Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Not after only 2 chapters you don't XD But it's all progression I suppose, haha ;)

That is exactly why you should read the ones before chapter 6 while waiting for the 9th one (I'm serious, and I'm kind of surprised you haven't already) xD I mean, chapter 6 was the climax of a build-up that basically shook the "Samurai World" to its core from the past chapters. The tone in the two first chapters are pretty unique compared to the rest. The 1st chapter doesn't even have a single dialogue in it except for the 3rd person narrative introduction (which is actually how the story will end, or at least Hagoromo's perspective, so to avoid being confused at chapter 14 (I think), I suggest you at least read the introduction), how about that? xP

And yeah, but given the "time-frame" of the situation, Hagoromo wasn't given much time to think about the fact. But by real world standards, I suppose you would have thought something weird as heck was up if someone's eyes were like that, haha. Then again, Hagoromo has seen a lot of "****ed up" shit by now in his life, so nothing surprises him anymore I guess xd

I like the way you think xP The thing is that like I mentioned somewhere (I always mention stuff "somewhere" don't I? xd), there's going to be a sort of a "first-ever" Otsutsuki clan meeting to decide what to do after the Jubi has been dealt with. Bruce will obviously have a role there, but for the actual Jubi fight, the focus is centered more around Hagoromo and Hamura, as well as the Samurai clans and their leaders that were introduced in the 7th chapter. You may ask why he's not making an appearance there, but the thing is that there's some stuff that happens during this on-going arc which makes it all understandable, especially considering that the Jubi emerges almost right after the Tower of Death has been cleared. Giving you more info than that ruins the fun xD

Also, for the question you asked, I actually said on the 7th chapter I think in one of my comments, that I have made Bruce the founder of the 8th Gates Technique =p In case you missed that one. Nevertheless, your "hunch" is right on track. Like I mentioned in my last reply to your review, it's Bruce's "time to shine" on the 4th Floor, which begs the question of exactly what he'll do with this information in mind. I've already started writing the fight on the 5th Floor, so it feels like talking about the past when talking about the floors before that xD As for back-story on Bruce, I've written the next chapter to empties on the "relation" between Bruce and Hamura and their "position" in the clan. Should give you some intel on how his character eventually came to be. As for him starting to become your favourite character, I'm a bit surprised xD If not for this arc, I wouldn't have invented him at all. Not sure how I'll be able to make him stay that way with what I said above, haha.

As for more introduction to Game of Death, I'm writing this story as if the concept is a "new" idea to the readers, meaning that a cloud of mystery will be present towards the end and the 7th Floor. It's more like a "bonus" having seen the movie Game of Death, and read about what it was originally supposed to be. Heck, even watching the original footage that was filmed as shown in the youtube video gives the reader an understanding above and beyond what the story gives out. That's all there is to it for now, but I am sure you will end up enjoying the next chapter as much as I. Basically, I wrote it in one sitting (!), and I can't remember the last time I wrote 90 per cent of a chapter in one sitting. Must be years. Length wise, it's not that bad which is a surprise considering I only used about 3-4 hours finishing it...

Interesting thoughts and justifiably so. The reason why I said there could be a bit of Sasuke in there is because as strategically and wise as Shikamaru is, and as calm and collected as Neji is, there's no way Hamura would do the things he sometimes quite "recklessly" does, although the "shock-factor" of a drastic change of events could do something with the mind of the brightest. Also, the Otsutsuki clan meeting I mentioned would happen earlier, will be happening not only because I need to establish the whole "Moon/Earth" deal, but there's also going to be some "conflict/disagreement" between Hagoromo and Hamura at first. I got that idea after finally being able to sit down and watch The Last Naruto the Movie not long ago. The fact that Hamura, in the same regard as Hagoromo, hasn't really been explored much, that gives me room to sort of create "original" characters despite them being pre-established in canon material of another show.

Well the final bits of this work have both its unique ways but also as part of a bigger frame so to speak. That's the benefit and the downside of having a huge Timeline to deal with. Somehow, you have to connect the dots, but at the same time, you have to write each story as if they were standalones to avoid getting new readers confused. I've briefly mentioned it before, but the "villain" on the 7th Floor is actually going to be someone some/most of my readers will recognize. I don't think I would have been able to pull off a real reasonable ending to this Game of Death if I somehow hadn't found a way for this "villain" to return.

I did post the names of the remaining chapters on the 6th chapter I think, but a refresher might not be a bad idea at this point;

Chapter 9 - Fist of Legend
Chapter 10 - The Point of No Return
Chapter 11 - An Old Nemesis Returns
Chapter 12 - The Jubi Emerges
Chapter 13 - The Rise of the Titans
Chapter 14 - Legacy
Chapter 15 - Unfulfilled Destiny
Chapter 16 - The Curse Evolves

Oh, and Kaguya's case is going to be interesting indeed. There's even clues to her resolve in this chapter as said by Hamura, which won't be revealed before Hagoromo meets up with her at a very "bad" timing so to speak.

As for spoilers, I might preview the last part of the 3rd Floor, which is quite small compared to the rest of the chapter, if this discussion keeps up, haha.

And hopefully, I can see my plan of finishing this story before November strikes through. At the very least, it is done before December for sure.

You already did that before, remember? You should remember my answer back then xD Somehow however, I never viewed the actually battling to be my strong points, that is why I always wanted to write a story at some point that wasn't centered around action, lmao. Long post is long, fade to black...

So does that means if I continue making a review I would get an award from Zise probably?

The only reason I haven't read the other chapters is simply because I tend to procrastinate often. Although I could say am not unhinged even after reading the past two chapters taking into account they are easy to comprehend. Anyway rest assured, I'll read the introduction mainly to understand the next chapters better.

I fully understand were you are coming from. I still feel Hagoromo should at least ask about those eyes out of curiosity.

"First ever Otsutsuki meeting" For some reason, this sounds like the "breaking point" for this story. I may be wrong, Regardless does this mean the Juubi won't be sealed inside Hagoromo like the Manga depicted? Hamura and Hagoromo being the main focus during the Juubi fight is also completely understandable considering the fact they are the main protagonists afterall. However I think am still being left in the dark about the Samurai clans and their leaders addition during the juubi fight. My only guess is they would serve as an aid support similar to that of the Kages and shinobi alliances against Madara/the Juubi during the 4th great Ninja world-war. If am right on this, then it will be the perfect way of giving the Samurai clans and their leaders screen time.

Yes I did miss that part concerning Bruce been the founder of Eight gates. Still I think you assuring me yourself, voids that inner uncertainty about Bruce not having Eight gates. That also begs the question if he would ever open the last gate. As for my initial question on Bruce's backstory, wouldn't it be nice if him and Hamura were rivals? Also as for your answer, that would be great thing emphasizing on their relations and respective positions on the clan. Finally though, I think I'm beginning to understand where you are coming from after seeing that video. I guessing this means I'll be looking forward to the 7th floor, for that "shrouded mystery." By the way Have you completed the next chapter prior to this?

So in essense, Hamura is that type of character that doesn't "act first before he thinks," but "thinks first before he acts" which is completely justifiable for someone like him. Also knowing you, I can help but think the Otsutsuki clan meeting would be epic. Again, all this means I'll be definitely looking forward to your next chapters. You've said so many things, putting me into state were I have no choice but to see your next chapters so as my questions will be answered. I wouldn't say am confuse, but am certainly curious at this point. Anyway, thanks for posting the names of the remaining chapters. So basically you're half way through this story. And since you mentioned you plan on finishing this story before December, Doesn't that mean you'll be releasing two chapters each month?

Now to your answer, You are the stubborn type aren't you :lol Unfortunately for you, there's a saying that states "Don't give up." If you know what I mean :lol

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

So does that means if I continue making a review I would get an award from Zise probably?

The only reason I haven't read the other chapters is simply because I tend to procrastinate often. Although I could say am not unhinged even after reading the past two chapters taking into account they are easy to comprehend. Anyway rest assured, I'll read the introduction mainly to understand the next chapters better.

I fully understand were you are coming from. I still feel Hagoromo should at least ask about those eyes out of curiosity.

"First ever Otsutsuki meeting" For some reason, this sounds like the "breaking point" for this story. I may be wrong, Regardless does this mean the Juubi won't be sealed inside Hagoromo like the Manga depicted? Hamura and Hagoromo being the main focus during the Juubi fight is also completely understandable considering the fact they are the main protagonists afterall. However I think am still being left in the dark about the Samurai clans and their leaders addition during the juubi fight. My only guess is they would serve as an aid support similar to that of the Kages and shinobi alliances against Madara/the Juubi during the 4th great Ninja world-war. If am right on this, then it will be the perfect way of giving the Samurai clans and their leaders screen time.

Yes I did miss that part concerning Bruce been the founder of Eight gates. Still I think you assuring me yourself, voids that inner uncertainty about Bruce not having Eight gates. That also begs the question if he would ever open the last gate. As for my initial question on Bruce's backstory, wouldn't it be nice if him and Hamura were rivals? Also as for your answer, that would be great thing emphasizing on their relations and respective positions on the clan. Finally though, I think I'm beginning to understand where you are coming from after seeing that video. I guessing this means I'll be looking forward to the 7th floor, for that "shrouded mystery." By the way Have you completed the next chapter prior to this?

So in essense, Hamura is that type of character that doesn't "act first before he thinks," but "thinks first before he acts" which is completely justifiable for someone like him. Also knowing you, I can help but think the Otsutsuki clan meeting would be epic. Again, all this means I'll be definitely looking forward to your next chapters. You've said so many things, putting me into state were I have no choice but to see your next chapters so as my questions will be answered. I wouldn't say am confuse, but am certainly curious at this point. Anyway, thanks for posting the names of the remaining chapters. So basically you're half way through this story. And since you mentioned you plan on finishing this story before December, Doesn't that mean you'll be releasing two chapters each month?

Now to your answer, You are the stubborn type aren't you :lol Unfortunately for you, there's a saying that states "Don't give up." If you know what I mean :lol
Lmao, you have to ask Zise for that xd

Well how about this... You don't need to leave any reviews for chapter 1-6? xD They are quite short (not the 6th one) too, so shouldn't be too hard to read through. I urge you to reconsider xD

If anything, he asked himself the question, and he got the answers in the "next chapter" haha xD

This is one of the reasons to why you should have been with this story from the get-go. I wrote a "prologue" before the 1st chapter stating what the story would be about and how it would connect to everything else. I explicitly stated that the main story would draw inspiration from the background story provided by the Jubi to Naruto in my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns, so manga references are 2nd priority. So yeah, the Jubi will be sealed inside him and all, but it's more so the "decision" of how to make the clan come together and Hamura taking most of the clan to the moon to guard the husk of the Jubi so to speak. Don't really know yet. Probably the only part I haven't planned out extensively as of yet.

Well you are sort off on point about your prediction. It's more of a mean to "end the era of the samurai" and to sort off "urge" Hagoromo into spreading his teachings about Ninshu and sharing his chakra, which ultimately leads down to the era of Shinobi after Indra and Asura squares off.

As for Bruce and the gates, you will have to see for yourself. Opening all gates probably (in my view) belongs to Dai and Gai at the end of the day, being that "the next generation surpasses the past one."

The next chapter puts empathy on your "demands," for the lack of a better word xD The rivalry between all three begins to show in it. You will see, and yes, already completed the last chapter when I said so through VM about a week ago xD

Also, I'm surprised you watched the video. I don't know about the rest, but you are indeed the first to comment on having done just that. Awesome =P

Well it's logical being that the "1st arc" more or less ended at chapter 6. 7 and onwards have been leading into and building into this "side-arc" that became so much more. Like I told you in the chat on FB, the 6 first chapters are my favorites story-wise. If I have to judge, I would probably rank chapter 8-9 as my weakest of the bunch.

Suppose, but then again it's all a matter of timing. If I had the chance, I would like to finish them by the end of this month so that I can focus on my "final things" here on the Base for the remainder of the year...

Lmao, it's too late for me, Luke xD

PS: If I can only get Jinrou to join us on FB, I'll probably start talking more about the upcoming plot and share ideas with Fahad and Kuroi if they like to do that. Maybe I'll even give out scenes to get feedback on certain plotpoints xD We'll see. It's more important that I can contact people more smoothly than anything else.

PPS: I only need to read through, add codes and polish the next chapter. Depending on how long this drag on, the next release can be anything between 3-5 hours xD

Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lmao, you have to ask Zise for that xd

Well how about this... You don't need to leave any reviews for chapter 1-6? xD They are quite short (not the 6th one) too, so shouldn't be too hard to read through. I urge you to reconsider xD

If anything, he asked himself the question, and he got the answers in the "next chapter" haha xD

This is one of the reasons to why you should have been with this story from the get-go. I wrote a "prologue" before the 1st chapter stating what the story would be about and how it would connect to everything else. I explicitly stated that the main story would draw inspiration from the background story provided by the Jubi to Naruto in my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns, so manga references are 2nd priority. So yeah, the Jubi will be sealed inside him and all, but it's more so the "decision" of how to make the clan come together and Hamura taking most of the clan to the moon to guard the husk of the Jubi so to speak. Don't really know yet. Probably the only part I haven't planned out extensively as of yet.

Well you are sort off on point about your prediction. It's more of a mean to "end the era of the samurai" and to sort off "urge" Hagoromo into spreading his teachings about Ninshu and sharing his chakra, which ultimately leads down to the era of Shinobi after Indra and Asura squares off.

As for Bruce and the gates, you will have to see for yourself. Opening all gates probably (in my view) belongs to Dai and Gai at the end of the day, being that "the next generation surpasses the past one."

The next chapter puts empathy on your "demands," for the lack of a better word xD The rivalry between all three begins to show in it. You will see, and yes, already completed the last chapter when I said so through VM about a week ago xD

Also, I'm surprised you watched the video. I don't know about the rest, but you are indeed the first to comment on having done just that. Awesome =P

Well it's logical being that the "1st arc" more or less ended at chapter 6. 7 and onwards have been leading into and building into this "side-arc" that became so much more. Like I told you in the chat on FB, the 6 first chapters are my favorites story-wise. If I have to judge, I would probably rank chapter 8-9 as my weakest of the bunch.

Suppose, but then again it's all a matter of timing. If I had the chance, I would like to finish them by the end of this month so that I can focus on my "final things" here on the Base for the remainder of the year...

Lmao, it's too late for me, Luke xD

PS: If I can only get Jinrou to join us on FB, I'll probably start talking more about the upcoming plot and share ideas with Fahad and Kuroi if they like to do that. Maybe I'll even give out scenes to get feedback on certain plotpoints xD We'll see. It's more important that I can contact people more smoothly than anything else.

PPS: I only need to read through, add codes and polish the next chapter. Depending on how long this drag on, the next release can be anything between 3-5 hours xD
Yes I will probably ask Zise.

I will consider after you give me your assurance you're joining RP. (Joking) I'll probably check those chapters when I have the time. Maybe this time I'll try not to procrastinate as I often do.

Interestingly, it seems all my questions all has related ties with the first six chapters. Come to think of it, I may had seen and glance through the first chapters not sure about this though. So yeah, just gimme a couple days from now. I'll try and make up the time for those chapters I missed. And from your recent hypes on those chapters, it'll be worth it I hope.

Wait are you planing on introducing Indra and Ashura briefly? That would be awesome man. Ending the story at the point when they started their constant wars will be ideally also. As for the Bruce gates thingy, Guy was able to open all the gates prior to the end. Maybe Bruce can reciprocate these feats and maybe surpass him by opening the 9th gate assuming there's even one :lol

Am I the first? Wow I have so many incoming awards XD Isn't it ironic your "weaker chapters" are my favorites? You may say this is because I haven't read the first six chapters. But I doubt my favoritism towards the 7th and 8th chapters will change even after reading those chapters, especially the Seventh.

Also I think it would be great if you can complete the story by the end of this month. Then again, that is basically finishing 6 chapters less than a month. Which makes me think you probably can't, even if you tried. Finally concerning the FB chat, you can always create a Msg group chat. So far the members you mentioned are ready join.

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes I will probably ask Zise.

I will consider after you give me your assurance you're joining RP. (Joking) I'll probably check those chapters when I have the time. Maybe this time I'll try not to procrastinate as I often do.

Interestingly, it seems all my questions all has related ties with the first six chapters. Come to think of it, I may had seen and glance through the first chapters not sure about this though. So yeah, just gimme a couple days from now. I'll try and make up the time for those chapters I missed. And from your recent hypes on those chapters, it'll be worth it I hope.

Wait are you planing on introducing Indra and Ashura briefly? That would be awesome man. Ending the story at the point when they started their constant wars will be ideally also. As for the Bruce gates thingy, Guy was able to open all the gates prior to the end. Maybe Bruce can reciprocate these feats and maybe surpass him by opening the 9th gates assuming there's even one :lol

Am I the first? Wow I have so many incoming awards XD Isn't it ironic your "weaker chapters" are my favorites? You may say this is because I haven't read the first six chapters. But I doubt my favoritism towards the 7th and 8th chapters will change even after reading those chapters, especially the Seventh.

Also I think it would be great if you can complete the story by the end of this month. Then again, that is basically finishing 6 chapters less than a month. Which makes think you can't, even if you tried. Finally concerning the FB chat, you can always create a Msg group chat. So far the members you mentioned are ready join.
xd

Mhm, yeah... Then again, you can just give me a "short" combined review for all of them once you have read them xD

Seems like my teasing is finally paying off huh xD Well to put matter into perspective, after the Jubi has been taken care of, the Titans of the Underword will arise, and what exactly are they? You may ask yourself. As the matter of fact, they first debuted as the Sage of Six Paths' summons in Naruto's battle with him in the Underworld in The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns, so everything that will happen in Hagoromo's battle with them will be based on what happened there. I'm not asking anyone to re-read my past work. so I will have to try and write it in a way that makes it seem completely new even though it isn't. Maybe Trea can slightly remember what TLSoK Returns and those chapters were about. It's something that has been hinted at for 4 years now, lmao.

I already talked about that several times over xd Last in one of my replies to you xD Hagoromo's point of view will end around chapter 14, so the 2 last chapters will be 3rd person about Indra and Asura.

Hahaha, you're thinking too much xD He's just a "side" character after all xD I never intended him to go beyond the Game of Death so to speak. Interesting idea though xD

Well you started on the 7th which was my biggest stand-alone chapter ever. And then it lead into this new arc so to speak which acted as a new beginning. The hype of the 7th chapter was the samurai influences in my opinion though, not the tie-ins with Naruto and the rest of the Timeline. So to be said, the first "arc" is all about the Samurai era, taking much inspiration from the Warring State Period (Sengoku Jidai) of Japan. That is exactly what I think you will find interesting, at least I did. That is also why I like them more because they are basically my "most original" chapters yet.

It's basically a matter of time and will really xD Just the after work often takes hours which probably is the hardest thing to motivate myself to do. I usually spend too much time writing a chapter as well, so yeah, can't do it like I did in the old days apparently.

Yeah but I need Jinrou at least. I also want Trea but she seems like a lost case for now xP I'll get Jinrou, then I'll make the chat and probably a group or something as well, lmao.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Indeed. I drew inspiration towards two sources. One, the ability of Hagoromo's grandparents who could turn themselves into smoke, and two, from the creature in the tv series Lost xP

Loved your review =p As for the Byakugan genjutsu, I don't know why that hasn't been explored before or why I haven't thought out that before, but I at least found it fitting enough to incorporate. I always knew there had to be a genjutsu at work to defeat the two guardians however, just didn't know what type of genjutsu Hamura would possess at the time.

And lmao, he sure did break his own rules huh xD Won't matter much in the end however, as you will see in the next chapter ;)

Yeah I won't be having too long chapters from here on and out, at least not until the Jubi arrives. It's kind of hard to extend the chapters and the story when all there is to focus on is fights. Can't really extend them pointlessly for the heck of it or they will lose their touch =p I think the next one is about the same size as this one or even shorter actually. But that is fine too, I suppose xP Also, I couldn't really rival the length of the last chapter now could I? xd

Well I might have exaggerated when I said they would have their own "point of view." It's not like I will shift narrator from Hagoromo to Hamura or Bruce anytime soon xD What I meant is that we actually get to see them fighting as opposed to back when Yukimura fought Tadakatsu. We didn't even get to see anything of that fight beside the final outcome. The advantage this time is that everyone is in the same room which gives Hagoromo the "opportunity" so to speak, to comment on what he sees.
Ah I see, well of course I had completely forgotten about Hagaoromo’s grandparents ability and about Lost, I never really watched that tv series but it’s nice to know where you drew the inspiration from :)

I’m so happy that you loved my review! ^^ Well for you tackling the Byakugan for the first time, you did really great! =D

Yeah, he arrogantly did not care that he broke his own rule lol However, he is the boss of that floor so I suppose it shouldn't have to apply to himself lol I look forward to what’ll happen next :)

I see, but even so, you’ve done a nice job with your lengths :p

Ah, got it, well that is still just as good as their own points of view, my bad lol

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah I see, well of course I had completely forgotten about Hagaoromo’s grandparents ability and about Lost, I never really watched that tv series but it’s nice to know where you drew the inspiration from :)

I’m so happy that you loved my review! ^^ Well for you tackling the Byakugan for the first time, you did really great! =D

Yeah, he arrogantly did not care that he broke his own rule lol However, he is the boss of that floor so I suppose it shouldn't have to apply to himself lol I look forward to what’ll happen next :)

I see, but even so, you’ve done a nice job with your lengths :p

Ah, got it, well that is still just as good as their own points of view, my bad lol
It's actually not the first time I tackle the Byakugan in my series xD In TLSoK's Legacy, Naruto and Sasuke's grandson Minato, actually had both the Sharingan and the Byakugan and could use them both together if you recall that. Probably not, but the final battle took place between Jiraiya (Naruto's son) and Minato vs Zetsu, before Naruto himself came to the rescue when "Tobi" was resurrected. God it feels like a long time since I wrote that story, but it was sure much fun. Anyways now I'm sidetracking, what I meant to say is that it is indeed the first time I invent a Byakugan Genjutsu, but far from the first time I tackle the Byakugan amongst my characters ;)

I'll let that be the only point I discuss further in this post to shift my focus towards my latest release. just reading this post should suffice, same with the one on Recollection 9 ;)