[Discussion] The one piece forum tagline...

Manicherryblossom33

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, I searched for a similar thread already and couldn't find one. So I apologize in advance for this if I'm breaking any rules! Please link me to said thread and I will request for a mod to delete this one.
Now, then. I've always wanted to say this. The narutobase tagline for the one piece section is awesome! "Restoring faith in humanity since 1997." :ls: So cooool. I do not care if it's true or not (though it will be nice if it is). I just like the sound of it.
That being said, I've noticed many themes that seem to reflect real-world issues either from our current time or history. This would be such a long, long thread if I were to list them all. But for arguments sake, here (some of them) are in a nutshell:
-the shandorians losing their home to the skypieans (like how the indians ultimately lost their home to outsiders who came to settle on their land)
-the tragic effects drought has on a desert kingdom (some researchers believe that a mega drought ended an egyptian kingdom; see source here: )
-there are also corrupt government officials, evil kings, tragedies that created terrible criminals which led to more tragedies (i.e. Fisher Tiger's death-->Arlong's ambition to take over East Blue-->Bellemere's murder and Nami's eight years of suffering.
-slavery and human trafficking are present in the story as well
But what makes me respect this series are the things that defy real-world logic. Such as a hero who overcomes these walls (even though he does not consider himself a hero). And the mind blowing will to live that many one piece characters have.
Now I have a question. Do you enjoy this tagline?
And to end it, a nice meme:
You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Lili-Chwan

Listz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't know what this thread was all about at first and haven't clicked it till now.
Yes, i feel the same way, in my own way. When i started to register here, i noticed there was a tagline for each series section of MAC Base, and without biased, One Piece had the best tagline there. Making me wonder if the one put it on was a fan of the series too ;)

Idk if it truly restores faith in humanity, but we fans can see there's an on-going effort towards world revolution. WG (Gorosei, specifically) must be questioned their suspicious acts all those times, while CD needed to be rechecked and punished for their impudent behaviours on poor citizens.

We have racism, betrayal, confidential scheme, anything that is a concern of humanity problems in One Piece, so to think that there's still hope in all that if we have the steady and firm ambition to change, like Luffy's, yes.

Restoring faith tagline is perfect.

Thank Caliburn for it. I am pretty sure he is the one who did that kusso marimo >_>
Seems like it :p