Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi narutobase, i'm trying to get to the bottom of how the summoning jutsu works.

I feel like its usage really has not enough explanation. My favorite thing in early naruto was that they went into painstaking detail on EVERY jutus. When i was younger, i would try learning handsigns etc. I feel like the summoning technique needs more explanation.

WHAT WE KNOW:

The user signs a contract with some animal (or family of animals) with some blood

The user builds up his chakra

The user offers some of this blood and does the seals Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, Ram.

The user slams his hand down on the ground (or whatever surface he wanted to summon the creature on.

Its a time space technique

WHAT IS UNCLEAR:

Does the scroll need to be present for the justsu to work? We see kakashi place blood on his scroll when summoning his hounds although naruto seems to be able to summon toads without the scroll anywhere near him at all.

We've seen that someone else can mold your chakra to do the summoning. Does this mean that the handsigns aren't necessary as long as the seal (the one that forms at the moment of the summoning) is already drawn?

How does the reverse summoning work? Is that simply mean that an animal summons their master? or does it mean that the summoner teleports himself to his summon?

Is the amount of time it takes to summon something have to do with the size or the amount of chakra in the creature? It took jiraiya several minutes to summon ma and pa, but he can summon large toads instantly. Why

Sorry about the wall of text, but i really want to understand this jutsu

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i think in only some cases the srolls need to be present
most likely when you already have summons at the ready or when its multiple summons at once
i assume your refering to the naruto episode that came on toonami earlier when kakashi summoned multiple hounds but later in the chuunin exams he summons a solo pakkun off of someones back
for reverse summona i think its the animal summoning the master and jaraiya wasnt using that time to summon ma and pa he was building sage mode chakra then later summoned them to fuse with him

Kages

Legendary
Kin
-3💸
Kumi
-3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi narutobase, i'm trying to get to the bottom of how the summoning jutsu works.

I feel like its usage really has not enough explanation. My favorite thing in early naruto was that they went into painstaking detail on EVERY jutus. When i was younger, i would try learning handsigns etc. I feel like the summoning technique needs more explanation.

WHAT WE KNOW:

The user signs a contract with some animal (or family of animals) with some blood

The user builds up his chakra

The user offers some of this blood and does the seals Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, Ram.

The user slams his hand down on the ground (or whatever surface he wanted to summon the creature on.

Its a time space technique

WHAT IS UNCLEAR:

Does the scroll need to be present for the justsu to work? We see kakashi place blood on his scroll when summoning his hounds although naruto seems to be able to summon toads without the scroll anywhere near him at all. No

We've seen that someone else can mold your chakra to do the summoning. Does this mean that the handsigns aren't necessary as long as the seal (the one that forms at the moment of the summoning) is already drawn?
Yes
How does the reverse summoning work? Is that simply mean that an animal summons their master? or does it mean that the summoner teleports himself to his summon? Summoner resummoning their summon or something else

Is the amount of time it takes to summon something have to do with the size or the amount of chakra in the creature? It took jiraiya several minutes to summon ma and pa, but he can summon large toads instantly. Why Yes

Sorry about the wall of text, but i really want to understand this jutsu
the answers are in bold.

Reiki

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think in only some cases the srolls need to be present
most likely when you already have summons at the ready or when its multiple summons at once
i assume your refering to the naruto episode that came on toonami earlier when kakashi summoned multiple hounds but later in the chuunin exams he summons a solo pakkun off of someones back
for reverse summona i think its the animal summoning the master and jaraiya wasnt using that time to summon ma and pa he was building sage mode chakra then later summoned them to fuse with him
i agree with this