This episode actually did something really smart.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really liked the way they handled Boruto's character and the relationship with his father in this episode. So much so that my favorite part was Boruto lifting his fist for Naruto to bump it and Naruto putting a hand on his head, showing how he is yet to acknowledge Boruto and still sees him as a kid. This, alongside what is shown in the movie arc they're about to adapt, creates an unspoken need Boruto has to gain his father's acknowledgement, represented by that very fist bump, which has, since Killer B's debut, shown to be representative of two characters' respect for and acknowledgement of one another

You must be registered for see images

His victory later in the chunin exams causes Naruto to acknowledge him though, and he raises a fist for Boruto to bump, but Boruto doesn't do it because he feels unworthy of that acknowledgement and guilty at the fact that he cheated to get there.

He eventually overcomes that guilt though, s and tries again for a fist bump after beating Shikadai, but by then Naruto has seen right through him and exposes his Kote for everyone to see.

It isn't until the arc's ending and Boruto has gained his father's respect through his own feats that they finally do it.

This is a perfect example of "show, don't tell", and while much of it is to the movie's credit more so than the anime since it started with the original idea of the fist bump, this episode shows that it started with Boruto wanting his father to see him as more than just a kid, which really adds an extra layer to everything that comes afterwards by portraying it as Boruto's effort to get that fist bump, and really justifies his use of the Kote to cheat, at least from his point of view. I didn't give the SP writers enough credit, that was a really smart way to show things from Boruto's point of view.

Reactions: lndra and rollin

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
0/10 episode only boruto characters fans would find it decent. i mean why waste the second half of the episode just setting up zetsu? why not make them fight him in this episode and continue next week. SP don't know what they're doing this is just so fkin sad how they're ruining the entire series like that

i have read many comments that people are bored and dropped it. many of them won't even return because it's too late. what did SP expect from their actions? no main plot for 52 episodes? seriously? even naruto shippuden didn't do that SMFH

Belserion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah. I actually thought they were going to make Boruto forcefully hate Naruto during the movie arc but now with Naruto breaking his promise to Boruto it all make sense.

It was a smart move

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
0/10 episode only boruto characters fans would find it decent. i mean why waste the second half of the episode just setting up zetsu? why not make them fight him in this episode and continue next week. SP don't know what they're doing this is just so fkin sad how they're ruining the entire series like that

i have read many comments that people are bored and dropped it. many of them won't even return because it's too late. what did SP expect from their actions? no main plot for 52 episodes? seriously? even naruto shippuden didn't do that SMFH
I really don't get you dude. You complain again and again and again that this anime has no main plot and that we should get more Otsusuki, but the second we get something even remotely close to Team 7 doing anything Otsusuki related, you bail and start complaining about how it sucks and that you're abandoning it. I mean, yes, you complain about those 52 episodes, but up until today you've been its most avid supporter in the whole site.

Whatever though. You'll go back to the mindless hype the moment the Momoshiki arc gets going. I'd bet my left nut on it.

EDIT:

:lol y u so salty, man?

Last edited:

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really don't get you dude. You complain again and again and again that this anime has no main plot and that we should get more Otsusuki, but the second we get something even remotely close to Team 7 doing anything Otsusuki related, you bail and start complaining about how it sucks and that you're abandoning it. I mean, yes, you complain about those 52 episodes, but up until today you've been its most avid supporter in the whole site.

Whatever though. You'll go back to the mindless hype the moment the Momoshiki arc gets going. I'd bet my left nut on it.

EDIT:

:lol y u so salty, man?
MAYBE BECAUSE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH???????????? WHY SHOULD WE WAIT YET ANOTHER 2 WEEKS FOR THE PROPER START OF MOVIE ARC????? THEY FKIN BAITED US WITH THE TITLE FOR NEXT WEEK A DISGUSTING BAIT THAT LEFT ME DISAPPOINTED AND BETRAYED x

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
MAYBE BECAUSE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH???????????? WHY SHOULD WE WAIT YET ANOTHER 2 WEEKS FOR THE PROPER START OF MOVIE ARC????? THEY FKIN BAITED US WITH THE TITLE FOR NEXT WEEK A DISGUSTING BAIT THAT LEFT ME DISAPPOINTED AND BETRAYED x
So you're pissed at having to wait two more weeks for the thing you've been waiting since the start of the series for and therefore you're dropping the series rather than waiting two more weeks? :|

Sounds rational.

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lmao 123filler was pushing all these arcs for so long and finally gets sick of em when we actually get to official content

Edit:

Didn’t watch the episode, I dropped Boruto but I might pick it back up since it’s progressing again, especially since Super over

But yeah that’s cool! Good writing

Last edited:

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't pay that close attention to the details and weaving of plot but I did appreciate for sentimental value and made it even sadder that Naruto wasn't their and didn't keep his word which is totally against his character

guts2nevergiveup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you're pissed at having to wait two more weeks for the thing you've been waiting since the start of the series for and therefore you're dropping the series rather than waiting two more weeks? :|

Sounds rational.
Great thread my guy! The fact that the director of the Boruto movie had way more content that he couldn't include in the movie and he's working along with the anime now for this arc probably has smth to do with your observation right there which was on point.

Also Lmfao @123filler

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Boruto and Naruto were pretty close as we can see from their interactions before Naruto became the Hokage. So all of Boruto's actions till his final chunnin exam fight before the Momoshiki attacks were him trying to get Naruto's attention and appreciation at any cost imo.