Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I remember after the Colorado thing people were joking about how this type of stuff would never happen in small cities or towns .I remember someone said to me "no one is interested it our little Louisiana towns to shoot in the movies" and sadly it happened here. It's really sad this happened.

Kαmi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is literally my city. My boss told me about it while I was at work tonight. There were ambulances and cops flying over there and it was packed. At the time he told me about it, it wasn't confirmed if the killer killed himself or not. The Grande is somewhere I pass up everyday going to work or to my parents house. I have friends who work there. Hell, I was gonna go this Sunday! I've gone there for years and I can't recall there being an act of violence this extreme since I went to the movies growing up. It's a theatre you'd never expect such danger to occur but I guess that's how it happens. Our city has been becoming more violent lately but this is too much.

I've had so many memories in that place. I wonder how this is going to affect the theatre now. That could have easily been me or one of my friends. My Facebook and Twitter are blowing up right now from the incident. I'm not one to get paranoid after an incident occurs but that's not the same for others so I imagine there will be some changes. I feel like it's going to be weird being at the movies now knowing that people were killed in there, for no ****ing reason :/

LustyLover

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is literally my city. My boss told me about it while I was at work tonight. There were ambulances and cops flying over there and it was packed. At the time he told me about it, it wasn't confirmed if the killer killed himself or not. The Grande is somewhere I pass up everyday going to work or to my parents house. I have friends who work there. Hell, I was gonna go this Sunday! I've gone there for years and I can't recall there being an act of violence this extreme since I went to the movies growing up. It's a theatre you'd never expect such danger to occur but I guess that's how it happens. Our city has been becoming more violent lately but this is too much.

I've had so many memories in that place. I wonder how this is going to affect the theatre now. That could have easily been me or one of my friends. My Facebook and Twitter are blowing up right now from the incident. I'm not one to get paranoid after an incident occurs but that's not the same for others so I imagine there will be some changes. I feel like it's going to be weird being at the movies now knowing that people were killed in there, for no ****ing reason :/
Nice sig.

Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I'm from Opelousas but I've been to the Grand a few times. I did have the eerie feeling of a shooting happening when I went but luckily in never happened when I went.Sadly this stuff happened to those people. Wish it didn't happen

Kαmi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm from Opelousas but I've been to the Grand a few times. I did have the eerie feeling of a shooting happening when I went but luckily in never happened when I went.Sadly this stuff happened to those people. Wish it didn't happen
It's hard to believe. We think of this city being so small, my friends and I have literally said words along the lines of, "Nobody would want to bother to do a theatre shooting in Lafayette." Just shows how possible it really is. My roommate said this girl he used to play band with mother is dead now. She got a call while in band practice saying her mother was dead. That's heartbreaking. It's not something I'd wish on anyone, not in Lafayette or anywhere else.

Fresco

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Sorry to hear that, man. Its sad to think someone won't be going home to their family tonight.

Xlad

Supreme
Kin
138💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Damn, really sorry to hear it happened in your place. It's really disheartening how the one place where people can enjoy themselves become a shooting ground. Since something like this happened, I am honestly more hesistant going to watch movies.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
From what I've read of witness testimonies, the gunman simply opened fire without words.

From the Communist News Network:

" 11:16 p.m. : The weapon used in the shooting was a handgun, said police Sgt. Brooks David.

10:52 p.m.: Authorities said they know the identity of the shooter but are withholding it so as not to "affect the integrity" of the investigation. "

Other sources are saying the man had a criminal history.

The reporting is a little inflamed. The three dead includes the shooter, and the two people he killed were those he sat right behind. If I were a betting man, those two were his targets. He might have shot at others to try and mask it as a movie theater shooting, but he ran back inside the theater and shot himself after he saw the officers closing in on the theater.

It sounds less random once you look beyond the inflamed reporting. He planned to escape and hope that he would remain anonymous and the event categorized as another senseless shooting.

I would imagine there is a connection between the shooter and the two dead victims.

A lot of the other injuries sound like they were panic-induced and simply included to imply there was a lot more shooting going on than there actually was.

Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's hard to believe. We think of this city being so small, my friends and I have literally said words along the lines of, "Nobody would want to bother to do a theatre shooting in Lafayette." Just shows how possible it really is. My roommate said this girl he used to play band with mother is dead now. She got a call while in band practice saying her mother was dead. That's heartbreaking. It's not something I'd wish on anyone, not in Lafayette or anywhere else.
That's really sad. One of my friends went to college with the younger women that was killed and apparently stupid Westboro is trying to come to protest those people's funerals.