The Uchiha brothers (a what if fanfiction chapter 2)

-Haku Yuki-

Supreme
Kin
59💸
Kumi
1,030💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chapter 1: https://animebase.me/threads/the-uchiha-brothers-a-what-if-fanfiction-chapter-1.784617/

Itachi and Kisame sit at a local bar, keeping an eye on Jiraiya and Naruto's movements. Itachi by observing Jiraiya for only a few short hours had already determined his foes weakness. Women. Itachi looked up at Kisame.

"I'll put a women under a genjutsu, this will separate the two then we can grab the Ninetails."

Kisame smirked he knew Itachi would figure out his opponent quickly but to his credit Jiraiya wasn't exactly hiding his…weakness.

"That's right ladies it's me the legendary toad sage of mount myoboku! Who will be the first to take on this legendary beast!"

"Pervy sage could you stop being a pervert for five minutes! Aren't we looking for someone!"

"Hush Naruto, we can look for Tsunade at our leisure, first I need to do some…"research" for my next novel."

Naruto clearly upset with his masters behavior, made a single hand sign, transforming into a nude women. Jiraiya got a massive nosebleed falling over from it as Naruto dragged him out of the bar. Kisame face palmed.

"You sure he's really one of the legendary Sannin?"

"Positive, he may look like a fool, but in battle he is a fierce opponent."

"Why do I doubt you."

"Enough talk, let's find our decoy."

Itachi and Kisame walked out of the bar and began scanning the town for a women that they could use to separate Naruto and Jiraiya. Itachi was quick to find a candidate. As he was about to approach the women he stopped in his tracks. A man with an orange mask appeared in the shops near by, almost as if from no where. His one eye hole shining with a red glow. To kisames surprise Itachi looked agitated. Itachi made an immediate beeline to the man, Kisame following close behind.

"Itachi it is good to see you. "

"Madara you better have a good reason for showing your face."

Kisame looked shocked at the mention of Madara, he was surprised to see him here, since he last saw him in the mist many years ago. He stayed quiet for now and listened in.

"Is that anyway to treat someone who has valuable information for you?"

"Spit it out then, I don't have time for your games."

"Always right to the point aren't you? I like that about you Itachi. I just thought I'd let you know Danzo has betrayed your deal with him. He now possess the sharingan."

At this mention Itachi's eyes immediately turned to the mankekyo, and for the first time Kisame saw rage on Itachis face.

"If you're lying."

"I have no reason to lie to you Itachi, look around, the root members are already watching you and Kisame."

Itachi turned to look around and indeed they were already surrounded. Itachi looked back to Madara but he had already disappeared. Itachi looked to Kisame and the two walked towards the edge of town. The root members then appeared around them. 10 in total.

"So, friends of yours Itachi?"

"I don't have time for you, surrender or die."

"Lord Danzo has no more use for Itachi, we're here to give you a message, the Uchiha clan ends tonight."

As soon as those words left his mouth the root members were engulfed in black flames. The others tried to scatter but Kisame quickly stopped them with water sharks killing 5 more. They escaped, at least in their minds anyway. In reality they were all under genjutsu before the fight had even begun. Itachi killed all but one, using his sharingan to read his mind and learn of Sasukes location.

"Kisame, we are changing targets."

"What about the nine tails?"

"We can capture it at another time. This is more pressing."

"Hm, it better be a good reason then. Fine, who are we after?"

"A man named Danzo, he leads a secret organization, and he has ties to Orochimaru. Pain could use that information since Orochimarus capture is also one of our missions."

"Ok, I like it. Saw we go?"

The scene fades to black. We switch to the root HQ, Danzo is sitting in a room, taking off his arm gauntlet. Sasuke sits in the other corner of the room, his arms and legs tied and a sealing tag placed on his eyes. He begins to wake up.

"I see you've woken up. Good then you'll be able to see the end of your clan with your own eyes, before I take them that is."

"Who are you!"

"I want your brother, you should have already died 5 years ago, your death was only delayed that's all."

"What makes you think capturing me will draw out Itachi? He wouldn't come to save me."

"On the contrary boy, you are the only thing that would draw him out of hiding."

"What are you on?"

"Itachi wouldn't dare let me harm a single hair on your head. After all it was his sacrifice that allowed you to stay safe from me for so long. "

"Sacrifice?"

"Maybe it's better if you hear it from his mouth, isn't that right? Itachi."

The door exploded in flames as several dozen root members went flying through it. On the other side was Itachi, his face showing his pure anger in it. Danzo stood up fully unwrapping his arm, showing the ten sharingan underneath. Itachi entered the room, eyeing down Danzo. Sasuke tried to react to Itachi's presence but was unable to move at all.

"Itachi, how nice of you to join us."

"Danzo I warned you, but now it's too late. I will kill you. "

"I knew you wouldn't dare leave Sasuke in my hands. Unlike Orochimaru, I don't desire his body, just his eyes. And of course yours as well. You two are loose ends in my plans, and must be put down."

"If you speak another word, I'll make you suffer a fate worse than death."

"Your anger blinds you Itachi, I hold all the cards. Surrender and your brother lives."

Danzo picked up Sasuke, holding a kunai to his throat. Itachi kept a calm face, but he flinched slightly.

"You're a fool if you think my life matters to him."

"Is that so boy? Itachi why not enlighten your brother, about why you killed your clan?"

"What?"

"Danzo, why should I believe your word that you'll spare him? You've already betrayed me twice today. "

"Smart, I knew you wouldn't fall for it, just what I expected from you Itachi. I was only buying time to release myself from your genjutsu."

One eye on danzo's arm closed and Itachi fell to one knee, covering his eye. The tsukuyomi…failed? One glance at his arm told Itachi everything he needed to know, Danzo was using Izanagi. Itachi had been casting the tsukuyomi on Danzo when he went for Sasuke, but was wondering why the jutsu did not work. Sasuke was left dumbfounded about what was happening. Was Itachi, trying to save him? And what did Danzo mean, what are they talking about?

"Go on Itachi, use your eyes, mine are now stronger."

"Danzo, I should have killed you instead of the clan, you're the real threat to the village."

"No, I am what the village needs. The Uchiha, Hiruzen, the first hokage. All of them were either threats to the village, or incompetent peace loving fools. Your clan were just fools however, thinking they stood a chance against the village. Had you not done it, they would have been wiped out regardless."

"ENOUGH!"

Sasuke attempted to attack Danzo by pushing his body against him, breaking free of his hold. Itachi took the opportunity to launch an attack, crows came flying at them, one group grabbing Sasuke while the others surrounded Danzo and pushed him into the wall holding him there. Several flaming shuriken then struck Danzo. Another eye closed and he appeared behind the two Uchiha he attempted to attack but was blocked by the Yata mirror. Danzo jumped out of the way as the totska blade swung at him. Danzo had however jumped into a swarm of crows that pinned him to the wall. Flaming shuriken once again came at him striking him. Danzo looked down at his arm as another eye closed. He was shocked to see it was the same eye.

"Damn you Itachi."

In reality Danzo was pushed up against the wall by Itachi's crows. One of Itachi's eyes had gone blind, the one used for amaterasu.

"This is Izanami, You've lost Danzo."

Itachi undid Sasukes restraints and sealing tag, as soon as he did Sasuke swung at Itachi, only for him to effortlessly block it. Sasuke looked at Itachi with pure anger but It softened a bit to a look of confusion.

"Why did you save me? What was that old fool talking about?"

Itachi pondered his next move. Should he continue the lie? Beat Sasuke down here and double down. He could wipe his memory, but Izanami had drained him of most of his chakra. And a part of him felt betrayed. He sacrificed everything for his village, for his brother. Only for it to not matter, for Danzo to betray Itachi's sacrifice. His clan gone, his village hated him, and his brother did too. What did he have left? Itachi reached his hand out to Sasukes forehead, grabbing the back of his head and bringing him in like he does in their last interaction in the main story.

"Sasuke perhaps, for once, I shall tell you the truth. "

Sasuke backed away sharingan active. His face looking confused and hurt.

"The truth is, the Uchiha had planned a coup, it was my mission to stop them. My only request was that you would be safe."

"What, what do you…"

"No matter what, I considered myself a leaf ninja first. I put everything on my shoulders, I wanted to be hokage, I wanted to protect my village. But it seems that, the very village I tried to protect, betrays me even when I did everything for them."

"You, you're telling the truth aren't you? Big brother?"

Tears streamed from Itachis eyes. As he looked in Sasukes eyes.

"I wanted to be judged by another Uchiha, to set you up as the hero that avenged the clan, to preserve the clans name by not letting them drag us into the 4th ninja war. All I've done is play into Danzo's hands. "

Seeing this sight brought tears to Sasukes eyes, as he approached his brother and hugged him. Anger towards the village for doing this to his brother triggered something inside of Sasuke, and when he next opened his eyes, they were the mankekyo. Itachis anger too had grown, and now the brothers had reconciled. They heard clapping, both looked up to see Danzo had escaped the Izanami.

"What!"

"Very touching Itachi, and a nice try. However Izanami makes you recognize your true self. I have always been like this, I know who I am. Someone that does whatever it takes to protect the village. Your jutsu only delayed me."

Looking down at his arm Danzo could see the time limit on his jutsu was ticking while he was caught. He now only had two eyes on his arm. Sasuke stood up his eyes glaring at Danzo with the full might of the mankekyo. Itachi tried to stop Sasuke but could only manage standing back on his feet. Sasuke looked at his brother.

"We fight him together, big brother. "

Sasuke smirked for the first time at Itachi since the morning before the massacre. Itachi smiled back, poking Sasukes forehead. Sasuke could feel some kind of power enter him when he did. Itachi then activated his susano'o and threw the yatsaka beads at Danzo. Danzo summoned his elephant to suck them in, it ate the beads and was pulling the Uchiha brothers in, Itachi could not sustain the susano'o but released a fireball into the summons mouth. Danzo then tried to sneak up behind the two while Itachi did this. Sasuke turned to react to Danzo and he was engulfed in black flames. Another eye closed and Danzo continued his approach pulling out a wind blade, Sasuke activated his chidori and charged in too. Itachi turned around to see this, and with what chakra he had left he used tsukuyomi on Danzo, forcing him to use his last eye. Itachi fell to the ground his sharingan over used. The move had successfully slowed Danzo down however, as Sasuke got to him first striking him with the chidori. Danzo coughed up blood. He smiled though, revealing his death sealing jutsu, just as Sasuke and Itachi we're about to be taken by it, the image of Itachis mankekyo appeared in Sasuke eye, and the Yata mirror blocked the jutsu protecting the two Uchiha.

The two Uchiha limped out to meet up with Kisame who had been fending off waves of root ninja. Kisame looked confused as to who Sasuke was, but Itachi managed to convince him that Sasuke was now on their side. Later that evening Sasuke and Itachi were at Obitos lab.

"I see so Danzo is no longer a problem. I'm surprised though Itachi, you brought your brother along with you."

"We now share the same goal."

"Oh and what is that?"

Itachi and Sasuke spoke in unison, their mankekyo active, and in Itachis eye socket was Shisuis eye.

"The destruction of the leaf."
"The destruction of the leaf."

End of chapter 2.