Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So have you ever thought of who Arima really is? I mean as a person? To me, he's one of the biggest mysteries of Tokyo Ghoul. Some of my ideas are far- fetched I just wanted to hear what you guys think.

1) Arima is somehow Kaneki's father.

Yes I know it's a wild assuption, but seeing their facial similarities as well as their love for books... well I guess I'm stuck at that. Besides, Akira has hinted that the two of them have some kind of parental relationship. Now, I know that all this is just an act but what if? I mean he even spared his life. We know of course that he did because of Kaneki's potential but could it be that Arima have any other feelings?

2) Arima is deeply connected to Kaneki's accident in the first place or with these experiments in general. We know for a fact that Amon was suspicious of CCG of trying to produce hybrid humans- ghouls and the very fact that Arima, such a cold looking person, took Kaneki under his wing and gave him as a task to become a teacher whose students would surpass Arima himself, well, it's a bit fishy in one way or another.

Anyways, these two were my theories on this manga, do you guys have any conspiracy theories as well? XD

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
nice prediction
Thank you
I don't read the manga but that would be awesome. That guy is a bad ass. He seems like he is the most powerful investigator.
You should definetely give it a try, it adds a complete different depth to the whole story.
(1) Implausible, Arima is 32 and Kaneki is 22; (2) It's possible.​
Yeah I thought so, it's just..
i'm going with 2
what made you come up with 1?
Well to tell you the truth when I watched Arima for the first time at the anime ( I first watched the anime). I immediately thought of how much his appearance was resembling Kaneki, then his love for books also triggered my interest and then in the manga when I read about "parental love", I thought what if this could be a secret message for later.

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is a manga. Everything can be plausible

Stating it's a manga doesn't instantly make every statement reasonable. Arima would've been ten when he fathered Ken Kaneki, and it's also been stated that Kaneki's father helped raise him until he 'passed away', at which point his mother became a single parent. It's more plausible that Arima is related to Kaneki as an uncle, half-brother, or cousin.​

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Stating it's a manga doesn't instantly make every statement reasonable. Arima would've been ten when he fathered Ken Kaneki, and it's also been stated that Kaneki's father helped raise him until he 'passed away', at which point his mother became a single parent. It's more plausible that Arima is related to Kaneki as an uncle, half-brother, or cousin.​
Now that you mention it, that could be a very interesting scenario as well.

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Ah yeah, more logical for arima to be more close relatee

Onii Chan

Veteran
Kin
839💸
Kumi
2,581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He was reborn into someone else who is now leader of a Ghoul hunting squad under a new name, Kaneki didn't magically and un-logically some how survive a sword through the head/eyes. Although Kaneki has flashbacks doesn't mean he is in the same body.

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He was reborn into someone else who is now leader of a Ghoul hunting squad under a new name, Kaneki didn't magically and un-logically some how survive a sword through the head/eyes. Although Kaneki has flashbacks doesn't mean he is in the same body.
That's only a theory that you present it as a fact. Yes, he was reborn metaphorically, in mind, not in body. As we know, ghouls have tremendous healing abilities and Kaneki has even more. That being said, even though he was pierced in his eyes and brain, he could still survive. You make it sound like they created an artificial body for him while it's clearly not the case. They just brainwashed him.