Lia

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, the title says it. Which villain of TLoK do you like the most?

- Amon
- Unalaq/Vaatu
- Zaheer
- Kuvira

The series is over now and I'd like to read your reasoning. Do you agree with certain beliefs of one or maybe more villains?

I can't really choose between Zaheer and Kuvira.
He is a very spiritual, strong, calm and wise badass with the best lines in the series. An "evil" airbender is also an interesting thing. I really enjoy any moment with him, especially the first episodes of book 3, with the prison breakouts, the finale and episode 9 of book 4. I also like his designes (with hair as well as without it) very much.
Kuvira, on the other hand, is a pretty, impressive and confident woman. She did great job in the earth kingdom while Korra was away and Su didn't want to do anything. I supported her until she built that spirit-weapon-tank and was going to blow up Zhu Li and the little town together. That was for me the point when she overstated the case.
Her back story as a never-loved orphan, which wanted to bring order and stability really touched me. Yeah it may be a cliché but that doesn't matter to me.

If I look at the battles/abilities.. I prefer Zaheer. Kuvira was a strong earth/metalbender but her biggest weapon was her popularity.
Zaheer could fly, which is an ancient and very rare ability. And in general, his fights were much more epic and really intense.

Last edited:

Limbo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd say i like Amon the most, Zaheer comes in second and Kuvira in third, don't even mention Vaatu, that dude sucked asss.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think Kuvira is really a villain she was just creating dictatorship which was stabilizing the earth kingdom. Something Korra should've done.

CDT23

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think Kuvira is really a villain she was just creating dictatorship which was stabilizing the earth kingdom. Something Korra should've done.
So communism is the answer? Na. What she intended to do at first was correct. What she ended up doing was wrong.

Anyways Zaheer is the best and Amon is second. They would have been a deadly duo.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So communism is the answer? Na. What she intended to do at first was correct. What she ended up doing was wrong.

Anyways Zaheer is the best and Amon is second. They would have been a deadly duo.
Its sounds harsh but it contributed to the greater good, reuniting an entire nation that was headed for destruction. Didn't say I agree I just understand it.

Last edited:

Mikeuhsomething36

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Zaheer, not just because of his popularity. Zaheer was an interesting character as a whole. He brought something fresh to the avatar series as not only was he strong but he was wise as well. He knew how to incorporate many of his plans correctly and he performed several feats. He killed the Earth queen, gained the ability of flight, and almost caused world wide anarchy, not to mention the near death and scarring of the avatar in general. Amon was just a tragic figure, vatuu was insanely strong after becoming the dark avatar but he lacked bringing originality, that and he wasn't very interesting in general, he DID however destroy all the avatar's past lives so that's a grand feat, kuvira is just amon, zaheer,vatuu put into one which is a very very bad thing. Power hungry, had a just cause, and a tragic figure which could've been so much better but it wasn't due to the fact that she was just so...cliche, granted she was highly effective at being manipulative but to be honest, that's about it. Her conviction was strong but it just led to insanity, she was just meant to be a shadow of what the main character COULD have become; lik what? Zaheer was the freshest villain to watch and hear from, there was never a boring moment with him. And even after being imprisoned zaheer only grew wiser and become cooler than ever.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Zaheer and his poems man. Find every way to quote an Airbender he couldn't be. That's dedication.
And as such the world/spirits saw it fit to give him airbending.

Lia

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hm I want to say something to every villain now. Maybe there are some of you who would agree and disagree.. it would be nice to discuss these things.

Amon
I have to watch book 1 comepletely and give Amon a chance. The problem I have is this stupid love-triangle in the first season and these robots and the absence of big bending battles. I also didn't like the robots in book 4 but there were a lot of cool bender fights as redemption. Bloodbendig without the full moon also seems like an asspull to me. In TLA it was something very special.

Unalaq/Vaatu
The idea to bring in the spirits was very nice. But Unalaq isn't a interesting person like Amon who wanted to get rid of the advantages of benders in society, Zaheer who wanted extreme freedom for everyone or Kuvira who started to bring order to the earth kingdom but was tainted by power and popularity.
I also don't like the end battle between the two giants. A dark avatar with orange shining eyes was very nice but that Vaatu-giant is stupid. A giant bending battle between two "avatars" would've been awesome, don't you think? Korras transformation into a giant spirit without Raava disgusted me a bit.
Vaatu on the other hand is much better as a "villain". The spirit of darkness himself would've been cool enough, I have to say that the flashback to Wan vs. Vaatu was awesome and is my favorite part of book 2.

Zaheer
He is just awesome. Zaheer is so wise and I love when he is speaking cause there is some truth within every single quote. His agility and the ability to fly are another point why he is awesome. Zaheer is more a dark hero than a villain to me. Although the third book is the best one.. I missed a flashback from the members of the red lotus, such as how and when the red lotus was built, how Ming Hua and Ghazan joined it and how Zaheer saved P'li as a kid. Some more back story and this book would've been absolutely perfect.

Kuvira
Yeah.. I really like her appearance and her using of metalbending. It isn't as creative as Suyins, but still very nice. Controling a giant "mecha-godzilla" with a spirit-weapon was a nice alternative to the awesome element fights in book 3.
One of the best episodes of entire TLoK is, when Kuvira fought Korra in front of Zaofu. Such an easy game for Kuvira.. so easy that she was more dancing than fighting :D
The ending was a bit rushed but it was the best Mike and Bryan could do, when Nickelodeon only gave them 13 episodes for setup (Korras recovery, rise of Kuvira), climax, ending and epilogue.

Last edited: