Mellanoma

Elite
Kin
38💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean these shinobi are 12 years old with multiple affinities AND sage mode.

They must be pushing for Bleach levels by the end of the series.

Thoughts?

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree, and those skills are pulled from out of thin air, it's one of the reasons I had a heavy dislike of certain characters. Now forget about using your brain and enjoy the BORUTO GREATNESS!!!

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean these shinobi are 12 years old with multiple affinities AND sage mode.

They must be pushing for Bleach levels by the end of the series.

Thoughts?
I disagree. If anything, Kishimoto placed way too many limits on the power levels in the NV long before Boruto came to be. The Boruto series is just finally starting to remove some of those stupid limits, and to make things makes some sense.

On another note:

Why is it that everybody is just determined to have the level of the NV be weak as crap? People are fine with DB or Bleach power levels raising, but if the NV wants to increase in power, everyone goes "boo hoo!!".

I don't care if you say that the series was supposed to be about "ninjas". If you've seen any shounen anime, then you should have known from day 1 that they wouldn't remain these weak little people throwing kunai from the bushes!

Mellanoma

Elite
Kin
38💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I disagree. If anything, Kishimoto placed way too many limits on the power levels in the NV long before Boruto came to be. The Boruto series is just finally starting to remove some of those stupid limits, and to make things makes some sense.

On another note:

Why is it that everybody is just determined to have the level of the NV be weak as crap? People are fine with DB or Bleach power levels raising, but if the NV wants to increase in power, everyone goes "boo hoo!!".

I don't care if you say that the series was supposed to be about "ninjas". If you've seen any shounen anime, then you should have known from day 1 that they wouldn't remain these weak little people throwing kunai from the bushes!
Yes because a 12 year old defeating an Otsutuki is considered restrictions....

The whole concept behind being a shinobi is learning to grow and develope. You actually SEE the development of most characters in the series.

Most jounins required YEARS to learn multiple affinities
Minato took 4 years to create Rasengan

Boruto learned it in a day + Nature affinity aiblities with little to no training, sharingan or practice it seems.

The whole concept of Chakra manipulation,control and nature changing is non existent in Boruto. People can just create abilities / jutsu types on the fly.

Last edited:

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes because a 12 year old defeating an Otsutuki is considered restrictions....

The whole concept behind being a shinobi is learning to grow and develope. You actually SEE the development of most characters in the series.

Most jounins required YEARS to learn multiple affinities
Minato took 4 years to create Rasengan

Boruto learned it in a day + Nature affinity aiblities with little to no training, sharingan or practice it seems.

The whole concept of Chakra manipulation,control and nature changing is non existent in Boruto. People can just create abilities / jutsu types on the fly.

For starters, it was basically Naruto and Sasuke that defeated Momoshiki. Boruto was just the one holding the rasengan. Whenever people bring up that point about Boruto defeating Momoshiki, they always seem to act as if Boruto went in there and soloed Momoshiki all on his own.

@bold: That's an example of one of the stupid restrictions/nerfs that I am talking about. Why should it take so many years to learn simple elemental ninjutsu when all you need are hand seals and enough chakara? Seriously: The whole shinobi alliance learned how to do a doton wall in seconds, just by having that iwa ninja tell them the seals telepathically over Ino's bond.

Sasuke and Itachi both learned katon at the age of 6 or so, just by being taught the seals by their dad (and neither of them had their sharingan at the time)!

It's easy. Why then, should it take jounin all these years to learn basic elemental techniques? Why should it be so hard for Boruto and friends?

About Minato taking 3 years to create rasengan, and never being able to add nature to it:

I have come to the conclusion that despite inventing it, Minato just simply sucked at rasengan! He just sucked at it!

Naruto easily added nature to the rasengan using a very simple solution (even if it did take years worth of shadow clones).
The Boruto anime shows that Konohamaru at some point added nature to the rasengan as well.
Boruto did it subconsciously.

Why Minato couldn't do it is beyond me.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For starters, it was basically Naruto and Sasuke that defeated Momoshiki. Boruto was just the one holding the rasengan. Whenever people bring up that point about Boruto defeating Momoshiki, they always seem to act as if Boruto went in there and soloed Momoshiki all on his own.

@bold: That's an example of one of the stupid restrictions/nerfs that I am talking about. Why should it take so many years to learn simple elemental ninjutsu when all you need are hand seals and enough chakara? Seriously: The whole shinobi alliance learned how to do a doton wall in seconds, just by having that iwa ninja tell them the seals telepathically over Ino's bond.

Sasuke and Itachi both learned katon at the age of 6 or so, just by being taught the seals by their dad (and neither of them had their sharingan at the time)!

It's easy. Why then, should it take jounin all these years to learn basic elemental techniques? Why should it be so hard for Boruto and friends?

About Minato taking 3 years to create rasengan, and never being able to add nature to it:

I have come to the conclusion that despite inventing it, Minato just simply sucked at rasengan! He just sucked at it!

Naruto easily added nature to the rasengan using a very simple solution (even if it did take years worth of shadow clones).
The Boruto anime shows that Konohamaru at some point added nature to the rasengan as well.
Boruto did it subconsciously.

Why Minato couldn't do it is beyond me.
Ohh Konohamaru did that? From the gifs at the time, i gathered he used a ninja tech. Not bad. But then imo, it wouldn't have looked good after seeing the new variations of rasengans toward the end of the Naruto series for them to revert back to the basic one. Even the rasengan Naruto gave Bolt to finish off Momo had a yellowish/golden aura in it.

Pappasaur

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

On another note:

My issue with it is the “weak” power levels have naruto a unique feel. It wasn’t like dragonball where everyone is a god and they can blow up planets with a snap of their fingers and if you had more power then you just win and that’s it. In naruto it felt more tame, and while obviously still a fiction it felt more realistic when about the strongest you could get was a city buster level move and even if your opponent WAS overwhelmingly powerful, there was still a way to beat them if you could outsmart them. It felt more strategic and earned when someone strong was defeated and the way boruto is going I’m worried it’s just gonna be flashy and big battles from now on and lose one of the biggest reasons I ever liked naruto in the first place