Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lmao...Learning from playing a game huh? Games are awesome! XD
So many consoles .-. I only have a PS3 XD Well, maybe used to because I've totally abandoned it somewhere in this house xD I'm more into playing games on my pc ^^
Maybe I'll Google and read a little on this Sengoku Jidai thing...^^
Maybe cause if the beginning doesn't interest me, I'm bound to stop xD I'm that lazy lol
More like getting a taste of it from games to find out more about it through reading ;) But yeah, some games rock xD =p

Well if you truly are interested, you should check out the video I posted in my Author's note at chapter 4 ;) I learned a lot from watching that small mini history series.

Awkward Linguist

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A very interesting start ^^ I like varied your sentences and vocabulary so nothing was repeated more than twice. I also like how the Oda clan and the sanada clan relate to Uchiha vs Senju. One being good and the other power hungry. The Uchiha's were once nice people -the most loving in fact- but that a tragedy had turned them the way they are, and that's similar with the Oda clan - they were once in search for peace but now are the complete opposite because of the effects of war on them (especially their leader). Excellent plot progression. And that cliff hanger is killing me xD I want to dive into the next chapter but I don't have time now atm. But definitely tomorrow

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A very interesting start ^^ I like varied your sentences and vocabulary so nothing was repeated more than twice. I also like how the Oda clan and the sanada clan relate to Uchiha vs Senju. One being good and the other power hungry. The Uchiha's were once nice people -the most loving in fact- but that a tragedy had turned them the way they are, and that's similar with the Oda clan - they were once in search for peace but now are the complete opposite because of the effects of war on them (especially their leader). Excellent plot progression. And that cliff hanger is killing me xD I want to dive into the next chapter but I don't have time now atm. But definitely tomorrow
Awesome review! =D When you said you were going to read the whole thing by tonight, I was certain you were referring to all 5 chapters, haha. But seeing your review on this one now, I'm pleased with the possibility of seeing a review per chapter instead of one summary review on the last :p

Thanks. Being that English is not my mother tongue, it is sometimes hard to variate my language too much, so hearing that I've avoided too much repetition is a nice thing =)

Actually, I haven't thought too much on that, but I guess it has been something that has been on my mind without me thinking about it. And it also makes sense now that you mention it. It is after all a prequel to the Naruto story, and despite the fact that it revolves around the Sage of Six Paths, this story is so much more too. As you might already understand, it bases itself a lot on the "unknown" background history of the Samurai present in the manga story as well in a sense.

Cool, I'll be waiting to hear what you have to say then ^^ Being that I still think that my 1st chapter is the best "feeling wise," it's great to know that you thought it was good.

Looking at it now, if you catch up as well, this will be my most successful story in ages, haha.

Reactions: Awkward Linguist

Mis

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mr. Michael. Wow. You blew me away.

I had assumed you were good, but I was definitely not expecting you to be this good. I'm not really into review writting, but there are a few things I'd like to let you know after reading this. First of all, you just gained yourself a new dedicated reader! :yay: Your descriptions are perfectly done, I can easily picture everything happening in my mind. And the words you use seem to fit so nicely together! One thing that also astonished me was the impressive usage of English. It's not my mother tongue either, but you seem to dominate it whatsoever. I am a bookworm, but I've only been reading in Portuguese until last year, when I decided I should started improving my english vocabulary by reading more complex things. I think this might help. :eek:k: I'm definitely going to follow this!

Oh, and this undoubtedly explains why you've got so many medals~

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mr. Michael. Wow. You blew me away.

I had assumed you were good, but I was definitely not expecting you to be this good. I'm not really into review writting, but there are a few things I'd like to let you know after reading this. First of all, you just gained yourself a new dedicated reader! :yay: Your descriptions are perfectly done, I can easily picture everything happening in my mind. And the words you use seem to fit so nicely together! One thing that also astonished me was the impressive usage of English. It's not my mother tongue either, but you seem to dominate it whatsoever. I am a bookworm, but I've only been reading in Portuguese until last year, when I decided I should started improving my english vocabulary by reading more complex things. I think this might help. :eek:k: I'm definitely going to follow this!

Oh, and this undoubtedly explains why you've got so many medals~
Screw my pc, I'm going to try and do this on my phone as it can't wait. Obviously I got nothing better to do so why not. All I can say is that my reply might end up a bit shorter than usual but I suppose that's okay too, so let's see...

Nobody's ever called me that before, haha, and I had literally no belief that I would be able to do that. In fact, I wasn't even sure on your intent about reading but I suppose being able to blow people away is something to always strive for =p

That's one heck of a compliment knowing that I've never viewed myself more than decent, especially with me not being English and that this has always been "just" a side hobby and all. I thought I would be able to impress with this Series if anything (as it differs some to my past works being in 1st person and all), but I had no idea that you would feel this way about it, at least not after stating that you've never been much of a "forum" reader yet along hanging around the FF Section.

Well in the state of FF sectional decline, I couldn't be happier to get as many readers as I can. So far, this has been my most successful work reader-wise since my earlier years and I suppose that says something knowing how the FF section has fared since late 2012 with its lack of readers (especially dedicated ones) and the "overflow" of writers. I haven't had more than a three average readers for my last two years, but if you truly stick around for what seems to become a decent (lengthy) ride, I might tally up to between 6-8 readers which is truly mind blowing. Not only considering the times but also the fact that there are some other truly great writers out here.

Well once again thanks for the compliments ^__^ It's truly heartwarming to read such a review now at this stage, with me being in the hospital and all (which I might not have mentioned to a lot of folks on here yet. Don't like to state it unless asked how I am, haha).

The fact that I've never looked upon my grammar and detaling as my strong sides but rather focused on story - telling and fluency instead, it's a huge compliment to hear these things from you. I suppose people improve, but I had never dreamt of hearing such "new" words now regarding it thinking about the horrible grammar of my first work xD

I'll be sure to hold you to it then! =);)

Haha, not many people would agree to that. The contests have been labeled 'biased' and to some degree random by a lot of members, that the 'more medals you got, the easier it is for people to vote for you.' After I won my 16th medal, I stopped caring so much about it and rather joined for fun. There's a lot of great writers there to chat and have fun with.

PS: If this reply somewhat has a few holes in it, it's because like I said, I'm on my phone and it's harder and more time-consuming to go over so please excuse that.

Now you don't have to reply to this review if you rather want to continue reading at some point. A read of this reply should be sufficient enough for me at this stage unless there's something that intrigued you or that you want to discuss that is ;)

One question I'd like to ask though is how your initial view on this story being about the Sage of Six Paths and all might have changed after reading the first chapter? Like we discussed, it should be as original as it gets for most part and almost anyone can read it. Don't know how you relate to that or what you now think about it?