Shadou

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Since my thread was deleted for no apparent reason, I'll re-post it here.

"In an interview with CNET, Marc Whitten, the chief product officer for Xbox, said the company has "no plans" to lower the $499 price tag for the console, even though Sony's rival PlayStation 4 will debut at $399.

What's more, Microsoft has no plans to change its decision for the Kinect to be on by default, something some users worry might be creepy.

Microsoft says it thinks the Kinect is too central to the Xbox One experience, and the way that developers are creating games, to change the way it works.

"It's part of the Xbox One architecture," Whitten said."

NarutoSSj2

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rumour: Microsoft to announce Xbox One self-publishing at Build
Microsoft might be playing a little catch-up to Sony’s effort in helping indie-devs self-publish on its platform, if rumour is to be believed.

You must be registered for see images

As noted on NeoGaf, Microsoft may be about to announce a self-publishing system for indies at its Build Developer Conference on Wednesday.

There are some interesting tweets from Notch, Supernnauation and others, suggesting something may be about to happen as regards making Xbox One more indie-friendly.

If true, Microsoft may be taking note of general calls to diversify Xbox One’s content.

The talk comes after Microsoft u-turned on a ton of Xbox One DRM policies and dropped the need for the console to make an online check-in every 24 hours.

PositiveEmotions

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Xbox One Game DVR records footage at 720p, 30 fps
The Xbox One's Game DVR, the feature through which the console records game footage, is limited to 720p resolution at 30 frames per second, said Microsoft's Marc Whitten in an interview with IGN.

"Game DVR captures beautiful clips at 720p 30 [frames per second]," said Whitten, chief platform architect for Xbox One, when asked what kind of footage the Xbox One would record from Forza Motorsport 5. Developer Turn 10 Studios told Polygon during E3 that the game will run in 1080p at 60 frames per second.

"Your clips are stored in the cloud," said Whitten. "You'll be able to see these clips in the Xbox One Guide, in your own game DVR collection and when you are looking at gamercards on the system."

Microsoft representatives confirmed to Polygon in May that the Xbox One supports resolutions as high as 4K — which is quadruple the resolution of 1080p — for games and other content. But regardless of a game's native resolution, clips recorded by Game DVR will come in at 720p at 30 frames per second.

Kakashi Hatakeo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah it sucks for many of the top reasons you listed now I love the Xbox 360 its brilliant I spend sbhit loads on it I own like 150 games I have purchased it 3 times but the Xbox one is a dissapointment and a failure

konoha Sev7n

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm planning to get Xbox One with 1tb storage thing to play Halo 5... < along with it xbox one elite controller...

i didn't like the ps3 when it came out so i went with xbox 360 instead..

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Since my thread was deleted for no apparent reason, I'll re-post it here.

"In an interview with CNET, Marc Whitten, the chief product officer for Xbox, said the company has "no plans" to lower the $499 price tag for the console, even though Sony's rival PlayStation 4 will debut at $399.

What's more, Microsoft has no plans to change its decision for the Kinect to be on by default, something some users worry might be creepy.

Microsoft says it thinks the Kinect is too central to the Xbox One experience, and the way that developers are creating games, to change the way it works.

"It's part of the Xbox One architecture," Whitten said."
Damn MS sure changed a lot since 2013 lol.