Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The big title anime/manga like One Piece, Naruto/Boruto, Dragonball, or Bleach is not as exciting to talk about anymore - that was where most of the user and guest traffic. And with anime becoming a big trend, but people don't socialize on forums anymore.
Nonesense. With the exception of Bleach due to lack of content, each of those series are still exciting. The lack of talk is on this site. Others are fine (YouTube, Reddit, probably etc).

Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The big title anime/manga like One Piece, Naruto/Boruto, Dragonball, or Bleach is not as exciting to talk about anymore - that was where most of the user and guest traffic. And with anime becoming a big trend, but people don't socialize on forums anymore.
u r a betrayer.. do u know that???..

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I remember you. Your comments failed by the way (failed to convey truth that is).
I remembered he created that thread asking if sasuke will met the sage back in early 2014 when Madara stabbed sasuke and took kurama. Everybody in that thread dunked on the idea of sasuke meeting the sage and then he actually did and sasuke fans celebrated. Missed those good times at nb.

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I remembered he created that thread asking if sasuke will met the sage back in early 2014 when Madara stabbed sasuke and took kurama. Everybody in that thread dunked on the idea of sasuke meeting the sage and then he actually did and sasuke fans celebrated. Missed those good times at nb.
That's amazing. I remember that thread but forgot he made it. He must have had one of, if not the biggest facepalm moment of his life.

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
yeah i loght my a§§ of when saski after death got saved by hagoromo and given free powerz but then in a end boroto fvcked his rinesharingone :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..
It wasn't free. He earned Hagoromo's respect. And his eye was only stabbed. Karin and Sakura healed his stab wound(s) against Danzo and Isshiki. It's probably already healed. He's just hiding it from shady Amado.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It wasn't free. He earned Hagoromo's respect. And his eye was only stabbed. Karin and Sakura healed his stab wound(s) against Danzo and Isshiki. It's probably already healed. He's just hiding it from shady Amado.
see???...u just sliped ur tong and admited he got saved by sakora and karin...

in nushtel : sasuke whole fights was either he receive help or get saved by otherz..

his only fight where he won fair was vs teitara..

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
see???...u just sliped ur tong and admited he got saved by sakora and karin...
Karin healed him when Danzo was on the verge of death and Sakura after the battle ended.

in nushtel : sasuke whole fights was either he receive help or get saved by otherz..
Defeated Naruto alone in the academy, final valley part one, Orochimaru's hideout, & Samurai bridge (passed out from poison laced kunai). Zaku, Yoroi, Gaara, Kurama at final valley part one & two, & Orochimaru's hideout. Orochimaru, Shee, the original white Zetsu, the rest of the Biju, kid Shin round one & two, and adult Shin round two.

his only fight where he won fair was vs teitara..
"Fair" - There are no rules.

Reactions: Angel90

deadp00l

Veteran
Kin
41💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this one?

This may be the only time a thread of mine failed.

Every other time I was successful at riling up Sasuke fans :whip:

Reactions: Tantalus Thief
Kin
399💸
Kumi
60💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The big title anime/manga like One Piece, Naruto/Boruto, Dragonball, or Bleach is not as exciting to talk about anymore - that was where most of the user and guest traffic.
That's because their influence is waning hard these days.
To give perspective, more recently popular series such as Attack On Titan aren't taking any pages from their books, and few if any even look in DB's direction for inspiration.
One Piece is chugging along, Bleach is over, and no one cares about Naruto anymore, but none of these have the amount of influence they once did.

Only things that still throw in references to those series are MHA and (thanks to Murata) OPM. Most newer series are just people doing their own thing or looking to different series for inspiration.

For example, Hiroyuki Sawano is one of the most popular anime soundtrack composers presently, and his most common projects have little in the way of similarities between them and the aforementioned Jump series.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Could it be that, for once, the blame lies with the fanbase and not with the art(ists)?

Hear me out

While the original series' are done, they have spawned successors (although their worthiness can be questioned) which carry much in common with the originals. So even if they're not 100% the same, they should have enough to combine with loyalty/nostalgia and keep the numbers at similar levels to past days.

Assuming that to be true, the problem with numbers dropping should then lie with the fanbases.

How so?

It could be that a feeling of seniorship has taken grip of fans of the original series and they unfairly criticize anything new.

It could also be that a subconscious sense of fear of the original series being overshadowed by the successor (whether due to art quality or natural development - animation quality, new generation of fans, etc) causes them to instinctively attack the successors.

It could be a sense of shared glory in the series they grew up in being known as 'peak shonen' is coveted and causes them to attempt to trash the successor series. This is largely similar to wars between fanbases, except now it is inter-generational

It could also be outside of either fanbases or the artworks

How so?

Well, natural elements could be at play. The fanbases are largely people who have lives. The teenagers of 2013 are now young adults who must work etc. Some of them may have gone into poverty, others may have contracted diseases and even the successful ones may be too busy with work or relationship issues - fact is, in many parts of the world such series are viewed as niche or even cringy interests.

So there can be a great number of reasons why any series falls off in numbers that do not actually reflect the quality of the work itself. That may be why some discount numbers when evaluating such human things as arts, even when those numbers come from humans themselves.

What say you?

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I doubt this is the reason the site gets guest in the thousands with only 5-6 users online is a site problem and the popularity never wanned as much its downplayed a lot NB's competitors aren't wasteland sites even till this day even comicvine is doing better than ever NF is doing even better after it's change to fanverse. Momoshiki vs naruto and sasuke is one of the most viewed shounen anime fights on youtube even beyond goku vs jiren at 50 mil iirc momos fight sits at 63 mil views. Most shounens barely scratch or touch this number this isn't surprising as the director of that episode is weilin zhang who also animated gear 5 he's a legend in the anime community thanks to Mob Pyscho which had fantastic animation and literally set a precedent in terms of fluid animations.

Battle shounens are popular because people wether you like it or not love when chars punch or cut one another with creative powers, and the classics will always be even hxh 2011 is till this day. Hence dbz is still talked about even when I joined and it was a series twice my age. DBZ's fanbase is massive. So is the HST (OP, naruto and bleach) hell most weebs even till this day say if you haven't seen FMAB you aren't a real anime fan lmfao. Same with Yu Yu Hakusho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tantalus Thief