Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Update:

Hey there friends, I know it has been awhile since the last chapter (In fact almost a month ago), and I'm sorry that I haven't been able to make it and put it up earlier, but the two last weeks since I came home has been filled with work, school and catching up to stuff so I haven't been able to write chapter 8 as soon as I wanted.

However, I have been able to start at it today and I expect it to be done by tomorrow or Friday, so for those who are waiting for it stay tuned for then as I will provide links to everyone that has commented on this chapter and chapter 2 of Sasuke chronicles.

So I hope to see as many as possible tomorrow or Friday then (It's Wedensday here if anyone wondered);)
Thanks for being patient.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yay I can't wait
Thanks for being patient. I got some stuff to do tomorrow, but If I'm lucky I might squize chapter 8 in and finish it. If not, I will post it on Friday (It's Thursday morning 04.00 am here right now);)

Yay very much looking forward to the next chapter :D
Ofcourse real life comes first.
Hey there, so you read my FF as well:p

Yeah I have had some stuff to do since I came back from my school trip to London and Paris, but I've gotten some free time again to work on chapter 8. As I said in the reply to Deidara Nara, it won't be long now;)

UPDATE 2:

Chapter 8 Released!:

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Retrospective after-thoughts, Part 9:

Akashi, Makito, Sakito, Sonia, Ryu and Nobunaga... Going into this reread I could honestly only remember Akashi and the previously revealed Akatsuki members Keiji and Kazuki. I knew there were a lot of new ones in here obviously but I just had no idea what their names were. Even the names I remembered were a bit blurry but I had a general idea of what their names sounded like at least, but the rest of the names introduced here was mind bending to read again, like remembering an old lost friend I had completely forgotten about.

As I'm reading this I distinctively recall feeling that it was hard to have all these characters on the screen at the same time and making them do something useful, like a lot of them just became stand-byers, which is probably why it felt like the closer I got to the Kage meeting and got to focus on 1-on-1 battles, or even 1-on-2+, the better it would be. I can see that in the author's note I actually reflected upon this and said the same thing. With all that in mind though, it wasn't bad at all. There's obviously lacking narration that would make it flow better, but still, only so much you can do with narration in a script style.

Also this 'Akashi mystery' I set up at the time with him knowing Rasengan and Shadow possession was really cool, maybe even ahead of its time. Looking back now the shock value of Naruto's Rasengan being countered with Akashi's Rasengan reminds me a bit of the same shock value when Konohamaru clashes with kashin koji in Boruto and realizes he knows Rasengan.

Also, also, the way I incorporated Naruto's Thunder God to not needing to rely on seals as long as he saw where he was going here reminds me a lot of Sasuke's Rinnegan teleportation, which is cool. Maybe Kishi did read some of this after all .:LOL::lok:

Knowing how Naruto gets nerfed in Boruto when he loses Kurama makes his power level now seem more similar to what it was when I wrote this story. Granted I give him crazy power-ups as I go, but this makes me think about the potential he still has even without Kurama in Boruto if he just learns some new jutsus and perfect the ones he has. Going into instant Sage mode like he does here is a bit OP though ngl xD

The fact that I pressed 'post' on this chapter literally as I was heading out the door to the airport is a funny note to recall xD I remember wondering for a week what people had had to say about the chapter back then... How different things were without the smartphone society we live in today where you always have easy access wherever you go :lok::LOL:

Regarding my past self's opinion in the last part of the author's note, I disagree a bit. I think this one is better than any of the Sasuke chronicles so far, but it's probably not as good as chapter 6. The chapters without any fighting seems to have been the best so far ironically, considering there will only be battling in the future almost xD

7/10