[Discussion] 'This>That' logic

Muginiz

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am I the only one who's sick of it? I mean, why does it always have to be this way?

I have been reading different manga series for almost 8 to 10 years now, but I don't think I have ever considered it to be such a big deal. If one character does something cool, awesome. If the other one doesn't or does it later in the series, that's cool too. They're a part of the same series and not every single character has to fill every other character's shoes.

So, I don't really get the 'this>that... no **** you. That is 1000xxxx > This ' trend. It's just stupid.

Sapiens Sequax Sex Semita

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am I the only one who's sick of it? I mean, why does it always have to be this way?

I have been reading different manga series for almost 8 to 10 years now, but I don't think I have ever considered it to be such a big deal. If one character does something cool, awesome. If the other one doesn't or does it later in the series, that's cool too. They're a part of the same series and not every single character has to fill every other character's shoes.

So, I don't really get the 'this>that... no **** you. That is 1000xxxx > This ' trend. It's just stupid.
>.> the **** is this

<.< the **** is that.

^.^ the **** are those

Dr Strangelove

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
...if you're referring to people saying why they prefer one character over another because of that persons feats then I see no problem with that...

Muginiz

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol I don't understand your post.
Hehe... Really? I guess I should have tried to put it some other way.

I was trying to highlight the on-going trend of character comparisons (and bashing).
By that, I mean if Sasuke does something in one chapter then Sasuke fans are all over other characters' fans (say Naruto, for example). Or like in today's case, Zoro>Sanji or Zoro>Luffy arguments.

...if you're referring to people saying why they prefer one character over another because of that persons feats then I see no problem with that...
I get the personal opinion thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, yes. But they take it to the next level (offending other users, making fun of their intelligence etc.). And it's always the case.

Saying 'I like Naruto more than Sasuke' is a-okay. But when they put it like: Naruto 100X > Sasuke = FACT!!!... is just obnoxious and annoying. They're not just stating their opinions but trying to shove them down other people's throats.

Last edited:

shon93

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think your being overly sensitive..this is a forum ..not a childrens daycare...the biggest reason why I respect most of the guys on the forum because they have there own opinion and they don't follow the crowd..its just up to you to use your mind to tell when someone is being sarcastic or not....

Muginiz

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think your being overly sensitive..this is a forum ..not a childrens daycare...the biggest reason why I respect most of the guys on the forum because they have there own opinion and they don't follow the crowd..its just up to you to use your mind to tell when someone is being sarcastic or not....
I guess you're missing my point.

As I said in my previous post, I do not have a problem with people having their opinions. I look forward to reading what people have to say. But when people post out of spite, unresolved issues with other users, pure hate with no justification... It gets hard to take them seriously. They act like elementary school kids, desperately trying to compete for the 'who's the coolest kid in the class' position.

Dr Strangelove

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I get the personal opinion thing. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, yes. But they take it to the next level (offending other users, making fun of their intelligence etc.). And it's always the case.

Saying 'I like Naruto more than Sasuke' is a-okay. But when they put it like: Naruto 100X > Sasuke = FACT!!!... is just obnoxious and annoying. They're not just stating their opinions but trying to shove them down other people's throats.
It is annoying.
Doesn't really get to me much, nor do I see many people doing it when it comes to preferences over another character.
If anything you only really get that fact/opinion thing when it comes to VS threads, not favourite characters. Ofc there are a few exceptions like the die hard fan boy trolls, but they don't count as people so.