The Sage's very existence irks me

486 posts 31 reactions
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
486
Reaction score
31
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Hear me out, I know I'm making a lot of posts about this, but I'm seriously pissed beyond belief about this.

The Sage of 6 Paths was supposed to be a legend. When he was first introduced as a concept, he was really only there to be the myth that everyone was afraid of. I interpreted it as something that Pain believed in to justify his actions, and that other believed in to make them scared of the Rinnegan. I honestly never thought that the Sage actually existed. He, like most other myths, was supposed to be the sum of a lot of different people's actions into one man. That's what most famous leaders in hisotry and religious figures really were.

Him existing completely invalidates so much that happened before, especially everything that was so amazing about the Pein arc. It just infuriates me. I mean this is edo-tensei level shitting on the past.
 

NarutoB

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
9,383 posts 758 reactions
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
9,383
Reaction score
758
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
What's the point of making two of these?
 

Matt

Legendary
12,200 posts 243 reactions
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
12,200
Reaction score
243
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
how is it shit its probably the best thing watch pain arc over again Nagato states he was real and was a decendant of him so how is it bs
 

Mr Freeze

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,596 posts 83 reactions
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
83
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Blame Madara for trying to kill sasuke and naruto, if he didn't do that we wouldn't have seen him
 

Multiply

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
12,839 posts 1,034 reactions
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
12,839
Reaction score
1,034
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
We knew he was real since the introduction of the rinnegan. Where have you been?
 

Dr Doom

Banned
Regular
826 posts 98 reactions
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
826
Reaction score
98
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Why you keep picking on the Sage? Lmao he ain't bothering nobody. Just giving out free power ups that's all.
 
486 posts 31 reactions
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
486
Reaction score
31
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
We knew he was real since the introduction of the rinnegan. Where have you been?

No we didn't. He was still a legend at that point. Like Zeus explained the lightning, the Sage explained the Rinnegan. He only 'explained' it, but in reality history played out much differently. That's how it was portrayed.
 
486 posts 31 reactions
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
486
Reaction score
31
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
You couldn't put both of them in one thread?

Honestly, didn't think of this one until I saw a gif of the Sage's silhouette after I posted the first one. Otherwise I would have.
 
486 posts 31 reactions
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
486
Reaction score
31
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Why you keep picking on the Sage? Lmao he ain't bothering nobody. Just giving out free power ups that's all.

Because he's a bad element in a story that used to be good. Literary critique is how fiction quality improves overall. It's why we don't have shitty greek plays anymore.
 

The Necromancer

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
18,138 posts 2,096 reactions
Joined
Apr 16, 2012
Messages
18,138
Reaction score
2,096
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
No we didn't. He was still a legend at that point. Like Zeus explained the lightning, the Sage explained the Rinnegan. He only 'explained' it, but in reality history played out much differently. That's how it was portrayed.

Except that there was a stone tablet written by him detailing every event of his life and how to achieve his goals and use his power.

While I know you're going to compare this to a holy text of today, it's really much more, as the stone tablet is made with quantifiable evidence with the ability to be recreated and proven true.

I can tell you're going to become the SSJ of Hagoromo hate. I may have to bust out the negs in due time.
 

Multiply

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
12,839 posts 1,034 reactions
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
12,839
Reaction score
1,034
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
No we didn't. He was still a legend at that point. Like Zeus explained the lightning, the Sage explained the Rinnegan. He only 'explained' it, but in reality history played out much differently. That's how it was portrayed.
You've read way too much Greek mythology my friend. When the rinnegan was shown, Kishi flat out said through characters that it was the eye of the sage if six paths. That doesn't mean Kishi has to show the guys' entire backstory for the rinnegan to be valid. It literally means, the sage has these eyes.
 

Dr Doom

Banned
Regular
826 posts 98 reactions
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
826
Reaction score
98
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Hmmm....I see.
 

Nebula

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
5,134 posts 166 reactions
Joined
Mar 10, 2014
Messages
5,134
Reaction score
166
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I saw it coming since part one naruto.
Want a link to my theory?
 

Kazi23

Member
183 posts 14 reactions
Joined
Jul 15, 2011
Messages
183
Reaction score
14
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Just go to sleep!
 
Top