[Discussion] Thoughts and comparisons between One Piece and Naruto?

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Which do you prefer and why?
Which has the best storyline?
Why so you think one is better than the other?

Overall I loved both, Naruto got me in the world of anime and manga and One Piece showed so amazing the manga world is :)

Im_not_Osama_bin_laden

Regular
Kin
2,583💸
Kumi
330💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't choose. I have seen Naruto like 4 times and I was thinking of watching it again today so yeah. I'm also currently watching One piece and I have been following the manga since the Totland arc. They both have their own good stuff and their own bad stuff but even with that I just can't choose between.

Reactions: Uchiha seeker

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly my eyes there's one difference that sticks out.

With Naruto, majority of the focus is on the primary characters which is ok but there's so many other characters that people love who barely get any screen time. You do see them but they don't have much progression in terms of le story

One Piece focuses in the main characters as well but you still get to see some scenes of older charactere and what they've been upto.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think One Piece is far better than Naruto in most regards, but I prefer how Naruto handled characters. One Piece is focused most heavily on setting pieces into place and the overall story, so characters are deceivingly and intentionally neglected. You'll get their backstory, then get their real or newfound feelings, but they never really progress past that. Characters are just super static once their true allegiance is established. My hate for Usopp and Sanji's personalities is probably the biggest reason I even care though.

Reactions: Uchiha seeker

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think One Piece is far better than Naruto in most regards, but I prefer how Naruto handled characters. One Piece is focused most heavily on setting pieces into place and the overall story, so characters are deceivingly and intentionally neglected. You'll get their backstory, then get their real or newfound feelings, but they never really progress past that. Characters are just super static once their true allegiance is established. My hate for Usopp and Sanji's personalities is probably the biggest reason I even care though.
I hated Usopp at first but kinda grown into liking him... he still a sissy though.

• Angry
Reactions: HowDidIGetPrem

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece is so much better it’s not even funny. Character building/development, world building, creativity, plot, aesthetic, and yes even art. There isn’t a single category Naruto excels at over OP.
I am imagining that you are only comparing creativity, aesthetic and art of manga here because this could not be more wrong if you we are comparing anime adaptations of these series.
Have you even seen Kakashi vs Obito fight adaptation? The cuts are beyond amazing and every segment of that fight is so creatively choreographed that that fight alone is probably one of the most beautiful and aesthetic fights not just among B3 but in general. In terms of anime adaptation, OP is always going to be on a losing side if you put the two of them side by side.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I am imagining that you are only comparing creativity, aesthetic and art of manga here because this could not be more wrong if you we are comparing anime adaptations of these series.
Have you even seen Kakashi vs Obito fight adaptation? The cuts are beyond amazing and every segment of that fight is so creatively choreographed that that fight alone is probably one of the most beautiful and aesthetic fights not just among B3 but in general. In terms of anime adaptation, OP is always going to be on a losing side if you put the two of them side by side.
Yeah I was talking about the manga