The line between something okay and not okay to write. A matter of explicit content.

Is describing a *** scene regarded as crossing the line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, I have a question that I think should raise some interesting discussions and opinions from you guys, and Lili has formerly hinted at the subject when she asked how she could do a rape scene without it breaking any rules or being too explicit here at the Base...

You see, I'm about to try portraiting an actual *** scene in my next chapter, but I have no idea how far I can go and how explicit I'm allowed to make it xD Last time I tried something like this, I just ended up "cutting" the scene just as the "act" was about to start, and I got a bunch of people nudging me over why I ended it there and didn't go on, haha. In the end, I didn't dare go any further...

The fact is, I do feel like making a proper attempt this time around, but I have no idea how far I can go before breaking any rules xD What do you guys think? And more over, what does the staff think of this?

Where is it that the line has to be drawn, and what exactly is defined as too explicit?

Murder, rape, ***, violence, swearing and fool language, everything that's a subject to explicit content. Some are allowed at a minor detail, others are banned completely. There are probably other "terms" that can be added here too, but these are the ones I can think of from the top of my head, and my question is as the poll suggests. The thing is, I feel like it's right to do this scene, but at the same time, I don't want my biggest chapter ever to be banned from the site because of one small scene, haha XD

Feel free to add in your own opinions on the matter.

Last edited:

oShux

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We were born naked, we all know what a vagina and penis is. Why is it that people get so riled up over ***? It's a natural thing and it happens to EVERYONE. So why is it that it's wrong to talk about ***, and yet on the media we see the most gruesome type of violence there is like a hatchet being buried in a mans skull or a mans throat being slit.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We were born naked, we all know what a vagina and penis is. Why is it that people get so riled up over ***? It's a natural thing and it happens to EVERYONE. So why is it that it's wrong to talk about ***, and yet on the media we see the most gruesome type of violence there is like a hatchet being buried in a mans skull or a mans throat being slit.
Yeah I know, but it's always been a matter of NB also being a family forum... In my opinion, I shouldn't have any problem writing a detailed scene, but on the other hand, it might be pushing the rules so it's better to be safe than sorry, haha ;D

I'm not bothered, kids have probably seen worse.
Yeah agreed, but I've seen content like this get "warned" before. I might just end up writing it and then see if I'm allowed to post it or not afterwards, haha =p

Last edited:

danivass

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would say as long as it doesn't contain any fetishes that are generally frowned upon, or (most definitely) pictures/video material, or it gets too rough (I'm talking about S&M), or it has something generally regarded as too rough/a crime I believe it should be ok to include it. Though I may be missing something. Anyways, I'd reckon most fanfictions, as well as the manga itself, have portrayals of murder, so what harm could a lovely little *** scene that doesn't cross any moral bounds cause?
p.s. Who's the lucky lad? =D

AllomnisymbolsparttwoT

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have wrote sexual stories before(Not going to tell you the websites or anything >:I) for censored dont add extra details like clitoris and those extra deep stuff just keep it soft and light you could add tit and boob but again not into deep details

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would say as long as it doesn't contain any fetishes that are generally frowned upon, or (most definitely) pictures/video material, or it gets too rough (I'm talking about S&M), or it has something generally regarded as too rough/a crime I believe it should be ok to include it. Though I may be missing something. Anyways, I'd reckon most fanfictions, as well as the manga itself, have portrayals of murder, so what harm could a lovely little *** scene that doesn't cross any moral bounds cause?
p.s. Who's the lucky lad? =D
Yeah, I do agree with this fully, but then again, even swearing has been banned here, so it's about finding that line, and make sure not to cross it (even if people always will be bound to disagree on where that line should be drawn).

You really want to know? Read chapter 3 and the scene that I "cut" previously, and you should know who I'm giving a "second chance" ;D

I have wrote sexual stories before(Not going to tell you the websites or anything >:I) for censored dont add extra details like clitoris and those extra deep stuff just keep it soft and light you could add tit and boob but again not into deep details
Hmm...

whats your problem?
Just ignore him.

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Indifferent. I honestly don't believe a *** scene improves a story. I would never write one in. But I have no problem with it as long as we don't enter the 50 Shades spectrum.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Indifferent. I honestly don't believe a *** scene improves a story. I would never write one in. But I have no problem with it as long as we don't enter the 50 Shades spectrum.
Haha, I understand your point, but in my opinion, a little romance would never hurt ;) The reason I need to write one however, is because the female character gets pregnant, which again causes a storm so to speak. I think it's better to have that scene there to give a stronger point/feeling towards the two and their relationship. If I just said that she got pregnant, it wouldn't have the same impact you know?

Anyways, I've already written the scene, and it was probably the most embarrassing thing I ever wrote, haha xD I'll have to ask Sara if I can post it first though I suppose, or if I have to "alter it"

Last edited:

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Haha, I understand your point, but in my opinion, a little romance would never hurt ;) The reason I need to write one however, is because the female character gets pregnant, which again causes a storm so to speak. I think it's better to have that scene there to give a stronger point/feeling towards the two and their relationship. If I just said that she got pregnant, it wouldn't have the same impact you know?

Anyways, I've already written the scene, and it was probably the most embarrassing thing I ever wrote, haha xD I'll have to ask Sara if I can post it first though I suppose, or if I have to "alter it"
Well, they did the same thing with Clannad, and the two never even kissed then. You don't really need intimacy to move a story along like that.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, they did the same thing with Clannad, and the two never even kissed then. You don't really need intimacy to move a story along like that.
No, but the same could be said about many other aspects in a story, like, you don't need to describe a death scene, you could always just say that that person died, haha. Imagine if we never saw Asuma dying in Naruto? that we just got told that he died from his injuries... His death wouldn't have made the same impact then, would it? ;D

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, but the same could be said about many other aspects in a story, like, you don't need to describe a death scene, you could always just say that that person died, haha. Imagine if we never saw Asuma dying in Naruto? that we just got told that he died from his injuries... His death wouldn't have made the same impact then, would it? ;D
Yeah, but you don't need a *** scene to emphasize that someone got pregnant. You use something like that when you wanna emphasize how a couple falls in love or something along those lines. Asuma was a major character that the audience should've made a connection with, so it's fitting to portray his death in a way that it moves the viewer. It's not really the same kinda situation, y'know?

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, but you don't need a *** scene to emphasize that someone got pregnant. You use something like that when you wanna emphasize how a couple falls in love or something along those lines. Asuma was a major character that the audience should've made a connection with, so it's fitting to portray his death in a way that it moves the viewer. It's not really the same kinda situation, y'know?
No, of course it's not the same kind of situation, duh xD =p But my point still stand, you wouldn't really connect to the couple and them getting a baby in the same way, IMO, if we just skipped right to the birth. There's a reason why I've never done a scene like this before, or, never done it to completion. For once, I never had the need to, and secondly, it was never part of my "vocabulary" to write such a thing/scene xD This time however, it didn't only serve as scene to spice the otherwise ages long chapter up a bit, but also to portrait teenager love, so to speak.

The scene itself was rather... embarrassing for me to write to say the least, but I did manage to come through with it in the end. The question that matters is if I'm allowed to post it or not, haha XD

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, of course it's not the same kind of situation, duh xD =p But my point still stand, you wouldn't really connect to the couple and them getting a baby in the same way, IMO, if we just skipped right to the birth. There's a reason why I've never done a scene like this before, or, never done it to completion. For once, I never had the need to, and secondly, it was never part of my "vocabulary" to write such a thing/scene xD This time however, it didn't only serve as scene to spice the otherwise ages long chapter up a bit, but also to portrait teenager love, so to speak.

The scene itself was rather... embarrassing for me to write to say the least, but I did manage to come through with it in the end. The question that matters is if I'm allowed to post it or not, haha XD
See, at times like that, it's much better to make use of colorful metaphors and avoid being "specific". Cuts down on the amount of embarrassment a bitxd

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm a bit busy but on a quick note...

What is considered explicit on NB: Anything that you wouldn't want your 5-8 year-old kid, to see/read, is considered unsuitable for a family forum.

It's up to you, to tame the subject into subtle ways.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm a bit busy but on a quick note...

What is considered explicit on NB: Anything that you wouldn't want your 5-8 year-old kid, to see/read, is considered unsuitable for a family forum.

It's up to you, to tame the subject into subtle ways.
Pretty straight forward answer from Mr Escorp =p
And I get what you're saying... But I do remember you being one of the many who complained when I cut a scene just as the act was about to begin in chapter 3, no? xD But yeah, I've tread very carefully with the new scene to say the least :p