Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Retrospective Afterthoughts, Part 19:

"PS: The Social Group just passed 80 Members not long ago and is getting closer and closer to 100 Members everyday. I want to thank all the members for their undying support, I really appreciate it a lot"

^ Damn I had forgotten about significance of the member function of the Social Groups back then, but now that I think about it, I think I crossed the 100 members mark before the social groups were disabled. Granted a lot of those members might have joined for the sake of joining, but I guess that gives a general idea of how many different people at least stopped by and read a chapter or two along the way, bonkers xD :lok:

"Btw, the chapter became too long to fit in one post (Reaching over the limit of 40 000 letters), so I had to divide it and put the end of it in the post below."

^ I can't believe I was already hitting the 50k letter mark back then when my longest chapter ever was 150k letters, just about 3 times as big as this. I suppose being in dialogue style, a lot of letters gets added extra here with the names of the characters before each sentence and therefore it's bigger than it seems and takes way less time to read, but still. My general assumption has been for years that most of the earlier chapters were nowhere close to being big. I guess it's a huge difference between letter count and word count, and the two styles which makes it that way though for sure, but interesting to take note of nonetheless :lok:.

"Looks like you believed too much in the words of Sonia. For your information, it was only her who had someone close to her kidnapped."

^ I literally thought about and remembered everything back then. I was worried I had made the good guys kill off 'innocent' people in one of my earlier retrospectives on one of the earlier chapters, but of course I had that under control back then and cleared that up here, even if I wrote this one months later.

"Keiji: Iron Style: Steel spikes!

Rock Lee: Watch out Shikamaru!

Narrator: Rock Lee used his speed as he grabbed Shikamaru and ran as fast as he could while Keiji followed up with his bombardment of spikes. Lee jumped behind a rock that was in front of him, as Keiji's spikes crashed into it."

^ Hmm... Either the Boruto anime copied me and had Deepa use a similar technique with is iron cubes flying everywhere, or, my original inspiration for this was from the 3rd Kazekage which probably is the-... Yeah, that has to be it, nvm, lol, but still.

"Chojuro: Hiramekarei... it's gone... he to....oo....oo-ke... it."

^ Daaaamn the plot is starting to really pick itself up now, I killed off Chojuro in this one and off-screen at that, damn that's rough. This scene was pretty good though ngl and it served the later plot well, also guess that means he was the first Canon character to go (not counting Kitsuchi in Sasuke Chronicles 3) and the first of the good guys so to speak, which is kind of funny to think about considering the fact that he went on to become the next Mizukage in the Manga. I'm not even sure if Killerbee is really dead in this though but if he is then he as well I guess.

---

There seems to be a difference in quality in some of these battles lately. Some are short and sweet, some are rushed and a bit cliche, while others are stretched out and surprisingly well detailed. My initial thought was that some of them seemed a bit pointless or over too quickly in this particular chapter, but then I recalled the sentiment I had at the time of writing this where I had way too many characters and battles into play at once and I sort of needed some of these battles to be a bit subpar and short so I could move the plot along to the more interesting 'main' battles later on. With that in mind, I'll be a bit more lenient towards my score than I was thinking I was going to be while reading. The less fight heavy scenes in this one on the other hand were surprisingly good in comparison which is a surprise in a story like this where it's usually the other way around, but guess that's a good thing, hmmm... In a way I guess you could say the chapter grew on me the longer we got into it and the tensity was high pretty much throughout the whole of it as well.

Something I am noticing now which I never thought I would be able to say again, is that the war that takes place now in my story here as I'm reading is happening in Kirigakure, which also by chance is the same village the current ongoing war arc in the Boruto anime takes place in right now. Strange coincident indeed, lol...

- Suigetsu is the fuc*ing Spy?! It's not revealed in this chapter but reading it it suddenly struck me! God damn how did I forget that detail, Jesus fudging Christ what a mind-blowing plot-twist! xD That's a grade up in score based on that genius development alone, lol, although it is not 'officially' revealed before Returns chapter 10 or something so a somewhat spoiler I guess for the crickets and ghosts that may be reading these, lol...

7.5/10

I just read all the chaps in 3 hours =| I need a Medal xD .. But indeed its awesome.
Wait, what?! You were trolling or what? xD Can't remember seeing you on any of these Ali, lmao.

Last edited: