[Spoilers] [Theory] Kabuto's glasses

Should we call him Kabuto or stick with Kabutomaru?

• Kabuto

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Kabutomaru

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

Nidaime Pupil

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His glasses reflect/negate the Sharingan genjutsu! (does he ever take them off)

Yes? No? Otherwise he's already under Tsukuyomi here unless Sage Mode prevents it... (Since he is looking Itachi full in the eyes)
You must be registered for see images

Also, a Poll! LOL this thread is just for fun nothing actually serious.

But since he has "surpassed" Orochimaru-sama do we call him Kabuto or Kabutomaru (/juugo/suigetsu/karin/douche)

Last edited:
Reactions: skehan17

Uchiha Jinchuuriki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the glasses are for his eyesight def have nothing to do with genjutsu me thinks nature energy gives him some kind of immunity as he is always still. Also def kabutomaru would never be where he is without oro

Nidaime Pupil

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what's so special about his glasses?
The first line in this thread is "His glasses reflect/negate the Sharingan." :sy:Thus, his glasses are able to negate the Sharingan. Thus, his glasses are special because...
they are able to negate the Sharingan
since he is fighting Itachi and Sasuke it would be pretty useful and he needs a way to not be instantly ko'd by sharingan genjutsu i.e. Tsukuyomi. He seems pretty confident and also not under gentutsu unless he already is or Sage mode allows him to not be affected by genjutsu.

the glasses are for his eyesight def have nothing to do with genjutsu me thinks nature energy gives him some kind of immunity as he is always still. Also def kabutomaru would never be where he is without oro
Agreed, something is preventing the genjutsu from working on him. :shrug:

yeahhh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I guess your theory applies to Naruto as well? Seeing as how they both have Sage Mode? Or do you think this only applies to Kabuto's Sage mode? And if that is the case I would like to know why lol

Qcks

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The answer is no. His glasses do not prevent genjutsu. There has never been an item in the series that prevents Genjutsu use by another.

Deidara kept one eye covered because it was specifically conditioned to counter itachi's genjutsu, but the covering it's self didn't impart any resistance.

Glasses aren't even proper coverings for his eyes, so... i think the answer is no.

He's probably immune to genjutsu because of his new sage mode, but even that is speculative.

Rune

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmmm, good question, cause right after that scene where he looks Itachi in the eyes, he pulls his hood over his face to escape Itachi's eyes, but then he already looked into them?

Sterling Malory Archer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
His glasses reflect/negate the Sharingan genjutsu! (does he ever take them off)

Yes? No? Otherwise he's already under Tsukuyomi here unless Sage Mode prevents it... (Since he is looking Itachi full in the eyes)
You must be registered for see images

But since he has "surpassed" Orochimaru-sama do we call him Kabuto or Kabutomaru (/juugo/suigetsu/karin/douche)
He doesn't take them off because he has bad-eye sight.

And it doesn't show us where Kabuto is looking. He could be looking at the base of Itachi's neck

moongem

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well... that seems like a bit of a long shot... I mean, anyone who's ever looked someone who wears glasses in the eyes, you'll know your image is not reflected...
So it seems unlikely.
I'm not saying I don't think it's impossible... it's like asking if Itachi were to us Amaterasu through a window, would the glass ignite, or would his target.

As for the poll... he's not Kabutomaru. He's Kabuto with Oro's DNA, I thought this was confirmed?

Anub

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I will only reply to this:

His name NEVER was Kabutomaru in the manga. His name is Kabuto. Unless you show me a page in the manga where he used the potara rings to fusion with Orochimaru, I will still call him Kabuto. Or if we're using the "Kabutomaru" logic, by now we should call him Kabutomaruugotsurinsagewithhorns.