Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Best's Sage Mode Training

It's been many years since Jiraiya had trained anyone in sage mode, to think the last person was probably Gobi or Wesobi, and even those two were getting old now. To think how the years had passed and what had Jiraiya done in those years? Traveled, perved, nothing too impressive. He now stands at the gates of Konoha making the last few notes for his next book as he waits for his latest students. This would take some time but it would help bring about a brighter future.

Now where could that kid be?

Jiraiya waits patiently for what feels like hours when really its only been 5 minutes. He decides to walk over and sit down by a tree and to take a nap until his newest student arrives.

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

It was a fine sunny day. Minato was about to start his sage mode training with his mentor and sensei, the legendary sannin, Jiraiya! However he couldn't resist to finish the book Jiraiya gave him, Suiting up in his regular jounin attire, Minato quickly runs towards the training grounds just to see Jiraiya already waiting for him.

*Of all the days, he arrived early today*

Minato then runs and rushes towards Jiraiya and takes several fast gasps. Minato lends his hand towards Jiraiya with the book he gave in his hand.

"Forgive me Sensei. Your book was too gud to stop reading. Let's begin the training now..."

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It was a fine sunny day. Minato was about to start his sage mode training with his mentor and sensei, the legendary sannin, Jiraiya! However he couldn't resist to finish the book Jiraiya gave him, Suiting up in his regular jounin attire, Minato quickly runs towards the training grounds just to see Jiraiya already waiting for him.

*Of all the days, he arrived early today*

Minato then runs and rushes towards Jiraiya and takes several fast gasps. Minato lends his hand towards Jiraiya with the book he gave in his hand.

"Forgive me Sensei. Your book was too gud to stop reading. Let's begin the training now..."
Jiraiya wakes suddenly sitting up in a panic headbutting Minato who was leaning over to show him the book.

Ah dammit.... that hurt.... oh minato.... you finished it? What did you think? ... Wait never mind that, we need to get going before it gets dark. Are you ready?

Jiraiya stands up attaching the toad scroll to his back as usual ready to leave.

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Jiraiya wakes suddenly sitting up in a panic headbutting Minato who was leaning over to show him the book.

Ah dammit.... that hurt.... oh minato.... you finished it? What did you think? ... Wait never mind that, we need to get going before it gets dark. Are you ready?

Jiraiya stands up attaching the toad scroll to his back as usual ready to leave.
With a simple nod, Minato signals Jiraiya that he is ready to take the harsh training he is going to undertake in order to achieve control over Natural energy!

"Can't wait to begin, Jiraiya sensei"

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With a simple nod, Minato signals Jiraiya that he is ready to take the harsh training he is going to undertake in order to achieve control over Natural energy!

"Can't wait to begin, Jiraiya sensei"
From here we have a 3 day journey to reach our destination. We are heading to the village of the toads, Mount Myoboku, you will never find it unless you've been there and if you lose me you'll never find your way back. Normally we can be reverse summoned there but as you've never been it's a bit more difficult and you need to know for the next generation, i wont be around forever. So lets go, don't fall behind.

And with that Jiraiya set off running down the path leading the way to the great toad village.

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
From here we have a 3 day journey to reach our destination. We are heading to the village of the toads, Mount Myoboku, you will never find it unless you've been there and if you lose me you'll never find your way back. Normally we can be reverse summoned there but as you've never been it's a bit more difficult and you need to know for the next generation, i wont be around forever. So lets go, don't fall behind.

And with that Jiraiya set off running down the path leading the way to the great toad village.
Getting all excited and all, Minato continues to follow Jiraiya sensei in his destination to Mount Myoboku. The place of the great toads .

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Getting all excited and all, Minato continues to follow Jiraiya sensei in his destination to Mount Myoboku. The place of the great toads .
And so the journey to become a great Sage for Minato had begun. Along with Jiraiya they traveled for three whole days. Each night stopping to eat and sleep and Jiraiya would tell tales of the village. Along the way the weather turned on the second day, pouring rain the likes you'd never see, howling wind strong enough to blow trees over with thunder echoing like the anger of the gods. But they kept going, up into the hidden mountain pass. The pass was steep and dangerous but there was no other way. It was a test in itself, if you couldn't endure the path to the village you'd never endure the path to becoming a sage. It would also help build your strength and physical energy along the way which is needed for sage mode.

On the eve of the third day, Master and student finally arrived, both filthy, exhausted and starving, but they had made it, they were at the great toad village.

Welcome, to the village of the toads, one of the most sacred places you will ever visit.

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Getting lost track of path and time, Minato finally finds his way to Mount Myobokuzan, The legendary village of toads. Pretty excited to learn the sage mode and stuff, Minato approached the patiently waiting Jiraiya sensei!

"Ahem, My apologies I took some time to get here. Duty calls."

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Getting lost track of path and time, Minato finally finds his way to Mount Myobokuzan, The legendary village of toads. Pretty excited to learn the sage mode and stuff, Minato approached the patiently waiting Jiraiya sensei!

"Ahem, My apologies I took some time to get here. Duty calls."
Understable. So lets start by you telling me what you've heard about sage mode?

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sage mode or preferably called as Sennin mode is a powerful state in which once harnesses the natural energy around him and mixes it with his own chakra to create the powerful senjutsu chakra. This process of creating the senjutsu chakra is pretty difficult hence the user has to undergo a harsh training in order to get used to it. Senjutsu chakra is basically used to empower the existing techniques of the user by adding it to the techniques.

Sennin mode also grants the user a increase in speed and reflexes coupled with sensing capabilities. There area three forms of sage mode which are Toad sage mode taught in Mount Myoboku, Snake sage mode taught in Ryuchi caves and then the Wood sage mode which is only practiced by Senju Hashirama!

Whilst the sage mode is highly beneficial, they are limited to a certain amount of time hence they have to be used with care during battles. While entering sage mode, there will be a noticeable change in the appearance of an individual like markings around the eyes etc.

Well that's all for now.. Looking forward to learn more from you, Jiraiya sensei!

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya comes walking up to a little house entering and sitting waiting for Minato. Too tired to speak he falls on a leaf and goes straight to sleep for a solid 18 hours. After having woken up he invites minato to come and eat him with him so that he can explain why they are hear and go through the theory of the true power behind sage mode. Jiraiya being as smart as he was, brought some instant cups of ramen with him that he heated with his fire chakra, as there was no way he was eating Ma's food again. After having their fill, Jiraiya pulled out a bottle of sake and poured a cup for each of them making a toast to the Way of the Sage. Finally having had their fill and relaxed and a catch up Jiraiya leans forwards with a look on his face to show he was ready to be serious.

It's been a while since your toad arts training, you may have mastered the element of summoning toads, but mastering sage mode is a while new story. Each user of the years that has learnt sage mode has taken it and used it the way that suits them. There is the over all generic way of enhancing your taijutsu and speed for deadly attacks.

As jiraiya says this he places a picture on the table with the sake as an example of how sage mode can be used for a taijutsu focus.

As you can see, with the right control you can even use it to catch the best of ninja off guard. Don't ever underestimate the power behind a sage attack. Next is the power to use that sage chakra and extend it around your body in shapes or forms to increase your power. You may think this can only be done through taijutsu like so:

Jiraiya places another picture on the table of his god son Naruto.

Heh, that kid of yours, he taught me a few things over the years. Anyway, back to what i was saying, though it's possible to extend the sage chakra around your body for hidden attacks you can also control and hide this chakra in ninju form. For example, making a shield out of it, shooting projectiles of sage chakra ect. You may think this is a typical attack but it all comes down to the most deadly part of sage mode, only those that have mastered it can see these attacks, and not only that, just because they can see it it doesn't mean they can defend from it.

Now last but not least is enhancing other jutsu through the use of sage mode. I personally mastered this art and made my own ninjutsu to allow me to enhance any jutsu to become a sage jutsu. In doing so you increase their size power or general propperties, for example. Let me show you as i do it.

Jiraiya gets up and walks outside into the main training grounds and does a few stretches. He stands still for a few seconds focussing drawing in sage chakra and entering sage mode. It being alot easier here due to the purity of nature.

We will go through the steps of entering sage mode, but first lets go through why you SHOULD enter sage mode. First of all i'll use my best example, the rasengan

Jiraiya holds out his hand releasing visible chakra out of his palm that rotates in the shape of a ball forming a rasengan within a couple of seconds.

This was the jutsu you never never managed to finish but i've added my own touch. I'm sure you mastered it by now. Next is the adding power to a jutsu, so i'll just release my sage chakra into it...

As he says this he releases a surge of sage chakra into his rasengan increasing is size and power to that of an Oodama rasengan.

By just adding a bit of sage chakra i've doubled the size and power of the already strong jutsu. But now you're thinking it's back to the taijutsu part, you're wrong.

Jiraiya releases another surge of chakra into the rasengan and throws it at a nearby boulder, it hits the boulder destroying it with ease smashing through it into the next one travelling at high speeds. As he throws it he turns back to Minato.

As you can see, you can use the sage arts to alter your jutsu to suit your needs. Now here is the scroll to explain the jutsu i just used. Do you have any questions so far.

~Jutsu ~

(Rasengan) - Spiral Sphere
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: Rasengan was a Ninjutsu technique developed over the span of three years by the Fourth Hokage, Namikaze Minato. The technique was taught to his sensei, Jiraiya, who then passed it on to Minato's young son, Naruto, years later. The technique is unlike many other jutsu in that it does not require any hand seals. It just relied on the ninja's ability to mold chakra. The ninja concentrates a contained, fast, rotating sphere of chakra in the palm of their hand, which can create a destructive impact.

(Senning Iyoku ) - Sage's Will
Type: Attack/defence
Range: Short to Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: +1 rank
Description: The user will focus their sage chakra as they perform a jutsu that isn't a sage jutsu. As they do so, they will gather their sage chakra (natural energy) and combine it with the jutsu they are using as they release it. In doing so, they will increate the power and size of the jutsu making it a sage jutsu. This increase will be enough to increase original attack by one rank.. This takes it's toll on the sage user as it draining a potion of their sage chakra reducing sage mode.

Note: Only works on A ranks and below
Note: Reduces sage mode by one turn
Note: Can only be used in sage mode/hawk mode
Note: Must have special permission from The Pervy Sage to use this

(Sennin: Pervy power) - Sage art: Ero Ryoku

Type: Attack/defence
Range: Short-Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: N/a
Description: This jutsu was specially designed after Naruto found he was able to throw the FRS by adding the sage chakra and shaping it. By using this technique and adding the sage chakra to the "Elemental Rasengan" (cannon S rank nin), the user is able to reshape it so that they are able to throw the elemental rasengan. This does not increase the power of the attack, just enables the user to throw the technique. Like the FRS, the elemantal rasengan will expand when the user wishes hitting everything within short range.

Note: Reduces sage/hawk mode by one turn
Note: Can only be used in sage mode/hawk mode
Note: Must have special permission from The Pervy Sage to use this

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After finishing the lunch with jiraiya sensei, Minato continues to walk with him to the training ground. As he always used to do, Minato keenly observes each and everything Jiraiya says..

"Hahaha...Looks like the father is slacking behind the son huh? sensei"

Minato said those words with a innocent smile in his face. He then starts to listen about the sage chakra and it's explanation by his sensei. Minato looked in an astonishing way as Jiraiya powered up his rasengan with Sage chakra.

"Awesome sensei! As expected from someone like you!. Can't wait to start learning sage modo from you sensei. As of now, I have no questions. We may proceed further with our training"

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I appreciate it's alot to take in and with all this comes more questions, but they should hopefully all be answered by the time we are done. Now enough of the potential. It's back to basics on how sage mode works. As you've learnt over the years you have your own life force your charka that you can control but this also exists in nature, plants, trees, grass and it's known as Natural energy. Sage mode is you drawing on this Natural energy combining it with your chakra to create an even more powerful chakra. Sage chakra. This is what i did before to take care of the warrior toad. There are many variants of Sage mode, all copies of the toad sage mode if you ask me. But lets not get into that. First you need to be able to feel this chakra, it's always there but i bet you never noticed it did you? Well that's where the toad village comes in. Follow me.

With that Jiraiya walked over to the fountain of he sacred oil stopping infront of it.

This is a special oil that is known to only the toads that when it touches you will help you feel and draw in the Natural energy. Sounds simple right? But if you move, draw in too much and don't balance it with your own chakra, you will turn to a stone toad statue and die. With great power comes great risk. I personal take on toad like features when using sage mode which as you saw before is worth it. I also have the help of ma and pa, they were the masters that taught me. But we shall go into their teachings later. You will sit, perfectly still here and i'll place a drop of the sage oil on you, when i do you will feel a surge of foreign chakra, control it, and match it with yours to balance it out in your body. If you fail at this you will die... are you sure you're ready?

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Minato follows Jiraiya sensei towards the inner of the toad village. As Jiraiya sensei explains to him about the training regarding sage training, Minato was hesitant at the beginning but his determination to learn sage mode made him loose the hesitation and start with the training.

Minato now folds his legs, crosses over one another and sits in a meditative position. As jiraiya sensei places a drop of toad oil on his head, Minato starts to feel the nature around him. Birds chirping, song of the wind, rustling of the leaves, the moisture in the air. He was able to feel everything. Minato was able to feel the natural energy around him. Rest assured, even if something goes wrong, Jiraiya sensei is there to take control of the situation.

[video=youtube;Z9B6HWxi14A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9B6HWxi14A[/video]

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato follows Jiraiya sensei towards the inner of the toad village. As Jiraiya sensei explains to him about the training regarding sage training, Minato was hesitant at the beginning but his determination to learn sage mode made him loose the hesitation and start with the training.

Minato now folds his legs, crosses over one another and sits in a meditative position. As jiraiya sensei places a drop of toad oil on his head, Minato starts to feel the nature around him. Birds chirping, song of the wind, rustling of the leaves, the moisture in the air. He was able to feel everything. Minato was able to feel the natural energy around him. Rest assured, even if something goes wrong, Jiraiya sensei is there to take control of the situation.

[video=youtube;Z9B6HWxi14A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9B6HWxi14A[/video]
And so began the hardest training that Minato would ever go through. Pa took over this slowly dropping the oil on him telling him to take control and balance. The first attempt was a disaster, thanks to Pa's quick reactions he hit the natural energy back out of Minato before it was too late. The next try wasn't much better. All the while Jiraiya watched unmoving seeing Minato's drive to keep going. Dust til dawn they continued only stopping to sleep and eat. And each day they made a little more progress. Jiraiya noticed over the course of 3 days where Minato was going wrong. Even his breathing was causing him to move too much.

Jiraiya took him to the stone spikes to the east of the village getting him to sit on the tablet on the point of the spike holding it still with his earth affinity, then began a new method. He told him to stay still or he would fall from the slightest movement, and so this went on for another two days. Each time Jiraiya would catch him with his hair jutsu but in the end he achieved it. The following day they returned to he toad fountain with pa.

Minato took the oil and remained so still. The energy flowed through him which Jiraiya could feel. His eyes turning red around the outside his strength growing, but his feet and nose took on toad like features as he entered the incomplete sage mode. Minato stood up as Pa asked him how he felt?

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
And so began the hardest training that Minato would ever go through. Pa took over this slowly dropping the oil on him telling him to take control and balance. The first attempt was a disaster, thanks to Pa's quick reactions he hit the natural energy back out of Minato before it was too late. The next try wasn't much better. All the while Jiraiya watched unmoving seeing Minato's drive to keep going. Dust til dawn they continued only stopping to sleep and eat. And each day they made a little more progress. Jiraiya noticed over the course of 3 days where Minato was going wrong. Even his breathing was causing him to move too much.

Jiraiya took him to the stone spikes to the east of the village getting him to sit on the tablet on the point of the spike holding it still with his earth affinity, then began a new method. He told him to stay still or he would fall from the slightest movement, and so this went on for another two days. Each time Jiraiya would catch him with his hair jutsu but in the end he achieved it. The following day they returned to he toad fountain with pa.

Minato took the oil and remained so still. The energy flowed through him which Jiraiya could feel. His eyes turning red around the outside his strength growing, but his feet and nose took on toad like features as he entered the incomplete sage mode. Minato stood up as Pa asked him how he felt?
Minato continued to proceed with the training. Whilst he was still gathering sage chakra, a hard blow was felt in his head. It was pa who knocked the natural energy that was about to turn Minato into a stone statue. Minato realized the mistake and started to proceed with caution from then on. Days passed and it was already 3 days since Minato has started to train to get into sage mode.

After the third day, Jiraiya took Minato to the stone spike at the east village and then commanded him to sit in a table rested on the point of a spike. Minato failed to balance at the tip several times, each time Jiraiya catching him with his hair. Minato started to get the training and started to balance himself at the tip of the rock.

Minato now started to adapt the training. He was able to gather sage chakra more efficiently. There was noticeable physical changes with Minato. His feet and nose took Toad appearence and there was orange patches around his eye. As Pa questioned him, Minato begun to answer..

"Elder Pa, The energy I am feeling is tremendous. I am able to sense things around me. My injuries are getting healed at a faster pace. I feel one with the nature..This is truly amazing"

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato continued to proceed with the training. Whilst he was still gathering sage chakra, a hard blow was felt in his head. It was pa who knocked the natural energy that was about to turn Minato into a stone statue. Minato realized the mistake and started to proceed with caution from then on. Days passed and it was already 3 days since Minato has started to train to get into sage mode.

After the third day, Jiraiya took Minato to the stone spike at the east village and then commanded him to sit in a table rested on the point of a spike. Minato failed to balance at the tip several times, each time Jiraiya catching him with his hair. Minato started to get the training and started to balance himself at the tip of the rock.

Minato now started to adapt the training. He was able to gather sage chakra more efficiently. There was noticeable physical changes with Minato. His feet and nose took Toad appearence and there was orange patches around his eye. As Pa questioned him, Minato begun to answer..

"Elder Pa, The energy I am feeling is tremendous. I am able to sense things around me. My injuries are getting healed at a faster pace. I feel one with the nature..This is truly amazing"

Right, let it all flow through your body, embrace that power and make it one with your body. This is sage mode, your are the sage. Once you accept this, get up and test out your new power, and explain to me what you feel and what's changed. If you have any questions let me know

-Best-

Legendary
Kin
1,213💸
Kumi
692💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As I maintain the sage mode now, I let it flow all over my body. Converting the sage chakra into a invisible force around me, I knock the nearby rock slighty missing it. As My hands pass by the sides of the rock, the invisible force beaks the huge rock into dust.

"This the Frog kumite I guess. Sensei, I feel power surging inside me. My wounds are healing. My senses are enhanced. I feel even more responsible right now as I need to control this power"

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As I maintain the sage mode now, I let it flow all over my body. Converting the sage chakra into a invisible force around me, I knock the nearby rock slighty missing it. As My hands pass by the sides of the rock, the invisible force beaks the huge rock into dust.

"This the Frog kumite I guess. Sensei, I feel power surging inside me. My wounds are healing. My senses are enhanced. I feel even more responsible right now as I need to control this power"
This will be all for the RP side of things, now we shall go to the theory point. Starting with you explaining to me about sage mode, how it works, benefits, drawbacks and how to enter it.