The "Something" Toneri did to Boruto wasn't giving Boruto the Jougan.

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But instead hastened Boruto to awaken it.

You must be registered for see images

Man/Translator who gave us novel and other info before via reddit.

So NO the Jougan isn't a given power up but instead his natural genetic code.
And by Genetic code we now have THREE PEOPLE BACKING the Hinata Jougan influence:

• Momoshiki
  • Urashiki
  • Toneri

TY and Boruto's eye will continue to give you nightmares. :lmao:

Last edited:

GetsugaTenshou

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't see why anyone would jump to such conclusions anyway because Toneri can't give away something which isn't within his current ability and if the Jougan's going to have any real impact against the current threats or make any sense from a writing standpoint, it would need to be considerably beyond blind Toneri's power level.

Hinabae's explanation makes more sense

In the Novel, Toneri was said to have "tempted" the power to awaken in Boruto.

So my understanding of all this, is not that Toneri "had this power and gave it away", but rather Boruto had certain requirements which allowed Toneri to awaken it inside of him.

Last edited:

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Toneri words in the anime (argh) point in that direction.

"The power of hope slumbers deep inside you".

"With that eye you will shoulder the fate of this world".

but the most intriguing part is..

"Your eye will probably guide you to the light that will dispel darkness.."

We know Boruto can see chakra, a special type of chakra and its path right to its origin as shown with the Nue. Will the eye point him in the right direction? Is he the light? Or is there something more?

Anyway, this kid is set for greatness.

Last edited:

UnderTheRedHood

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=21738158" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-21738158">I am all alone said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> Toneri words in the anime (argh) point in that direction. <br /> <br /> &quot;The power of hope slumbers deep inside you&quot;.<br /> <br /> &quot;With that eye you will shoulder the fate of this world&quot;.<br /> <br /> but the most intriguing part is..<br /> <br /> &quot;Your eye will probably guide you to the light that will dispel darkness..&quot;<br /> <br /> We know Boruto can see chakra, a special type of chakra and its path right to its origin as shown with the Nue. Will the eye point him in the right direction? Is he the light? Or is there something more?<br /> <br /> <b>Anyway, this kid is set for greatness.</b> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote> <div class="messageHide messageHide--image"> You must be registered for see images </div><br /> <br /> fodder would be blitzed in a sec</div>

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@thread

No, the Jougan is not a powerup.

fodder would be blitzed in a sec

Contribute man, contribute. That idiotic behaviour should be present in threads that don't bring nothing to this section, while threads that can be constructive are spammed with those comments. You are just a salty Serbian brate.

UnderTheRedHood

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=21738162" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-21738162">I am all alone said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> <span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">@thread</span><br /> <br /> <span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">No, the Jougan is not a powerup.</span><br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Contribute man, contribute. That idiotic behaviour should be present in threads that don't bring nothing to this section, while threads that can be constructive are spammed with those comments. You are just a salty Serbian brate.<br /> <br /> <br /> </span> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>What i am... you will never be that</div>

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's obviously genetic, largely due to his Hyuga blood, but I wouldn't rule out his Uzumaki and Six Paths influence as well. There has to be a reason why he has it while other Hyugas don't.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah I thought so. His Hyuga blood met the requirement to access the Joagan but why is Boruto any different? Perhaps Toneri infected boruto with hamura chakra influence??

Maybe it ties in to the tenseigan where the Ootsutski needed hyuga byakugan which matured into tenseigan. However in the case of Boruto its inverse. Not only he has the royals blood of the hyuga but perhaps the Ootsutski chakra that was manifested into Boruto helped him to unlock his untapped potential??

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I thought so. His Hyuga blood met the requirement to access the Joagan but why is Boruto any different? Perhaps Toneri infected boruto with hamura chakra influence??

Maybe it ties in to the tenseigan where the Ootsutski needed hyuga byakugan which matured into tenseigan. However in the case of Boruto its inverse. Not only he has the royals blood of the hyuga but perhaps the Ootsutski chakra that was manifested into Boruto helped him to unlock his untapped potential??
nah I think Boruto will have awaken it anyway but the NUE arc was a way for Toneri to let it awaken earlier then expected

hence him saying it will be dormant for some time but that is only temporary

Boruto had the Jougan since birth or the potential for it... I doubt it can be replicated with other byakugan folk

exactly why he said he didn't "give" him the eye since putting in chakra and turning one dojutsu into another is basically making the eye and not awakening the eye

like how Madara achieved Rinnegan

this is another case... Boruto by birth is a Jougan user without any add ons

Last edited: