Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I use to listen to The Weeknd back in college, super heavy fan.

Listening years later, his music still sounds super true.

Anyone else use to listen to The weeknd before he became a big/huge mainstream artist in america? His mainstream music is still great these days, but his music back in the day...super depth.

[video=youtube;DLlPdmdQGig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLlPdmdQGig[/video]

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Yeah, Trilogy and Kiss Land are both amazing. Honestly though, I didn’t hate Starboy or BBtM. They’re both definitely different than the vibes you get from Trilogy/KL, but you can still see roots of old weeknd in some of the songs (Ordinary Life, Shameless, etc). Biggest question though is which mixtape from trilogy is your favorite :Sparks:

Edit: Professional and Adaptation (the transition into Love in the Sky !!!) are the best songs on KL imo

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, Trilogy and Kiss Land are both amazing. Honestly though, I didn’t hate Starboy or BBtM. They’re both definitely different than the vibes you get from Trilogy/KL, but you can still see roots of old weeknd in some of the songs (Ordinary Life, Shameless, etc). Biggest question though is which mixtape from trilogy is your favorite :Sparks:

Edit: Professional and Adaptation (the transition into Love in the Sky !!!) are the best songs on KL imo
Didn't like the trilogy as much as Kiss land(wasn't as good or sounded quite the same),but out of the trilogy I loved the song "House of balloons/Glass table". Kissland was actually what got me hooked to TheWeeknd. "Kiss land" was so much more "bigger".

I bought the whole album of Kiss land and was pretty much obsessed with it, lmao. That, kendrick lamar, sevyn streeter, childish gambino, and chance the rapper. I was a bit of music junkie.

Kendrick and Weeknd's music still sounds good, but the rest of the artists...ehhh.

Edit: Also "pretty" and "belong to the world" were also dope songs, too.Such a story.

Last edited:

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Glass table girls is still one of my favorite songs but you'd by lying to yourself if you didn't acknowledge "In the night" at his best song to date. Shit was like MJ reincarnated, while still being dark AF

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Didn't like the trilogy as much as Kiss land(wasn't as good or sounded quite the same),but out of the trilogy I loved the song "House of balloons/Glass table". Kissland was actually what got me hooked to TheWeeknd. "Kiss land" was so much more "bigger".

I bought the whole album of Kiss land and was pretty much obsessed with it, lmao. That, kendrick lamar, sevyn streeter, childish gambino, and chance the rapper. I was a bit of music junkie.

Kendrick and Weeknd's music still sounds good, but the rest of the artists...ehhh.

Edit: Also "pretty" and "belong to the world" were also dope songs, too.Such a story.
Yeah Trilogy definitely didn’t sound as polished as Kiss Land, production wise but he hadn’t been signed to a label yet and was just using older equipment. Plus, he was younger and still finding his sound. BUT, you can’t deny Trilogy had some GREAT songs (The Zone, XO/The Host, The Morning, Loft Music, Birds Part 1/2, etc). But yeah, I love Pretty as well as Belong to the World, whole album was flames. I like Gambino, Kendrick, and haven’t heard of sevyn yet (but I’ll check him out). Lately, I’ve been playing a lot of Frank Ocean. A lot of his music has deeper undertones and is culturally significant. You should check him out if you haven’t.

Glass table girls is still one of my favorite songs but you'd by lying to yourself if you didn't acknowledge "In the night" at his best song to date. Shit was like MJ reincarnated, while still being dark AF
Brooo his cover of Dirty Diana was soooo good. I still prefer the original, but at some points it really made me feel like MJ was putting a new spin on a classic.

Konno

Legendary
Kin
1,858💸
Kumi
1,498💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really like What You Need, The Morning, Can't Feel My Face, and many more by The Weeknd. Those songs bring back lots of memories for me.
Actually, almost every song by this artist speaks to me, they are masterpieces.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah Trilogy definitely didn’t sound as polished as Kiss Land, production wise but he hadn’t been signed to a label yet and was just using older equipment. Plus, he was younger and still finding his sound. BUT, you can’t deny Trilogy had some GREAT songs (The Zone, XO/The Host, The Morning, Loft Music, Birds Part 1/2, etc). But yeah, I love Pretty as well as Belong to the World, whole album was flames. I like Gambino, Kendrick, and haven’t heard of sevyn yet (but I’ll check him out). Lately, I’ve been playing a lot of Frank Ocean. A lot of his music has deeper undertones and is culturally significant. You should check him out if you haven’t.

Brooo his cover of Dirty Diana was soooo good. I still prefer the original, but at some points it really made me feel like MJ was putting a new spin on a classic.
Heard those songs on trilogy, but I guess they weren't worth mentioning.

What do you mean "culturally significant"?Lmao, what's that suppose to mean?

Frank ocean is garbage. I liked tyler the creator better.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really like What You Need, The Morning, Can't Feel My Face, and many more by The Weeknd. Those songs bring back lots of memories for me.
Actually, almost every song by this artist speaks to me, they are masterpieces.
Oh my god...you're an actual person!

We may not agree on everything, which we don't need to, but your the first person who's comment I've ever liked.

Konno

Legendary
Kin
1,858💸
Kumi
1,498💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh my god...you're an actual person!

We may not agree on everything, which we don't need to, but your the first person who's comment I've ever liked.
I was surprised to see Like by you, to tell the truth. Thank you.
Yes, I'm a real person, have you thought anything else.
Not agreeing on several issues and getting into small arguments make the life worth thinking about it and the minds working; so yeah, it's not a bad thing after all.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was surprised to see Like by you, to tell the truth. Thank you.
Please don't insult me, we were onto a good start. Don't be like the others. But yes, you should be surprised, for the simple fact that I never like anyone's comments. Do not go that route with me, please.
Yes, I'm a real person, have you thought anything else.
When I first met you, you did seem like an "actual" person.
Not agreeing on several issues and getting into small arguments make the life worth thinking about it and the minds working; so yeah, it's not a bad thing after all.
Or just simply having different views and not taking anything personal. I actually EXPECT people to go through some kind of ego collapse and start hurling insults at me, lmao. Sometimes people don't...

Konno

Legendary
Kin
1,858💸
Kumi
1,498💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Please don't insult me, we were onto a good start. Don't be like the others. But yes, you should be surprised, for the simple fact that I never like anyone's comments. Do not go that route with me, please.

When I first met you, you did seem like an "actual" person.

Or just simply having different views and not taking anything personal. I actually EXPECT people to go through some kind of ego collapse and start hurling insults at me, lmao. Sometimes people don't...
I understand you, I'm not gonna do that anymore.
I do have some opinions on subjects, I've lived and had some unforgettable life experiences, not that anyone will be interested in my opinions.
Why take things personally, especially on online forum? Don't people have a common sense?

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I understand you, I'm not gonna do that anymore.
I do have some opinions on subjects, I've lived and had some unforgettable life experiences, not that anyone will be interested in my opinions.
Why take things personally, especially on online forum? Don't people have a common sense?
No pressure.

People will take things personally, because they're incredibly insecure. And no, common sense ain't so common anymore.