Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous Chapters:

- How it all began, the Tale of The Sage of Six Paths Begins!
- Massacre
- The Master Sword & The Great Wizard
- As Destiny had Foretold, the First Jutsu Emerges
- Showdown
- The Otsutsuki Clan
- One's Destiny Bestowed, The Wizard's Final Lesson As The Samurai Clans Assembles
- The Tower of Death Part 1; A Test of Power, Courage & Wisdom - The Game Begins!
- The Tower of Death Part 2; Fist of Legend
- The Tower of Death Part 3; The Point of No Return
- The Tower of Death Part 4; An Old Nemesis Returns
- The Jubi Emerges Part 1
- The Jubi Emerges Part 2
- The Rise of the Titans

The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, Chapter 15;

Legacy:

Later that year, after the uprising of the Titans had been prevented, you were finally born as Indra "Madara" Otsutsuki. The news of it spread very fast; even Danivass personally came to congratulate Trea and I. From here on out, things looked to be stable in the coming years and peace continued to thrive. Naturally though, I was more around home now that you were born, and I had left most of the responsibility in furthering our teachings to the Shinobi Sect by now. Three years after you were born Indra, you, Ashura "Sasuke" Otsutsuki, came to the world as well. For someone who had been together for fifteen years without having children, it was indeed kind of strange that we were now suddenly having one kid after the other, especially at such a late stage in our relationship. It was almost as if it was destiny itself that had stalled our parenthood, as even two years after that, when both Trea and I were 40 years old, your mother became pregnant yet again. This time however, it would not be without its complications, as things gradually began to take a turn for the worse around that time...

Now that I had a family and kids to take care of, people saw it as an-... "Opportunity," to squeeze me. They knew that even as powerful as I was, I was now vulnerable. In order to adapt to the growing evolution of men and their increased power, and in fear that I could end up taking things for granted and slip up, I decided to move us all to live with the Sanada in their camp; where we could be protected from harm's touch. After all these years, Trea and I were back were it all started, but even then could we not fully be at peace. It was when Trea began having daily unexplainable nightmares that I knew things really were more serious than I had thought, and not just a bad feeling I couldn't shake. I tried to comfort your mother, believing it was due to the toll the last birth had taken on her, two years ago, but nothing seemed to help. Even I got so stressed to a certain point because of it that Danivass had to calm me down, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't seem to ease her pain, which definitely couldn't be good for the unborn child either. During this time, I decided to adopt your given names as your main names, and that is why you've been known as Madara and Sasuke Uzumaki for the earlier parts of your lives, in order to not associate you with my name; all to lessen the risk of exposing you to unwanted trouble. And even if things had quieted down for now however, Trea didn't get rid of her daily nightmares, and I failed to, or rather, I couldn't find a way to help her get rid of them. It was as if she had a constant premonition of the future, that something bad was going to happen. It went so far that she started becoming paranoid, and eventually traumatized. As the birth slowly approached, the nightmares began to show her certain events happening, events I have yet to discuss the content of with you guys, even to this date...

You see, your mother had been dreaming about seeing her own death over and over again, and in the light of those dark shadows, she saw the birth of a baby. The only explanation I could see at the time was that it had to be because she was revived all those years ago, that she only now had begun to feel the after-effects of having previously died. That she wasn't seeing herself dying in the future, she was reliving the moment when she died back then in the Sanada clan massacre, before I revived her. That had to be it, that had to be the only explainable reason for her dreams. I reassured her that it had to be it, and in the coming days after, the bad dreams began to diminish. As we know now though, she wasn't dreaming of her death back then... She was indeed dreaming of dying in childbirth, which was what happened to your mother... As if by a prophecy, your mother gave birth to you, Kasumi "Himiko" Otsutsuki, but died in doing so. I know you bear a grudge against me for not reviving your mother again back then when you were five, Indra, but I hope that you one day will see my way and can understand why I didn't. That no matter how powerful you get, life should run its natural course. Action doesn't come without consequence, power doesn't come without a weakness. If I had revived her again, I fear what might have happened and if another curse would have fallen upon the land...

Several years after your mother's death, I came upon intel through the Great Toad Sage's first ever prophecy, which revealed that it was in fact someone else that was behind the Rise of the Titans and not just a natural phenomenal; that it was caused by some unknown force, so powerful that neither the Jubi nor the Titans would be a match for it – Someone as strong as me, or even stronger. The individual went by the name "Evil God," and he had created a group of followers known as "Jashinists." The Great Toad Sage told me that their leader and his followers were said to be immortal, but their whereabouts and their true intents remained unclear. They operated from the shadows and would continue to do so for the time being... That very same night as I returned to the Sanada camp from Mt. Myobokuzan, an assassination attempt on my life happened, the first in years... The three of you were not at the camp that day fortunately, but this assassination attempt did reveal to me that things weren't as bright as I thought, setting aside the obvious news that the Great Toad Sage had told me that day. The attempt failed miserably, as both Danivass and a ton of guards stormed the room just as the man was about to try to kill me in my sleep, and it was from that very man who had attempted my life, that I found out some interesting things. Amongst them, the man revealed to me the samurai who was said to have summoned this Evil God to our realm in the first place, the very same samurai that had tasked the man with taking my life. I pondered long and hard on what the man told me, questioning the reliability of it, as I decided I would act on it immediately. 'What do you want to do with this guy??' Danivass asked me on my way out. 'Release him...' I had simply said, much to Dani's surprise. With the name of them samurai responsible for sending this assassin on my mind, I went alone to the Tokugawa camp and met with Ieyasu that very same night...

In order to not alert the man in question of my arrival and thereby giving him a chance to escape however, I decided that it would be best if I snuck into the camp unnoticed first before coming in contact with Ieyasu himself. In the darkness of the night, a man was sleeping in his room as my hand landed over his mouth as he abruptly awakened. I told him to be quiet as I slowly removed my hand. The man was quite shocked to see that I of all people was there, lurking around in the darkness. The man I had awakened was Hanzo Hattori, the master ninja who usually was the one to surprise his foe, not the other way around. 'Hagoromo, what on earth are you doing here? Why have you snuck up on me like this, in our camp?' Sitting up in his bed, Hanzo had an expression on his face that belonged to a man that was indeed confused of my appearance. 'I can't trust many a man with this, so I had to sneak inside to avoid being spotted. If I had announced my arrival, the man I'm looking for, knowing that his plan had failed, would surely try to make his escape...' 'What man? And with the powers you now possess, he could surely not be able to escape from your grasp?? No one can outrun or overpower you in your current state, rig-...' I had to interrupt him as he said that as I began to cough heavily before I managed to regain my composure. My health had indeed started to drop in the coming years after my battle with the Titans, and I knew I only got weaker by the day. My body could only take so much, and the seal on the Jubi had begun to weakened. Asking if I was okay, Hanzo had a worried look on his face. 'There's no time to talk, I need to seek out a man named Naomasa Ii...' I shortly replied to him. 'Naomasa... What do you want to do with him??' Hanzo asked me curiously in return. 'I need you to notify Ieyasu that I am here and get him to summon Naomasa into the main living room without alerting suspicion. I will meet you there...' Agreeing to do as I said, I then met up with Ieyasu, Hanzo and Naomasa shortly thereafter, and the face of Naomasa was clear as day. He was almost shocked to see me there in his presence, but continued to keep his cool to hide it. Ieyasu however seemed almost perplexed of my arrival, realizing that I had easily snuck inside the Tokugawa camp without letting anyone know of it, that I was coming. Not that he didn't trust me, but this act surely was alarming to someone like him. 'What is the meaning of this Hagoromo, why are you here, uninvited??' He looked at me with a stern expression on his face, but I had already made up my mind and shifted my focus to Naomasa, who in return knew why I had come but still kept his tongue in check. 'Look... We all appreciate what you did in the war, but even if you have the powers you now possess, even if you shared your chakra with all of us and brought the land to a peaceful way, you can't just do whatever you want, especially sneaking around like that. Not that you aren't welcome here, but this is indeed uncommon, even for you.' Realizing that Ieyasu was upset, I decided to turn my attention back at him, apologizing for my behavior. However, I assured him that it had to be done this way to not alert Naomasa, pointing my finger at him as I said. Both Ieyasu and Hanzo looked surprised at me, realizing I had some unfinished business with the man. Turning his attention to Naomasa, Ieyasu questioned what I was on to about, but Naomasa continued with his act and remained silent...

'An attempt on my life happened tonight...' I began, as Ieyasu got more surprised by the minute. 'It's not the attempt itself that worries me, but the reason behind it. An attempt on my life means that there's someone who do not agree with the peace that has been established, someone who do not agree with my philosophy, my ways... Someone who perhaps thinks I hold too much power, someone who thinks I'm dangerous... An attempt on my life isn't only an attempt on my Sect's goals, or on me... It's an attempt on anything I hold dear, on my virtues, my friends and my children... One would not be wise to threaten my children and their future!!' Raising my voice, I decided to put on a little show as a powerful wind began to blow inside the living room, with furniture getting tossed all over the place as a powerful chakra erupted all around me. Some of the guards stationed outside the living room came running in, but immediately stepped down when they saw that Ieyasu gave them a sign not to interfere. As the wind quieted down, one thing had changed... Ieyasu and Hanzo still remained calm, but Naomasa was nervous as a wreck. I knew I had gotten to him, now I only had to get him to talk...

Breaking under pressure, Naomasa decided to reveal that he had indeed made plans to get rid of me, that he had gone to Ieyasu in order to get his approval. Ieyasu had refused his request of removing the now "God-like Sage of Six Paths" from the face of the earth, in order to not diminish the soul of the Samurai any further to such a figure. Naomasa however had insisted that they had to act if they wanted peace to last, something in which Ieyasu had just sighed back at him. Naomasa Ii was considered by many to be as great a warrior as Tadakatsu Honda himself was, so he was highly ranked within the Tokugawa clan. When someone of his caliber brought such a thing into questioning, it was sure to bring an outcome with it. Vowing to take matters into his own hands, Naomasa had approached Hanzo to ask him about it. What I didn't know at the time was that Naomasa had decided to make this personal and further the task himself, which would enable him to get revenge on Tadakatsu at the same time; a man who was like a father to him. Unlike any of the other samurai in the land, Naomasa had not been present in the Jubi fight, having been on a special mission far away from the land when it all went down, and had thus, not been affected by it like anyone else had. He knew the seriousness of the event, but he wasn't thinking about it in the same way everyone else was. He like many others at the time, viewed the current world in his own eyes... Peace was a prehistoric word that didn't exist; a peaceful world was just a world without battling, not a world with complete harmony and mutual understanding. Hanzo like Ieyasu however, had also shot him down, stating that it would be wrong to go against the Savior of the land. Realizing that he couldn't get any support in his goal, neither from Ieyasu nor Hanzo, both of which had previously been spared in the past war by Nagamasa and myself and also later revived after the battle against the Jubi ended, Naomasa decided he would take things into own hands and do things by himself, later leaving a clan meeting to demonstrate this. One man had heard his plea however, and it was this man that had agreed to carry out the assassination for him in return for a great deal of money and protection for his family – An amateur, in other words. 'Never send a farmer to do a warrior's job...' Naomasa had later resented, but for now, he was denying everything, stating that he'd had in mind to carry out things by himself, but that someone had beaten him to it. I was baffled by this claim. How could someone keep denying when we had proof of otherwise, even a witness?? I let out a deep sigh as I approached him. It was then that he drew his sword from his back, much to Ieyasu and Hanzo's amazement...

'Put your sword down at once, Naomasa! What are you doing?!' Ieyasu demanded, but Naomasa would not listen. 'I don't care what you think or what you believe, but the matter of fact is that as long as this man, Hagoromo, continues to control the land, there will always be men that will oppose him!' I looked at him with sadness in my eyes. Maybe he was on to something? Had I become the very man I had fought in the past? Had I gone beyond my virtue and sought out too great of an ambition? 'Fine I'll admit it all! At least that way I'll go down standing for what I believe in!' About to launch at me, Naomasa meant business, but at that point, Hanzo stepped in between, drawing his weapon as well. 'What, you can't fight your own battles anymore, even as powerful as you are said to be?? Age must finally be catching up to you...' Looking at me, Naomasa seemed to get angrier by the minute. 'There's no need for this Naomasa, stand down...' 'Why do you stand with him anyways, Hanzo?! Get out of my way, I don't want to hurt you!' He was shaking now, almost as if he knew he had no chance at winning. I then decided to step forward as I stopped right beside Hanzo. 'If you truly want peace as you claim, why threaten it in the first place? Why summon an Evil God from beyond this realm? Wouldn't that be the opposite of what you want??' I stopped for a second as he looked at me, but he remained quiet thinking about what I had just said. 'Would you rather trust a being like that over me?? If I wanted control over the land like you say I do, I wouldn't go so far as to share my power with everyone in the land, now would I?? Nothing you say make sense!' I was obviously aggravated at that point, but I still kept most of my cool. It was then that Ieyasu also came closer. 'Now, now, let us all stop to think for a moment... There is no need for this...' He was right. But how could I convince Naomasa of that? Hadn't enough people died already? 'How did you summon him, and what type of sacred occult ritual did you go through in order to do just that? How did you find out the requirements to do so? Who told you? What did the Evil God tell you about himself and his plans?' My questions kept surfacing, but I had a feeling that I wouldn't get a straight forward answer from him...

'Nobody told me, I read about it...' He began, slightly lowering his sword as he did. 'I will not disclose the details however, unless you can beat me in a fair fight...' He followed up, raising his sword again as he did. 'A battle of swords, a battle of men. Let me see how great your virtue really is...' An honest request. Who was I to deny it? Stepping forward, I was all the way up in his face. Putting a smile on my face, I reached my hand out to him. Looking baffled at me, he met with it as the two of us shook hands. My smile then ceased as I told him we would have a fair fight, and that when I won, he would tell me everything. Chuckling at my boast, he agreed, as the two of us readied ourselves... A man that was supposedly as strong as Tadakatsu himself? Now that would be an interesting battle. This time however, the tide was turned, and I was the favorite. Could I still do it without relying on chakra??...

The battle went on for about fifteen or so minutes before Naomasa suddenly halted his attack, breathing heavily. Now it was his turn to put a smile on his face, as he then told me that it was enough. I too was exhausted, but as soon as he told me the battle was over, the sooner did I turn my chakra back on – a feat I had learned not long after sealing the Jubi, and as I did, I was completely revitalized. Stationing his sword, he then told me all he knew about this Evil God and how he had come in contact with him. That although he didn't regret his actions at the time, still believing that he had only done what he believed in and that he was doing it for a good cause, he still feared that the being he had summoned might be stronger than he first had thought. He then asked me what I would do about the situation as I turned my head to the side thinking about it. Quite frankly, I didn't know, and I still don't fully know what will happen in the future. I have a feeling you three will face this threat one day after I'm gone, but I am certain that you will have what it takes to oppose it if you find a way to work together as one unit...

Looking back at Naomasa, I then noticed that he had bent down to one knee as he told me he was ready to accept whatever punishment I desired for him. Looking over at Ieyasu, he nodded at me as I looked back at Naomasa. Walking over to him, I simply reached my hand out to him once more, as it took a few seconds before he looked up and noticed it was there. Grabbing on to it, I helped him up to his feet again as I put my hand on his shoulder. Giving him a smile of confidence, I then turned around as I began to walk towards the exit. 'What is done is done, nothing can change that. Forgive and forget, isn't that what they say??' Turning my head back, I looked at the three of them as they all nodded back at me in return. 'I will go look for answers, but I fear this threat might indeed be bigger than anything this land has faced before, bigger than the Jubi, bigger than the Titans... Hopefully however, I can find one certain man who knows the answer to anything, a man who knows what I should do. I leave making up and sorting things out here to you, Ieyasu. I'll be in touch if I find something.' Leaving the room, I then quickly left the camp as I mounted my horse and rode off into the night. Indeed... If there was one man who knew the answer to my questions, and knew what I should do next, it was Naruto himself. The only problem was finding him, something I didn't think I would do even with my enhanced sensor ability. If I could indeed find him despite his claim of seeing me for the last time in my lifetime last time we met, he would surely have an answer for me on how to deal with this threat, perhaps he even could team up with me so that we could take him on together... I looked far and wide, long into the morning of the third day since I left camp, but no matter where I looked, I could not find Naruto. It was as he had said, we had indeed met for the last time. I could only ponder why he never mentioned this threat back then, and why he hadn't told me about it like everything else. Thinking back on my life and the decisions I have made, it all makes sense now. How everything was supposed to come full circle and eventually come to an end... Everything that has a beginning, has an end. Something I've come to peace with...

Returning home, I knew all I could do was to further my teachings and prepare for the future, but as the years went by, nothing new was heard about this Evil God that I had been warned about. Was it all a fluke? Or was he abiding his time??... I had come to believe the latter, and even though I had focused on teaching men to control their new power, I knew I would also have to prepare you three to the best of my ability... It has now been 25 years since your mother died... Even if my power should have granted me at least an extended life, I spent up too much of my life-force in my quest to bringing peace to the land, to finding the Key to True Eternal, never-ending Peace, and thus, sickness has seized me... Finding the Key to Peace... A task I am afraid I will have to leave with you, as my body has become very old and fragile, and I am just about to move on to the afterlife... Before then however, there are still a few things I need to pass down to you, my children, in order to prepare you for the future and to secure my Legacy...

The life of the Sage of Six Paths comes to an end next time, as the new threat emerges...
Will Hagoromo's children be strong enough to oppose it?? Only two more chapters remains!!

~ End of Chapter 15

Fun Facts & Author's Notes:

1: Since some of you may ask, the "Given names" of the Sage's kids originates from my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series, and staying true to the Timeline to avoid inconsistencies, I had to apply the same names here, only that I changed it to given names/code names instead of their main names. Same thing can be said about Hagoromo going under the name of "Uzumaki Naruto" earlier on in the story. If I were to have made things differently, I suppose I still would have kept the code names, but it would have been either Naruto or Hashirama for Ashura and Sasuke or Madara for Indra, to foreshadow their "reincarnations." At the time when I panned out the early details for this story that I worked into my first series which this is supposed to be a prequel to, I Imagined Naruto to be the reincarnation of Hagoromo, Sasuke to be Ashura's reincarnation, while Madara was Indra's reincarnation, or as it turned out, Tobi was/is in fact Indra himself. So yeah, lot to dig in just there if you decide to dive into it.

2: Incorporating Naomasa Ii into the story was sort of my way of giving the Samurai in this tale one last nod. That is how the entire scene with Hagoromo, Naomasa, Ieyasu and Hanzo came into place.

3: Hagoromo looking for Naruto was something I planned out long ago, even if the idea of bringing Jashin on the table hadn't formed yet. The reason was that I wanted Hagoromo to sort of admit to himself that everything hadn't turned out as he had envisioned, even with his great power and his Shinobi Sect. My way of doing so was to have Hagoromo go searching for Naruto to have sort of like a final talk with him on what the land would be like after he was gone, how he had helped shaped it to a peaceful way, and if he had done things accordingly to what Naruto had told him would happen. The fact that he couldn't find Naruto was rooted in two reasons really. One was that I wanted to reflect how Naruto himself couldn't meet/find "The Wizard" in my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series no matter how powerful he became and no matter how far he looked, not until the very end when the time was right for the two of them to meet. And reason number two was that with how the last meeting went, I felt it would be like stating that Hagoromo would have to find his own way this time and walk his own path, which I liked more. He was now the same as Naruto, inhabiting the same power as he did, but even with the power of a god, he couldn't fully control how things would turn out in the end.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, Chapter 16;

Unfulfilled Destiny:

'Life... It can be so fragile at its weakest yet so steadfast at its strongest... As my story is about to come to an end, so is my life I fear, and with it, the peace of the land might finally be broken again...'

The Sage of Six Paths, Hagoromo Otsutsuki... The man, the myth, the legend... There wasn't one thing he hadn't been through in his life, one thing he hadn't encountered, experienced... As his life was about to come to an end, he was still ever thinking of the future and ways to securing the peace in the land.

'As men began to adapt to my Ninshu, my Shinobi Sect's ways, they eventually began to break out and form their own paths of Ninjutsu, just like Naomasa had warned me about would happen. Men can't be steered in a fixed path for too long, they will always want to break free and form their own... Like the Grandmaster had told me all those years ago, that if there was one thing that all the wars of the land had had in common, it was the existence of men. With power comes responsibility, but in the end, all men seems to forsake that law... A major war has not broken out since the event of the Jubi, but I fear that it will only be a matter of time now. And after I'm gone, there will be no holding the desires of men back. That is why it is important that you, my children, use your gifts to maintain the peace and reunite the world again if so needed. I had achieved my goal of peace, but like many times before, it seems to only last temporarily. True, never-ending peace... Is there even such a thing?? Alas, I may never know, but hopefully, you can...'

Hagoromo's three children all knew very well the importance of their father's final words, but neither Indra, Ashura nor Kasumi could ever foresee how important their future acts would be. They were all waiting patiently for their father to pass on his will and put his trust in them to continue where he left off.

'As I mentioned before this story began, there are two things left for me to do... The first is that I will divide the Jubi's power into nine, into Nine Beasts, so that the land may avoid destruction. Even if the Jubi and I made acquaintances over the years, I fear its grudge against me will evolve into pure hatred if it's let loose upon the world again. The second thing I will do is to choose my successor amongst you three. Even if I name a successor, I want you to only look at it as a title, nothing more. All three of you are equally important, and only if you can work together can you defeat the lurking evil that rests in the shadows...'

The Sage's time was almost up and he could feel it. Coughing badly, his daughter had to see to him to keep him from falling out of the bed as she wet another towel and applied it to his forehead to keep him cool. Clapping his hands together and focusing his energy, the Sage went to his inner consciousness as he visited the Jubi once more. Telling it that it was time for the two of them to part ways, Hagoromo used his chakra to divide the beast into nine lesser beasts, all in their infant stage as he transported them all to the Overworld, to have one first and last talk with them. After lecturing them about life, the good and bad, and the things they would need in order to live in it, Hagoromo then used his power as he sent all nine of them to nine different locations through his transportation technique, to live in peace, undisturbed until the right time came for them to reunite with men. Returning back to reality, Hagoromo then told his children that he would most likely be resurrected in the future, but to avoid having all his powers being reanimated, he has decided to put a seal on his own soul, which would limit the usage of it for whomever decides to revive him in the future. One last attempt to defy fate and his destiny, as he called it, as a vague smile formed on his face.

'If you ever feel lost or disheartened in the future, there is a Stone Tablet where I've written down the events of my life and what's important to remember in order for the Jubi to never rise again, in case you forget some of the details I've shared with you today. There are also some other interesting details written there that only the ones who has awakened my eyes can read... I managed to reach my goal but only for a limited time, and thus, I failed at what I set out to do. The land I set out to guide truly never became what I had envisioned, so I can only hope that there is a way to make it so in the future. You have to remember that it's not about how powerful and wise you can get on your own, it's about how powerful and wise you can get with the combined strength of many. "Together united, divided we fall..." Just you three remember that...'

Having listened to their father's final wise words for the whole duration of his story, Ashura then decided to speak his own mind for a change.

'But father, how can we go on without you? How can we shape the land in a peaceful manner and maintain it so in the future without your guidance? You were the one to unite the land, you were its savior. Yet the future brings promise of hatred and corruption like never before, and alas your Destiny ends Unfulfilled... How are we supposed to know how to move forward?'

Being a bright kid, Ashura had inherited his father's ambition and compassion, his will and his strong body. He was the Courageous one amongst them. Deciding to speak his mind as well, Indra followed up on his brother's concern.

'Father... The land was united under your guidance. Without you around to lead, what is stopping the men from tyranny and corruption, what is stopping them from evolving their Ninjutsu to the same level of our clan? Wouldn't it be wiser to set one final example to teach them once and for all who's in power??'

Both strong and willing, Indra was a man of action. Although he lacked his brother's, and thus his father's compassion for those around him, he had the potential to become a great leader, not only amongst men, but the Otsutsuki clan in the future as well. He had inherited his father's eyes and his strength. He was the Powerful one amongst them. Having yet to speak, the Sage's only daughter, Kasumi, also decided to follow her brothers in voicing her concern.

'My brothers may both be right and wrong, but both of them strike a fair point. Why would men continue to listen to us when we have been absent from the light of this world for so long? How can we unite them again if this great darkness decides to come forth? If we don't follow in your footsteps, can the land ever truly remain at peace? Setting an example will not do, but moving forward without a proper path will not do either. How can we become like you, father?'

The wise and beautiful Kasumi. She had inherited her father's knowledge and kindness, the ability to see things for what they were and understand both sides of the coin instead of the strongest and brightest. She had also inherited her mother's good looks and reasoning, and was thus the Wise one amongst the three of them.

'My children... Time and time again do you bring forth the right questions, but I am afraid that from this point onward, you will have to find your own answers. Indra... You possess much of the same abilities as I did and in a way, you remind me a lot of my brother Hamura. Ashura... Although younger than your brother, you too possess much of the same abilities as I do. Although many might say you resembles me the most amongst my children, I would say that you remind me of my cousin Bruce. Kasumi... My only daughter. If you only knew how much like your mother you are, it's almost like I can see her in you right now at the time of my death... Now that I look back at it all, the Jubi, the Titans... Perhaps it didn't matter what I ended up doing, as everything was perhaps always meant to be. Defying fate was never an option, as even with different actions, the grand end result of things would always end up being the same. If I could do it over again, I would definitely have revived Yukimura even if he told me not to, and I would definitely have revived your mother one more time, even if it would have cost me my life prematurely...'

Sensing his father's regrets, Indra shrugged his shoulders distantly at this, having been mad at his father for years for not reviving his mother when he could do so all along.

'My time is running out, and now it is time to finally name my successor...'

All three of them had their full attention fixed on their father now as even Kasumi went and kneeled down before him with her brothers, enfolding her hands in front of herself. Forcing himself up from bed one last time, Hagoromo struggled to move his feet as he walked over to and in front of them, resting his back on the bed fence at the end of his bed. Coughing heavily, Hagoromo then took a deep breath, before he continued.

'My successor between the three of you will be... Ashura.'

His few words sounded. All three of them remained silent for a while to take it in, but it was obvious that Indra was disheartened hearing his younger brother named as the successor to their father before him.

'How can that be?!'

Tears had begun to stream down Indra's chins as he stood up to his feet enraged.

'I am the oldest amongst us, it would only be right that I inherit the title as your successor, father!'

Throwing his arm to the side through the air in front of him at a rapid pace, Indra clearly showed his disagreement as he clenched his hand into a fist. Seeing this, Ashura too got up to his feet.

'Calm down brother, think of father's health! Making a scene now could only shorten his life even further!'

Sensing an argument just about to start, Kasumi too got up as she got in between them, trying to calm things down.

'That is enough, all of you... My time is short and I need to say what I have to say...'

Reaching his hand out to them, Hagoromo insisted that all three of them sat down again. Thrusting his fist hard into the ground, Indra was indeed not happy about this as he finally sat down again.

'Like I said, it is only a title, nothing more... Even if I've named Ashura my successor, all three of you are equally so. No power nor extra perks comes with this title. I hope all three of you can work together despite this...'

'But father, it means everything! Making Ashura your successor means that I have failed you as a son! That I am everything you do not want me to be! It's always been the oldest son to succeed throughout time! What does Ashura have that you seem to think I lack?! If it's just a title and we are all your successors, why name one of us in the first place, and why name someone else than your first born?? At least give me a reason, father...'

Refusing to even look up at his father, Indra was beyond comforting.

'Yes, you are the oldest amongst you Indra, and yes, you have everything you need to become a great leader. I feel however that you have yet to see the world as I do, to seek strength in others instead of accomplishing everything by yourself. A leader is someone who guides others, not someone who walks the path alone. Ashura is the second born, and is the link between you and your younger sister. He's not the strongest nor the wisest amongst you, but he values the people around us, perhaps even more than I ever did. Together with your help, he will find a way to secure the peace. With you as his left hand, and Kasumi as his right. You have not failed me Indra... If anything, I failed to teach you and Ashura about my values in life equally so, and therein lies the fact that it is my fault and my failure as a father that has lead you to seek strength on your own... That is the only explanation I can give you...'

'Fine... I will pursue this no more...'

Acknowledging what his father had said, even if it felt like the cold harsh truth, Indra seemed to come to peace with his decision at last. However, deep down in his heart, a burning desire to prove his father wrong had already begun to manifest.

'I will now present and entrust you two with something as well, in addition to making Ashura my successor...'

Looking at Indra and Kasumi, Hagoromo then clapped his arms together as five tools formed up on the floor between him and his children, and in the palm of his right hand, a necklace with a glowing pendant now rested.

'First I'll give this Necklace to you, Kasumi... Inside the core of this pendant, a great power rests, a special power that must be safe-kept no matter what until the right time comes.'

'What's so special about it, father??'

Lifting her head up, Kasumi looked at her father as he put the necklace around her neck. She couldn't help admire the necklace's beauty, as a burning red, blue and green fire filled the necklace's core.

'I've compressed a power I once came across and hid it away inside this necklace. In the wrong hands, the land can be shaped into evil's desire of any kind. If you ever need to rely on its power to suppress evil, you will know when the time comes as the necklace will start glowing if certain conditions are met. Only if the three of you can combine your strength as one however, can you utilize it. I trust that when that time comes, you will know what to do, and thereafter, you will in turn know who to entrust it to in the future. One day, the power of this necklace will find a place to rest for eternity where it belongs, one day in the distant future...'

'I will guard it with my life, father, to ensure that it does not fall into the wrong hands...'

Accepting the gift, Kasumi bowed her head down again in respect.

'Next, I will seal away the Staff of Fortune & Destiny and the Founding Book of Jutsu inside my own special chakra, so that whomever awakens it in the future, may depend upon these tools again... And finally, the Five Treasured Tools before me... I will entrust them to you, Indra... One day I am certain you will find great use in them.'

Paying attention to what his father said, Indra accepted the tools albeit a bit reluctantly. Not that he didn't care for them, but he was still a bit pissed off that Ashura was named as his father's successor.

'I will put them aside where no one else can reach them and thus keep them safe, father...'

Still with his face pointed towards the ground, Indra kept his response short. Looking at him vaguely, Hagoromo continued.

'With that, you are now prepared for the future...'

Venturing back to his bed, Hagoromo was coughing heavily as Kasumi went to assist him, tucking him in with sheets and making sure he laid comfortably.

'Now the great sleep awaits me until I once more will be called upon into battle, like the Great Wizard promised me would happen. Then at the end of all wars, true peace will happen as the Master Sword will be put to its final rest with it. I believe that even as different as you three are compared to each other, the three of you will find a way through the darkness together, and whatever this threat of the Evil God lurking around in the shadows will be, I am certain that you will find a way to overcome it...'

'You can count on us father, we won't fail you...'

Getting up on his feet again, Ashura too went over to his father's bed as he held on to his right hand.

'You can rest assured now father, you have taught us well...'

Kasumi concurred, as she held on to his left hand. Indra was still kneeling before his bed, reluctant to go bid his father farewell as tears began to stream down his chins once more. Getting up, he looked at his father one last time as he turned his back on him.

'You were the very best father we could ever have hoped for. We won't fail you, no matter what happens...'

Wiping his tears, Indra seemed to be the one who was the most affected by all three of them.

'I know Indra...'

Hagoromo uttered, barely being able to breath properly now.

'Until next time, father...'

Leaving the room, Indra had bid his farewell. Turning his attention and looking at Ashura and Kasumi one last time, a vague smile formed on Hagoromo's face. He knew he had done everything he could in life to ensure the peace would last. Now it was time for his legacy to carry the torch on in his stead. With one last breath, The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, Hagoromo Otsutsuki, was no more... Ashura knew at the time that no matter what happened, he would continue to uphold what his father had built. Crying helplessly on her father's chest, Kasumi couldn't help herself. It was indeed a fateful day for the three of them, and the future would indeed bring many dark days ahead...

Not long after Hagoromo's death, turmoil began to erupt in the land again with the news spreading like a wildfire, and it did not take long before man began to fight for themselves rather than for each other. As Hagoromo had feared, Ninshu evolved into the combative form of Ninjutsu and war began to break out once more. This time not between samurai, but between shinobi. The three children of Hagoromo went a long way to participate in the war to bring on a new era of peace, and while the three of them fought for the same idea, they didn't always fight for the same side. Eventually as the war approached its end, Ashura had won the people's trust, while Indra had continued to look for more power on his own. Five years had passed since Hagoromo had died, and by now, his legacy was either about to break apart or reunite. It all came down to a battle between Indra and Ashura, to not only bring the war to an end, but also to find out who truly was the strongest of the two of them, and who truly deserved to be their father's successor. Before the battle could properly begin however, their sister arrived to try to stop the battle between them. Although Ashura ensured her that he wanted the pointless fighting to end, Indra insisted that they kept going until they had a winner. As if fate wanted to intervened however, the fighting was shortly brought to an end as the great evil that had been lurking in the land sprung forth to assume control of it. News followed as the three of them caught sense of it before the battle between the two brothers could continue, and in turn, it had to be brought to a premature end. Together, the three of them went to seek out this new threat of Jashin and his followers, all said to be immortal. They had set villages on fire and stopped for no one and nothing. Gathering everyone they could, the three of them decided to stand against this new threat, united as one. Together with the power of the Five Treasured Tools, most of Jashin's immortal followers were sealed away one by one, until only the Evil God himself remained. Jashin's strength was said to be rooted in the same evil that had sprouted the Divine Tree, and thus he possessed some of the same power as the Jubi itself, only on a much larger scale. In the heat of the battle that had the whole land united against this one foe, it all escalated so quickly that Ashura almost suffered a fatal blow had it not been for his father's old nemesis, Naomasa Ii. Fate had once more interfered as Naomasa had given his life to protect Ashura from certain death...

As the battle reached its climax, the three of them, Indra, Ashura and Kasumi, stepped forward. With the power of the Triforce resting inside the necklace that Hagoromo had given Kasumi, the three of them came together as one, all inhabiting one part of Courage, Power and Wisdom, as they wished upon the destruction of Jashin's body. As if having the wish granted by the gods themselves, the body of the Evil God Jashin was forever destroyed, as Indra went to seal away his soul for all eternity inside the Treasured Tools... The war had ended, and the three of them had been reunited, just as Hagoromo had believed they would when the time was right. Peace spread out throughout the land once more as the three of them continued to work together moving forward. Even if Jashin's body had been destroyed and his soul sealed away however, his teachings, the religion of Jashinists, would live on to one day return once more, but for now, things looked promising again. Indra for some reason however, still felt that he had one unfinished job before him before he could come at true peace with his role in this world; he had still to best his brother in battle. Refusing to leave it behind them, Ashura was eventually forced to battle his brother again, in a battle that would go beyond what any of them would ever have thought. Indra's hatred from back then had resurfaced, and the battled ended up becoming a battle of life and death. The Curse of the Jubi had manifested into something else entirely, as the Curse of Hatred, was born on that very day; a curse, that would trap further generations in an endless Circle of Hate...

How did the battle between Indra and Ashura turn out, and could it finally help settle the difference between them?
Find out as the final chapter comes next!!

~ End of Chapter 16

Fun Facts & Author's Note:

1: Like promised, the two remaining chapters are done in 3rd person narrative, like the 1st chapter opened. Not even sure if people noticed that? xd

2: Hagoromo placing a seal on his soul is connected to the events happening in TLSoK Returns, where Kabuto, after having revived him, suspects he has cast some type of seal on his soul preventing Kabuto from using his full power. In a way, Hagoromo did place a seal on his soul to try to prevent his own resurrection, but he also knew by then that trying to resist fate would be futile. That is why he made it so that the seal would restrict his powers, which in turn would work to Naruto's benefit when he fought against him and his Titans in the Underworld.

3: In case it wasn't made clear or it slipped your mind, the following is their age at the time and death of the Sage of Six Paths;

Hagoromo - 65 years old.
Indra - 30 years old.
Ashura - 27 years old.
Kasumi - 25 years old.

4: The necklace that Hagoromo gives his daughter is the same necklace that Naruto gives Ikari in the Series Finale of TLSoK. He then later on in turn, finds a way to unlock the Triforce pieces from the necklace and seals them away for viewing purposes inside his Kage Museum after the final peace has been establish. Another nifty thing to take into consideration.

5: When Hagoromo sealed away the Staff of F&D and the Founding Book of Jutsu inside his own chakra, he pawed way for Naruto to acquire those special items after he sealed away the Jubi inside of himself and gained access to the Sage's powers in TLSoK Returns. This is another example of how easily it can be to forget something important to write into a "prequel" like this with all the time that has passed by and the things that have changed. It might not seem important now and easily forgotten, but in the bigger run of things, it's one of the most important things that happens in this scene.

6: Jashin... Together with Demise, bringing Jashin into the mix was something that was thought out late in the story. Even though I planned to hint at it early on, having a real battle with Jashin was never on the table. I like to keep some of his mystery from the manga still intact, and diving further into his background and character would only prolong this story unnecessarily. Now, I could have had it so that Hagoromo was the one to battle him and thus justifying this, but at this stage, it felt like it was dragging on, and in fear of repeating myself, I chose to do this route instead. It certainly isn't the first battle I've skipped in my Timeline, but one could argue that it is indeed the biggest one of them. Please comment with thoughts on this, as after all, Jashin is the only "unknown" villain in the Manga that was never truly explored or expanded upon beyond the character of Hidan.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, Chapter 17;

The Curse Evolves:

Indra and Ashura fought like there was no brotherly bond between them. For two days straight, the battle raged on, both utilizing their power and arsenal to their fullest potential. No matter how fierce the battle was, there was still a part of Ashura that wanted it to end on equal terms, to rebuild the bond between them. For Ashura, this was a fight to make his brother see the world for what it was, that the two of them could work together and further their father's legacy. For Indra on the other hand, the hatred for his father's choice and for what he deemed to be his brother's arrogance, was his reasons to fight. He could only see the world one way now – His way. Beating his brother didn't only mean personal satisfaction of proving his father wrong, it also meant that he had moved beyond the bonds of simply being his father's "legacy." He could be his own man, walk his own path, create his own world. Much had indeed changed in the five years since Hagoromo died. Indra was no longer who he used to be... The battle was arranged to take place at a disclosed location, away from any populated area. Even though Indra didn't care at this point, he accepted his brother's term on one condition; their sister was not to be present for the fight. Reluctantly agreeing to stay away, Kasumi had left to pray at their father's grave for both their safety as the battle raged on. When one of them pushed back the other, the other countered equally so, and thus, the battle could not have a clear winner unless one of them was willing to go all the way to end it...

'You can't do this, Indra! You can't go against father's will! He bestowed his heritage on me, but we're both his sons... I beg you brother, join me, don't fight against me!'

Ashura was panting heavily as he struggled to keep his focus at his brother standing not too far away from him. Both with weapons in their hands, both bloodied and exhausted...

'Foolish little brother... You always were father's favorite. Love is not the key to peace, Power is!'

'Don't do this, I beg you!'

Refusing to believe that his brother was lost in complete darkness, Ashura pressed on to try to convince him to step down so they could make peace between them, and go back to how things used to be. The land was now at peace, and this battle was indeed pointless from Ashura's point of view. He had to try to bring back his brother; if not for himself, then for their sister's sake.

'You will beg alright... For your life, if you don't hand the Founding Book of Jutsu over to me!'

Indeed... Having awakened his father's chakra, Ashura possessed the same Chakra Mode as Hagoromo did when he went up against the Titans, and had thus gained access to both the Staff of Fortune & Destiny and the Founding Book of Destiny by then. Indra on the other hand had mastered his Ocular Powers given to him by birth, and the two of them were now just like their father in their own rights.

'Then you give me no choice...'

Realizing that he would have to give it his all in order to stop this madness before it got out of control, Ashura launched at Indra as the two met once more for the fatal blow. If this fight was allowed to keep going, it wouldn't just hurt their father's legacy, it would send sparks across the land which would fuel the desire for war yet again. The wind blew silently by as both of them stood firmly in place where they landed after betting everything on a final move. Still with a firm grip on their weapons, they were both panting heavily. It was then that Indra began to falter as he lost the grip on his weapon as he clutched his chest in pain, spitting out a lot of blood in the progress. Falling to his knees, he struggled to crawl over to his weapon again as Ashura approached him from behind. Ashura had never been as determined as he was in that moment, but Indra was still his brother. Could he deliver the fatal blow? Could he kill his father's son, his own brother? Kicking away Indra's weapon, he then flipped him over on his back with his foot as he pointed his weapon at him. Anticipating the blow, Indra took a deep breath as he closed his eyes, but Ashura however couldn't bring himself to killing his own brother, as his hand shook uncontrollably before him. Opening his eyes again realizing this, Indra barked angrily at him, and while still being in great pain, he yelled at him to go through with it. Knowing that he couldn't get himself to deliver the blow, Ashura turned his back on his brother as he began to walk away from him.

'What are you waiting for?! Don't you dare turn your back on me... I can still fight!!'

Ashura didn't even respond to this as he looked down on the field far below him, with the two of them being on top of a large old-fashioned rooftop of one of the highest buildings around, in a village that had long since been deserted. Taking a deep breath, Ashura sighed deeply, as a tear began to roll down his right chin. Turning his head to the side, he looked over his shoulder to look at Indra one more time.

'You're a coward brother! You have always been! This is exactly why father should have chosen me as his successor, you lack the will to finish what you've started!'

Indra refused to give in, and while his body was unable to move, he could still bark at him, curse at him, with what could very well be his final breath.

'You're defeated brother, you can't even stand!'

Ashura shouted back at him with a tone of regret. He knew he was left no other choice, but every part of him just wanted to go back in time to when they all were friends, when they all were family.

'Then finish me off already! Why won't you at least give me that!'

'I won't kill you...'

Indra was struggling to force himself up but it was to no use. His body couldn't take it, it couldn't take any more damage, as he looked at Ashura almost as if in disbelief hearing what he said. If he couldn't best Ashura in this final battle, at least Ashura could give him the decency to finish him off, or so he thought. Ashura on the other hand would have nothing of it.

'Even if you're a threat to this world, you're still my brother...'

Ashura simply followed up, still with his back turned against him.

'No matter how much I'll try to change that, you will always be my brother... And I will always love you...'

'Don't you dare! Don't you dare leave like this, come back and finish this battle! I will return, more powerful than ever, and I won't be as merciful as you are!'

'It doesn't matter... There will always be someone there to oppose evil, whether it's me, our father or our legacy... You've lost brother. Not only this fight, but your path as well...'

Walking away from his brother, Ashura left him there to die. A long and intense battle had indeed come to the end, and the younger brother had eventually prevailed. Due to his inner feelings for his brother however, Ashura couldn't bare himself to deliver the final blow... Little did he know that his older brother would survive that day, clinging on to life as he dived further and deeper into his hatred which fueled his ambition even further. Unbeknownst to Ashura and Kasumi, and even the rest of the world as well, Indra had indeed survived that day, as he vanished into the outer realms of the world in search for even greater powers while rebuilding his own health... He was only to be heard from again several years later. The younger brother and his younger sister each settled down with their own families and lived on in peace and quiet for three generation in the meantime, when suddenly the older brother, Indra, returned with his own family nearly 40 years after the fated clash, more dark and twisted than ever, seeking not only revenge, but control over the land. By that time, he was already in his 70s, and the same was his brother, Ashura. Age did not alter their path... Age nor wisdom did not change their destiny...

This was the beginning of what we've eventually come to know as the Circle of Hate, the endless never-ending bloodshed that would consume further generations to come in the wake of the two brothers. Fighting did indeed ensure for generations to come, and the legacy of the younger brother, Ashura, became known as "Senju," while the legacy of the older brother, Indra, as "Uchiha." Their younger sister's family name was eventually known as "Uzumaki," which also was Hagoromo and both of the brothers' code surname to keep them safe from harm for a certain amount of time during their lifetime. For decades and centuries, even a millennium, it was said that the reincarnations of both of Hagoromo's sons would one day rise to do battle once more, and as destiny had foretold, their reincarnations soon stepped into the light as Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju. In the shadows however, Indra had found a way to extend his life and had thus kept at his goal long after his brother had passed away. That was only the beginning of the fated Circle of Hate and the reincarnations bound by it, and by now, you already know the end of it. As the tale of The Legendary Sage of Six Paths came to an end, the tale of The Legendary Sage of Konoha would soon begin. Would he be able to bring on the wanted peace? A peace that would last for all eternity? As time came full circle and all the wielders of the Master Sword met, it was just as the Wizard had foretold. The future thereafter was indeed one of peace, one without chakra or war, and as long as time itself remembers, the land, the world, the universe-... Had its peace. Hagoromo had played his part in the world as he too like the others went down in history as one of eight heroes who would help shape the land and guide it towards this peace. Hagoromo Otsutsuki was known as the Savior of the Land... He was known... As The Legendary Sage of Six Paths.

The End.

Fun Facts & Author's Notes:

1: Looking back, there are indeed some facts I left out purposely that was established in TLSoK, amongst them how Hagoromo divided his powers into different paths. Not that I forgot about it, but at this stage I thought it would be better if I left that obscured, as if it was happening off-screen. That is what a prequel is for anyways, it is supposed to save some information that will be/was revealed in the original. Sure I could have worked it into chapter 16, but I felt it was better not to mention it again which thus would further complicate things if I did mention it.

2: The reasons to why I decided to release the 3 remaining chapters in one thread like this are many. I might as well reveal some of them;

- Since they were this short, it felt justified to do a single 3-in-1 Bonus Release as my final "stand-alone" release on NB. In the past, I've released 3 chapters with 3 threads at once, but that just created too many different things to focus on, at once, for most people. I thought this way would be a better way to do things as I certainly didn't have time to wait around and release one and one at a time. If that was the case, I would have had to wait until January before releasing chapter 17 or so.

- This way, I get to compete with all my remaining chapters within this Series before calling it a day.

- Many of you are behind and/or have recently just caught up. This way, I make it simpler for you to read and make a review for the last parts, and thus, get one thread that is active instead of several "skipped" and inactive ones.

3: The biggest fun fact in a while, and probably the biggest "Easter egg" in ages, is that I did in fact recycle/recite the few dialogue spoken between Indra and Ashura in this battle, from chapters long past. I did give them an extra hint of personalized touch however with the use of "extended" narration, but for what it is worth, the dialogues are exactly the same as they were/appeared in Tobi/Indra's flashbacks in The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns, chapter 5 from 2012! How neat isn't that? So yeah, no new dialogues were created for this chapter and thus, the circle connecting this story to my first one has been established.

4: This marks not only the end of this Series, but also the end of my Master Timeline on the Base. The only thing that is left for me here is the collaboration idea which Germanicus and I might be kicking off this very month. It will probably be a very short tale that won't go beyond January and 3-6 chapters I imagine, but nothing is decided yet. It will be the first story taking place outside my Timeline. And then there's Three Kingdoms which I've brought up time and time again... Most likely I'll be doing it for National Novel Writing Month in November next year, and thereafter I might decide to release it somewhere, perhaps even on the Base, but we'll see. For now, this is most likely an "end" for me, and I doubt I'll be much active after Germanicus and I's collaboration work is finished. We shall see indeed... So yeah, comment, rate, subscribe, and let me know what you thought of the three final chapters, the series and the Timeline as a whole, and very well even the future itself!

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wish I was faster in posting this but I'm glad to have it up now, sorry for the delay! :(

Chapter 15 Review
I can’t recall if you stated you would be releasing these three chapters together and of you have, I’m sorry for my shitty memory. Anyways, I thought it was nice :) It’s very interesting that you gave both male child’s middle names that would in the future be named to two Uchiha clan members. So in your version, one could argue that Madara and Sasuke’s parents decided to name their children after these two lol And of course I loved your decision! =D I liked that you also used the Uzumaki surname. So Trea dies again, this time for good and from pregnancy. I think you did superb in depicting their mother’s death as she and her whereabouts were never revealed by Kishi. I really liked this new threat to the ninja world ^^ This Naomasa character was annoying, obnoxious and very naive, he needed to die XD I was surprised that he dared to fight Hagoromo and wasted everybody’s time in a sword match. I didn’t think he’d actually give in, let alone accept punishment for his crimes so I’ll give this character that lol I didn’t expect for Hagoromo not to find this new threat. So many years have passed and now not only is Hagoromo’s life coming to an end but his sons are going to be the ones to battle against the enemy! This ending was indeed surprising! A phenomenal setup chapter ;)

1 So these were code names. I was wondering about that but you’ve answered it and it’s all very interesting :)

2 I see :p

3 I liked your point of view on this matter, thanks for sharing ;)

Chapter 16 Review
I liked that you gave a little insight into the split of the nine bijuu. It’s just too bad that it was pretty brief. I really liked how you shifted from Hagoromo’s narration to now focusing on his children. Your interpretation of Hagoromo’s final moments I thought was done wonderfully. I loved all of Indra’s reactions =D It was sad and I think it was also, so like Indra to have left just before his father passed. The way you presented their sister was nicely done. Another very interesting thing I hadn’t really addressed yet is your choice of new enemies in the form of a Jashin cult. I was surprised that Naomasa offered his life for Asura. I liked the battle between the siblings and the Evil God Jashin but you kept that pretty brief as well. However, I did like the ending very much as it enforces the continuation to the brothers’ fight =D This was a heartfelt chapter, very well done ;)

1 Yes :p

2 I had forgotten of course about this but thanks as usual for the heads up. Now that you mention this, I think that fell into place perfectly and fantastically ^^

3 Thanks for those ages! =D

4 Yeah, my mind hadn’t fully recognized this but I suppose I was on the right train of thought. Anyways, thanks for the clarification ;)

5 Wow, yes, when you put it like that, it is a pretty big deal. I’m glad that that worked out for you. I know how plot holes later down the line suck and they can’t always be avoided but when they can, it’s great :)

6 Yeah, like I stated previously, I really liked the inclusion of Jashin/followers was an EPIC idea and well you thought it would drag on and I respect that even though I would’ve loved a fuller battle scene but don;t mind me :p

Chapter 17 Review
I’m not going to lie, I would’ve loved to have seen the brother’s battle way more detailed but I get that you were just giving the story a close. However the brief the detailing, I did like the reactions and expressions from each brother. It felt like this was their actual persona if Kishi was ever to go more deeply into their past ;) I really liked how you tied Kasumi to the Uzumaki, thus giving the Uzumaki an origin ^^ Though sad but true, I liked how you tied it all in the end and this story was a really fun ride ;)

I didn’t expect this final chapter to be so short but it was part of a three chapter release so it’s understandable.

1 I see, interesting that you mention that.

2 Thanks for your reasonings ;)

3 Wow that is really cool and interesting. It’s too far back for me to remember surprise, surprise, but thanks for always giving your insight or meanings for certain things =D

4 Yeah, that is very sad to hear. I know you’ve stated this several times but it doesn’t get any easier hearing it :( Looking forward to you collabfic and hopefully Three Kingdoms.

Your timeline as a whole was phenomenally done. I mean, I know I couldn’t have been capable of writing something that stretched on for years all being linked and mashed up together. So kudos to you having done so and sticking to it all the way to the end! ;)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wish I was faster in posting this but I'm glad to have it up now, sorry for the delay! :(

Chapter 15 Review
I can’t recall if you stated you would be releasing these three chapters together and of you have, I’m sorry for my shitty memory. Anyways, I thought it was nice :) It’s very interesting that you gave both male child’s middle names that would in the future be named to two Uchiha clan members. So in your version, one could argue that Madara and Sasuke’s parents decided to name their children after these two lol And of course I loved your decision! =D I liked that you also used the Uzumaki surname. So Trea dies again, this time for good and from pregnancy. I think you did superb in depicting their mother’s death as she and her whereabouts were never revealed by Kishi. I really liked this new threat to the ninja world ^^ This Naomasa character was annoying, obnoxious and very naive, he needed to die XD I was surprised that he dared to fight Hagoromo and wasted everybody’s time in a sword match. I didn’t think he’d actually give in, let alone accept punishment for his crimes so I’ll give this character that lol I didn’t expect for Hagoromo not to find this new threat. So many years have passed and now not only is Hagoromo’s life coming to an end but his sons are going to be the ones to battle against the enemy! This ending was indeed surprising! A phenomenal setup chapter ;)

1 So these were code names. I was wondering about that but you’ve answered it and it’s all very interesting :)

2 I see :p

3 I liked your point of view on this matter, thanks for sharing ;)

Chapter 16 Review
I liked that you gave a little insight into the split of the nine bijuu. It’s just too bad that it was pretty brief. I really liked how you shifted from Hagoromo’s narration to now focusing on his children. Your interpretation of Hagoromo’s final moments I thought was done wonderfully. I loved all of Indra’s reactions =D It was sad and I think it was also, so like Indra to have left just before his father passed. The way you presented their sister was nicely done. Another very interesting thing I hadn’t really addressed yet is your choice of new enemies in the form of a Jashin cult. I was surprised that Naomasa offered his life for Asura. I liked the battle between the siblings and the Evil God Jashin but you kept that pretty brief as well. However, I did like the ending very much as it enforces the continuation to the brothers’ fight =D This was a heartfelt chapter, very well done ;)

1 Yes :p

2 I had forgotten of course about this but thanks as usual for the heads up. Now that you mention this, I think that fell into place perfectly and fantastically ^^

3 Thanks for those ages! =D

4 Yeah, my mind hadn’t fully recognized this but I suppose I was on the right train of thought. Anyways, thanks for the clarification ;)

5 Wow, yes, when you put it like that, it is a pretty big deal. I’m glad that that worked out for you. I know how plot holes later down the line suck and they can’t always be avoided but when they can, it’s great :)

6 Yeah, like I stated previously, I really liked the inclusion of Jashin/followers was an EPIC idea and well you thought it would drag on and I respect that even though I would’ve loved a fuller battle scene but don;t mind me :p

Chapter 17 Review
I’m not going to lie, I would’ve loved to have seen the brother’s battle way more detailed but I get that you were just giving the story a close. However the brief the detailing, I did like the reactions and expressions from each brother. It felt like this was their actual persona if Kishi was ever to go more deeply into their past ;) I really liked how you tied Kasumi to the Uzumaki, thus giving the Uzumaki an origin ^^ Though sad but true, I liked how you tied it all in the end and this story was a really fun ride ;)

I didn’t expect this final chapter to be so short but it was part of a three chapter release so it’s understandable.

1 I see, interesting that you mention that.

2 Thanks for your reasonings ;)

3 Wow that is really cool and interesting. It’s too far back for me to remember surprise, surprise, but thanks for always giving your insight or meanings for certain things =D

4 Yeah, that is very sad to hear. I know you’ve stated this several times but it doesn’t get any easier hearing it :( Looking forward to you collabfic and hopefully Three Kingdoms.

Your timeline as a whole was phenomenally done. I mean, I know I couldn’t have been capable of writing something that stretched on for years all being linked and mashed up together. So kudos to you having done so and sticking to it all the way to the end! ;)
Again no worries :p You are still first here and I did kind of release a lot of chapters at once knowing how it would end up. I did it though because like I mentioned, it was better this way for many reasons. You are still the only one to have read my 4 last chapters you know ;)

Chapter 15:

No it was something I decided close to release seeing how "short" they ended up and how people were still lagging behind on the past chapter back then. I did mention it in the FB chat though, but obviously it would drown there :p

I guess you could argue that indeed :p Or that Hiruzen's father, got his name from there which in turn Sasuke himself got his name from. As for the Uzumaki surname, I came up with that so long ago. That is why I even invented a 3rd child for Hagoromo, so that the Uzumakis would be their own family-tree since that time. I can even remember how I came to think out those ideas back then in 2011, now xd It still makes sense to this date, but I guess this would need to be clarified for "new readers", hence the note at the end of the chapter.

Well obviously she did. The fun part is that I always remembered the core story for this prequel, which I did in turn mention back when the first ideas came about, that this story would just be a re-telling of what the Jubi said in Returns, which in turn would sort of make this story's main plot-points already given and revealed; like the Sanada Massacre, Hagoromo bringing back his wife, his wife finally dying in childbirth, and so on.

I actually decided to bring Naomasa in after watching the final or so episode to the series I linked you guys to back in chapter 4 I believe. The way he went after Yukimura determined to bring him down fearing the future, even if he was in captivity, that impression somehow stuck with me and thus I decided to make him similar to that in my story. And just like how he ends up fighting alongside Yukimura to rescue those villagers from Kotaro Fuma and dies in that episode, Naomasa ends up battling alongside Hagoromo's children and ends up dying here as well as you can see later on (which you already know). I still liked him even with this radical behavior of his. Somehow, he reminded me of Tadakatsu himself, only that unlike Tadakatsu, he ended up seeing the "light" like Mitsuhide did, in the end.

What I liked about this chapter is that Hagoromo doesn't seem to fear death anymore, to the point that he's letting everyone go despite the risk of them attempting his life again in the future. He even seeks out the source himself and alone, attempting to bring them over to his side. In a way, you could say that Naruto shares the similar trait in the manga, and since Naruto is supposed to be Hagoromo's reincarnation in my story, it all makes more sense.

Sure ^__^
Glad you liked this chapter and what it tried to do setting up the final two chapters ;)

Chapter 16:

I think it was always meant to be brief to resemble the manga panels. In a way, the plan was to lead into those scenes without creating something new or redoing them. I couldn't come up with something to add here honestly xd

Believe it or not, I was actually considering maintaining the 1st Person view, only that Hagoromo would be telling it from the afterlife. Another idea was that I would shift the view to Hamura on the moon who was still alive, and have him recount the events that happened after Hagoromo's death (as he had heard them). I even thought of changing the view directly to Ashura himself, but in the end opted to stick to the original plan of continuing where chapter 1 left off in 3rd person. That was the easiest route to go and it didn't unnecessarily restrict my way of writing like it might have if I did it one of the other ways. This way, I could still be "in the middle of the action."

Yeah writing this scene was more or less the last fun bits I had writing this story. Don't get me wrong, chapter 17 had its points as well, but most of what I came up with in 17 was taken from existing story except the small Jashin part. Sure, I had the details of what I wanted Hagoromo to say to his kids in his final moments, but I hadn't planned out the emotion and the reaction to such an extent. It gave me room to be creative as I wrote, and I too particular liked Indra's reactions. Somehow I pictured him to be a mix between Madara and Sasuke when I wrote him, while I guess I pictured Ashura to be more different than his "reincarnations" in the manga, Hashirama and Naruto. I think I imagined Ashura to be more his own man, but also maintaining some traits from existing characters in this universe.

I did talk about it in my notes, but Jashin was thrown into the mix in the last minute sort of as a cameo appearance. I would have loved to have made a huge fight here, but I was really running out of ideas and spirit at that point, so I went the route I did here, having the three of them combining their strength to win the battle, and then having the two brothers to continue their fight. In a way, this resembles Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura in the manga against Kaguya, and Sasuke and Naruto at the Valley of the End later on.

Once again, happy you liked it =)

It's kind of weird to be remembering all these small details that falls into place and connects things like that, but looking at the bigger picture, it is pretty neat to be able to throw references towards my past Series at times like this. If I wanted, I suppose I could throw a lot of it out the window and no one would have noticed xd

Sure you're welcome :p Funny thing now is that one would almost like to think that re-reading the entire Timeline in one go would make everything fit perfectly together, but even I know it's not as simple as that. I based a lot of stuff on pre-made notes and I might obviously have forgotten a thing or two being that I only re-read my first story once, and never re-read any of the ones that came after (Returns, Legacy, Series Finale, One-Shot, The Forgotten Tale). Most of it came from memory and from notes I penned down for the future back then knowing I would forget about them otherwise...

Having Jashin on display would force me, for the first time in ages, to come up with completely new powers to showcase. Just that researching progress alone would take days I imagine xd As long as you understand my point of view and possibly agree with it, I'm fine ;D

Chapter 17:

Yeah to be honest, I had actually imagined the 3 last chapters to be bigger than this, especially the two last ones, but being that I had pushed out pretty big chapters all over the line since chapter 6, I deemed it fitting for the last remaining ones to mirror the first chapters in that way. It was because of a lack of content though and the fact that I didn't see a reason to extend things pointlessly. That is also why this 3-1 release came to be like I think I mentioned.

3: Yeah I found this idea to be one of the brightest I've had in awhile. I always planned to go back to that chapter as well as some other ones as my notes "told me" to do, but as I re-read the dialogues, I figured I would actually re-use them. To me, this is the coolest thing I've done in the connecting my stories together department.

4: You will be the first to know ;) If you can stay in touch with the FB chats that is, haha. I'll let people know on NB regardless of that ;)

It sure took a lot of effort to pull off. Glad you sticked around from the beginning to the end my friend. Feels only like yesterday when I released my very first chapter and you were there to comment on it 5 years ago ;)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Again no worries :p You are still first here and I did kind of release a lot of chapters at once knowing how it would end up. I did it though because like I mentioned, it was better this way for many reasons. You are still the only one to have read my 4 last chapters you know ;)

Chapter 15:

No it was something I decided close to release seeing how "short" they ended up and how people were still lagging behind on the past chapter back then. I did mention it in the FB chat though, but obviously it would drown there :p

I guess you could argue that indeed :p Or that Hiruzen's father, got his name from there which in turn Sasuke himself got his name from. As for the Uzumaki surname, I came up with that so long ago. That is why I even invented a 3rd child for Hagoromo, so that the Uzumakis would be their own family-tree since that time. I can even remember how I came to think out those ideas back then in 2011, now xd It still makes sense to this date, but I guess this would need to be clarified for "new readers", hence the note at the end of the chapter.

Well obviously she did. The fun part is that I always remembered the core story for this prequel, which I did in turn mention back when the first ideas came about, that this story would just be a re-telling of what the Jubi said in Returns, which in turn would sort of make this story's main plot-points already given and revealed; like the Sanada Massacre, Hagoromo bringing back his wife, his wife finally dying in childbirth, and so on.

I actually decided to bring Naomasa in after watching the final or so episode to the series I linked you guys to back in chapter 4 I believe. The way he went after Yukimura determined to bring him down fearing the future, even if he was in captivity, that impression somehow stuck with me and thus I decided to make him similar to that in my story. And just like how he ends up fighting alongside Yukimura to rescue those villagers from Kotaro Fuma and dies in that episode, Naomasa ends up battling alongside Hagoromo's children and ends up dying here as well as you can see later on (which you already know). I still liked him even with this radical behavior of his. Somehow, he reminded me of Tadakatsu himself, only that unlike Tadakatsu, he ended up seeing the "light" like Mitsuhide did, in the end.

What I liked about this chapter is that Hagoromo doesn't seem to fear death anymore, to the point that he's letting everyone go despite the risk of them attempting his life again in the future. He even seeks out the source himself and alone, attempting to bring them over to his side. In a way, you could say that Naruto shares the similar trait in the manga, and since Naruto is supposed to be Hagoromo's reincarnation in my story, it all makes more sense.

Sure ^__^
Glad you liked this chapter and what it tried to do setting up the final two chapters ;)

Chapter 16:

I think it was always meant to be brief to resemble the manga panels. In a way, the plan was to lead into those scenes without creating something new or redoing them. I couldn't come up with something to add here honestly xd

Believe it or not, I was actually considering maintaining the 1st Person view, only that Hagoromo would be telling it from the afterlife. Another idea was that I would shift the view to Hamura on the moon who was still alive, and have him recount the events that happened after Hagoromo's death (as he had heard them). I even thought of changing the view directly to Ashura himself, but in the end opted to stick to the original plan of continuing where chapter 1 left off in 3rd person. That was the easiest route to go and it didn't unnecessarily restrict my way of writing like it might have if I did it one of the other ways. This way, I could still be "in the middle of the action."

Yeah writing this scene was more or less the last fun bits I had writing this story. Don't get me wrong, chapter 17 had its points as well, but most of what I came up with in 17 was taken from existing story except the small Jashin part. Sure, I had the details of what I wanted Hagoromo to say to his kids in his final moments, but I hadn't planned out the emotion and the reaction to such an extent. It gave me room to be creative as I wrote, and I too particular liked Indra's reactions. Somehow I pictured him to be a mix between Madara and Sasuke when I wrote him, while I guess I pictured Ashura to be more different than his "reincarnations" in the manga, Hashirama and Naruto. I think I imagined Ashura to be more his own man, but also maintaining some traits from existing characters in this universe.

I did talk about it in my notes, but Jashin was thrown into the mix in the last minute sort of as a cameo appearance. I would have loved to have made a huge fight here, but I was really running out of ideas and spirit at that point, so I went the route I did here, having the three of them combining their strength to win the battle, and then having the two brothers to continue their fight. In a way, this resembles Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura in the manga against Kaguya, and Sasuke and Naruto at the Valley of the End later on.

Once again, happy you liked it =)

It's kind of weird to be remembering all these small details that falls into place and connects things like that, but looking at the bigger picture, it is pretty neat to be able to throw references towards my past Series at times like this. If I wanted, I suppose I could throw a lot of it out the window and no one would have noticed xd

Sure you're welcome :p Funny thing now is that one would almost like to think that re-reading the entire Timeline in one go would make everything fit perfectly together, but even I know it's not as simple as that. I based a lot of stuff on pre-made notes and I might obviously have forgotten a thing or two being that I only re-read my first story once, and never re-read any of the ones that came after (Returns, Legacy, Series Finale, One-Shot, The Forgotten Tale). Most of it came from memory and from notes I penned down for the future back then knowing I would forget about them otherwise...

Having Jashin on display would force me, for the first time in ages, to come up with completely new powers to showcase. Just that researching progress alone would take days I imagine xd As long as you understand my point of view and possibly agree with it, I'm fine ;D

Chapter 17:

Yeah to be honest, I had actually imagined the 3 last chapters to be bigger than this, especially the two last ones, but being that I had pushed out pretty big chapters all over the line since chapter 6, I deemed it fitting for the last remaining ones to mirror the first chapters in that way. It was because of a lack of content though and the fact that I didn't see a reason to extend things pointlessly. That is also why this 3-1 release came to be like I think I mentioned.

3: Yeah I found this idea to be one of the brightest I've had in awhile. I always planned to go back to that chapter as well as some other ones as my notes "told me" to do, but as I re-read the dialogues, I figured I would actually re-use them. To me, this is the coolest thing I've done in the connecting my stories together department.

4: You will be the first to know ;) If you can stay in touch with the FB chats that is, haha. I'll let people know on NB regardless of that ;)

It sure took a lot of effort to pull off. Glad you sticked around from the beginning to the end my friend. Feels only like yesterday when I released my very first chapter and you were there to comment on it 5 years ago ;)

Chapter 15
Yeah, and I wish there were more readers, it sucks that the manga was over before you were able to finish your saga :(

Yeah, it’s my fault and I feel terrible about the FB chat. words cannot express how bad I feel T_T

I see, well like I has said, the surnames were a great choice on your part! ^^

I wish I could’ve recalled more from TLSoK but I mean, you always did a fantastic job of attempting to hint at something or simply gave your insight into certain things so thanks for that.

I see and thanks again for your insight, I really like when you explain your reasoning behind things :)

Nice point of view on Hagoromo and Naruto =D

Chapter 16
I didn’t think of that but since you say that, I can see what you mean about brief and manga panel, it fits ;)

That very interesting to know and even more, that you actually thought of writing this story from Hamura’s perspective which in my opinion, would’ve been pretty epic but I see what you mean and I liked what you did anyways =D

That really great to know, thanks for sharing and I love that you mixed up Madara/Sasuke into Indra’s emotions! ^^ And yeah, I can see how you gave Ashura a little of Hashirama/Naruto but also making up his character traits yourself, kudos to you! ;)

Yeah, I can see that as well. the two fights in the end did, in my opinion resemble the two ending fights in the manga :)

Yes, I still stay shocked at how you can recall so many things but also like you said it’s kind of become one with you working with it for so long but it’s still pretty amazing and you’ve helped me to recall many things which has helped me to read your story with much more ease so thank you again for that! ;)

Chapter 17
That's interesting but even though the three chapters were shortened immensely, I think you did phenomenally in how you presented the story ^^

3 See, that’s what I’m talking about, you’re a genius :)

4 I see, it’s reassuring but I’ll try to catch it on the chat ;p

Yeah, that’s crazy when you think about it but I’m happy that I was there and here now! =D

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Chapter 15
Yeah, and I wish there were more readers, it sucks that the manga was over before you were able to finish your saga :(

Yeah, it’s my fault and I feel terrible about the FB chat. words cannot express how bad I feel T_T

I see, well like I has said, the surnames were a great choice on your part! ^^

I wish I could’ve recalled more from TLSoK but I mean, you always did a fantastic job of attempting to hint at something or simply gave your insight into certain things so thanks for that.

I see and thanks again for your insight, I really like when you explain your reasoning behind things :)

Nice point of view on Hagoromo and Naruto =D

Chapter 16
I didn’t think of that but since you say that, I can see what you mean about brief and manga panel, it fits ;)

That very interesting to know and even more, that you actually thought of writing this story from Hamura’s perspective which in my opinion, would’ve been pretty epic but I see what you mean and I liked what you did anyways =D

That really great to know, thanks for sharing and I love that you mixed up Madara/Sasuke into Indra’s emotions! ^^ And yeah, I can see how you gave Ashura a little of Hashirama/Naruto but also making up his character traits yourself, kudos to you! ;)

Yeah, I can see that as well. the two fights in the end did, in my opinion resemble the two ending fights in the manga :)

Yes, I still stay shocked at how you can recall so many things but also like you said it’s kind of become one with you working with it for so long but it’s still pretty amazing and you’ve helped me to recall many things which has helped me to read your story with much more ease so thank you again for that! ;)

Chapter 17
That's interesting but even though the three chapters were shortened immensely, I think you did phenomenally in how you presented the story ^^

3 See, that’s what I’m talking about, you’re a genius :)

4 I see, it’s reassuring but I’ll try to catch it on the chat ;p

Yeah, that’s crazy when you think about it but I’m happy that I was there and here now! =D

I'll keep this short for obvious reasons xD

15:

Like I mentioned in my other reply though, this section began declining long before the manga ended xd

Lmao, no worries at all!! At this point, I don't really see the importance of what was said there anyways xd Truth been told, the collaboration fic between Ryan and I are still "only" up in the air so to speak. I mean, none of us are making the push for it although I suppose we both can find a way and time to start working on it if we put our minds to it xd We shall see what happens...

16:

Well it is only a given that I recall them xd For a reader however there's obviously limits. If you were to ask me things about your Black Despair now, I would find it troublesome to recall certain events and plot-points as well without giving it another read xO

17:

A fun thing to consider is that last year marked the end for my "FanFic" writing. Whatever I choose to write next, it will be original and not just original from a certain point of view (no matter how original some of my later stories have seemed at times, they've always ended up relying heavily on the theme they portrayed). The only question mark is the stuff I've been mentioning to you through PM which I at this point don't think will need to have/keep the Master Sword connection like it would have had otherwise if it was written in chronology (like the 3 scenes doesn't need to mention the sword specifically). Neither is it a given that if a full project one day comes to fruition, the Master Sword has to be in it. I might change it for originality since it's the only thing that keeps it from being totally original I guess.

And before you ask why I mention this here now, it's because the rest won't see this before they have caught up, haha XD

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I'll keep this short for obvious reasons xD

15:

Like I mentioned in my other reply though, this section began declining long before the manga ended xd

Lmao, no worries at all!! At this point, I don't really see the importance of what was said there anyways xd Truth been told, the collaboration fic between Ryan and I are still "only" up in the air so to speak. I mean, none of us are making the push for it although I suppose we both can find a way and time to start working on it if we put our minds to it xd We shall see what happens...

16:

Well it is only a given that I recall them xd For a reader however there's obviously limits. If you were to ask me things about your Black Despair now, I would find it troublesome to recall certain events and plot-points as well without giving it another read xO

17:

A fun thing to consider is that last year marked the end for my "FanFic" writing. Whatever I choose to write next, it will be original and not just original from a certain point of view (no matter how original some of my later stories have seemed at times, they've always ended up relying heavily on the theme they portrayed). The only question mark is the stuff I've been mentioning to you through PM which I at this point don't think will need to have/keep the Master Sword connection like it would have had otherwise if it was written in chronology (like the 3 scenes doesn't need to mention the sword specifically). Neither is it a given that if a full project one day comes to fruition, the Master Sword has to be in it. I might change it for originality since it's the only thing that keeps it from being totally original I guess.

And before you ask why I mention this here now, it's because the rest won't see this before they have caught up, haha XD
I see, I was a little off on my assumption. I don’t understand, I mean the Base isn’t only Naruto related. You can comment on other manga discussions, FF, etc. I wonder why the members count depleted.

Well at least your collabfic isn’t canceled as of yet so there is still hope :)

You’re definitely right, I see your point lol

I see, well thanks for informing me and I only hope for the best ;)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see, I was a little off on my assumption. I don’t understand, I mean the Base isn’t only Naruto related. You can comment on other manga discussions, FF, etc. I wonder why the members count depleted.

Well at least your collabfic isn’t canceled as of yet so there is still hope :)

You’re definitely right, I see your point lol

I see, well thanks for informing me and I only hope for the best ;)
People got bored. Once you've played the same game for too long, you want to do something else I suppose :rolleyes: xd

Yeah. The weird part is that I actually, for the first time in 4 years, feel indifferent about doing it. Of course I like the plot we have in mind and obviously I think I would benefit with working with Ryan to see how a collaboration can be formed. But now that I've finished my own stories that took 5 whole years, I might be a bit more burned out than I like to admit, haha. Even though I still want to write, I feel like I want to call it a day for a while also.

We shall see indeed. Hopefully I'll get some new reviews here soon xD I can't expect you to keep this going for much longer, that is for sure, haha XD ;D

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People got bored. Once you've played the same game for too long, you want to do something else I suppose :rolleyes: xd

Yeah. The weird part is that I actually, for the first time in 4 years, feel indifferent about doing it. Of course I like the plot we have in mind and obviously I think I would benefit with working with Ryan to see how a collaboration can be formed. But now that I've finished my own stories that took 5 whole years, I might be a bit more burned out than I like to admit, haha. Even though I still want to write, I feel like I want to call it a day for a while also.

We shall see indeed. Hopefully I'll get some new reviews here soon xD I can't expect you to keep this going for much longer, that is for sure, haha XD ;D
Well, I think starting something and not finishing it because you eventually become “bored” isn’t right. Shame on all those members who didn’t want to bother out of boredom or for whatever reason that wasn’t justified.

You’re definitely entitled for a long rest as you accomplished a series that spanned five years. I completely understand that you want to take a long break and if you decide not to come back to writing, that’s also completely understandable ;)

Yeah, I’m really hoping someone will read/post feedback. In any case, if it’s just because they were busy, then they will eventually come back and post here so we’ll see :)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I think starting something and not finishing it because you eventually become “bored” isn’t right. Shame on all those members who didn’t want to bother out of boredom or for whatever reason that wasn’t justified.

You’re definitely entitled for a long rest as you accomplished a series that spanned five years. I completely understand that you want to take a long break and if you decide not to come back to writing, that’s also completely understandable ;)

Yeah, I’m really hoping someone will read/post feedback. In any case, if it’s just because they were busy, then they will eventually come back and post here so we’ll see :)
Haha well you are too considerate I guess =P Quite frankly, even I've lost some sense of reading-will lately, being behind and not bothering to read anything of the works I follow. In a sense, it's a vicious circle or laziness I guess xD In fact, it's been over 2 months since I released these final chapters, and you are yet the only one to read them. Even worse, people have still to read the one before this xD In the past, people used to throw themselves over reading something but now everything seems to have become stale indeed, hmm...

Well now that we are talking about it, I think I've settled on doing my revisiting/complete series release for my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series for the 6th year anniversary (27th of July), which is also the 2nd year anniversary since I completed the Series Finale come the end of July. It's after I'm done with my term as well, which should give me time and will to finally do it. After that, I think I'll do the 3 acts of Three Kingdoms as I mentioned before, to sort of get me going for the National Novel Writing Month that comes in November, which I finally intend to participate xD Beside that, I think I'll see what happens with the collaboration if Ryan wants to do it some day, if not, I'll just leave it there I suppose. So yeah, not much to look forward to writing wise, and not much new content to look forward to either.
Alas, I do believe that it's fitting with the "times" since no one seems to be interested reading no more xD It's like it finally died down around here...

Well I do have Sinless (Devon), Trea and Jinrou with chapter 14 next on the list, which is kind of odd considering when each of them read chapter 13, but at least I have them all at the same chapter, so we'll see whenever one of them get a chance to check chapter 14 out. Fahad on the other hand is still at chapter 8, so I fear/believe that he'll be or has already ended up as another Kyon, Escorpiius, Nikkou and the rest xD Quite frankly, since it's already been 2 months, it doesn't feel that exciting to talk about past chapters at this date. Like the time for talk has already passed by and nobody cares no more, so to speak xD So I'll probably not have as much to say as I would have had to say about their reviews, when/if they finally arrive at some point.

For now though, I release you from replying duty as we might as well leave it at that, don't you think? xO Unless you got something exciting to add come two weeks down the road xd

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Haha well you are too considerate I guess =P Quite frankly, even I've lost some sense of reading-will lately, being behind and not bothering to read anything of the works I follow. In a sense, it's a vicious circle or laziness I guess xD In fact, it's been over 2 months since I released these final chapters, and you are yet the only one to read them. Even worse, people have still to read the one before this xD In the past, people used to throw themselves over reading something but now everything seems to have become stale indeed, hmm...

Well now that we are talking about it, I think I've settled on doing my revisiting/complete series release for my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series for the 6th year anniversary (27th of July), which is also the 2nd year anniversary since I completed the Series Finale come the end of July. It's after I'm done with my term as well, which should give me time and will to finally do it. After that, I think I'll do the 3 acts of Three Kingdoms as I mentioned before, to sort of get me going for the National Novel Writing Month that comes in November, which I finally intend to participate xD Beside that, I think I'll see what happens with the collaboration if Ryan wants to do it some day, if not, I'll just leave it there I suppose. So yeah, not much to look forward to writing wise, and not much new content to look forward to either.
Alas, I do believe that it's fitting with the "times" since no one seems to be interested reading no more xD It's like it finally died down around here...

Well I do have Sinless (Devon), Trea and Jinrou with chapter 14 next on the list, which is kind of odd considering when each of them read chapter 13, but at least I have them all at the same chapter, so we'll see whenever one of them get a chance to check chapter 14 out. Fahad on the other hand is still at chapter 8, so I fear/believe that he'll be or has already ended up as another Kyon, Escorpiius, Nikkou and the rest xD Quite frankly, since it's already been 2 months, it doesn't feel that exciting to talk about past chapters at this date. Like the time for talk has already passed by and nobody cares no more, so to speak xD So I'll probably not have as much to say as I would have had to say about their reviews, when/if they finally arrive at some point.

For now though, I release you from replying duty as we might as well leave it at that, don't you think? xO Unless you got something exciting to add come two weeks down the road xd
It’s great to see that you continued to reply and this one is surprisingly pretty big lol

I see, yes it sucks to feel lazy but it happens. I’m sorry to hear that your readers are still behind on your chapters -_-

Wow, 6 years anniversary! It’s so surreal you saying this now. Early congrats and I wish there were more people to celebrate with! T_T Still, I’m happy to hear that you’ll be continuing to write no matter how short of a time it’ll be for ^^

Nice, so it’s just a matter of time for these 3 readers to catch up but FaHaD, that’s hilarious. He is sooo behind LOL but I think it may be a little too early to give up on him just yet ;) It is sad to hear about Escorpiius, Nikkou, etc though -_-

LOL you predicted me replying something in 2 weeks if I decided to and that is more or less how much time passed before I did XD Now I’ll be the one saying you don’t have to reply back if you don’t want as it’s just casual talk at this stage :p ;)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It’s great to see that you continued to reply and this one is surprisingly pretty big lol

I see, yes it sucks to feel lazy but it happens. I’m sorry to hear that your readers are still behind on your chapters -_-

Wow, 6 years anniversary! It’s so surreal you saying this now. Early congrats and I wish there were more people to celebrate with! T_T Still, I’m happy to hear that you’ll be continuing to write no matter how short of a time it’ll be for ^^

Nice, so it’s just a matter of time for these 3 readers to catch up but FaHaD, that’s hilarious. He is sooo behind LOL but I think it may be a little too early to give up on him just yet ;) It is sad to hear about Escorpiius, Nikkou, etc though -_-

LOL you predicted me replying something in 2 weeks if I decided to and that is more or less how much time passed before I did XD Now I’ll be the one saying you don’t have to reply back if you don’t want as it’s just casual talk at this stage :p ;)
Lmao, well in that case, allow me to reply xD...

Well the thought just hit me... You were always meant to be my "first" and last reader I suppose xd Amongst 50-100 readers in 5 years, you were the only one to outlast them all, lmao. Trea ought to be here any moment I believe, but beyond that I'm not expecting much these days. Heck, it feels like half a year already since I released this one and the main points of it has already become cloudy to me, haha,

I suppose I did XD Wouldn't be the first prediction I've hit home close with but certainly not the first one I could have missed horribly with either xD

Like I mentioned before though, I'll probably pick up the pen again after this term finishes at school, which should be just in time for the anniversary. The idea of the complete Series thread has always been something I was certain I would end up doing, but as time dragged on and interests changed, I'm not sure if the same point still stands if I end up doing it/when I end up doing it.There were/still are so many plans for it, like a huge datebook detailing characters, timeline, lineage, alternative ending (yep, my TLSoK Returns originally had a bad ending as well but I ended up cutting it/deciding not to write it), fun facts, "predictions" that came true, revisiting of my first work, chronological order, etc... I'll probably do that one for fun now although the point of doing it for new readers no longer applies I suppose, and it might not even apply to old readers now either since the "storyline" of the first few stories might be lost to some people, including you xD In either case, I will be doing those 3 scenes from Three Kingdoms to warm up to National Novel Writing Month, but that's about all I got on the table, for NB at least...

With that said, I'm not entirely sure what else to add without feeling like repeating myself for the umpteenth time xd Kudos to you if you can find a way to extend this xd Until then ;)...

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lmao, well in that case, allow me to reply xD...

Well the thought just hit me... You were always meant to be my "first" and last reader I suppose xd Amongst 50-100 readers in 5 years, you were the only one to outlast them all, lmao. Trea ought to be here any moment I believe, but beyond that I'm not expecting much these days. Heck, it feels like half a year already since I released this one and the main points of it has already become cloudy to me, haha,

I suppose I did XD Wouldn't be the first prediction I've hit home close with but certainly not the first one I could have missed horribly with either xD

Like I mentioned before though, I'll probably pick up the pen again after this term finishes at school, which should be just in time for the anniversary. The idea of the complete Series thread has always been something I was certain I would end up doing, but as time dragged on and interests changed, I'm not sure if the same point still stands if I end up doing it/when I end up doing it.There were/still are so many plans for it, like a huge datebook detailing characters, timeline, lineage, alternative ending (yep, my TLSoK Returns originally had a bad ending as well but I ended up cutting it/deciding not to write it), fun facts, "predictions" that came true, revisiting of my first work, chronological order, etc... I'll probably do that one for fun now although the point of doing it for new readers no longer applies I suppose, and it might not even apply to old readers now either since the "storyline" of the first few stories might be lost to some people, including you xD In either case, I will be doing those 3 scenes from Three Kingdoms to warm up to National Novel Writing Month, but that's about all I got on the table, for NB at least...

With that said, I'm not entirely sure what else to add without feeling like repeating myself for the umpteenth time xd Kudos to you if you can find a way to extend this xd Until then ;)...
You “somehow scrambled up a reply”, bro you did more than that lol I thought it was going to be like 1 or 2 liner XD I was definitely surprised but it’s so like you to be able to produce a nicely sized post ;) And what can I say. I’m honored that to hear you say I’m the first and last reader but I’m glad that you still have Trea remaining who's still behind and she’s not the only one ;)

I see and lol at repeating like the umpteenth time :p I did like that new piece of info (or at least I think this is the first time I’ve heard of it) about your datebook. Perhaps you’ve mentioned it before but I of course cannot recall. Anyways, I think that is awesome how you created that for your fic but your fic did span for a long time so I can see why you did it. So cool bro! ;)

Well I tried to reply without sounding too much like stretching it out and this is it lol Thanks for the kudos and kudos to you for keeping it going as well XD ^^

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You “somehow scrambled up a reply”, bro you did more than that lol I thought it was going to be like 1 or 2 liner XD I was definitely surprised but it’s so like you to be able to produce a nicely sized post ;) And what can I say. I’m honored that to hear you say I’m the first and last reader but I’m glad that you still have Trea remaining who's still behind and she’s not the only one ;)

I see and lol at repeating like the umpteenth time :p I did like that new piece of info (or at least I think this is the first time I’ve heard of it) about your datebook. Perhaps you’ve mentioned it before but I of course cannot recall. Anyways, I think that is awesome how you created that for your fic but your fic did span for a long time so I can see why you did it. So cool bro! ;)

Well I tried to reply without sounding too much like stretching it out and this is it lol Thanks for the kudos and kudos to you for keeping it going as well XD ^^
Alas, in the end, you were the one and only person to stick it out from the 1st chapter way back in 2010 until this last one in late December 2015, 4 years ago, Ivan. And at least over a 100 different members stopped by throughout that journey, but none like you. What an achievement that is! And Imagine that, it has been 4 years already since I completed this, 4 years since I last wrote something in this Timeline I spent 5 years working on... It was one hell of a ride man for sure but like all things, it had to end one day. Time wait for no one sadly and in the end, only the memories remains which in time will be lost again...

Just too bad so many people over the years fell out and I wasn't able to finish this a lot sooner when everyone was still around so I could have given them the conclusion I felt they deserved to see, that they now never got to see. As if in the end it was all pointless...

Now even you are gone from the site, and despite the fact that you got the chance to read it all it still feels bittersweat and empty in a sense, like a bygone era lost to time and now only the memories of what once was remains as life goes on and the dust of time settles... Even if two others people got up all the way up to the chapter before these and fell off there, they only joined much later on and probably never read everything from the beginning neither. All that time spent, all those years... For what? Time I could have spent elsewhere, getting places in life. Seems kind of hollow looking back, but I'm sure there are still people out there whom benefited from the story and the good times we had together and brought those experiences and memories with them into their lives. Maybe one day I can look back and truly say it was all worth it, that it all paid off somehow in the end, we shall see...

Thanks for everything my friend, may we meet again one day and laugh about how enslaved we were at writing and reading stories on the Base. I will always remember those days. Take care wherever you are and whatever you now are doing, and best of luck on your future adventures. Until next time, see ya ;D

- Michael92... Signing out ~

• Sad
Reactions: Master Sword