Elite
Kin
39💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
These are translations, that I find on the internet and post here for us to discuss, of the Novel Version of "Naruto: The Last" the movie.

Hint: You can see the Trailer that I was talking about here -

Hint: You can find raw scans of the whole novel here -

(Pages 114-115)

Page 114:

Naruto and his comrades left the ruins of the abandoned building, where they had stayed in the housing of the cave, and headed towards the next village in search for new information.

En route, the sun was setting, so they made a campground in the middle of a forest.

The light during the evening from the artificial sun was similar to that of moonlight, which was shining frigidly.

As Naruto was napping beside the bonfire, he suddenly awoke. Hinata was not around.
Page 115:

Naruto quietly crawled out of the sleeping bag. Hinata, on the bank of the spring, was mending the red scarf. Naruto abstained from trying to call out to her, and then attentively watched over Hinata from the shadows of the grove of trees.

Until midday yesterday, even though to an extent, he could have done well speaking with Hinata, but her attitude now was cold and distant. Even if Naruto were to say something, Hinata would leave a vague answer.

From there, rather than suddenly calling out to Hinata, Naruto thought about watching a little bit of what she was doing. Hinata was twisting all of the red wool yarn, line by line, with a knitting needle.

As usual, Hinata’s facial expression was unsettling. She seemed to be lost in thought. Her knitting needle was then empty of yarn. Her hands stopped knitting. She sighed deeply.

(Naruto's thoughts:)(As I thought Hinata, you’re weird.)

Naruto, without being seen, walked out from the shadows of the grove of trees. Hinata recognised Naruto, and stopped knitting with her hands.

(Hinata) "My younger sister is in a horrible situation, while I’m just knitting...I’m a terrible older sister, right? "

(Naruto) “ Don’t blame yourself! Moreso than anyone else, it’s you who should be worrying about Hanabi...everyone understands that.”

(Hinata) "That night, if I hadn’t been away from the estate, Hanabi couldn’t have been kidnapped...our father, Hiashi...”
You must be registered for see images
(Pages 116-117)

Page 116:

(Hinata) "In Hiashi’s absence, it was my own responsibility, and I seriously regret not being there for her."

It was quiet in the forest. Several glittering butterflies were fluttering around Hinata.

(Naruto) Because I’ll definitely rescue Hanabi, you shouldn’t worry!”

(Hinata) “Thank you...Naruto-kun, you are truly kind”

The shining butterflies suddenly came to illuminate Hinata’s face. Hinata was smiling with a lonely feeling. Naruto was slightly confused.

(Naruto)“...N, no, not just because I like you, like that wasn’t the reason why I was being kind, because I’m seriously worried about Hanabi…..”

「!」

Hinata was astonished. Her eyes opened wide, looking at Naruto’s face.

(Hinata)“ Ju-, just now, what did you say?”

(Naruto) “Because I was worried about Hanabi...”

(Hinata) “B...before that…”

(Naruto) “Before that…”

Naruto’s stomach knotted. He should say it as a man, he must properly say it.

Hinata watched with her eyes. Her pure white pupils were shaking. Inhaling a breath, he suddenly said it.
Page 117:

(Naruto) “ Hinata... I like you…”

“..../silence…”

Hinata was staring at Naruto with her eyes, and then only for an instant, she had a delighted expression on her face. Before long, the expression on her face was fading into a profoundly sorrowful one.

She* cast her eyes downward without saying anything.

[T/N]: The novel just referred to Hinata as “彼女” in this sentence, which can either mean “her/she”, but also “girlfriend/sweetheart” depending on context. So it might also be read as “His girlfriend”.

(Naruto) “Hinata…?”

“..../silence…”

As Hinata looked downwards, her face was illuminated by the moonlight. Suddenly, the beam of light was obstructed. The butterflies disappeared.

When the two of them looked upwards, an extravagantly decorated circular platform was suspended in the night sky. Toneri was standing upon it.

“Hinata...I came to take you (with me). ”

Toneri was smiling at Hinata.

(Pages 158-159)

Page 158:

Naruto walked away from Shikamaru, and gazed at an empty void of space. Sai was silently staring at the blaze of the bonfire.

“Hey, Naruto...follow me for a second”

“Listen up, come with me!”

Before he stood up, Shikamaru urged Naruto to do so, and steadily began to walk towards Naruto.

Shikamaru brought along Naruto, over to where Sakura’s location was. Sakura, who was beside the bonfire, looking completely exhausted and wearily limp, was stretched out and laying down.

“Sa...Sakura-chan?”

“ For rescuing you, Naruto, from the verge of death, (Sakura) used up almost all of her Chakra (in order to heal) you. This is the consequence of doing that (for you).”

Shikamaru explained in a whisper.

“...Sorry, Sakura-chan.”

As Naruto was kneeling down next to her, Sakura slightly opened her eyes and smiled.

“Hey, Naruto. Back then, you frequently used to say that you liked me, right?”

“......(/silence)......”
Page 159:

“About that… It’s because I liked Sasuke-kun, right?...You did not want to lose to (/be defeated by) Sasuke-kun.”

“......(/silence)......”

“Hinata is a good girl… Even worthy to the extent that she is more than what you deserve.”

“Oh...However, it’s already over. Hinata’s guy, she’s becoming Toneri’s bride.”

“And so, you’re being idiotic, and absolutely accepting that conclusion (/those circumstances)?”

Sakura laughed.

“However, Hinata, from herself…”

“There are circumstances of something that she can’t talk about, which is not decided (/settled) yet.”

“What about you (/that), can’t you believe in (Hinata), alone, who’s the girl that you like?”

“The way that you are now, with such a befitting and miserable/pitiful face. Already (feeling) dejected.”

“.......(/silence)........”

“Hey, Naruto… When a girl truly comes to like someone, her heart (/mind) simply does not change like that… her heart (/mind) cannot change.”

In Sakura’s own head, Sasuke’s face was coming to mind.

“So just in that respect, for myself, I understand it well.”

Saying that, Sakura closed her eyes.

(Pages 160-161)

Page 160:

Beside Sakura, Naruto then wrapped his arms around his knees. The profile of (his?) face was illuminated by the blaze of the bonfire...Naruto stared at a point while not moving at all.

Tears flowed in a single stream along Naruto’s face and cheeks. He truly came to like someone, confessed, got rejected (/dumped), and (even/until the point where) he fell down to rock bottom.

Naruto was trying to pick himself back up. From a boy to a man...a stairway to growing up to adulthood.

“...The way that you are now, with such a befitting and miserable/pitiful face.”

“...You, you’re surprisingly useless, right?”

“...What about your nindou (/ninja way)!”

Because of his friends, however, Naruto was further at a loss for words (trying to) repeat what they had said to him. Gradually in his eyes, he was regaining strength and spirit.

(/Crackle!)

The firewood burst open. Naruto deeply bowed his head, and wiped away tears. From beside Sakura, Naruto rose himself up from one knee.

“Sakura-chan, I understand...once again, I’ll meet Hinata!”

Sakura nodded as she closed her eyes, and smiled.
Page 161:

“Thank you, Sakura-chan”

Naruto powerfully stood up.

Naruto exited the cave’s hiding place alone. The artificial sun was emitting lighting that was similar to that of moonlight....The person that he truly loved was there.

(Hinata, also to myself, I was a huge idiot, and I finally understand…)

(When you proceeded to go with Toneri, the meaning of giving me the scarf…)

(Your thoughts and feelings, mainly the time that you invested into continuing your knitting, looking at the yarn of the scarf unravelling, even though it wasn’t simply supposed to be untied like that...)

(Hinata, please wait for me...The way that I am...this whole time… I always liked you...Me, as a man, there’s something that I absolutely, necessarily have to say to you!)

“Hinata, I will definitely bring you back!”

Naruto shouted as his hand was trying to seize the artificial sun.

(Pages 170-171)

Page 170:

Hiashi only managed to walk (clutching) his chest. In front of him, a man was standing, obstructing his path. He looked in his direction.

Hiashi took out a kunai, and prepared to defend himself, on guard. Gathering his remaining Chakra, he uses his Byakugan.

He recognized the face of the man. It was a Konoha shinobi.

Suddenly, his strength gave out, and Hiashi collapsed at that willow tree.

A meteorite dyed the sky a red colour, and passed by overhead.

The man’s face was illuminated and revealed….It was Uchiha Sasuke.
(Pages 180-181)

Page 180:

“6th (Keimon) gate, open!”

The attack from Lee and his comrades managed to destroy most of the enormous meteorite. While a portion of the fragment of the meteorite remained intact, it thus dropped downwards.

“D...Damn it!”

Looking back over his shoulder, Lee shouted.

“All units evacuate, all units evacuate! Everyone, escape (/run away)!”

Tenten shouted.

A fragment of 10 meters in diameter assaulted just overhead of Kakashi.

“Urgh!”

As Kakashi looked up, a shadow of an enormous rock was completely covering him.

Resigned to his death at that moment, Kakashi’s surroundings and his movements began to occur in slow-motion.

Suddenly, intermittent electrical sounds were resounding.

(Chirp~Chirp~Chirp~Chirp~)

Kakashi’s thoughts: (...That sound, no way, it’s Chidori?)
Page 181:

Boom~! (/SFX for an explosion)

The gigantic meteorite that was several meters overhead of Kakashi scattered in all directions.

In the burst of smoke, standing in front of Kakashi... was Sasuke!

Probably because Sasuke was moving with extreme (/intense) speed. Kotosu and Izumo could not see the figure of Sasuke.

“Sasuke!?”

“If that guy isn’t here... It seems that I have no choice but to protect you”

Having spoken that, his strongly performing, but greatest (/most) problematic student suddenly disappeared.

Kakashi’s thoughts: (About that guy, it’s Naruto probably...Hahaha)

”Hokage-sama!”

As Kakashi turned towards Izumo’s voice, someone unaccounted for, Hiashi, was then collapsed (over there).

Kotetsu immediately rushed over, holding Hiashi in his arms and (trying to) arouse him to awake.

Kakashi’s thoughts: ( No way, Sasuke also rescued him?)

In his heart, Kakashi felt that he was indebted (to Sasuke), and immediately called over the medical division.
(Pages 218-219)

Page 218:

A seemingly countless number of glittering, bright bubbles and spheres of sand are suspended around them. Naruto and Hinata are jumping together, hand in hand. Using one sphere of sand as a foothold, and jumping onwards to the next sphere of sand...While continuously leaping, they proceed to ascend the shaft. As they pass by the bright, glittering bubbles in succession, the memories that are shared by the two of them are projected onto the surface of the bubbles that are closest to them.

It was the first time that they met in the forest... isn't it from when she was being tormented as a young girl! When Naruto rescued Hinata from the trio of mean boys who were teasing her.

Projected on the surface of one bubble was a recollection of the nostalgic lesson from Iruka from their Academy days...On the last day of the world, personally, who would you want to be together with? Iruka’s voice resounded through the inside of the shaft.

On the next bubble, the projected memory on the surface of it was that of Hinata’s gallant figure from when she was battling and protecting a wounded Naruto in the war against Pain… ”Naruto-kun... Because I love you!” As Hinata recalls the memory of that time, she blushes a little.
Page 219:

As the two of them view reminiscent scenes, furthermore, again, they continue to proceed as they ascend. However, the bottom was approaching as the room was collapsing. They could hear the sounds gradually coming nearer from the bubbles of memories bursting and the spheres of sand cracking.

“Hinata, hurry up!”

“Okay”

As Hinata nodded her head, her foot slipped on the surface of one of the bubbles. Instantly, their joined hands were disconnected.

“N..Naruto-kun!”

As Hinata fell...Naruto’s hand grasped Hinata’s arm just in time. Then, Naruto pulled Hinata towards himself, embracing her and carrying her like a princess, while still continuing to ascend.

“Hey, Hinata...Do you remember back when Iruka-sensei had that one lesson, when he asked us about who we would want to be together with during the last day at the end of the world?”

In Naruto’s arms, Hinata nodded, bowing her head in assent.

"I wasn’t able to write down anyone’s name. Since I didn’t know about my parents, and I also didn’t have any friends... No one came to mind. However, now I can clearly say my answer to the question. I want to be together with you. Because from now onwards, always and forever until death, I want to be together with you, Hinata. “
(Pages 220-221)

Page 220:

“.....(/Silence)......”

Hinata was speechless. Hinata understood, but was unable to say anything, because she was someone who was beyond being happy (at that moment). Hinata was silent as she buried her face into Naruto’s chest. The collapsing room was approaching them. It seemed as though they would be overtaken.

“ Hinata...Hold onto me”

That being said, she meekly embraced and clung into Naruto’s neck with both of her hands.

“Don’t let go”

“Yes…”

Hinata vowed (/promised) in her heart, unconditionally, to never to let go of him.

“Rasengan!”

Naruto, freeing one of his hands that were being used to embrace Hinata, shot a Rasengan at one of the spheres of sand. A violent shock resulted, and then both of them, just like a very high-speed rocket, began to ascend the shaft.

A magnificent spout of water gushed upwards, while Naruto and Hinata flew out of the fountain of the limestone cave… in that way, they ascended upwards. However, the force making them ascend was overly excessive!
Page 221:

Already having risen from the water, Shikamaru and the rest of them looked up at the two people suddenly soaring from inside the cave.

“Hey! Pierce into the ceiling!”

The ceiling of the cave approaches (them).

Hiding her face in Naruto’s chest, in Hinata’s ear, Naruto’s yelling could still be heard.

“Here, with this, it’s the end...”

Inside Naruto’s hand, he was kneading (Chakra for) an extra-large Rasengan.

“...It's ready-ttebayo!”

He struck the ceiling with the extra-large Rasengan, destroying the bedrock.

It was the outskirts of the village of Konohagakure. The snowy scenery of the wooded country.

A subterranean tremor and a large detonation in the fields of snow occurred. Naruto, who was still embracing Hinata, soared out from inside the smoke.

Through the night sky, continuing to rise higher, higher, higher, and higher...

The two of them finished ascending, remaining in the air, just beginning on the verge of free-falling...Everything stood still.

“Naruto-kun!”

“Hinata, thank you…”

With a gigantic full moon as the background scenery, the silhouette of Naruto approached the silhouette of Hinata, the faces approaching each other, and soon, at length, the silhouettes overlapped.
Epilogue: To Tomorrow! (Pages 224-225) - This is the part of one of the trailers/leaks for the Last, where Naruto and his family are shown for a brief moment, with the Hokage Monument as a background. You can find the Trailer up, in the links that I have posted.

Page 224:

Several years later, Konohagakure Village was magnificently reconstructed. Skyscrapers were constructed, and the landscape of the village completely changed. In one room of a high-rise residence, Hinata quietly knits a scarf. Powder-like snow fluttered outside the window. At a distance, the Hokage Monument was overlooking the residence.

Naruto: Uraaaa!

As the dignified presence of Naruto grows, he is training Taijutsu while out on the spacious balcony. A sharp lunge, and a kick. Bulging muscles, perspiration scattering. Glaring at a void of space, a discerning look in his eyes, he halted his movements. Breathing heavily in the snowy scenery, inhaling. From behind Naruto, the pitter-patter sound of his two children’s footsteps, running up to him.

Boruto: Father! Please play (with us) ‘ttebazo!

(Note: It really does not say “‘ttebasa”, his accent version, but "-ttebazo")

Himawari: ...Dad!

They are his eldest son, Bolt, and his eldest daughter, Himawari. As Himawari is very young, her enunciation (of her words) from her tongue still are not proper (/correct) when speaking.

Hinata: Watch out! You really shouldn’t go outside barefoot like that.
Page 225:

Hinata stopped knitting with her hands. With a gentle, affectionate, and motherly gaze, she scolded her children. As she peered her face outside the balcony, Boruto’s snowball struck Hinata in the face.

Hinata: Ahh! (//Shriek/scream) Okay! Mom will also join in!

Since Bolt and Himawari were successful in engaging their mother in the snowball fight, they cheered as they ran around in the snow.

Naruto: You guys... Mom is strong when she gets serious, -ttebayo!

Parents and children, the four of them, begin the snowball fight.

(D’aww~)

In the laughing and smiling atmosphere of the parents and children, the Hokage Monument is fondly overlooking them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Byron123