The Uchiha brothers (A what if fanfiction chapter 1)

-Haku Yuki-

Supreme
Kin
59💸
Kumi
1,030💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As the dust settled on the village and the sun set Danzo sat in his bunker his face in his hand. A knock came at the door in morse code, a sign that it was one of his root members. With a glance the door unlocked itself and two ninja wearing masks appeared suddenly bowed on one knee. Danzo furrowed his brow and commanded them.

"Speak, what has become of the village?"

"Yes Lord Danzo. Orochimaru was driven back and the siege is now over."

Danzo squinted his eye knowing there was no possibility of Hiruzen defeating Orochimaru, not in his old age. Danzo looked up for a moment before coming to the conclusion himself.

"Hiruzen used the fourth hokages jutsu then I assume. Which means…"

"Yes Lord Danzo, Lord 3rd died in the battle."

"If Orochimaru still lives then he died in vein. I can only guess that he sealed a piece of his soul, enough to prevent Orochimaru from continuing his attack."

"Should we pursue him Lord Danzo?"

"No, he may still be of use to us. What was his aim with this attack?"

"The sharingan."

"I see, Sasuke…"

"Orochimaru managed to place a curse mark on him during the exams sir."

"I see. If he gets a hold of the sharingan he may be too much to control. I think it's time we finished off the Uchiha clan."

Danzo's eye had a look of caution and hatred in it. He knew this was a risky move, that if he makes a move against Sasuke, he also makes a move against Itachi. He looked at the smaller masked ninja that had yet to speak.

"You, I'm assigning you a special mission. Sasuke Uchiha, capture him, alive. Bring him to me."

"Yes Lord Danzo."

"For this mission to be successful we must draw out Itachi Uchiha and take the brothers out together in one fell swoop. Denying Orochimaru his goal, and tying a loose end from the massacre. Then with Itachi defeated by my hand The Daimao will have no choice but to name me the fifth hokage."

"A brilliant plan Lord Danzo."

"For this mission you shall be granted the name, Sai."

The ninja removed his mask revealing his pale skin, empty eyes and fake smile.

"Yes Lord Danzo."

The scene fades to black. Following the funeral of the 3rd hokage everyone begins to go back to their every day life. Sakura finds her way to the training field to find Sasuke practicing his chidori. She saw as lighting raced and crashed into a mountain side leaving a large hole. She already knew Sasuke was powerful but she was in awe of his new jutsu. Sasuke noticed her arrival before he even used the jutsu but pretended not to notice until he was finished. He turned to look at her.

"Sakura, how many times do I need to tell you I don't want you standing around watching me practice."

"I know it's just, you're so cool when you use that jutsu."

"Sakura, you said that before, I heard you the first hundred times."

Sakura laughed taking this as Sasuke listens to her. Complete with the inner Sakura fist pumping. Sasuke sighed in exasperation. But quickly his eyes darted to the tree line.

"Sakura, get out of here."

Sakura looking at Sasukes eyes could tell he was serious and dashed off. Sasuke then readied a kunai.

"Show yourself."

Sai jumped out of the tree he was hiding in, his fake smile spread across his face.

"Impressive, you really are an Uchiha."

"What do you want with me?"

"I simply came here to talk, I have information that could lead you to Itachi Uchiha, straight from the leader of the anbu sect known as Root."

Sasukes eyes widened at the mention of Itachi. But he could tell from the ninjas body language that he poised to attack, and his smile was not genuine.

"You think I'd fall for such a lie? You're dumber than Naruto."

"You are perceptive, good, I guess my smile still needs work. "

Sasuke immediately turned around to block an attack from an ink lion. As soon as he did Sai closed the distance between them and swung at his with his short sword. Sasuke ducked and sai's attack hit his own jutsu instead cutting it's jaw open and freeing Sasukes hand. Sasuke swept Sais feet and jumped back performing the signs for the fire ball jutsu. Sasuke unleashed the jutsu seemingly engulfing Sai and his jutsu. Sasuke landed with a smug smile on his face. Sai was nowhere to be seen however. Sai had retreated back to the trees.

"I see, so this is the power of the Uchiha."

Sasuke grinned.

"It's not to late for you to back off now, if it's too much for you."

"Ah sorry, I should be more clear. If this is what your clan is capable of…then no wonder they all got slaughtered."

Sasukes expression immediately turned to one of rage as his sharingan activated.

"If you want to live you'll take that back."

"Your clan was so weak, just a nuisance, killed in one night by a single man. How pathetic, maybe the village is better off without them."

"You're going to pay for that."

Sasuke began weaving the signs for the chidori, lighting cracked around him as the jutsu activated. His blood red eyes full of rage he took a stance ready to attack.

"I am an avenger, I will kill Itachi and redeem my clan."

"Aren't you awfully weak for an avenger?"

Sasuke losing his cool immediately rushed towards Sai, with his sharingan he could already tell the boy he was rushing was a clone and that the real Sai lay further up in the trees ready to pounce. Sasuke played into the ploy, charging the clone as first. But as he approached changed his trajectory jumping up smashing through the trees and connecting with Sai. His chidori cleanly going through his chest. Sasukes eyes evolved in this moment to his third tomoe, not just from his anger, but from his first kill.

"Now see where that smart mouth gets you. Never again will you talk bad of the Uchiha again. "

Sai smiled, Sasuke was caught off guard this time. Every other time the boy smiled it was a farce, but for the first time it was real. Sai grabbed Sasukes arm and opened his mouth revealing the seal on his tongue.

"In root, you have no name, you have no feelings, you have no past, you have no future. There is only, the mission."

Black Ink came pouring out of Sai's body engulfing Sasuke and Sai. Sasukes chakra was sapped and he lost consciousness as the ink wrapped around him and Sais bodies. Sai then looked up as the light faded from his eyes. For the first time since his brother died he felt something.

"So this, must be what's to like, to feel sadness. I wonder, brother, if you felt this when you died."

Sai fell to the ground with Sasuke. Sasuke was unconscious, but Sai had joined his brother and succeeded in his mission. The root ninja watching from further away came and collected Sasuke, and burned Sai's body. They then sweeped the area to make it look like nothing had happened.

Sakura had returned with Guy shortly after, but no sign of either ninja was left, the root ninja had covered all signs of a struggle and there were no clues to their whereabouts. Guy punched a tree cursing himself for not being faster.

"If only Kakashi weren't unconscious, his ninja hounds could sniff them out."

"What happened to Kakashi sensei anyway?"

"Sorry Sakura I can't tell you what happened yet, but I can't help but feel like it's related. (It can't be, Itachi was just fighting kakashi, he couldn't have come here and grabbed Sasuke too could he? Not in that sort of a time span, even for him.)

We cut to a scene on a cliff, Itachi and kisame are watching Naruto and Jiraiya. Itachi's sharingan looking as cold as ever.

"So think we can take him?"

"If we were to fight it would only end in both of us dying. But everyone has a weakness."

"Heh, I wonder if that's true for you."

Itachi looked up towards the sky with that comment and thought to himself. Sasuke.

End of chapter 1.

Reactions: Troi