Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shallot is ready for Nature to take it's course

How long after delivering milk cartons before my shell grows. Do I have to look at the moon everytime I want to turn into a monkey?
You must be registered to see images
You must be registered to see images
You must be registered for see images

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Here is link to Kumi Purchase (still pending). For clarity of thread, I know the training is general Sage Mode stuff, but I'm mainly going to be using Turtle or Monkey SM [X]

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Welcome to Senjutsu Training 101, I am your host Mirai the 8th. This will be a pretty brief training but I will still do my best to teach you in the art of Senjutsu. Let's start with the usual question, what is Sage Mode? What is Senjutsu and Natural Energy? Talk to me about becoming a Sage. Afterwards I'll be filling in any information you might have missed or misinformed about possibly.

• Haha
Reactions: System001

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hello Mirai the 8th, I am Kai... the first lol

Sage Mode is a transformation a user enters that dramatically increases their individual prowess and tunes them with nature around them. Sage Mode requires natural energy from the world around the user to be mixed into the users internal chakra system composed of physical and spiritual energy.

Natural Energy is energy that comes from the trees, plants, nature, environment, and essentially any non man-made entity. It differs from physical and spiritual energy that come from within people. Adding this energy turns regular chakra (composed of physical and spiritual energy) into "sage chakra" (composed of physical, spiritual, and natural energy). This in turns turns all their jutsu into senjutsu, which is dramatically more potent than standard jutsu using regular chakra.

To become a sage, one requires meditation to sense and take in natural energy around them. Typically natural energy is invisible to ordinary people and becomes visible after training. After it is sense and absorbed, users have to train to properly balance the natural energy with their physical and spiritual energies. An improper balance means the user is an Imperfect Sage, which results in more dramatic anatomical changes to their body and a less potent use of senjutsu. Perfect balance of physical, spiritual, and natural energy makes the user a Perfect Sage, which only leaves minimal anatomical changes to the body, typically limited to pigmentation around the eyes and a more potent use of senjutsu

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Good, now let me just fill in a bit on my part because I apparently love to run my mouth (GF said this to be today, sad times). Right so let’s start with the most fundamental thing about all these, Natural Energy. As it’s name sake points out, it’s a mythical force of energy the exists in the world around us. Normally it is impossible to sense or interact with it, but overtime shinobi has developed skills or naturally adept at sensing this existing force. That’s what you mentioned of course, Jugo and his clan’s Kekkai Genkai being the most prominent of this or the Curse Seals Orochimaru places on his test subjects. Natural Energy is a raw and savage energy, which means it’s actually a bit inferior to it’s brother, Senjutsu. Now when you mix chakra and Natural Energy together, it with a perfect balance, creates Senjutsu or Sage Arts. Now Sage Arts is the ninjutsu of weaponizing Natural Energy but this comes in various forms, as per mentioned. The true form of it comes from those who has trained in order to utilize the Senjutsu to physically enhance their bodies, nourishing it with the powerful force of energy. Once the balance of spiritual, physical and NE are mixed appropriately, the user is capable of attaining Sage Mode.

Sage Mode is normally learned in two ways, the first is through the Senjutsu Sages of one’s contract, such as Pa and Ma or the White Snake Sage from Ryuchi Cave or if your name is Hashirama and has BS Wood Release. These animals would then train the individual in the ways of Sage Mode. The most important aspect is first learning how to sense Senjutsu and feel it’s presence. Over time once you start to be able to detect it, you start to practice pulling the energy into your body. Methods will vary of course with how we seen Naruto drained with. And once you attain the perfect balance, you’re capable of utilizing Sage Mode and Senjutsu. Failing to balance it properly will lead you into turning into the animal of your contract briefly and if the Senjutsu isn’t remove, you’ll be turned to stone. While in Sage Mode, all you’re ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu are amplified – making all of them more powerful than before. The use can also weaponize Natural Energy in its raw form without needing chakra. Such cases would be when Naruto used Frog Kata in order to increase the range of his taijutsu, not needing to make physical contact in order to punch the path.

Senjutsu allows you to also make some pretty…unique techniques. Hashirama for instance can just whimsically call forth on these giant ass gates from the skies to fall and seal the Juubi. You can make some pretty nice customs with Sage Mode itself. Just be careful not to overdo it. Anyways, just a bit of cool stuff to mention before we get into the actual techniques. While in SM, all you’re ninjutsu loses their S&W, becoming Neutral to All. It’s one of the few fields that can counter Yin, Yang and Yin – Yang directly, making it a pretty viable choice. It grants animalistic anatomy, which we’ll go over next. SM is just overall one of my favorites, and I think there’s still a lot of room you can do with it.

Anyways, any questions or anything else interesting you’d like to mention before we begin?

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yea, meta question. Hashi's SM is honestly bullshit and I hate how it's just "he built different". I know there's more debate on what it actually is and I like the options of it either being Wood Sage Mode, Slug Sage Mode, or "Monk" Sage Mode (something potentially liked to Gift of the Hermit group and Six Paths chakra itself). What are your thoughts?

Now onto actually not silly questions
Can you explain the S&W more clearly?

I know the +20/30 boosts means my Fire Techs in Sage Mode are stronger than regular user's Fire Techs, but like, if I use Water Senjutsu against a regular Fire Jutsu, is it just doubly powered or like.

Is it just like, all techs have no strengths or weaknesses now and I calculate by adding the boost from SM?

And can my Senjutsu techs still hit Yin techs that are intangible and such? How do they work against Y/Y more clearly

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Yea, meta question. Hashi's SM is honestly bullshit and I hate how it's just "he built different". I know there's more debate on what it actually is and I like the options of it either being Wood Sage Mode, Slug Sage Mode, or "Monk" Sage Mode (something potentially liked to Gift of the Hermit group and Six Paths chakra itself). What are your thoughts?

Now onto actually not silly questions
Can you explain the S&W more clearly?

I know the +20/30 boosts means my Fire Techs in Sage Mode are stronger than regular user's Fire Techs, but like, if I use Water Senjutsu against a regular Fire Jutsu, is it just doubly powered or like.

Is it just like, all techs have no strengths or weaknesses now and I calculate by adding the boost from SM?

And can my Senjutsu techs still hit Yin techs that are intangible and such? How do they work against Y/Y more clearly
Honestly I think the PSM of other contracts are vastly better in terms of versatile nature. They add a little bit of extra into the SM that naturally WSM wouldn’t have. The only thing WSM has that makes it unique in a sense is that its not tied to an animal contract, but also because you can still use ninjutsu while gathering Senjutsu, though of course limited to A Ranks. However that’s just a niche really, I do believe the more personalized PSM can have a lot more benefits. I’ll show you my personal PSM CJ afterwards just to show what I mean.

As for your question; SM makes all ninjutsu you utilize become neutral in S/W. So your water release would actually lose its strengths against fire but of course with the dmg increase it still would be superior as long as the damage outweighs the opposing fire. And yes; though I suppose it depends on the technique in question. Most intangible techniques just allows it to phase through physical objects, but I do believe Senjutsu would allow for it to be interacted with. Its really gonna be a case by case thing depending on the actual technique being used Id say.

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly I think the PSM of other contracts are vastly better in terms of versatile nature. They add a little bit of extra into the SM that naturally WSM wouldn’t have. The only thing WSM has that makes it unique in a sense is that its not tied to an animal contract, but also because you can still use ninjutsu while gathering Senjutsu, though of course limited to A Ranks. However that’s just a niche really, I do believe the more personalized PSM can have a lot more benefits. I’ll show you my personal PSM CJ afterwards just to show what I mean.

As for your question; SM makes all ninjutsu you utilize become neutral in S/W. So your water release would actually lose its strengths against fire but of course with the dmg increase it still would be superior as long as the damage outweighs the opposing fire. And yes; though I suppose it depends on the technique in question. Most intangible techniques just allows it to phase through physical objects, but I do believe Senjutsu would allow for it to be interacted with. Its really gonna be a case by case thing depending on the actual technique being used Id say.
Yea I think so too, I'll be happy to see those PSM CJ

And okay, so S/W both go away. C-Rank Senjutsu Earth equals C-Rank Regular Lightning and also B-Rank Senjutsu Water equals B-Rank Regular Fire. But the +20/30 Damage Boosts make them superior after

If that's correct, no further questions and we can move on. Imma take down Yang Gang

Last edited:

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Yes that's correct, so let's carry on into the techniques.

( Fukanzen Sennin Modo ) - Imperfect Sage Mode
Type: Mode
Range: N/a
Chakra: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage: N/A (Active +20 Damage to all Ninjutsu and Taijutsu up to S-Rank)
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is able to reduce 20 damage from damage for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced by x2. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +20. Additionally, Genjutsu cast by the user are empowered requiring the opponent to use Genjutsu release, of one rank higher than what is normally required (Effective on Genjutsu up to B rank). Lastly, the user gains access to contract-specific anatomical features and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable twice per battle . Must wait 2 turns before using this technique again. Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes.
Note: Imperfect Sages can convert a maximum of 30% of their total chakra reserve. Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.

This is the RP's universal ISM canon that can be used with any contract, be it custom or canon. Anything you'd like to ask or add about it?

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes that's correct, so let's carry on into the techniques.

( Fukanzen Sennin Modo ) - Imperfect Sage Mode
Chakra: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage: N/A (Active +20 Damage to all Ninjutsu and Taijutsu up to S-Rank)
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is able to reduce 20 damage from damage for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced by x2. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +20. Additionally, Genjutsu cast by the user are empowered requiring the opponent to use Genjutsu release, of one rank higher than what is normally required (Effective on Genjutsu up to B rank). Lastly, the user gains access to contract-specific anatomical features and other physical feats granted by Sage mode.
Note: Usable twice per battle . Must wait 2 turns before using this technique again. Perfect Sages can use either perfect or imperfect form thrice with a delay of 1 turn between modes.
Note: Imperfect Sages can convert a maximum of 30% of their total chakra reserve. Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve.

This is the RP's universal ISM canon that can be used with any contract, be it custom or canon. Anything you'd like to ask or add about it?
Let me see if I got it

No moving, 10% chakra molded per turn and only 30% for this level so 3 turns. After the first turn I can stop and I'm automatically in SM. Natural -20 damage buff, cool. Sensing and such increased and I think Speed Chart has ISM speed increase too. And Genjutsu I use on opponents are "stronger" cool.

No questions here really

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
( Kanpekinanin Monkī Sennin Modo ) - Perfect Monkey Sage Mode
Chakra cost: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage Points: Active +40 Damage to all Taijutsu up to S-Rank
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is resistant to damage, reducing 30 damage from all techniques and can heal (for 15 damage per turn), for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced. Their strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +40. Additionally, the user is able to break out of Genjutsu, using Genjutsu release technique one rank lower than what he would normally be required to. And similarly, the requirement to break out of user’s Genjutsu using Release or Chakra surge is one rank higher than required. Lastly, the user gains access to monkey anatomy, gaining fur skin and a functional tail.
Note: Usable thrice per battle by Perfect Sages only. Must wait 1 turn before using this technique again. Once per battle, the user is able to instantly activate Sage mode, with 10% of their maximum chakra reserve as Senjutsu Chakra.
Note: Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve

( Kanpekinanin Kame Sennin Modo ) - Perfect Turtle Sage Mode
Chakra cost: N/A ( -10 turn to sustain )
Damage Points: Active +30 Damage to all Ninjutsu and Taijutsu up to S-Rank
Description: An empowered state of body achieved by blending natural energy with one’s physical and spiritual energy. The mode heightens performance on all levels by adding a new dimension of power to the user’s chakra. The state is a direct result of Senjutsu chakra circulating through the body. To enter this form, a minimum of 10% of the user’s maximum chakra reserve must be moulded into Senjutsu chakra, all subsequent technique employ Senjutsu chakra until the minimum cost (-10/turn) cannot be paid to sustain the mode. The user is more resistant to damage, reducing 30 damage from all techniques aimed at the user's abdomen and can heal (for 15 damage per turn), for the duration of this technique. The user is able to passively sense chakra and his/her perception and reflexes are enhanced. Their ninjutsu and strength increases, empowering taijutsu and other close range physical combat techniques by +30. Additionally, the user is able to break out of Genjutsu, using Genjutsu release technique one rank lower than what he would normally be required to. And similarly, the requirement to break out of user’s Genjutsu using Release or Chakra surge is one rank higher than required. Lastly, the user gains access to turtle anatomy, gaining a shell upon their back capable of reducing 60 damage from an attack.
Note: Usable thrice per battle by Perfect Sages only. Must wait 1 turn before using this technique again. Once per battle, the user is able to instantly activate Sage mode, with 10% of their maximum chakra reserve as Senjutsu Chakra.
Note: Perfect Sages can convert a maximum of 40% of their total chakra reserve

Alright, then let's continue with the PSM's you came to learn. Talk to me about them.

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So depending on which is on my bio, the imperfect Sage mode Tech will take on the characteristics listed in these techs

So a lot is same as Imperfect, but instead it can be 40% so 4 turns. Then, the buff goes from 20 to 30, but only on the abdomen? Is that the same as Imperfect? There’s an additional healing per turn which is awesome. Sensing is upped and so is speed. Now here’s the annoying bit. While Tai gets a massive +40 boost, Nin doesn’t get any boost… (even though the weaker stage Imperfect Sage Mode has Nin boost) Gen is also boosted by letting me break out a rank lower (not available with Imperfect I guess) and it actually requiring a rank up for opponents when I use it.

For Turtle, same as above for everything except Nin and Tai is +30 and the turtle shell grants 60 defense but only on the back. Downside would be if you turn around to tank a hit, you’re facing the wrong way against the opponent now.

So does that turtle shell -60 damage occur in Imperfect Sage Mode?

If I don’t want the anatomical changes, can I choose not to add it? Is my tail prehensile?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Well the characteristics listed on the PSM like the turtle shell while it might be in ISM, it wouldn’t have the same damage reduction. That’s mostly to show the who “I have better control” over SM type of thing. It’s weird but yea haha. Not sure what you mean by “only on the abdomen” part tbh. Anyways, whatever is written in the PSM technique is strictly only available in the PSM and not in ISM. That’s how its treated. And well…not really no, the changes you undergo while in PSM that is listed will always happen. The only exception to this is like Toad SM which we see don’t really change much of the user’s physical features outside of pigment near the eyes and the eye change. The tail is prehensile yes, hence why it says a “functioning” tail lol. Also turning your back to shave the damage isn't so bad considering you can still track them with chakra sensory lol.

I also should note this on how you gather NE. So let’s start with this; I’ll use Mirabelle for example. Her max chakra is 2250, which means that in turn one she’ll gather 250, turn 2 500, turn 3 750 etc. Do note that the 750 is taken from your current chakra pool, so if you have 1000 chakra at the time, 750 of that will be converted into Sage Chakra. Understood?

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Noted on all anatomical stuff

Got it, so if my max is 3000, I’ll always be gathering 300 per turn and get up to 1,200 Sage chakra. At anytime that’ll be the max I can have of Sage chakra rigjt

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Hmmm I believe so yes, I don't think you can max out past that unless you have some kind of tool to produce more. Well, if nothing else is needed - this would be the end of your SM training friend.

Reactions: Kai NB