Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Previous Chapters:

- How it all began, the Tale of The Sage of Six Paths Begins!
- Massacre
- The Master Sword & The Great Wizard
- As Destiny had Foretold, the First Jutsu Emerges
- Showdown
- The Otsutsuki Clan
- One's Destiny Bestowed, The Wizard's Final Lesson As The Samurai Clans Assembles
- The Tower of Death Part 1; A Test of Power, Courage & Wisdom - The Game Begins!
- The Tower of Death Part 2; Fist of Legend
- The Tower of Death Part 3; The Point of No Return

The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, Chapter 11;

The Tower of Death Part 4;
An Old Nemesis Returns:

'DEMISE!!'

I shouted out. The very name itself was the definition of evil, and the Demon Lord Demise was a master of turmoil and darkness – He craved it... He needed it... He lived for it...

This was the guy Naruto and Revan had fought millennia ago, the man, or rather, the demon who had dealt the fatal blow to Revan on that fateful day. I remembered what the Grandmaster had told me, but I still couldn't believe that it was him of all people, that it was that guy now standing in front of me. He didn't respond to my call but his nasty smile just kept getting bigger and bigger as a sinister laughter followed. This was definitely him, and I had to be utmost careful. The final floor of the Tower... Everything was set for the grand finale of the Game of Death...

Silence filled the room as I heard Revan's voice briefly speaking to me from the inside once more; "This is a battle you will have to win no matter what, Hagoromo. The fate of the world depends on it." With that, his voice was gone again, however, this wasn't a thought that Demise hadn't caught on to as well as he finally spoke; 'So you still exist in this world in some shape or form, Revan... I am surprised you recognize me in this appearance of mine. I suppose even with age, we can still sense each others' presence.' He had temporarily ceased his sinister smiling now, but he didn't seem to be the type to charge straight ahead. I looked at his face as I could easily tell that this guy had clung on to life for longer than he should have. His skin was grey and his head was bald, but the deformed structure of his nose, the deep scars on his chins, and the misplacement of his other facial attributes were what caught my attention. I couldn't understand how he had been able to live this long, for over 6000 years, but I expected that he somehow had managed to find a way to suck the life-force out of his opponents to extend his life beyond normal limits. This guy didn't know the meaning of dying...

Was he some sort of immortal like Naruto seemed to be? His old age had definitely affected his appearance so he wasn't just like Naruto however, but he had to be wise and powerful, perhaps even as powerful as Naruto was or at one point had been. If neither Revan nor Naruto had managed to deal with him back then, and if he hadn't died in his war with Ganondorf, how on earth would I be able to defeat him? I had to surpass all expectations – And more...

I remained calm as I looked at him, but I was more than ready to redraw my sword and leap into battle. With this guy however, I couldn't afford to be reckless, to be naive. I had to be collected, and I had to believe in myself, that I could overcome him. One final battle to settle the score; was this why Naruto and Revan had sent me here? To deal with Demise once and for all? But if they knew, why hadn't they taken care of him themselves? If they knew all along that he survived, then why?? As the questions pressed on inside my head, Demise began to move. Not as a means to attack however, but as a means to gaze at the surroundings. His robe covered his entire body as it dragged along the ground behind him as he went. I carefully repositioned myself, always moving, always making sure that he was directly in front of me at all times, no matter where in the room I was standing. I had no idea of what power he possessed, I had no idea of his strength, and I had no idea of his speed... A second could be all he needed to end this. As we continued to walk around the room in a circle, keeping our distance as we did, an intense feeling came over me. It wasn't fear, but it was as if I wanted to get things over with. So many emotions crossing my mind, so many questions breaking through my concentration. Demise then spoke again, still keeping his calm yet sinister tone; 'You have many questions, I can feel it...' Keeping his hands behind his back under his robe, Demise then looked up towards the ceiling as if eying something. 'This room... It's quite peculiar don't you think??' I didn't know what to say, what did he mean? What did he desire at this very moment? I let my concentration go for a mere moment to look around, but not as long as it would take for me to lose it completely. In what was a mix of share instinct and eagerness, I drew the Master Sword and pointed it at him, reading myself. He looked back at me baffled, before he continued his stroll around the room, looking all around. 'Oh... You want to battle already? People these days, always so quickly to act. I sense that your sword is not an ordinary one, is it?? Hmm... The very smell of it... Ahh... It's Revan's old sword, isn't it? The one he insisted on using when he went up against me with that other strange fellow all those years ago... If you are in possession of it, I suppose I can't afford to be careless, even after all this time...' He then stopped as he looked back at me. He was smiling no more...

With my back positioned towards the staircase I had come from earlier once more, our eyes met again. Keeping the sword firmly ahead of me, I was ready for anything. Having had my strength and stamina restored by Revan earlier, I was prepared to do whatever it would take to win this, but at the same time, I had now more to lose than ever before. Not just that of my own interests, but the entire world's as well. I could sense it now; I understood what Revan meant with his words... Hamura and Bruce were depending on me as well. What I didn't manage to get however was Demise's agenda... Why would he be up here? What would he be hoping to achieve? Was his goals still the same? Was he after the treasure that was said to be up here or had he orchestrated the whole thing? If that was the case, then why? Sensing my conflicting devotion between whether to ask or to go to battle, Demise took to the word again. 'You remind me of Revan somehow... I can sense your uncertainty. Not just for the current moment, but for bigger, deeper things in life. You feel you have been chosen for something, something you have yet to discover the meaning of??' Reaching his hands out in the air to the sides almost as if shrugging at me, it was as if he was trying to read my mind, to analyze me. 'I remember very well that day, the final day, the final battle between Revan and I. For so long had our sides fought... For peace, for dominance; two sides of the same coin. Revan followed me here to this planet and put an end to my plans back then, but not without giving his life for the cause, or his solid form, his vessel of flesh and blood anyways...'

I instantly realized that Demise was about to lecture me... Still the questions pressed; "Was this the moment to strike unexpectedly, or could I learn a thing or two about the history of this world that neither Naruto, Revan nor the Grandmaster had told me? Could I learn a thing or two about my opponent, to better grasp his powers, his origins, and therein find the key to defeating him?" I had to make a choice, and for now, I chose the latter... But there was no way I would let down my guard even so, I had to be prepared for everything and anything no matter what he said. He continued; 'What Revan didn't realize with his dying breath however, was that I was not yet defeated. His companion still lived at that point, and with what he thought was the finishing blow, he sent me flying. That wasn't the end for me however, I still lived on, I refused to die. As the final remaining Sith Lord, it was my duty to outlive the Jedi, and I did... I have.' He paused for a second as he said that... There was so much to this demon, to their story, that I could only try to imagine where they even came from. Revan, Hylia, Demise... What else lied out there beyond the realm of the stars, of the sky? 'Healing my wounds, I clung on to life as I bode my time, trying to figure out this world and its inhabitants. I had no way to return to our realm, to get off this rock. Much like Revan's ship, mine was destroyed as well. So I did just that, I bode my time... When my strength had somewhat returned however, I prematurely tried to seize this land for myself. These simple-minded creatures, this young breed of humans would not be any match for me and my powers. I was sadly mistaken. Once again I was defeated, by a man that was said to be my very own reincarnation by the people. Reincarnation? Of me? On Earth?! Bah! No such thing, not amongst these beings. Regardless, he did possess unexplainable powers, and the war that went between us for the control of the land dealt a severe blow on me, a blow I never truly recovered from, nor have fully since. I was weak, I was defeated... But I was not dead, not yet. I returned to the shadows, once more biding my time. It was not the right moment to come forth, I had underestimated those living on this "Earth," I had been overly trusting in my own powers. Overconfidence had once more let me down, but I knew there was no stopping me just yet. There was no way I was going to accept defeat. Years passed by as civilization formed. This primitive race began to form into what we knew from out there in the galaxy. This young planet was not so young anymore, and it would only be a matter of time before something would happen. Then one day this "new" race descended upon this world. They called themselves the Otsutsuki race... That was when I knew, the power-balance in the galaxy had changed. It was no longer ruled by Sith or Jedi. The once primitive race of the Otsutsuki had become immensely powerful... I can even sense that now, in you. You are a member of the Otsutsuki clan, aren't you? I can feel it. It's been millennia since I battled with one – I was still just a Sith Warrior back then... I have been sensing your approach for a while now, sensing your powers, and this battle of ours, is something I have been patiently waiting for, for some time now...' Pausing once more, Demise broke his eye-contact with me as he began strolling back and forth in front of me, still with his hands behind his back. Something was up, but what exactly?? What was his reason for stalling this battle?? I could only ponder further, waiting for him to get to his ultimate point...

'After my battle with Ganondorf, I waited for many, many years before making my next move... Then once more not long ago, I ventured out of the shadows as I had caught on, sensed that something was astray... Yes, what I had sensed was the presence of holy beings besides the increasing numbers of Otsutsuki. This new presence, these new beings, were more powerful than any Sith or Jedi I had sensed before. Who were these beings? I still don't know, but their powers-... I wanted it; this was what I had waited for – A new chance to rise. As soon as their presence was felt however, equally as fast were they gone. Nevertheless, they did leave something behind for us...' 'Yeah??...' Having remained silent for more or less the entire time since I came here, I decided to finally reply, asking carefully for what he meant to find out more of what he knew... 'We're standing in it right now! This Tower was built by those divine beings, and I had to know why. I easily made it passed this so-called challenge of theirs; their guardians were no match for me. At the top, something awaited, something I knew would change this world, the fate of the galaxy, forever...' Temporarily halting, he looked at me again. He was determined...

'There was but one problem, I couldn't get to it. Yes... You have sensed it too, haven't you? This room isn't just another floor, another challenge, it also houses the legendary artifact that the gods left behind, for us to claim! With its powers, I can restore the Sith and once more rule the galaxy!!' Unfaltering, fully devoted... Demise's goal was still dominance, and somehow, he had found the means to acquire the power necessary once more. But what was stopping him from claiming it? He then took a small step to the side as he pointed into the remaining space of the room behind him, and as he did, a barrier of sorts came to view. It revealed the content of a secret room inside, like a force-field protecting it. Snapping his fingers, the barrier was soon deactivated as the holy artifact came to view, gravitating in the air before us. Walking over to this triangle-shaped treasure, Demise reached his hand out for it only to be prevented by another barrier of shorts, this time not of his own doing and seemingly a lot more powerful than anything he ever could create. 'As you can see, the artifact is protected by powers even I can't break. For the last decade I've been here studying it, trying to find a way through to claim that power for myself, but to no avail. Whatever I can think of, it's always in vain...' So that was stopping him then, but why or even how? I then decided to speak my mind about all this; 'So you want this power for yourself then, to once more rule? I'm afraid I can't let you do that.' I was content, but I lacked the will to act at the moment. There was more to this and there was only one way to find out, so I waited. Staying my blade, I paid close attention to not only Demise, but now the artifact as well...

'But you are curious now that you see it for yourself, aren't you Hagoromo...' He even knew my name... Not that I was particularly surprised. 'Its powers can do good, or it can do bad... Whatever the wielder of it desires. It is called the "Triforce", and I am certain that is why you came here, or rather, why you were sent here by Revan, wasn't it? He must have felt it too in his "form." That is why this meeting of ours is more than a coincident. We were always meant to meet. Only a man of a pure righteous heart can gain access to it; that is what I've figured out in these past ten years. There seems to be no other way to it, and this is where you come into play... I have been awaiting my time, hoping that one day, a new challenger, someone extraordinary, would come and clear this trial as I did, someone I could use to my advantage to gain-... Access, to the Triforce. The guardians that now were in place, the ones you faced off against, were made up of two sides, two factions. One part were the remaining guardians that survived my encounter with them, the other half were demons, shadows of myself and my desires. They were made to make sure that no one who weren't worthy or qualified would come up here to bother me.' Hearing this, I immediately cut in. 'Like the three other challengers that came before us you mean...' I mumbled, thinking back at the three people who had arrived before Bruce, Hamura and I, and that by no means had anything to do here, undertaking this challenge. 'Exactly... A righteous heart alone is not enough to claim the Triforce however... Beating the guardians alone does not equal getting your hands on the price. You must have Courage, Power and Wisdom as well, or so does it say.' 'What do you mean?' I followed up. By now those three abilities had been mentioned time and time again, not only by Naruto and Revan, but now by Demise as well. What was so special about having those abilities? How did Demise know you required that and not power alone? 'The Triforce is alive... Well, technically at least. With certain abilities, you can sense the gods through it, like I have. For ten years they have tempted me, for ten years I've been unable to break through; but no more. With your help, this power will be mine.' His vicious smile had returned, but I checked my tongue at his taunt. 'The demons I created which you faced inhabited fragments of my powers, relying on something called the "Force." This new thing that the Otsutsuki clan seem to rely on... "Chakra," isn't it? Well the Force, yet similar, is nothing like it. The demons you faced are nothing like the full power of the Force, and if you refuse to cooperate with me, I will let you feel the full power of the dark side... And I can promise you that your little make-believe power of Chakra, will not be able to stand against it...' He was laughing loudly now. Surely he was full of himself, but I knew he probably had reasons to...

He continued; 'However, I have a feeling we can come to an agreement, so instead of destroying you, I will let you live on those terms, that is why I'm letting you know about the Triforce now. In case you don't believe my words, I can promise you that every opponent I have faced up through the years are long gone from this realm... My powers are far more complex now than before, as I have relied on my opponents to learn. The demons you faced reflected opponents I faced in the past, as I absorbed parts of their powers as they died, using it to form my own army. Not only recreating their powers, but their image as well. Seeing as you have overcome them and is the second one to complete this challenge, I know you will have what I lack to gain access to the Triforce. That is why, you should do just that... Go and claim it...'

Stepping aside, Demise once more pulled the hood over his head to cover his face. It was as if he waited for me to go over to the Triforce, as if he simply invited me, urge me to do so. What was I supposed to do? If Demise wanted me to gain that power, I surely couldn't do as he pleased? Surely he had some ulterior motive to gain access to the power as well if I did? But if that was the case, why on earth would Revan and Naruto send me here in the first place? Wouldn't it all be better if I never came at all? That way, Demise would never gain access to it. I was confused indeed...

'What are you waiting for?? Wasn't your purpose of coming here to seize the prize for yourself?' His tone changed once more as if he was trying to convince me, but I knew there were no tricks nor illusions he could pull off that would convince me to do his bidding. I had heard enough. Revan and Naruto didn't send me here to claim the artifact, they sent me here to slain Demise once and for all, and that was what I had to do. 'I suppose you are right...' I feinted. 'Good... Good... Then claim it, gain the powers you seek and become stronger than any being who has walked this planet before you...' Pretending to walk towards the Triforce, still with the Master Sword firmly in my hand, I then proceeded to swing my sword rapidly at Demise, hoping to catch him off guard. Surely I didn't think it would be that easy, now did I? In a blast, I was suddenly sent flying, so hard that I crashed into the wall and remained there with a powerful wave pinning me down. Was this the powers of the Force that he had talked about? Slowly approaching me, Demise began to laugh, more cynical than ever before. 'You take me for a fool boy?? I am so disappointed in you... Alas, I will have my way and once you are broken, you will obey...' Having his hands pointed at me, it was as if he somehow managed to grab a hold on to my body as he started flinging me around the room, smashing me times and times again, hard to the ground; to which point I lost my grip of the Master Sword, watching panic-struck as it left my grasp. It landed beside Demise, as he simply restrained me mid-air before he reached his hand down to grab the sword, curious to see what its powers were all about. 'So this sword of yours Revan... I wonder how it is that you managed to create it, for it to be able to face off against the lightsabers...' Just as his hand came in contact with it however, a bright light emerged from it and blasted Demise backwards on his back, with him letting out a loud gasp as he did. His hood blew straight off his head again due to the force of the blast, and with that sudden turn of events, he also lost the grip of me as I fell to the ground again, struggling to regain my composure – But not for long...

Quickly getting back on my feet again, I ran over to the Master Sword as I picked it up and leaped towards Demise to strike him down. Just as I was about to reach him however, a fierce storm of lightning, far outmatching the electrical powers of the last guardian, shot out from his fingertips as I was blasted backwards, faster than I had approached him. It was as if my entire body was burning as I gasped out in pain. Getting back on his feet again, Demise approached me as he continued to intensify his electrical grip of me, forcing me to remain on the ground in pain. Just as I thought my heart was about to stop and I about to die, Demise halted his attack. I rolled over in pain, trying to crawl away from him but to no use. He quickly caught up as he kicked me over, zapping me once more. Those seconds felt like hours before he finally ceased again. I had no idea how long I would be able to take it, but somehow I had to find a way to turn this around, somehow... Turning his back on me, he then walked slowly towards the Triforce again. I was gasping for air as I was struggling to get back up, refusing to let him get the better of me. 'I will say this much, you have potential, but you are yet weak. If I didn't need you to gain access to this Triforce, you would surely be dead by now. I will not let this be my undoing however, so if I can't get you to cooperate, I will just have to take my chance on a new apprentice later on, no matter how much time it will take before that someone places foot in here...' 'Apprentice?!! What are you talking about?!' Barely being able to stand up to my feet I shouted out at him, still holding on to the Master Sword, only this time, I was a bit more reluctant to leaping forward recklessly...

'But isn't it obvious? Did you really think I would just let you get all this power for yourself? No... I will be the one pulling the strings all the way, I can assure you that.' Was he playing with me? If it hadn't been for him needing me alive, he would have surely roasted me by now... I had to use that to my advantage, but I had to play this smart. One wrong move would spell the end of me. This guy had definitely killed all the guardians that once were here. As he said himself, at least half of them were demons merely reflecting his past opponents' powers. That was why the guardian of the first floor that was supposedly the Grandmaster's student didn't answer when I called out to him back then, it all made sense now. I was panting heavily... If I only could gain access to the Triforce somehow in order to stop Demise instead of helping him. 'I will not let you have your way, Demise... For far too long have you been allowed to roam this world, clinging on to life through unnatural means. Several times over have you escaped death, but no more. I will never fall prey to your schemes; you will never be allowed to control me in order to do your dark deeds... You hear me? NEVER!!' Turning around, he merely looked at me... He then said; 'Your hatred makes you stronger, doesn't it? You want to strike me down and put an end to me, don't you? You are even more foolish than Revan and his master were... Only through the power of the Force can you become strong like me. Don't you see? It is your destiny to fall beneath me, to learn my ways. It has been foreseen...' 'I would rather die than give in to you...' 'Then I am afraid you will have to die, just like every other person who has dared to stand against me and kept me from my goals...' In what seemed to be a desperate move, I pushed myself forward towards him, still pretty shaken up from the electricity he had forced through my body earlier. Firing off more lightning, Demise sought to bring me down again but this time I blocked it with the Master Sword, watching as the bolts were reflected away. Being pushed back, I refused to give in as I forced myself towards him. I was moving at such slow pace however, that Demise didn't even care to put up his guard. Instead, he closed his eyes as he put his hands together in some sort of meditating position, not too far-away looking from what the hand-seals I had to make in order to performs Ninjutsu looked like. From the ground between us, a dark shadow then suddenly emerged. A new opponent now suddenly stood in front of me...

'Why, what is the point of this?!' Shouting out, I tried to call Demise's bluff but he quickly countered me, as he continued to walk around in the room to gain some distance. 'Despair is only one key to breaking you. If I wanted to kill you right away, there wouldn't be a need for this. I am certain you will see my way in the end, no matter how much you refuse. With this, I will break you and win you over, simple as that. Besides, I shouldn't use up all my powers merely fighting you directly and thus putting myself at risk; that would be pointless even for me... Let's see how well you defend against this.' Paying close attention to what was happening before me as I slowly began to regain my breath, the shadow in front of me fully formalized. There was no way I could ever have guessed who this shadow which Demise had created would symbolize, but I would soon to my disbelief, discover who...

'I'm not sure if you are acquainted with this guy... Of course not, why would you be? You're nowhere near strong enough to realize the powers that can be drawn forth from that weapon Revan left behind, the one you seem to put so much trust in now...' The shadow looked like a dark twisted version of a man who once used to live, but there was no way I could tell who the person could be. In his left hand he had a sword, not too unlike the one I had, in his right hand a shield, far stronger and robust than any other shield I had ever seen. The man wasn't just a shadow anymore; it was as if his character traits began to show. Then, his eyes began beaming red... Was this how Demise had created those guardians of his before? Was this an early stage of the process in which he used the powers of opponents he had faced before to recreate them in his image? 'This shadow represents someone who has wielded that sword before you... Yes, I can sense it. His name was... "Link"?' He paused. Link? Link who? He was a former wielder of the Master Sword? But how, how could Demise know that or even summon him in the first place? 'Don't worry though, this dark shadow is just a mindless form with no personality whatsoever. It has only an intent to kill, on my command. I didn't even know the sword Revan created possessed such powers, but it seems like part of the souls of the sword's former masters rests inside of it... So that is how Revan is able to cling on to life I take it... To think he came up with something like that, I am impressed... Alas, it will be your undoing.' "How did Demise know of this and how was he able to pull forth what seemed to be a dark shadow of one of the former wielders of the Master Sword to fight for his side? This was information I had just recently discovered through Naruto and Revan themselves, and even then didn't I know how to use this to my advantage. Could it be??" Thinking back, I realized that something must have happened the moment Demise came in contact with the Master Sword earlier. Somehow, he must have found a way to break into it, but how? I could only ponder further as before I knew it, two more shadows appeared beside this shadow of Link. As I repeated the name to myself, I remembered back to the stories the grandmaster had told me. Link was the 5th wielder of the Master Sword, the one who had finished off Ganondorf for good. That had been millennia ago however, so I had no idea how much this shadow of Demise would represent him, nor how powerful he would be. And that was just the first one amongst them...

'Do I sense despair in you yet, Hagoromo? But this is only the beginning! Now you will feel how it is to go up against your predecessors and taste the powers of the sword for yourself, Master Sword versus Master Sword... Next, I give you-... Ahh, yes... "Aragon" and "Levi"...' He wasn't joking either. Just as soon as they had emerged, equally soon had they formalized. Taking form, the two new shadows shaped into two fierce-looking warriors. I didn't know which one of them to steer my focus at, but I had to remain utmost concentrated. If history was anything to go by, all of these guys were strong as hell. I took a step back, still struggling to fully regain my composure from those electrical attacks Demise had inflicted upon me earlier. Steering the Master Sword slowly back and forth in front of me, alternating between my foes, I was anticipating which of the shadows first to attack. What I didn't know was that Demise had only just begun however. Sitting down at the other side of the room, resting his legs in a meditating position beside the Triforce, he then closed his eyes as yet another two shadows emerged. There were now six shadows in the room as they had surrounded me on all sides. I was in quite a predicament...

'Hmm... I'm not too sure about these two, but I can sense that they share a strong bond together... Ahh, their names are "Xuan" and "Ike"...' Demise mumbled, as if trying not to break his own concentration. 'The Master Sword seems to tell little about who these guys were and what they stood for, but I can suspect that just like Revan and yourself included, they were all for justice, hmm... If I somehow could just find a way to bring forth part of their personalities as well, this could really be fun.' 'You wouldn't dare!' I retorted. Despair had indeed slowly begun to creep in on me. Not only did I have Demise to think about, who by all means seemed a heck of a lot stronger than me or any foes I had faced off before, but now, I had to worry about this as well? I could see it now, his plans... Beat me down to a pulp, and then twist my emotions to have his ways... I couldn't have it, there was no way I was going to sink to that level, even if it meant the end of me. I had come this far, and I was not about to falter, not yet. Demise then spoke again; 'Link... Aragon... Levi... Xuan... Ike... What else does the sword tell me??... Oh really?... Let's try that then...' 'What are you planning Demise?! Surely you can't be this full of yourself??' I was turning rapidly around at a 360 degrees' angle now, in order to intercept any first attack that would come my way. But even so, I couldn't lose eyes on Demise. A small opening could be all he ever needed...

He then revealed what he was planning and if matters weren't worse already, things would go completely out of hands if his next move succeeded. 'It seems like there's two more parts of two more souls resting inside this sword as well... One is Revan's and the other is-... So that's the guy who fought alongside Revan all those years ago, so he was the one who carried on Revan's legacy afterwards? Interesting... I remember his face now... His name was "Menma," wasn't it??' "Menma?" I thought to myself. It had to be "Naruto" he was referring to, after all, Naruto was the one who had gone up against Demise with Revan all those years ago. Didn't Revan know Naruto's true identity? Or maybe it was just Demise? 'After he sent me flying with that attack, I did look far and wide to find that man named Menma who helped Revan again, as soon as I was strong enough. I would have my revenge now that Revan was dead, but no matter how far I looked or how deep my search was, I could never find him, never sense his presence. It seems like you know him... Ahh, so he's still alive. I wonder how he's been able to live this long like I, but I can sense his powers alright. They far outrank the powers he possessed back then... He was having some type of memory failure? That is why he had trouble remembering back then. I get it now! It was always about that guy, wasn't it? The wormholes through time! My entire scheme revolved around that guy... And here I thought he was some ordinary guy Revan came across, but what a fool I had been! I thought he had died years ago, but he yet lives! No wonder I could never find him again to have my revenge, no wonder he possessed such strange powers. Maybe I should intensify my search and track him down if this plan with the Triforce fails. If I can turn him to my side, I would surely-...' 'There's no way I'm going to let you do that Demise! As long as I am standing, you will not succeed!' He looked at me with a pale expression on his face. At this stage he didn't see me as any threat at all, and I could sense it. Who could blame him, I was completely surrounded. It was only a matter of time before the fight of my life would begin...

'Ahh, well let's break that attitude of yours then, let's see how well you will face off against these shadows of mine, especially if I add a dark shadow of Revan and one of this-... Naruto, to the mix!! With his powers alone, no one will be able to stand against me!!' As he said, a powerful force of energy shot out of him as two more shadows began to take shape in front of him. I had to stop him now or I would be done for, but what could I do to break through these shadows that already had me surrounded? If I had to fight a dark shadow of Naruto, I would stand no chance and I knew it. I had only one hope now... Closing my eyes, but still using my senses to stay alert against any incoming attack, I tried to get in contact with the Master Sword itself and the souls that rested inside, but with no luck, not at first... Suddenly, I could sense him. It was Revan again, and he had been right all along. I just had to learn to depend on the Master Sword more often. I would not give in to this despair that I now found myself in. In the next moment, Revan himself suddenly emerged from the Master Sword and landed beside me, much to Demise's surprise. 'Revan, here?!' Before he could finish creating the two new shadows, the one that was supposed to represent Revan crumbled, much to Demise's dissatisfaction. Was it because he lost concentration, or was it because Revan himself now stood in the room? The next few events happened instantly in what seemed like a bright flash. Leaping forward, this transparent form of Revan flew straight passed the shadows standing around me as he came in touch with Demise himself...

Before I knew it, he was standing by my side again, as he reached out his hand and gently touched my shoulder. He then said; 'There was no way I could let you summon a dark version of neither myself nor Naruto, Demise... It was foolish of you to think that you could use the Master Sword against its wielder, did you seriously think that would work??' Hearing this, Demise let off a grunt, angered by Revan once more foiling his plans, even from the afterlife. Standing up to his feet, the two met eye-contact. As they did, I realized that the shadows around me began to melt as if they were beginning to lose form. Had Revan somehow, as the Master Sword's own creator, turned Demise's strategy to use the sword and its powers against me, useless? I didn't know how he had done it, but I was glad I finally decided to call out to the sword, just like he had advised me to once before. I was however beginning to feel that I was running out of tricks up my sleeve, and I knew there wouldn't be anymore "last minute saves" like that to be had, at least not from Revan. The next moment, he removed his hand as I felt that some of my powers had yet again been restored. I had never thought the Master Sword would be so much more than just a weapon for attack. With it, I felt almost unstoppable at the time, but I had yet to understand why such a powerful weapon had been left in my care even after all those years...

As the last shadow had disappeared, Revan continued; 'Hagoromo, I have done what I can... I had to use my last remaining powers to stop Demise from using the Master Sword's powers against you, so from here on and out, you will have to rely on your own Courage, Power and Wisdom to overcome him.' Hearing Revan speak so calmly about things, Demise's rage just grew more and more; 'To think that you of all people would still refuse to kick the can and oppose me, long after your downfall. You are pathetic and weak in this current form of yours, hiding inside that sword to extend your presence in this world. You dare lament my ways and goals? Even after all these years you are exactly the same, just like you Jedi scum always were.' Revan didn't even blink at this taunt. 'You said it yourself... We do whatever we must to further our goals either it be for Peace or Power. We may go about it different ways, but I knew even back then that you would never succeed with your plans Demise, and that is why you will finally be brought to an end this day.' 'Don't be so sure on yourself and this "dog" of yours, Revan. Yes, I suppose you don't even know the full context of what transpired after your death, do you? Even in this form of yours? Did Hylia ever get the chance to tell you how she died? Well, a humorous turn of events that was you could say. Don't you think she, as the last remaining Jedi, came to this planet too in order to make sure you had completed your task? She soon realized that I was still around and that she would try to finish me herself. You can think twice how that went...' Laughing out, it was as if Demise was trying to get one back at Revan, but once again to his surprise, Revan's knowledge got the better of him. 'Like I, she has found a way back to this realm after death. Her mission was so much more important than to make sure your existence had been terminated. That is why no one had bothered to hunt you down these past millennia, Demise. Because we knew you could do little to no harm as long as you were stranded on this planet. You should look into a mirror when you try to bring down other people; that is all I can be bothered to tell you at this stage. Your long overdue end comes today; this will be the final battle, Demise...' Turning to me, Revan then told me one last word of advice – I had been receiving a lot of those lately, hadn't I? Anyways, he told me that Demise shouldn't be able to rely on anything else than his own powers from now on, and even though he seemed fierce, he was old and weak. One last smile of confidence; then he was gone...

Demise then turned to me... He now meant business, just me and him, one-on-one. But could I take him? Our clash earlier had definitely proven otherwise. This power of the Force... The last guardian had definitely possessed it, perhaps even some of those before, but like Demise had stated, none of them were anywhere near his level. I had to take his word for it and I had to be aware. If I could just avoid his lightning strikes and somehow get close to him without being blown away by his wave-like pushing ability, I could get to him. 'So typical of those Jedi and their kind... They always seem to underestimate the Sith... Well this is the last time someone underestimates me! I am the great Sith Lord Demise, and my powers are stronger than any!!!' Shouting out, the whole room began to shake, and in what was just a split-second top, three dark shadows suddenly reformed and leaped off at me. Somehow, he had been able to reassemble the shadows of Link, Aragon and Levi as they came swinging in at me from all side, but that wasn't supposed to happen?! Barely being able to get my guard up, I was pushed back rapidly as the shadow of Link swung his sword at such a rate that he broke through my guard and sent me flying. Crashing into and through the wall, I punched a large hole through the wooden frames that were covered in some sheets of a kind, making up the basic walls of the tower. My attention was rapidly steered towards the huge drop to the ground on the outside as I barely managed to grab on to avoid falling out. Forcing myself back in again, I barely managed to dodge Link's shadow as he flew straight passed me and into the world on the outside. Just as he did, his entire shadow broke apart in the air as if being non-resistant to sunlight. Of course! A shadow's weakness had to be light! Realizing this, I continued to punch holes in the walls with my left hand as rays of the sun snuck inside everywhere and hit the shadows of Levi and Aragon, which forced them to cover their eyes. That was the only thing I needed... Leaping ahead, I slashed through both of them with the Master Sword as both their shadows disintegrated, as if returning inside the Master Sword itself again. Catching my breath, I steered my focus back at Demise as I pointed the sword straight at him, thinking of something epic to say while at it. Yep, anything to break his cool... 'Even if they were images of the former wielders of the Master Sword, they were just that – Images.' My confidence was back. Now, Demise surely couldn't have any more tricks up his sleeve. We had both played our strong cards... Just smirking cynically back at me, it was almost as if he was impressed. 'Well, I guess it is like they say... If you want something done right, you will have to do it yourself. I might have underestimated you Hagoromo, but no more. The only way to break you is to risk everything it seems, even if I end up killing you. There's too much at stakes to play around. So no more games, no more schemes... You want a real fight, let's have it...'

I was more than ready. 'Bring it, Demise!' Pacing slowly back and forth in front of him, I was anticipating what he would do next – He had yet to draw a weapon however, and that was exactly what I should have expected him to do next. No matter how much I had heard about these so-called Sith and Jedi, I would never dream of ever having to face off against their ultra deadly weapons. Yes... Demise knew what was at stakes so he decided to take no chance. Reaching out for the inside of his robe, a weapon was suddenly drawn to his hand as a bright warm energy emitted out of it. His weapon of choice was something called a Lightsaber... I had no idea what I was going up against. Its beaming red presence filled the room with a sense of darkness. I didn't even know if the Master Sword would be able to hold its ground against it. At this point, I just had to believe it would. Before our final fight commenced however, Demise had one last thing to say; 'What a fool that companion of Revan was, that Menma or Naruto or whatever his name was. He might have been strong, but he should have made sure I was finished off for good back then. What surprised me the most was that he had left one tiny detail up to chance... Yes, he had failed to retrieve my lightsaber which I lost on the top of the Three Wolves Mountain in our battle that day. To this date, I don't understand why. The smart thing to do would be to collect it and keep it away from me don't you think? You've been on the Three Wolves Mountain, haven't you?? That is where-... You met Naruto, how interesting... I only ventured back to that mountain over a century after our battle, and to my surprise, guess what I found? Such a powerful weapon left behind and no one to claim it... I knew after my downfall against that Ganondorf that I needed to go back their one more time to investigate the origins of the wormholes through time further, but I had no idea I would be so lucky to reclaim my weapon. If I'd had it in my battle against Ganondorf, I would surely have won and claimed the land for myself. My powers are nothing like they were back then as I mentioned earlier, but I can assure you that there's nothing that can stand against the true might of the Sith. I will now let you taste the force of this lightsaber for yourself, and you can only count yourself as lucky being the first to stand before it since Revan and Naruto themselves... For all these years I've been eager to test it out in proper battle again, and now my second chance has come... Even if maintaining those guardians of this tower took a toll on my powers, our difference in powers will lead you to your doom. Even if Revan restored some energy in you, I can sense that this long battle has wearied you out, so it will take something extraordinary to defeat me. Nothing will ever stand between me and my goals, not Revan, and definitely not you! If I can't turn you to my side, I will find another way to get to this Triforce in time, and then my time to rule this world will once again arise. If you won't cooperate willingly, then you must die!!...'

Swirling around in the air, Demise leaped off at me with incredible speed, curling his lightsaber to the side as he lashed out on me. In one powerful stroke he sent me flying as I barely managed to withhold his fierce strike in order to not be cut in half. As I landed, I realized that the Master Sword had been able to take the blow, much to my relief. It wasn't Revan's own weapon for no reason. Forcing myself back up again I knew there was nothing else standing between me and Demise now. There was nothing else neither he nor I could say to delay this battle any further. Repositioning myself, I instantly came up with a strategy, realizing that I had been too long on the defense. Clashing with Demise in the middle of the room, the real battle had finally begun... We exchanged several blows but none of us were able to break through to the other. Not through force, not through agility. No matter what I tried whether it be a speedy strike from the side, or a powerful swing from above, I couldn't break through his defense. His cynical smile kept getting wider as his sinister laughter mocked me more and more with each strike. He swung his lightsaber at me as I blocked it, only to see his other hand coming in from the opposite side, aiming to take me by surprise. He was definitely about to use his Force abilities, but there was no way I could defend against two fronts like that at once. A powerful surge of lightning shot at me as I reached my free hand up in the air to try and intercept it. To my surprise, it was almost as if I was able to withhold his lightning through the use of channeling my chakra just right. We were pushing each other back and forth, still with our weapons locked in our other hands. This was a deathmatch not easily won... At this moment I remember thinking to myself, at all I had been through up until this point. Everything I had sacrificed, everything I had learned. This was my life, my destiny... If anyone could stop Demise once and for all, it was me. Those who had put their trust in me, those who had given their lives to make sure the peace would last. My foster parents, the old monk, Yukimura, and everyone else. I had not come this far to give in now. This was the moment I had been training for, one last battle to bring everything to an end. No matter how strong Demise seemed, I was stronger, no matter how wise he seemed, I was more cunning, no matter how high his moral was, I was more courageous. Now was the time to finish him...

He tries to the best of his ability to force me back, but I do not falter. Moving to the side I break his deadlock, swinging around to unlock my sword in the process. Coming up to his side, I reach my free hand out; I still have enough chakra to pull off a trick, do I not? The one I had used all times before... Connecting with him, and with my sword still in hand, the two of us comes to a standstill. He merely turns his head at me, as if shocked to see that I have outmaneuvered him. Next he blasts backwards at a powerful force, landing hard on the ground – Just as I had planned. Forcing himself up again he looks at me, but his will has not yet been broken – He simply laughs. The battle had progressed no further...

I immediately knew the trick had not worked; I should have known better. The last guardian could take the Blazing Annihilation Atomic Incineration Blast without much trouble. Surely Demise who had created said guardian could take it as well. My chakra had taken a plunge but I still had my energy. After all, Naruto had trained me to fight without chakra, to not rely solely on it – This was a battle of wits and metal, not through "magic" alone. Demise could probably take any and all techniques I could summon through chakra without a doubt anyways. He had already stated earlier that "Chakra was nothing like the Force..." No time to think I was naive, no time to despair. I simply had to gather myself and try again, so I did. Leaping off, we clashed once more...

I swing my sword from the left as he moves his lightsaber to intercept. Both of us are using both our hands to hold our weapons now, as we are clashing more fiercely than ever before. Each attack and each parry takes tremendous amount of energy to perform and I can feel it – We are currently an even match. He then jumps back a space as he comes in from a different angle, swinging his lightsaber just above my head as I dodge it. I can sense it, he has quicken up his pace. Again his lightsaber comes at me, again I dodge. Then I counter as my sword somehow manages to break through his guard, slicing itself into the flesh on his arm. A foul roar was let out, he then swings his lightsaber at me to cut himself free. Seeing this, I quickly pull the sword from out of his flesh as I spin around, barely avoiding his lightsaber as I did. Landing another blow, this time on his right hip, he simply takes the pain as he reach his hand out and sends me flying backwards with a powerful force like the first time we clashed. I gasp for breath, shaking my head to regain my focus. The next second he is leaping through the air at me, not even a second to lose. I roll over as I watch his lightsaber pierce into the ground where I once laid. I quickly shoot up to get into guarding position, but it is too little, too late, as he leaps at me with a savagery look in his eyes...

His lightsaber penetrates my shoulder as I cry out in pay. I try to get free but I can't. Reaching his free hand out he aims at me – This is it. "Unlimited Powers!!" He screams as his ferocious storm of lightning inflicts greater pain upon me than ever before, sending me flying all across the room before I crash hard to the ground again. I can't even muster a gasp before he grabs a hold of me with his powers of the Force again. I can feel his hand chocking me, but he stands several feet away from me. Another power of the Force I realize, but there's no way I can stop it. He then tosses me to the ground as I land before him. Trying to move out of the way, I feel his hot melting lightsaber grace quickly by both of my legs before it briefly hits my arm, forcing me to lose my grip on the Master Sword. He blasts it away with the Force, I'm watching hopelessly as it lands on the other side of the room. I can still fight; I can feel it, if I only manage to get up to my feet. Come on, I can do this... Those scratches are nothing! No pain, Hagoromo, no pain!! I jump forward with my remaining strength as I tackle him to the ground – It works! I start pummeling him with all my remaining energy as I scream out. My fists connect as I can feel his old skin wrap around them with each hit. He on the other hand wants nothing of it as he starts moving his head to dodge in between them. I no longer have any control of what I'm doing, I'm just pummeling away. I then notice that he's about to try to blow me away with his lightning again, but I dodge to the side before I get back into position. This time he intercepts my fist however, but he forgets about the other one. A clean hit to the face, this time some of his teeth comes out as I hit him. The next moment I am suddenly blown backwards almost as if hit by a knockout punch. It's his ability to use the Force however that seems to get the better of me every time. My entire life seems to flash before me as I linger through the air. I hit the ground hard as I let out a loud gasp. This time I'm done for...

"You damn bastard almost had me there, didn't you?!" Demise shouts out, struggling to get back on his feet. I can only look at him with my eyes; no movement in my body can prevent his approach. He picks up his lightsaber that he lost when I tackled him before as he slowly comes for me again. Piercing his lightsaber through my right leg, it feels like my body is set on fire. He twists it to inflict even more pain, truly enjoying what he's doing. "You stubborn piece of scum, if you had only listened! You really went this far just to die, didn't you? All those dreams and hopes of yours for nothing. All this way just to die... It's almost a pity, if you had only accepted what I had to offer! I should have killed you off when I had the chance earlier instead of wasting my time!!" He retracts his lightsaber from my leg as I feel its warm melting energy pierce my body elsewhere. I can barely move my head at this point, barely remain conscious because of the pain. I realize that he has pierced right through my stomach, with the lightsaber coming out on the other side of me. Only air leaves my lunges at this point... Next, his hand lands on my neck as he lifts me up into the air. He's chocking me with all his powers and it feels like everything is about to go black. "If you won't yield, you will die..." I will definitely not yield, so he will have to kill me, that much I know. Then I realize something, through all the thoughts that suddenly went through my head, one line of thought caught my attention. Something that Yukimura's son, Danivass, had said to me before the great Samurai meeting took place. He said; "A True Samurai always carries two swords, if you lose one, use the other!" Of course! How had I forgotten about it? Forcing my free hand that I could still move to my side, I quickly drew my spare sword that he had given me and slashed it at Demise in one quick motion. Blood splattered on his face as signs of denial appeared in his eyes. "How could it be? How could he turn this battle around at this stage? Hadn't I already won??" That had to be what he was thinking in the few seconds that followed. On the ground his hand that had been gripping me fell. Severed and all bloody. "Impossible?!" He utters as I struggle to remain on my feet. I looked at my second sword as I realized it was suddenly melting away for some reason. What exactly was Demise's blood made of? I had to let that thought go, this was perhaps my only chance...

I turned my head around as I saw the Master Sword on the other side of room. For some reason I felt like I could reach it, even if it was far away from me. Reaching my hand out at it, I concentrated, and in what seemed to be some type of miracle, the Master Sword suddenly began shaking as it flew towards me and into my grip. Now I could finish this fight! Striking down at Demise, I aimed at his neck but just as I was about to hit him, his lightsaber intervened. He had used his other hand to regain his control of it as he moved to intercept my strike just in time. I would have nothing of it, as I swung the sword at him once more, only this time even harder. Breaking through his guard, I watched as the sword carved into his flesh in between his shoulder and neck with the third strike. A finishing blow, that I was certain of. However...

Demise wouldn't go down that easily. His stamina easily surpassed any other foe I had met. Swinging his lightsaber at me, I had to jump away to avoid getting sliced in two, as I had to let go of the Master Sword as I did. Landing on my back, I was panting heavily. Demise could barely hold himself together as well, as he somehow managed to free himself from the Master Sword, pushing it out of his own body as it fell to the ground. He too was panting heavily. This was a fight to the death, no mistake about it. Deactivating his lightsaber for a moment, he reached out for his severed arm as he went to reattach it to his body and thus at the same time effectively stopping the bleeding. I immediately knew he possessed some kind of healing powers, as if he was slowly regenerating back to normal through the Force. He was however not the only one who possessed such skills, as I immediately went to heal my wounds. Gasping out in pain, I watched as the hole through my stomach began healing itself and the tissue and the flesh began to regrow. I was in devastating pain, but it had to be done and I had come a long way in medical techniques since that battle with my grandparents over two years ago. I could feel both my energy and chakra depleting as I used this technique, but it was the only way to remain on my feet. It was as if both Demise and I knew that this next phase of the battle would be the last phase, and that in order to give it our best, we both needed time to heal ourselves. We simply stared each other down, battling to see who could heal his wounds first in order to get in the next strike. Just as my wounds were about to completely heal, a voice spoke to me from the inside again, only this time, it was not the voice of Revan. Who could it be??...

Gathering my thoughts I quickly realized it was the same voice as before, the one voice who had spoken to me before Revan emerged from the Master Sword to help me. It was the same voice who had guided me through using the Rasengan earlier, only this time I did have time to recognize who the voice belonged to. It was Naruto's, and to my disbelief, he had once more come to my aid. What could he possibly have to say? Hadn't he already revealed the gift he had passed on to me? I could only listen to find out...

His voice was clear as day, I didn't even need to respond. I knew what to do and there was no point lingering any further. I reached my hand out in the air as a massive ball of chakra began forming in it. It was as if Naruto himself had taken possession of my body, as if he was steering my movements. Somehow he was now inside me lending me his powers once more, and all I had to do was to let him take control. Standing up having healed himself, Demise simply moved the once severed hand freely around; to make sure it was fully operational again. He then redrew his lightsaber as he readied himself. He didn't seem too worried about my next move, but he did realize that it would be a powerful one. Next, the ball began to make a swirling sound as a great wave was added to it. A powerful wind began to blow and it was in this moment that I knew. Demise had seen this technique before, but when? He was almost shocked witnessing it once more before him. 'Where have you learned that technique?! It's the same as-... Same as back then... So that Naruto has indeed taught you a trick or two? I won't let it get the better of me twice, you hear me!!' Leaping ahead, Demise sought to clash with me before the technique was ready, but before he got here, I knew what my next move would be. The name of the technique, was "Rasenshuriken!!" We clashed in the middle of the room as a huge explosion appeared between us. The technique was supposed to be thrown in reality, but even through guiding me in creating it, there was no chance Naruto could perfect it inside my body. A bright light was all I saw as the noise of the impact filled my ears. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor once more. Looking up, I realized that Demise was still standing. He had barely moved a few steps backwards because of the blast, but he had several deep cuts all over his body and he was bleeding badly...

'That technique is sure powerful-... But it could not finish me off back then and it certainly won't finish me now!!' I had no time for his taunts, as all I could do was to get back up again. It was then as I finally got back up on my feet, that I heard Revan's voice once more. Gone was Naruto and his temporary power, but this was still the moment of victory. Speaking out through me, Revan then said; 'He's weakened, this is your chance Hagoromo! Seal away Demise with the Master Sword's ability, just like you sealed your grandfather Kuroi away! You're not going to get a better chance than this!' He was right, but I still had no idea how to do just that. Sensing my concern, he continued; 'Just go for it! Trust the powers of the Master Sword, trust your own instinct! You already have that power within you!' I quickly rushed towards the Master Sword once again as Demise leaped off towards me to prevent me from reaching it. Slashing his lightsaber at me, he barely graced me as I rolled over and grabbed the Master Sword once more. Just as I did, it started glowing in a bright color and that was the moment I knew. Turning around, Demise leaped at me with one last desperate blow. We met at the middle of the room as both our weapons pierced the other...

The Master Sword through his chest, and his lightsaber through the exact same spot as before, the very spot on my body I had just healed. I could once again feel the tensity of the lightsaber twist and turn inside my stomach, and I knew I wouldn't be able to heal myself once more, not with my remaining powers. Blood gushed out of my mouth as Demise was all the way up in my face smiling. 'You lose...' He briefly said. But as soon as he did, blood began to gush out of his mouth as well, as he looked down and realized the current piercing position of the Master Sword that had drilled into his chest. Looking back up at me, it was as if panic- for the first time in his life, had hit him. He knew there and then, that he was done for...

In matter of seconds, his body began curling up as if being sucked into the Master Sword, and in the very next moment, both he and his lightsaber were gone completely. I fell to the ground as I clutched my wound, still with the Master Sword in hand. I had won the battle, but it had cost more than I could ever imagine. Tumbling over, it was as if death caught up to me and I could feel its cold embrace once more. Both Naruto and Revan had helped me time and time again through the battle, but neither one of them would come to my rescue now. I could only hear the faint voice of Revan reaching out to me as if trying to keep me awake, but his words soon fell to deaf ears. 'Hagoromo... Hagoromo... Hagoromo!!' Suddenly, when everything seemed to be at an end and Revan's voice was no more, another familiar voice spoke out to me, a voice I hadn't heard in a while. Opening my eyes again, I saw a bright light blinding me, just like that time on top of my grandparents' palace on the snowy mountain hill. That time I had awaken to find myself healed but with no hero to take claim to the doings, but as I later found out, it was Hamura who came across me and saved me then, and just like that time, his face was now present in front of me. Not only his, but Bruce's as well. I shot up to a seated position as I went to check my own body. I had been healed, once again, just when everything seemed lost. Looking around I remembered where I was and I still had the Master Sword firmly gripped in my hand. 'Thought we had lost you there for a moment!' The voice drew my attention as a bright smile on Bruce's face met me. 'You two??' I barely managed to mumble. 'What, you thought we would let you see this through to an end all alone?' Bruce once more followed up. I laughed... It felt like forever since I had really laughed like that, but I couldn't help it. Demise was defeated, and both Bruce and Hamura had made their way up here. Hamura then spoke; 'As you may recall, that guardian knocked me unconscious and it was only when I first regained my senses that Bruce rushed me to fix his broken bones in place long enough for the two of us to get up here. To our surprise, the final battle was already over, and you were here unconscious on the floor, but still alive I assure you.' 'I guess I can thank you for that then, haha.' It was all finally over, but still one thing remained. Helping me up, the three of us then steered our attention towards the Triforce...

Just admiring it for a few seconds, neither one of us decided to approach it. Holstering the Master Sword on my back again, I decided to take a step forward as a voice inside me urged me to do so. Just like that, Revan once more emerged from within the sword and landed beside the Triforce. Both Bruce and Hamura were shocked to see this, but I assured them both that this was an ally. 'You have a lot of explaining to do, Hagoromo...' Bruce simply sighed, realizing that he had missed more than a thing or two. Revan then spoke; 'I knew you had it in you Hagoromo... With Demise gone, this world can finally begin to prosper once more. However, there's still a long way to go, but more on that later. Come...' Pointing towards the Triforce, it was as if Revan urged me to come closer. 'Touch the Triforce and restore the Master Sword's abilities so that you may depend on them in the future. You should also experience a significant boost of powers, but never let that blind you. Never use your powers for selfish desires or you will not only doom yourself, but this world as well.' 'I understand.' I simply nodded. 'Are you sure it is safe??' Hamura questioned. I took a deep breath as I walked forward. The Triforce was within my reach now as Revan stood right beside me. From behind, Bruce and Hamura watched with great anticipation. 'Demise was wrong about one thing though...' Revan continued. 'The Triforce has existed for as long as time itself, and it has revealed itself only for those being worthy in the past. Some men has used this to their advantage in order to make their desires come true, men like Ganondorf... The Otsutsuki clan, your clan's powers, hails from it, and the 5th wielder of the Master Sword, Link, had the Triforce of Courage before you.' 'What does all this mean? Are there more artifacts like this??' I wondered. To think such powers existed in the world, and how easily it could get in the wrong hands...

Revan then elaborated on what he meant; 'The Triforce has not always been whole like this, in fact, it has not been whole since Ganondorf laid his hands on it. It was in that moment it split up as only someone who possesses true Courage, Power and Wisdom, and wish to use its powers for good and not greedy desires may contain it. Someone who has a righteous heart... Ganondorf did however get his hand on the Triforce of Power, one-third of the Triforce, and with it, he was able to gain more power than any man on this earth. That is how he was able to transform into his deadly counterpart Ganon, and thus defeat Demise himself. Without it, Demise would have won the war... Now it's your turn Hagoromo, prove that you have a righteous heart by touching it...' Revan concluded. For some reason I had my doubts but this was not the moment to falter. 'Be careful!' Bruce shouted out to me. I nodded back at him as I reached my hand out and laid it upon the Triforce. Unlike any of Demise's attempts however, there was no barrier to prevent my access as I could feel its power surging through me. I didn't know whether it felt warm or cold, this feeling was something I couldn't explain nor could have since...

A few moments later, the Triforce suddenly began spinning around its own axis slowly, as I took a step back. Watching as it split into three pieces, I reached my hands out as they landed in them. 'You are now the wielder of the Triforce of Power, Courage and Wisdom, Hagoromo...' Revan then said. A strange feeling emerged from inside me as the three golden pieces slowly began to merge into my right hand. As they did, it felt like a burning sensation came from the back of it as I turned it around, only to see the Triforce as if embedded into my hand. All three corners of the triangle-shaped symbol glowed bright before me, and then, the light retracted into my hand again. 'Now touch the Master Sword, Hagoromo. That way the Triforce will always be linked to it and any and all who comes across the Master Sword in the future will be able to use its powers to stop any evil that arises.' Doing as he said, I gripped the hilt of the Master Sword on my back as it began flashing once more. I then let go as I looked at Revan again. 'With the Master Sword, our souls will forever be connected, Hagoromo, but I fear this is the last time we will meet. I will retract into the sword in order to guard the dimension that has been created, the one place where everyone that has been sealed away so far has gone...' 'The Underworld...' I quickly added, without really knowing what I was talking about. 'The Underworld?' Hamura asked from behind. 'Yes...' As Revan said, the three golden pieces of the Triforce again appeared in the palm of my hand. I couldn't quite understand why. 'The power of the Triforce will forever be with you Hagoromo, and it will forever be with the Master Sword. However, no one can keep the solid pieces for themselves. That way, the Triforce's powers will truly never belong to anyone, but will only react to those worthy. Here...' Reaching his hands out, Revan then formed a casket out of nothingness, as if his powers weren't mysterious enough as they were. Opening it, he told me to lay the pieces in it for safekeeping. He then said; 'Keep these hidden in your possession. One day in the future long past, a certain "Museum" will open... That is where, when the final peace has arrived, they will remain locked away for all eternity. You will know who to entrust those to when the time comes... Naruto will make sure of the rest... Now, you are ready for the final test...' 'The final test??' I asked curiously. 'Yes, the Jubi will soon be upon us...' With that, he was gone. Walking up to me, both Bruce and Hamura seemed confident about the future. I smiled at them, knowing they were right. What I didn't know however, was that the next threat would be closer than I could begin to imagine...

'What should we do next then??' Bruce asked. I looked at him. At this point, I didn't know what to think. Hamura then put forth an idea that had completely left my mind. He said; 'Well, I suppose it is time that I took you to see our mother, Hagoromo... After all, I did promise you I would do so once this challenge was over. From what I can see, there's not much else to do here, and come to think of it, you have yet to meet with Kaguya through all these years of separation. I am certain she will be as anxious as you.' I concurred. This was a moment I had waited for, ever since my battle with Nobunaga, my father, took place, where he told me the truth. With my brother and my cousin leading the way, we left the tower behind, and soon, I would finally come face to face with her, at long last...

The birth of the Jubi was indeed soon upon us...

~End of Chapter 11

Author's Note (Please don't ignore it! I have a feeling only Kuroi reads them xd):

1: Alright, another chapter completed... I revealed beforehand that this chapter was going to be big and it sure was, my 2nd biggest in TLSoSP Series thus far actually! Anyways, I'm not entirely sure what I feel about this chapter. I mean, for most parts it felt good but I don't know... There was a lot of dialogue to swallow (or rather a lot of monologue from Demise), and even if I had to go that route, it would have perhaps felt better executed if I divided the story for this chapter into several chapters instead (even though I already decided not to do that long before I got here). Some might like longer, more heavily built-up chapters like this, others might find the build-up dragging on too long... Let me know what you think. As for the battling itself, I did try to focus more on the experimenting I began doing during the first Part of the Tower of Death arc. Back then I only did a paragraph that way, but here most of the actual fighting was portrayed/narrated in 1st person "present" point of view, instead of the usual past perspective. The transition might seemed a bit rough due to that, but all in all I think it worked out for most parts. Again, let me know what you thought...

2: The way Revan came out and stopped Demise from summoning dark shadows of Revan and Naruto, was sort of symbolic to Hiruzen stopping Orochimaru from summoning Minato, the 4th Hokage during the Chunin Exam. I can't remember if I did that voluntarily or if I "accidentally" ended up thinking back on it after I noted down how the scene would play out, but I still think it's worth mentioning to see if you guys can see the similarities as well. Also, I was a bit unsure whether to actually drag out a longer fight with the Shadows and give each one of them more character traits from how they were in their time. The idea of having Hagoromo fighting Link, Aragon, Levi, Xuan and Ike in my head seemed like something too good to be true (especially with my recent Recollection of the Past Series and all), but I knew I couldn't portray it that way as I would really have wanted to (having them sort of Edo Tensei'd and having their personalities intact). The thing was that I couldn't do that because it would create a plot-hole for when Naruto meets all the wielders (except Revan) at the end of The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series (which takes place after this chronologically, where it is specifically stated that neither one of them have met before by everyone neither while being alive or after death. Only Hagoromo himself doesn't state that at that point). It was a tough choice, and I suppose no one would even have noticed if I did neglect that fact (which could have pawed way for an awesome fight by all means), but to be true to my own story and my Timeline, I had to keep to the Timeline and thus I had to take a different road. That is why I chose to cut it "short" like I did here, being that I actually had to have Demise fight a longer battle as well in this chapter before his "demise," so to speak (get it? xd). By all means it could have been fun, but regardless I think the cameos alone kind of made everything more exciting nonetheless. Thoughts??

3: It was mentioned in this chapter that after Demise lost his lightsaber in his fight with Revan and Menma (Naruto) on Three Wolves Mountain, it remained there until he could recollect it afterwards, 100 years later. If any of you were to go back to the final battle (in the final chapter) in the Forgotten Tale that displayed this fight, you would see that it said nothing about what really happened to Demise's lightsaber after he lost his grip on it during the fight, before getting blasted away by Menma (Naruto)'s Rasenshuriken. I actually had to go back to the chapter because I was uncertain what happened to the lightsaber. I simply couldn't recall if Demise was blown away with it or if he lost it, only to have Menma (Naruto) pick it up afterwards. Somehow that would be unfortunate because I really needed Demise to have his lightsaber in this fight against Hagoromo to make an impact, but like I said, I had to go back to check to avoid having a plot-hole. To think that the fact that I forgot to address what happened to the lightsaber as I wrote the Forgotten Tale, could work to my favor now, was truly a blessing in disguise. Normally I would have remembered and dealt with it back then which would have made things complicated now xP Indeed, even if none of you would remember that or care to check, I am actually that thorough. At this point I don't know whether it is needed work or just sad really, haha. I mean, who would have noticed if there was a plot-hole, right? Hmm...

4: I mentioned in a VM to some of you that this chapter would refer back/forward to the ending of my Series Finale for The Legendary Sage of Konoha, and although that is true, we didn't really get a conclusion to that whole deal. This chapter reveals that it's Revan who gave way for Hagoromo to keep the pieces of the Triforce, which Naruto somehow managed to pass down and make way for Ikari to obtain the pieces for his Kage Museum in the future, which a scene at the very end of the Series Finale showed. Some people asked me back then what those items were and what their purpose were, well now you know. I wrote it more as an outlet to sort of conclude everything before I had actually created the scenario for it. With that being said, the Triforce was mentioned in my Zelda One-Shot although I never truly referred back to it since then. I had/have planned for the Triforce to appear in my Three Kingdoms story albeit in a different form and of a different purpose. With bringing in the Triforce into this story, I could sort of tie in that scene with Ikari and his family at the Kage Museum in the Series Finale into this story to give it a purpose and like I said, to sort of conclude that thread. I never planned to actually refer to that part ever again though, as when I actually wrote it, it was meant more as a mean to reference my other stories. I never thought or rather, I never imagined anyone would actually get that those pieces were the Triforce being passed down since my One-Shot, and no one really did either, haha. So how or why did Revan know all this and how it would play out? Unknown... I'll leave it up to you, or to the one who can bother to come up with a theory, lmao...

5: There's something about the Underworld Dimension that I can't put my finger on... As you know, that is where Hagoromo seals away the Titans (of the Underworld), where Kabuto eventually transports Naruto to fight him (in his Edo Tensei form) and his Titans in The Legendary Sage of Konoha Returns. I never planned for the Underworld to play a bigger role than that, but seeing as I've actually sealed away a lot of big villains in there in and from all my stories, instead of killing them off permanently (Raiba, Kuroi, Demise, and presumably others), it could be plausible to think that the seal to the Underworld might have broken when Naruto claimed the Master Sword in order to get out of the Underworld and back into the real world when he fought Hagoromo and the Titans there. Then again, why didn't Revan, Demise and the rest show up there then (from a realistic point of view instead of taking when the stories were made into perspective)? If I get to re-write my stories sometime, I might actually play around a bit with that, perhaps even having Demise secretly escape, only to have Ikari deal with him after the Series Finale/The Recollection of the Past Timeline is finished, haha.

6: The final one... If you think about it, I could actually have ended the story here, with this chapter... Well, for the exception of going back to Hagoromo's deathbed as seen in the first chapter that is. The reason I say this, is that in the manga, much of Hagoromo's early life has been left in shadows, and thus far, this story has more or less covered that. In the remaining story that's left to be told, you could basically go the route of the manga as his fight with the Jubi is displayed there, and then what happens after that as well. Obviously I won't be ending it here however due to obvious reasons that are villains that I created for Hagoromo that were referenced elsewhere, that needs to appear in this story... Though I just thought it would be a fun thing to point out. Still 5 chapters to go my friends! Hope you will stick around to the end ;)

Chapter 12 will probably be out by early November, but I won't be rushing it seeing how many has fallen behind of my regular readers at this point (you know who you are when you get here). But don't let that stop you from commenting here, as I already have a great preview in mind if enough people are interested! Chapter 12 is indeed progressing nicely.

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
First!

Just need to read it First :lol
Yeah, and that is always the problem, isn't it? xd That is why I wanted to time it perfectly, so that you could read and comment in one go instead of having to wait days long passed before actually getting a "real" comment, haha. Chapters like these are what we call expiration-dated, meaning they don't last long before you can throw them out basically, haha.

PS: Remember to check out the Author's Note this time xD ;)

Trea

Regular
Kin
0πŸ’Έ
Kumi
0πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
I already filled you in on some of the grammar errors I found. Whether or not you fix them is up to you. I am no grammar expert and I'm certainly not the grammar police. I think the first person present worked out well with the fight. I at first thought the fight a bit long, but people really did have to be filled in on Demise's background, especially those people who have not read your other work, so it was necessary. I guess my disappointment with the fight is that Hagoromo had so much outside help with it. He did all of that training and had to depend on other peoples' power to win. I guess it doesn't fit with my idea of the sage, but that again is my problem, not yours since this story is about your vision of the sage.

Kuroi is not the only one to read your notes. I read them too. I think you have the impression I don't because the one time I didn't you managed to nail me on it because I asked a question that you had addressed in the notes. I enjoyed the chapter and I thought it was well done. I just hope that Hagoromo gets to meet his mother before the juubi shows up. I also hope he has less voices telling what to do in his next fight.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
I already filled you in on some of the grammar errors I found. Whether or not you fix them is up to you. I am no grammar expert and I'm certainly not the grammar police. I think the first person present worked out well with the fight. I at first thought the fight a bit long, but people really did have to be filled in on Demise's background, especially those people who have not read your other work, so it was necessary. I guess my disappointment with the fight is that Hagoromo had so much outside help with it. He did all of that training and had to depend on other peoples' power to win. I guess it doesn't fit with my idea of the sage, but that again is my problem, not yours since this story is about your vision of the sage.

Kuroi is not the only one to read your notes. I read them too. I think you have the impression I don't because the one time I didn't you managed to nail me on it because I asked a question that you had addressed in the notes. I enjoyed the chapter and I thought it was well done. I just hope that Hagoromo gets to meet his mother before the juubi shows up. I also hope he has less voices telling what to do in his next fight.
Yeah, thanks once more, appreciate it ^^ The fun thing is that I thought of the word; "Abided" but found out that wasn't a word apparently... I suppose I was thinking about "bided" which sort of got the two terms mixed, haha. And I already fixed them. In fact, it was the first thing I did ;)

I was kind of uncertain about it, but then again, I was also kind of uncertain about it when I tested it out in chapter 8 during that first fight. It's not so much the use (of it) itself, it's just the transition I felt strange about. It was hard to sort of explain that the transition was taking place, but at the end of the day I think it was understandable enough. To be frank, I've tried more risky stuff in the past like writing two different stories, one taking place in the present and another in the past, without stating specifically to the readers that I was jumping back and forth through time (TLSoK Returns Chapter 1-3; Memory of the Past 1, 2 and 3). Most people that paid attention got it, but there were some that didn't, haha. Also that time during the first chapter of The Forgotten Tale where I sort of did the same thing, only that I jumped in and out mid-battle. Now I'm side-tracking though...

Really now? That's surprising. That has to be the first time I ever hear you "complain" about something being too long, haha. Usually it's the other way around. Personally (like I mentioned in my notes), I would have preferred it to be even longer, but then with the Shadows actually putting up a real prolonged battle. The main reason I felt it had to be longer was to not make the whole "final battle" seem cheap, and to avoid having this final floor be just a "congratulation" segment so to speak. I like to think of this battle as an extension to the one happening at the end of The Forgotten Tale, even if I don't remember too much of that fight. I still think it mirrored it well nevertheless. Since the other chapters so far had been showing two battles a time more or less, I had to justify this chapter by having Demise going out with style. I like to think of it this way both with my old readers and my "new" readers in mind. It's far from the longest battle I've done, although most of my past battles were prolonged through several chapters.

"I guess my disappointment with the fight is that Hagoromo had so much outside help with it. He did all of that training and had to depend on other peoples' power to win. I guess it doesn't fit with my idea of the sage, but that again is my problem, not yours since this story is about your vision of the sage."

I actually thought about this in the shower of all places earlier, and I think I have a fair reason to justify this so to speak... From the beginning, I always viewed this as a side/filler arc, despite its seemingly huge story elements. It felt good to do some serious battling again, but for most parts, this arc didn't progress the story or Hagoromo's ability much. For most parts it felt like an "add-on" or rather a "DLC (Downloadable content)" pack, that is supposed to take itself less serious, being more free to be a bit goofier than usual. That was the whole reason I brought in the Rasengan and the RasenShuriken into the mix, most for laughs really and for "nostalgic" purposes. That is why I in the end literally had the RasenShuriken do little to no damage other than to stun Demise. After all, I couldn't have Naruto winning the battle through Hagoromo. That you could say, is why he didn't have direct dialogue other than that Hagoromo told us he said something. It's not like I viewed Bruce as a DLC character, but the thought as it struck me, was kind of humorous indeed. Maybe even Hamura had an alternative outfit in this arc xD Jokes aside, I think I understand what you mean, but the thing to take into consideration is that; "Hagoromo doesn't become the Sage of Six Paths before he has sealed the Jubi away." In fact, the Otsutsuki clan wasn't supposed to possess any powers prior to this had I not thought it would be ridiculously unrealistic for Hagoromo to deal with the Jubi otherwise...

Don't get me wrong, I think Hagoromo learned a lot and became a better all-rounded fighter by going through this challenge, but at the end of the day he needed help more or less all the way (through Hamura and Bruce), and it was more of a test to see where his (current) limits go. The whole ordeal with having Revan residing inside the Master Sword is something I think I touched upon earlier when I referred back to how he came out of the Master Sword and appeared before Naruto in that brief segment during the first Entry of Recollection of the Past, but it is more so a reference towards Skyward Sword where Link is accompanied by Fi, who actually is the embodiment of the Master Sword so to speak. I wanted Revan to somehow symbolize that, and that is why I invented the Shadows to have Revan counter that scheme (which in itself all was a reference towards Shadow Link from Ocarina of Time and that little Mini Boss Battle. It's not without reason I made him appear first). Otherwise, I wouldn't have had that part to begin with. Demise was never supposed to be able to manipulate the Blade of Evil's Bane, the Master Sword, since he by all means represent Evil.

I'm not sure if this helps "guide" you towards what I'm on to about, but this whole story has been about and is about Hagoromo progressing and becoming the man, the Sage, the guide he needs to be, one step at a time. If you look at the bigger picture, this arc is a part of the story that could have been skipped, as it won't have much effect other than to lead Hagoromo (through Hamura and Bruce) to Kaguya. I think the preview I have in mind will apply to your taste...

Haha I had forgotten about that truthfully xd The reason I stated it was because I felt the notes were extra special/important this time, and time and time again, Kuroi is by far the one who stands out commenting on them. So yeah, there was no deeper purpose to it than that I can assure you =P

And you are allow to disagree or to voice your opinion about stuff that happens for sure, we can't always see eye to eye. Even with all the "help" I thought it was important to have Hagoromo going all the way in defeating Demise at the end, but I always had in mind that he would sort of have help by his guidance, at least for this phase of the battle/story. I am still not sure how I actually am going to seal the Jubi away inside of Hagoromo yet. Sure, there's the obvious events from the manga, but there's also the fact that this whole "Master Sword" awakening has to have a bigger meaning now that I went that road. I know that it's going to play a huge part when Hagoromo has to deal with the Titans, and in a way, that whole ordeal sort of justified this "arc," but even with that in mind, I have to find a way to make things tangible with the rest of the "powers" Hagoromo has in his possession. The Treasured Tools are going to play a role as well. I mean, if I could just seal away the entire Jubi inside the Master Sword and the Underworld Dimension, there wouldn't be a need for the moon nor the whole story of Naruto so yeah xD I got things to do here although I do have a faint idea of how to pull it off judging by my notes that I haven't checked in forever regarding this fight.

As above, I think the preview will match your taste. The beginning of chapter 12 is more exciting than anything I personally think I have written in awhile. I suppose the tensity of the situation and the sort of mystery surrounding it is what makes it great. That might just be me though, haha. Long reply is long, hope you'll have time to read it at least ;)

Trea

Regular
Kin
0πŸ’Έ
Kumi
0πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
I think the only reason that I felt the fight was too long was because of my frustration over Hagoromo getting so much help. I had realized that for people who had not read any of your other stuff, this was the only way they could learn about Demise. I hadn't meant to complain about the length, only to show how I felt about what was occurring during the fight. The length of a story doesn't bother me as long as it's interesting and entertaining. I guess I felt that since it was so long since he came back to the village to find everyone dead and incinerated the perpetrators, plus the training he had since, he should have progressed further.

I know the purpose of the Tower was to help Hagoromo realize his own and the Master Sword's true power, but patience has never been one of my virtues. I think since you had done Recollections of the Past and we got to learn some more about the other wielders of the sword, that including them in the battle with their own personalities would have been redundant. Interesting, but still redundant. I'm not sure it would have added much to the story and it was so well done in Recollections, why mess with it? I get what you're saying about Hagoromo improving in increments, I guess my expectations got the better of me. I'm looking forward to Hagoromo meeting Kaguya. I have a test and much reading to do for school so I hope you PM me when the next chapter comes out.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
I think the only reason that I felt the fight was too long was because of my frustration over Hagoromo getting so much help. I had realized that for people who had not read any of your other stuff, this was the only way they could learn about Demise. I hadn't meant to complain about the length, only to show how I felt about what was occurring during the fight. The length of a story doesn't bother me as long as it's interesting and entertaining. I guess I felt that since it was so long since he came back to the village to find everyone dead and incinerated the perpetrators, plus the training he had since, he should have progressed further.

I know the purpose of the Tower was to help Hagoromo realize his own and the Master Sword's true power, but patience has never been one of my virtues. I think since you had done Recollections of the Past and we got to learn some more about the other wielders of the sword, that including them in the battle with their own personalities would have been redundant. Interesting, but still redundant. I'm not sure it would have added much to the story and it was so well done in Recollections, why mess with it? I get what you're saying about Hagoromo improving in increments, I guess my expectations got the better of me. I'm looking forward to Hagoromo meeting Kaguya. I have a test and much reading to do for school so I hope you PM me when the next chapter comes out.
Haha yeah I understand :p To put facts on the table however, it's been two years since the events you mentioned, so Hagoromo has only known chakra for 2 years, which by all mean even with the help he's received, shouldn't make him the ultimate powerhouse just yet. He will get there though, in time. The next chapter will have a 3 years skip before the Jubi arrives. That will make Hagoromo 33 years old.

I didn't mean complain as complain, and I'm sure you didn't either, more as a point-out towards it =p The way I like to look at it is that even if the stories cross over with each other, each story has to be allowed to stand on their own. The only thing I felt dragged on with Demise was the actual dialogues, but like you said, I felt they were necessary this time around.

Haha, somehow I realize/know that =p
Agreed. Interesting but redundant is definitely what I thought. Still, when writers bring up "opportunities" like that, the readers tend to complain if it gets cut short regardless even if it wasn't meant to be or wasn't really needed.
I didn't know Recollection was that well done? ;O

Well the fun thing is that if it hadn't been for the "age limit" of having children, I probably would have stalled the Jubi fight until Hagoromo was way old. Since I need the Jubi to be taken care of before any of his children are born however, I need to take care of it as soon as possible. So yeah, I guess I would have demanded patience if I went that road xD Luckily the next chapter should be pretty neat. I will try to avoide having the fight taking up too much space of the chapter, but instead try to sort of tell it like the Kyubi attack was told in the manga before they went deeper into it. I'll probably be having the narration taking care of most of the fight. After all, it's all going to be within one chapter. I have high hopes for it nevertheless. The preview I plan to do shows Hagoromo meeting up with Kaguya, so be sure to look forward to that whenever I decide to make it.

Now that I reflect on it, I think this arc sort of symbolize that you need friendship in order to succeed, that Hagoromo can't carry everything on his own shoulders. This will all culminate into what happens when the Jubi emerges.

Will do ;)

Last edited:

Glad Of War

Elite
Kin
117πŸ’Έ
Kumi
3πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Woooofff! That was nothing short of a great chapter, although it didn't get so great towards the ending. Like Trea said, Hagoromo had much aid which was a little bit uncharacteristic from someone like his caliber. Excluding that, I think this was a great chapter, the dialogue between Hagoromo and Demise was done with finesse. The battle wasn't as bland considering the fact there was a little bit of dragging at times. Funny thing, at first I couldn't distinguish between Raven and Demise. I thought Raven was the antagonist here, and Demise was just a title nothing more. After reading further, I realized that was just a fallacious thought. About the shadows, I think it wasn't necessary giving them distinct personalities or character traits, that would only drag the battle exponentially. Besides even when Orochimaru summoned Hashirama and Tobirama, they practically had no character traits, but were more like a zombie meant to do one task.

About Demise lightstaber, I really don't know much about his battle against Raven and Demise. So I can't dwell much on this subject, like you said who would even notice if there was a plot-hole? Certainly not me. Concerning the "Tri-force" is it some sort of Yin-Yang wannabe? Don't get this twisted, Hagoromo was known to had master Yin-Yang and thus had the ability to create things from nothingness, breath life into things and turn imagination into reality. I really would like to know the more about "Tri-force" abilities and what you could perform through it. I suppose I have to stick to this story for me to know this eventually. Anyway once again I enjoyed this chapter probably more than you think. Surprisingly It didn't take me too long as I may had thought to finish it. Lastly, I still feel Hagoromo using Rasenshuriken should had end the battle. I mean Rasenshuriken kills on a cellular-level. Also isn't Naruto/Menma from the future if am not mistaken? How the hell did Hagoromo get to use something that hasn't been invented? Oh I almost forgot my rating, I'll give this chapter a solid 8.5/10

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Woooofff! That was nothing short of a great chapter, although it didn't get so great towards the ending. Like Trea said, Hagoromo had much aid which was a little bit uncharacteristic from someone like his caliber. Excluding that, I think this was a great chapter, the dialogue between Hagoromo and Demise was done with finesse. The battle wasn't as bland considering the fact there was a little bit of dragging at times. Funny thing, at first I couldn't distinguish between Raven and Demise. I thought Raven was the antagonist here, and Demise was just a title nothing more. After reading further, I realized that was just a fallacious thought. About the shadows, I think it wasn't necessary giving them distinct personalities or character traits, that would only drag the battle exponentially. Besides even when Orochimaru summoned Hashirama and Tobirama, they practically had no character traits, but were more like a zombie meant to do one task.

About Demise lightstaber, I really don't know much about his battle against Raven and Demise. So I can't dwell much on this subject, like you said who would even notice if there was a plot-hole? Certainly not me. Concerning the "Tri-force" is it some sort of Yin-Yang wannabe? Don't get this twisted, Hagoromo was known to had master Yin-Yang and thus had the ability to create things from nothingness, breath life into things and turn imagination into reality. I really would like to know the more about "Tri-force" abilities and what you could perform through it. I suppose I have to stick to this story for me to know this eventually. Anyway once again I enjoyed this chapter probably more than you think. Surprisingly It didn't take me too long as I may had thought to finish it. Lastly, I still feel Hagoromo using Rasenshuriken should had end the battle. I mean Rasenshuriken kills on a cellular-level. Also isn't Naruto/Menma from the future if am not mistaken? How the hell did Hagoromo get to use something that hasn't been invented? Oh I almost forgot my rating, I'll give this chapter a solid 8.5/10
You changed name... Again? xD xd

Lmao, well then I guess you agree with Trea. The definition of "ending" should be pretty broad regarding this chapter though, as personally, I think the ending was the only good thing to come out of this chapter (the ending fight that is). The rest was pretty much known-ground so to speak (at least to me. Lot of this chapter felt like the Forgotten Tale, The Legend of Link, and other parts of my story all over again, despite the fact that I knew it had to be done).

As for; "Hagoromo had much aid which was a little bit uncharacteristic from someone like his caliber." I do wonder if I might have portrayed Hagoromo differently than I actually imagine him to be, or if the image of how he is in the manga sort of overshadows my intent/character. For me, Hagoromo isn't amongst the top list of any of my characters (that I have used or created) strength-wise. Sure he's extremely deadly with the Blazing Annihilation [...] technique, but that is as far as his Ninjutsu/Shinobi capabilities goes. Sure he possesses humongous amount of chakra and have the Treasured Tools, but at the end of the day, they are just tools, not his actual abilities. The Master Sword is also powerful, but beside its infinitive resistance and sealing abilities, it's just a sword (by all means). It can't cut through objects like the lightsabers. So yeah, I think I would rank any of the characters I've personally created in my The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series over Hagoromo at this point, and I would rank Revan above him as well for obvious reasons.

I would say Hagoromo's strong point beside his chakra reserve, medical abilities and the above-mentioned facts, is that he's become an excellent swordsman due to his training since he came to the Sanada camp 14 years prior to this. At this stage, I would rank him amongst the other wielders of the Master Sword except for Revan and Naruto, which includes Aragon, Levi, Link, Xuan and Ike. Amongst all of them, I think Hagoromo is/was the weakest with the Master Sword, but he does make up for that with his other unique abilities that he now possesses and that he latter awakens. Courage and persistence is what has taken him this far in my opinion.

Now that I'm on to the topic, I think I would rank my main characters somewhat like this (from current standpoint):

Naruto --> Minato (Naruto's grandson) --> Jiraiya (Naruto's son) --> Ikari (Naruto's great great great great Grandson (I believe, haha)) --> Revan --> Link --> Naruto the 2nd (Naruto's Great grandson) --> Sasuke the 2nd (Naruto's great grandson) --> Aragon --> Levi --> Hagoromo --> Xuan --> Ike

But from overall standpoint, I would indeed move Hagoromo from 11th to 2nd, just behind Naruto. So he progresses a lot more in the coming years for sure. I suppose it is easy to think of the manga/anime counterparts when dealing with canon characters, but in my stories, Naruto even outdid Hagoromo himself at the end of the day, so yeah. I think both you and Trea might be over-hyping Hagoromo a bit as of now/at this point of time xP But like I said, you are allowed to have your own "evaluation" of the characters, and certainly your own opinions on story-elements as well.

"Funny thing, at first I couldn't distinguish between Raven and Demise[...]"

Revan you mean? xd That's kind of odd considering how this chapter was built/written, and how the story has been made so far – And that's with not taking The Forgotten Tale: A Link Through Time into consideration. With the amount of background story the wielders of the Master Sword, Revan included, have got through this story (The Legendary Sage of Six Paths), it's somehow hard to see how someone could not get who's who yet xd Chapter 7 alone went maniac on detailing the past and even had Revan appear in character. Chapter 10, the previous one, even had Revan come out of the sword to warn Hagoromo before he even got to Demise. I can take it that the word "demise" itself might be confusing you since his name is that, but other than that I don't see how you could have thought that, especially mixing him with Revan xd Well that is unless you were speed-reading, which when I do (at times), everything seems to blend together at certain points, haha.

As for the later part of your first paragraph, I agree. Something that did occur to me that I try not to take for granted but that I seem to do, is that The Legend of Zelda influences I bring into these stories of mine blends so well that people that have no idea of what the Zelda games are all about might be mistaking these "inventions" as my own. From one standpoint that could be a good thing, but from another it takes away the "charm" so to speak. To demonstrate why I agree with the last part of your first paragraph, let's look at Shadow Link from Ocarina of Time in a brief video:

So yeah, the basic concept is that you are indeed just fighting a shadow (of yourself). Since I was bringing in several characters that were part of my main stories however, I was a bit uncertain if it would be better to make it more interesting or not.

Well I think Trea would notice about the lightsaber or even Kuroi if any xD If this was a manga on the other hand, people would definitely notice and make countless threads on the subject xd

So, let's get to the part of your review that got me the most (interested) and that I think this whole reply should focus at... As I mentioned above, I'm not sure if I have been specific enough regarding certain influences. One thing is to be specific enough with my Timeline, that I think it overall is (the Zelda One-Shot, The Legend of Link is enough to justify this. That is the first story the Zelda elements were brought in anyhow, and how it later shaped the other stories I wrote as well). Like I try to make every story stand on its own story-wise however, I should try to state the influences with each story as well in the same manner...

So yeah, here's what definitely intrigues me:

"Concerning the "Tri-force" is it some sort of Yin-Yang wannabe? Don't get this twisted, Hagoromo was known to had master Yin-Yang and thus had the ability to create things from nothingness, breath life into things and turn imagination into reality. I really would like to know the more about "Tri-force" abilities and what you could perform through it. I suppose I have to stick to this story for me to know this eventually."

Instead of trying to explain and go into details, which would make this long post even longer, let me just urge you to watch this:

That alone should answer everything on the Triforce. As for this story, like I think I mentioned to Trea, the Triforce won't be making another appearance after this chapter, nor will it ever be refereed to again until the very end of the Timeline as portrayed at the end of my Series Finale for TLSoK. What I can say or even theorize on however, is that in addition to sealing away the Jubi and awakening the Rinnegan, some of Hagoromo's "peculiar" abilities as those mentioned by you, could indeed relate to the Triforce and how it grants wishes. It's an interesting angle for sure.

Last parts:

"Lastly, I still feel Hagoromo using Rasenshuriken should had end the battle. I mean Rasenshuriken kills on a cellular-level."

It sure should have, but it didn't. Why? You could theorize on this in many different ways, some including;
1: The Force protected him.
2: The Energy of the Dark side nullified the effects of the RasenShuriken and acted as a shield to protect him.
3: Demise's body isn't made up of human flesh, and won't react in the same way.
4: Only the Master Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, can defeat him (since he's the embodiment of evil).
5: He already survived it once where Naruto/Menma sent him flying. He was so badly injured back then (hence the "I'm not as strong as I used to be/I'm a shell of my former self" phrase), that once he recovered, he sort of found a way to protect himself against such techniques/found a way to neglect the effect, etc.

Pick whatever one you will my friend :p

"Also isn't Naruto/Menma from the future if am not mistaken? How the hell did Hagoromo get to use something that hasn't been invented?"

Since you never read my Series Finale, let me clarify:

When Naruto traveled through time he had to give up many things, one of them being his pure body, which also included the Jubi (and the 9 beasts co-living inside of it - Hence why chakra eventually disappeared from the world in corresponds to the other requirements. Yes the beasts moved on to the afterlife when Naruto went to the past), and another, his connection to chakra and the powers of the future. That is why Naruto, as explained by him to Hagoromo in chapter 7, has been declining since he came to the past, why he had to meditate for 1000 of years to maintain/reserve his powers, etc. Even if he has lost his ability to sort of regenerate those powers, he still has the biggest reserve in the history of the galaxy, so he brought with him the chakra he possessed, and has been using of his reserve ever since. Once he empties, he's empty for good. That is why he's been able to utilize chakra before chakra existed, that is why he was able to preform the RasenShuriken back then (against Demise) before it was invented. And that is why he's able to possess Hagoromo's body temporarily to lend him his powers and guide him/use him to preform the Rasengan and the RasenShuriken one last time as seen in this arc.

I sort of joked about this earlier on one of the earlier chapter (even to you I think), that this sort of created a time paradox. If Naruto went to the past and used the Rasengan there, and even "taught" Hagoromo the Rasengan in the past, who was it that, "chronologically," invented the Rasengan? Minato or Naruto? xd The same thing can be said about the Master Sword being that Naruto draws it for the first time in his fight against Hagoromo which thus would have made him the 8th wielder of the sword, but as it turns out, he's actually the 2nd wielder already having appeared in the past in the future-past, and that is why he's even able to lift the sword in that fight in the first place (as every other wielder has had to get the "power" transferred from wielder to wielder sort of - See Recollection of the Past). In a way, he's both the 2nd and the 8th wielder of the Master Sword, but there's no one-answer to what is canon and what is not...

From a timeline perspective, Naruto succeeded as the Master Sword's 2nd wielder, and created the RasenShuriken and thus the Rasengan 7000 years before Minato did, but from a character point of view, Naruto was the 8th wielder of the sword and learned to do the Rasengan from his teacher Jiraiya. Hard to wrap your head around it all xd

So yeah, with all this in mind, Hagoromo sort of break the rules by using a technique that technically hasn't been invented yet, and I felt that having Hagoromo winning the battle with Demise depending solely on Naruto coming in to save the day with a RasenShuriken would feel way too cheap. And I bet you guys would have nagged me even more if I did thinking that he had enough help already, haha.

8.5/10 is pretty high up there ^^ Thanks again for reading and for commenting. Hopefully you'll find some value in this post ;)

PS: Something I thought of... Since you kept saying Raven instead of Revan, I must ask if you're a fan of Tekken? xd Or is that just a peculiar coincident, haha.

Last edited:

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0πŸ’Έ
Kumi
0πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
So Demise is the final floor Boss and is an opponent who Naruto and Revan were unable to defeat and yet Hagoromo has to! I mean, he is the eventual Rikudou but this is seemingly an overwhelmingly challenge for him! Also, I’m questioning why Demise of all possible opponents would be the final Boss as his reasoning isn’t clear. I have a few theories and so I’m eager to find out. It’s interesting that Demise seems to also possess a form of perception on top of being undefeated. I like what you decided for the reason of his current position as well as their meeting. It really seems impossible for Hagoromo to win lol I didn’t expect for Demise to summon dark versions of past sword wielders. As of Demise himself was not more than enough for Hagoromo, I can’t understand who he’ll be able to defeat these legendary heroes. I think it’s awesome that Revan has appeared several times to aid Hagoromo ^^ I wasn't certain that Naruto would also aid as Revan seemed to be doing a good job of it. I still can’t recall how Kuroi was sealed by the Master Sword and so I really had no clue as to how Demise would supposedly be defeated but it seemed like the right answer for someone as powerful as him. Well about this long fight, what can I say about it. You know how to do battle sequences and really make them last if you so choose. It was great as usual ;) Finally, Hamura and Bruce make their reappearance lol I liked that Hamura is the healer of the group and was the one to save his brother =D I really liked how you ended this chapter. The Juubi battle and meeting the evil insane Kaguya!!! This next chapter will surely be I think even better than this one! ^^

Author's Note

1 I will say that perhaps dividing this chapter even into 2 chapters would’ve produced a better flow but this is your style and so it's what you felt most comfortable doing so. I mean, it was long and so takes longer to get through and thus the smooth part lacks but it is what it is and you’re not the only one who releases huge chapters so no need to feel bad about it.

2 Yes, now that you mention that and I think the similarity is cool, whether intended or not ;)

So that’s why the shadow fight was cut so short. I wondered why and you make a great point and kudos to you for even catching that potential plot hole bro ;)

3 Well, it’s just that the lightsaber moment was very small and could easily be overlooked. Like you said, thankfully it all worked out for the best and I’m so happy for you that it did. We can so easily put our own foot in our own mouths but you were lucky here. Another plot hole evaded and a pretty big one at that ;)

4 Yeah, I pieced together that the museum items were the Triforce. However, how Revan being the one to know and comment about this, I’m unsure. If anything, I thought Naruto would’ve been the one to say this. Anyways, it was a nice tie-in :)

5 Nice mention, that didn’t occur to me but yeah, there are some things that could be further addressed but really I think you’ve done wonderfully ^^

6 Nice insight and so you even already know how many chapters remain! Well, I’m glad that there’s still a nice amount! ^^

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
So Demise is the final floor Boss and is an opponent who Naruto and Revan were unable to defeat and yet Hagoromo has to! I mean, he is the eventual Rikudou but this is seemingly an overwhelmingly challenge for him! Also, I’m questioning why Demise of all possible opponents would be the final Boss as his reasoning isn’t clear. I have a few theories and so I’m eager to find out. It’s interesting that Demise seems to also possess a form of perception on top of being undefeated. I like what you decided for the reason of his current position as well as their meeting. It really seems impossible for Hagoromo to win lol I didn’t expect for Demise to summon dark versions of past sword wielders. As of Demise himself was not more than enough for Hagoromo, I can’t understand who he’ll be able to defeat these legendary heroes. I think it’s awesome that Revan has appeared several times to aid Hagoromo ^^ I wasn't certain that Naruto would also aid as Revan seemed to be doing a good job of it. I still can’t recall how Kuroi was sealed by the Master Sword and so I really had no clue as to how Demise would supposedly be defeated but it seemed like the right answer for someone as powerful as him. Well about this long fight, what can I say about it. You know how to do battle sequences and really make them last if you so choose. It was great as usual ;) Finally, Hamura and Bruce make their reappearance lol I liked that Hamura is the healer of the group and was the one to save his brother =D I really liked how you ended this chapter. The Juubi battle and meeting the evil insane Kaguya!!! This next chapter will surely be I think even better than this one! ^^

Author's Note

1 I will say that perhaps dividing this chapter even into 2 chapters would’ve produced a better flow but this is your style and so it's what you felt most comfortable doing so. I mean, it was long and so takes longer to get through and thus the smooth part lacks but it is what it is and you’re not the only one who releases huge chapters so no need to feel bad about it.

2 Yes, now that you mention that and I think the similarity is cool, whether intended or not ;)

So that’s why the shadow fight was cut so short. I wondered why and you make a great point and kudos to you for even catching that potential plot hole bro ;)

3 Well, it’s just that the lightsaber moment was very small and could easily be overlooked. Like you said, thankfully it all worked out for the best and I’m so happy for you that it did. We can so easily put our own foot in our own mouths but you were lucky here. Another plot hole evaded and a pretty big one at that ;)

4 Yeah, I pieced together that the museum items were the Triforce. However, how Revan being the one to know and comment about this, I’m unsure. If anything, I thought Naruto would’ve been the one to say this. Anyways, it was a nice tie-in :)

5 Nice mention, that didn’t occur to me but yeah, there are some things that could be further addressed but really I think you’ve done wonderfully ^^

6 Nice insight and so you even already know how many chapters remain! Well, I’m glad that there’s still a nice amount! ^^
I'm glad you liked it =p I must say though, NB has felt so dead lately that something tells me I need to finish things up fast. Like the FF Section is the Titanic and we've already hit the iceberg...

Anyways, off to the post...

The thing about Demise is that it is "convenient" so to speak to have him here. Being that this is a "side/Filler-arc" for most of it, there wasn't in the plans to have a "Naruto" villain at the top, so I had to be creative and I didn't think inventing a new foe for this chapter alone would create the same amount of buzz.

Undefeated is an overstatement xD More like the will to survive or refusal to die. Menma/Naruto and Revan won that battle by all means, haha.

"I think it’s awesome that Revan has appeared several times to aid Hagoromo ^^"

I'm kind of surprised at this after the comments of Trea and Devon xD I mean, they basically stated the opposite, haha xd Btw, did you check out the other posts in this thread as well? Should hold some valuable information for sure.

Hagoromo chopped off his own hand to get free from Kuroi's grasp, before he jumped over him and nailed him to the ground with this sword in his other hand, shouting out the names of everyone he had lost so far... Don't you remember that? xD After Kuroi was sealed, Hagoromo reattached his arm before fainting, leaving it up to Hamura to come to the rescue and stitch up his wound in his stomach.

Like I told Devon, Bruce and Hamura weren't supposed to make a reappearance like that but instead of leaving everything up to Hagoromo, I felt it was a better touch to leave it like this.

The next chapter has a lot of promise going by what I wrote shortly after releasing this chapter. I haven't touched it since then due to several reasons including time, will, interest (my own and from the readers) and basically NB's decline so to speak. Not sure when I'll pick it up, but I am already behind schedule so hopefully this weekend (which means I won't be able to release it before late next week most likely - I have a feeling it will end up huge you see). I might do a preview sooner or later though if the interest for it is high enough. As of now however, people seems to have gone off to the promised land or something xD

1 - Yeah well it depends on the chapter I think. If it's a chapter containing only "one scene" where we're not moving from location to location to spice things up, people might tire out. Chapters like chapter 7 however, which was the biggest standalone chapter I ever did, didn't feel like that at all partly because it contained scenes from all over so to speak. We were always on the move...

2- That seems to be the problem however xd I should focus my time and effort elsewhere, haha.

3 - Apply the same remark as on "2" here xD

4 - Well after Devon asked about it, I have been doing some thinking actually. First of all, I think the origin of the Triforce is left more up to speculation than the Master Sword for instance. However, I think Demise and Revan provided enough information about it here to tell us what it does and where it comes from (Revan even stating that it has existed for a very long time, longer than Demise seems to think). Then again, if I were to look back at my Zelda One-Shot, I think I also provided some information there as well, but I have to say that I never wrote that One-Shot with too much of the Timeline in mind, especially not the Triforce. So the information provided there is probably more basic and common towards the Zelda franchise than acting as support towards its origins here in this Timeline.

- One curious thing to note though when you mention it... The way I see it, Revan only opened the way for the "future Naruto (the one we know from TLSoK and from the manga/anime - before the time-travel)" to come across it "off-screen" so to speak (actually if I remember correctly, it was Hinata who provided it but you'll see what I mean as you read on). Then it hit me like a rock. No matter how unintentional it was at the time, I actually had Naruto give Ikari some sort of necklace at the very end (of my Series Finale - a necklace he received from Hinata I believe) before he traveled through time, that had like some type of magic going on inside of it (can't exactly remember what I came up with here, but I believe it had some sort of Ying/Yang Blue/Red Fire swirling around inside)...

- If you were to put up a theory that could actually hold some ground, maybe Hagoromo had found a way to compress/hide the Triforce shards inside of it, somehow left it in the care to someone else and had it be pass down through generations, which somehow ended up with Hinata either finding it on some market or getting it from her mother/father/someone for her to give it to Naruto later on, for him to pass it along through his legacy only to get it in return as they died, for him to eventually pass it on to Ikari, for Ikari to somehow retrieve them out from the necklace and put them on display (not knowing the powers they hold) later on for his museum. That's my theory at least, haha xd Since it is my theory, maybe I should make it official, hmmm... Maybe I should let Hagoromo, having already given his youngest son his "powers" as his successor, give it to his daughter, who will then go on and "create" the Uzumaki clan later on. Which would pawn way for them to learn incredible sealing techniques, which again would make them sought out. Maybe that is why their country was destroyed and baam! We have one heck of a theory stitching together different events, haha.

5 - Maybe I should come up with something like Hagoromo stating that he has to seal away the Titans to another part of the Underworld, where only the Titans will be contained. That could easily work... Think I might go with that actually. *Pens down note*

6 - Well I've known that for a long time now. The way I see it, I have one huge chapter left (the next one), and after that, I will most likely have 4 short ones left to go. How short they will be is still unknown, but I know for a fact that I have very little (notes) to work with regarding them.

Oh and as an additional bonus since Devon can't seem to make up his mind/get time to reply to my reply, I'll leave this video (also from Ocarina of Time) explaining the Master Sword (like the last video explained the Triforce) with some other information about the universe as well, here (whether you check it out and/or the other video(s) is up to you);

Side note; The player named his character "Nokia" in this play-through xd

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0πŸ’Έ
Kumi
0πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
I'm glad you liked it =p I must say though, NB has felt so dead lately that something tells me I need to finish things up fast. Like the FF Section is the Titanic and we've already hit the iceberg...

Anyways, off to the post...

The thing about Demise is that it is "convenient" so to speak to have him here. Being that this is a "side/Filler-arc" for most of it, there wasn't in the plans to have a "Naruto" villain at the top, so I had to be creative and I didn't think inventing a new foe for this chapter alone would create the same amount of buzz.

Undefeated is an overstatement xD More like the will to survive or refusal to die. Menma/Naruto and Revan won that battle by all means, haha.

"I think it’s awesome that Revan has appeared several times to aid Hagoromo ^^"

I'm kind of surprised at this after the comments of Trea and Devon xD I mean, they basically stated the opposite, haha xd Btw, did you check out the other posts in this thread as well? Should hold some valuable information for sure.

Hagoromo chopped off his own hand to get free from Kuroi's grasp, before he jumped over him and nailed him to the ground with this sword in his other hand, shouting out the names of everyone he had lost so far... Don't you remember that? xD After Kuroi was sealed, Hagoromo reattached his arm before fainting, leaving it up to Hamura to come to the rescue and stitch up his wound in his stomach.

Like I told Devon, Bruce and Hamura weren't supposed to make a reappearance like that but instead of leaving everything up to Hagoromo, I felt it was a better touch to leave it like this.

The next chapter has a lot of promise going by what I wrote shortly after releasing this chapter. I haven't touched it since then due to several reasons including time, will, interest (my own and from the readers) and basically NB's decline so to speak. Not sure when I'll pick it up, but I am already behind schedule so hopefully this weekend (which means I won't be able to release it before late next week most likely - I have a feeling it will end up huge you see). I might do a preview sooner or later though if the interest for it is high enough. As of now however, people seems to have gone off to the promised land or something xD

1 - Yeah well it depends on the chapter I think. If it's a chapter containing only "one scene" where we're not moving from location to location to spice things up, people might tire out. Chapters like chapter 7 however, which was the biggest standalone chapter I ever did, didn't feel like that at all partly because it contained scenes from all over so to speak. We were always on the move...

2- That seems to be the problem however xd I should focus my time and effort elsewhere, haha.

3 - Apply the same remark as on "2" here xD

4 - Well after Devon asked about it, I have been doing some thinking actually. First of all, I think the origin of the Triforce is left more up to speculation than the Master Sword for instance. However, I think Demise and Revan provided enough information about it here to tell us what it does and where it comes from (Revan even stating that it has existed for a very long time, longer than Demise seems to think). Then again, if I were to look back at my Zelda One-Shot, I think I also provided some information there as well, but I have to say that I never wrote that One-Shot with too much of the Timeline in mind, especially not the Triforce. So the information provided there is probably more basic and common towards the Zelda franchise than acting as support towards its origins here in this Timeline.

- One curious thing to note though when you mention it... The way I see it, Revan only opened the way for the "future Naruto (the one we know from TLSoK and from the manga/anime - before the time-travel)" to come across it "off-screen" so to speak (actually if I remember correctly, it was Hinata who provided it but you'll see what I mean as you read on). Then it hit me like a rock. No matter how unintentional it was at the time, I actually had Naruto give Ikari some sort of necklace at the very end (of my Series Finale - a necklace he received from Hinata I believe) before he traveled through time, that had like some type of magic going on inside of it (can't exactly remember what I came up with here, but I believe it had some sort of Ying/Yang Blue/Red Fire swirling around inside)...

- If you were to put up a theory that could actually hold some ground, maybe Hagoromo had found a way to compress/hide the Triforce shards inside of it, somehow left it in the care to someone else and had it be pass down through generations, which somehow ended up with Hinata either finding it on some market or getting it from her mother/father/someone for her to give it to Naruto later on, for him to pass it along through his legacy only to get it in return as they died, for him to eventually pass it on to Ikari, for Ikari to somehow retrieve them out from the necklace and put them on display (not knowing the powers they hold) later on for his museum. That's my theory at least, haha xd Since it is my theory, maybe I should make it official, hmmm... Maybe I should let Hagoromo, having already given his youngest son his "powers" as his successor, give it to his daughter, who will then go on and "create" the Uzumaki clan later on. Which would pawn way for them to learn incredible sealing techniques, which again would make them sought out. Maybe that is why their country was destroyed and baam! We have one heck of a theory stitching together different events, haha.

5 - Maybe I should come up with something like Hagoromo stating that he has to seal away the Titans to another part of the Underworld, where only the Titans will be contained. That could easily work... Think I might go with that actually. *Pens down note*

6 - Well I've known that for a long time now. The way I see it, I have one huge chapter left (the next one), and after that, I will most likely have 4 short ones left to go. How short they will be is still unknown, but I know for a fact that I have very little (notes) to work with regarding them.

Oh and as an additional bonus since Devon can't seem to make up his mind/get time to reply to my reply, I'll leave this video (also from Ocarina of Time) explaining the Master Sword (like the last video explained the Triforce) with some other information about the universe as well, here (whether you check it out and/or the other video(s) is up to you);

Side note; The player named his character "Nokia" in this play-through xd
Yeah, I’m saddened to hear that hopefully it’s just a case of our friends being busy ;)

Well, it’s nice to see your point of view on that ^^

You’re right, I suppose what I meant was that Demise had yet to be killed and so wrong choice of word on my part lol

I see, I just checked out Trea’s feedback and yeah, it was the complete opposite of mines XD I get her point of view but I liked that you hadn’t progressed Hagoromo as much in his prowess thus needing the help ^^

Yep, I had forgotten about that dude. I feel so bad. It’s not for lack of trying, just my memory. Thank you so much for providing that previous event though, you’re so thoughtful ;)

And it was a fine choice by you. They were both basically incapacitated anyways and again, I liked the help that Hagoromo received ^^

LOL I see, I get why the decline in releasing the next chapter but I’m glad it was a brief moment and that it’ll be released within the coming week or so ^^

1 Nice point :)

2 I get what you mean, I definitely appreciate the time and effort you put into work ;)

3 And I’ll apply the same answer from 2 here as well XD

4 That’s some good insight. I can’t recall about the necklace as it was awhile ago but thanks for mentioning about it.

That is definitely one heck of a theory. And to think you came up with this when replying back to my post! O.O It would surely provide some filling to the gaps of the Triforce but you have provided some info via this chapter :) You told me earlier that this was going to be interesting and indeed it was lol

5 Wow, I’m surprised that a version of events just popped into your head like that lol Good for you and whatever the final product will be, I’m sure it’ll be great! ^^

6 Oh, that’s nice to know. It’s always great to have an idea of where you’re headed and even better to know the conclusion way beforehand ^^ Thanks for providing even further info of this FF ;)

LOL My brother had played this a while ago. I can’t recall if he finished it. Anyways, unfortunately I don’t remember this clip so I’ll watch it to jog my memory lol Yeah, I just rewatched the clip and it did bring back some recollection :) Thanks for the insight as always! ;)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Yeah, I’m saddened to hear that hopefully it’s just a case of our friends being busy ;)

Well, it’s nice to see your point of view on that ^^

You’re right, I suppose what I meant was that Demise had yet to be killed and so wrong choice of word on my part lol

I see, I just checked out Trea’s feedback and yeah, it was the complete opposite of mines XD I get her point of view but I liked that you hadn’t progressed Hagoromo as much in his prowess thus needing the help ^^

Yep, I had forgotten about that dude. I feel so bad. It’s not for lack of trying, just my memory. Thank you so much for providing that previous event though, you’re so thoughtful ;)

And it was a fine choice by you. They were both basically incapacitated anyways and again, I liked the help that Hagoromo received ^^

LOL I see, I get why the decline in releasing the next chapter but I’m glad it was a brief moment and that it’ll be released within the coming week or so ^^

1 Nice point :)

2 I get what you mean, I definitely appreciate the time and effort you put into work ;)

3 And I’ll apply the same answer from 2 here as well XD

4 That’s some good insight. I can’t recall about the necklace as it was awhile ago but thanks for mentioning about it.

That is definitely one heck of a theory. And to think you came up with this when replying back to my post! O.O It would surely provide some filling to the gaps of the Triforce but you have provided some info via this chapter :) You told me earlier that this was going to be interesting and indeed it was lol

5 Wow, I’m surprised that a version of events just popped into your head like that lol Good for you and whatever the final product will be, I’m sure it’ll be great! ^^

6 Oh, that’s nice to know. It’s always great to have an idea of where you’re headed and even better to know the conclusion way beforehand ^^ Thanks for providing even further info of this FF ;)

LOL My brother had played this a while ago. I can’t recall if he finished it. Anyways, unfortunately I don’t remember this clip so I’ll watch it to jog my memory lol Yeah, I just rewatched the clip and it did bring back some recollection :) Thanks for the insight as always! ;)
Well the undeniable matter of fact is that I got 5 more chapters to go, so I suppose (for me) it doesn't really matter after that. I might have to decide how to launch my Three Kingdoms idea at some point however, but I think things might have changed a lot by then - not to forget about the collaboration Ryan and I have planned.

Haha true. As I mentioned before, I made up my mind about it at the end of Recollection when I teased his possibly appearance in TLSoSP back then.

Lmao I see xD

Well in that case it seems like you are the only one to fully understand my (current) view on Hagoromo and the progress he is making/is meant to make. Not that I know it for sure, but I believe it is easier to think the contrary due to his prowess in the manga. After the Jubi fight however, he will jump ahead drastically, sort of like how I jumped Naruto ahead in power after he sealed away the Jubi in TLSoK Returns. I never really thought much about it, but I somehow predicted Naruto's ability to regrow certain parts of one's body. Not only did he save Gai after the latter had used the 8 gates (don't know how I haven't realized/remembered that I did this prior to its happening in the manga), but also regrew an arm (while in the manga he regrew Kakashi's eye). With Hagoromo, the leap in power is going to be even more grand. While I gave Naruto time in my Series to grow by jumping far ahead in time after he got his "power-up," Hagoromo on the other hand will achieve such levels much faster and efficiently.

One would think that you would remember the character that is named after you XD But you are welcome my friend xd ;)

Well as long as you three are still around, I still have a reason for releasing the final chapters xD

2/3 - xd

4 - Yeah well I felt at the time that it would be cool if Naruto actually passed something down to Ikari other than training and advices. That is why I came up with him giving him that necklace in the first place, and also why I came up with Naruto leaving his Hokage-robe behind for him as well. Thinking at it, it would make sense that Naruto at the time could sense the future and what Ikari would do with the cape and the necklace. That would also make sense being that Naruto got flashes of the future and of Ikari in The Forgotten Tale while he was having amnesia.

Yeah I was just brainstorming on the go xD Actually worked some other notes out of it as well ;)

I suppose my Timeline is so rich and filled with small details now that can be worked into almost anything and everything if I felt like it or had to.

5 - Actually, maybe I should touch upon the fact that Hagoromo needs to (re)visit the Underworld at some point. Maybe even Demise and Kuroi makes a reappearance. Maybe even some type of glimpse from the future happens, and an alternative future version of Naruto (that is not the wizard yet) appears. Maybe Raiba and Tobi (I think Naruto sealed away Tobi inside the Master Sword... Or that's way too far-fetched to just go by when I can't even remember the details xP), or even a future version of Hagoromo himself! Yeah, Naruto sealed away Hagoromo there didn't he in Returns? xd Lots of possibilities now, haha. If I find a way to work this in, things will surely go out of control and mess up the timeline. What if Naruto as he went back in time, somehow stopped by the Underworld and thus had a memory loss before he actually went back in time and met Revan?? Hmmm...

Well that clip was more pointed at Devon, but this video and the one about the Triforce in my earlier post sort of gives an idea what and from where I've based my ideas regarding them comes from.

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0πŸ’Έ
Kumi
0πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Well the undeniable matter of fact is that I got 5 more chapters to go, so I suppose (for me) it doesn't really matter after that. I might have to decide how to launch my Three Kingdoms idea at some point however, but I think things might have changed a lot by then - not to forget about the collaboration Ryan and I have planned.

Haha true. As I mentioned before, I made up my mind about it at the end of Recollection when I teased his possibly appearance in TLSoSP back then.

Lmao I see xD

Well in that case it seems like you are the only one to fully understand my (current) view on Hagoromo and the progress he is making/is meant to make. Not that I know it for sure, but I believe it is easier to think the contrary due to his prowess in the manga. After the Jubi fight however, he will jump ahead drastically, sort of like how I jumped Naruto ahead in power after he sealed away the Jubi in TLSoK Returns. I never really thought much about it, but I somehow predicted Naruto's ability to regrow certain parts of one's body. Not only did he save Gai after the latter had used the 8 gates (don't know how I haven't realized/remembered that I did this prior to its happening in the manga), but also regrew an arm (while in the manga he regrew Kakashi's eye). With Hagoromo, the leap in power is going to be even more grand. While I gave Naruto time in my Series to grow by jumping far ahead in time after he got his "power-up," Hagoromo on the other hand will achieve such levels much faster and efficiently.

One would think that you would remember the character that is named after you XD But you are welcome my friend xd ;)

Well as long as you three are still around, I still have a reason for releasing the final chapters xD

2/3 - xd

4 - Yeah well I felt at the time that it would be cool if Naruto actually passed something down to Ikari other than training and advices. That is why I came up with him giving him that necklace in the first place, and also why I came up with Naruto leaving his Hokage-robe behind for him as well. Thinking at it, it would make sense that Naruto at the time could sense the future and what Ikari would do with the cape and the necklace. That would also make sense being that Naruto got flashes of the future and of Ikari in The Forgotten Tale while he was having amnesia.

Yeah I was just brainstorming on the go xD Actually worked some other notes out of it as well ;)

I suppose my Timeline is so rich and filled with small details now that can be worked into almost anything and everything if I felt like it or had to.

5 - Actually, maybe I should touch upon the fact that Hagoromo needs to (re)visit the Underworld at some point. Maybe even Demise and Kuroi makes a reappearance. Maybe even some type of glimpse from the future happens, and an alternative future version of Naruto (that is not the wizard yet) appears. Maybe Raiba and Tobi (I think Naruto sealed away Tobi inside the Master Sword... Or that's way too far-fetched to just go by when I can't even remember the details xP), or even a future version of Hagoromo himself! Yeah, Naruto sealed away Hagoromo there didn't he in Returns? xd Lots of possibilities now, haha. If I find a way to work this in, things will surely go out of control and mess up the timeline. What if Naruto as he went back in time, somehow stopped by the Underworld and thus had a memory loss before he actually went back in time and met Revan?? Hmmm...

Well that clip was more pointed at Devon, but this video and the one about the Triforce in my earlier post sort of gives an idea what and from where I've based my ideas regarding them comes from.
I see and yeah, I of course forgot about your collabfic but whenever that is released, I’m sure it’ll be interesting ;)

Yeah, I suppose I just didn't think Demise would make his re-entrance as the final floor boss and in doing so, in my opinion was awesome as I didn’t expect it. Perhaps others did and it was just my naivety but none the less, it was an interesting choice on your part.

Nice, well to have Hagoromo (even though he’s the Legendary Sage) excel to a power level alike how Naruto was towards the end of the manga in a short period of time, in my opinion would’ve been a little nonsensical. I mean sure one could argue that he would eventually grow up to become the God-like figure but in my opinion, the steady route you’ve been taking with him power-wise seems well done =D Nice, now that you mention these events both in your story and the manga, it just goes to show how in tune you’re with Kishi’s work ;) Well a jump in power I suppose was inevitable but at least you gave Hagoromo room for that eventual rise.

Well that’s good to hear :)

4 I see, that all makes sense to me. Wow, it seems like only you could pull off such a feat ;)

5 About Naruto sealing up Hagoromo in Return, I can’t say for sure but it sounds about right. Whoa, that is a lot to think about. So many different scenarios lol A lot of it sounding much like Future Trunks which isn’t a bad thing. It’s interesting in its own right ;) I like the ideas but I wonder what you’ll do now XD I see, well yeah, it did provide insight so the video was a plus ^^

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
I see and yeah, I of course forgot about your collabfic but whenever that is released, I’m sure it’ll be interesting ;)

Yeah, I suppose I just didn't think Demise would make his re-entrance as the final floor boss and in doing so, in my opinion was awesome as I didn’t expect it. Perhaps others did and it was just my naivety but none the less, it was an interesting choice on your part.

Nice, well to have Hagoromo (even though he’s the Legendary Sage) excel to a power level alike how Naruto was towards the end of the manga in a short period of time, in my opinion would’ve been a little nonsensical. I mean sure one could argue that he would eventually grow up to become the God-like figure but in my opinion, the steady route you’ve been taking with him power-wise seems well done =D Nice, now that you mention these events both in your story and the manga, it just goes to show how in tune you’re with Kishi’s work ;) Well a jump in power I suppose was inevitable but at least you gave Hagoromo room for that eventual rise.

Well that’s good to hear :)

4 I see, that all makes sense to me. Wow, it seems like only you could pull off such a feat ;)

5 About Naruto sealing up Hagoromo in Return, I can’t say for sure but it sounds about right. Whoa, that is a lot to think about. So many different scenarios lol A lot of it sounding much like Future Trunks which isn’t a bad thing. It’s interesting in its own right ;) I like the ideas but I wonder what you’ll do now XD I see, well yeah, it did provide insight so the video was a plus ^^
We'll see =p

Not sure what to reply to so I'll keep it short this time by saying just that. We'll see =p Think I'll be picking up chapter 12 tomorrow and finishing it up by the weekend, mhm...

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0πŸ’Έ
Kumi
-6πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Well I'll be damned..that was long xD
Thoroughly enjoyed reading through though. But really is the force and all that stuff in star wars really that strong? :lol
Awesome fight scene..though I'll have loved to see Hagoromo do more on his own or probably a little tag team with Bruce or Hamura. Nevertheless it was great! On to the next chap for me :happy:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586πŸ’Έ
Kumi
74,447πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Well I'll be damned..that was long xD
Thoroughly enjoyed reading through though. But really is the force and all that stuff in star wars really that strong? :lol
Awesome fight scene..though I'll have loved to see Hagoromo do more on his own or probably a little tag team with Bruce or Hamura. Nevertheless it was great! On to the next chap for me :happy:
Actually, that once more depends xD I think I kind of nerffed the Power of the Force in order to focus on sword's play.

Thanks again mate and good to see that you are slowly but steadily finally catching up again ;D I'll be seeing you there then I guess :p