Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Earlier...

Amara said nothing, merely watching Ozymandias walk toward the wilderness that had encroached on Camelot after so many years. She furrowed her brow, confused at her pupil's choice of action. Leaving the city? Oh no. She had much, much more to show him.

"That is a strange path to take to get to the Ivory Tower." She didn't expect him to know of the Ivory Tower. But it held great significance for her. After being abandoned for centuries it could hardly be called that anymore. It was now a tower in disrepair, an ancient relic standing tall among a city of ruins. Its former brilliance attracting the wilderness surrounding the city inward, as if it was ravenous to taste its ultimate prize. But it was in the heart of Camelot.

She turned in the opposite direction of Ozymandias and refused to look back toward him. Whether he followed was his choice. But he had come here to seek knowledge. And what better place to find knowledge than the Ivory Tower itself, the former sanctuary of Merlin and Solomon. A place of learning the arcane, matters outside of the mundane and practicalities of life.

Present...

Unsurprisingly, Ozymandias had chosen to accompany her. Finding the heart of Camelot was not hard among the ruins. Even after almost 700 years, the tall castle ramparts that stood in the center still held strong and tall among the ruins. Mordred's civil war may have ended the life of King Arthur, but it did not bring total destruction to the eternal city.
You must be registered for see images
"We've arrived." She looked upwards at the tall tower. It had...paled...in its later years. Centuries of no maintenance had caused its once magnificent ivory white walls to turn yellow and lifeless. But it stood nonetheless.

She turned toward Ozymandias before the great double doors of the citadel. "It was here I learned many things, Ozymandias, from my mentor Merlin. You likely remember him from the Reality Marble. Despite not being a Surgebinder, Merlin exercises vast powers and operates outside the realm of time. I'm not entirely sure how yet but.... Well, it is unimportant for the time being. It was here I learned the secrets of Mystic Fire Release, Shiraton. And it is only fitting that it is here where I will pass that knowledge on to you. Now, let us ascend this tower." She pushed the doors open. A great creaking echoed through the base of the citadel; the doors begrudgingly moved forward, clearly they hadn't been operated since the last citizens of Camelot retreated to the Ivory Tower to seek refuge from Mordred's rampage.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Before Ozymandias and Amara stood a towering structure, the only one left standing in all of Camelot. A false beacon, indicative of a misplaced sense of self-righteousness. A tower that attested to belief in an ideal doomed to fail. While Amara spoke to him briefly of her past, of the one man who'd invaded her Reality Marble, Merlin, Ozymandias' mind was elsewhere. Back in Egypt, during the time of the Ten Plagues, the pharaoh had requested that a tower similar to this be built in order to commune with a certain God, one of a religion preached by his one and only friend, Moses. Ironically, both the tower that was to be built in his homeland, and the one standing before him, both stood for ideas and principles that were incompatible with his own. Perhaps if Moses were to be a Surgebinder, like Ozymandias, he would be a Radiant. A small smile curls on the lips of the pharaoh, the humor of his thoughts causing a slight break in his usual solemn demeanour. Perhaps the irreconcilable differences between the Fallen and the Radiants were always meant to be, and like his friendship with Moses, nothing in all the world could hope to change it. Amara's words snap him back into reality, and the smile fades from his lips, his stone expression being assumed once again. Following the ancient woman, Ozymandias walks through the great doorway of the ancient tower. Though the tower's exterior appeared only to be somewhat decrepit, the halls of the citadel had succumbed to much greater decay. The ceiling and pillars suffered great cracks and discoloration, with destroyed wooden beams and other objects being strewn throughout the area. He observed the ruination with an expression of indifference. There was a maintained silence between the two Surgebinders, one that was met only by the sound of footsteps echoing throughout the great halls of the tower as they neared the stairwell to the next floor.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Before Ozymandias and Amara stood a towering structure, the only one left standing in all of Camelot. A false beacon, indicative of a misplaced sense of self-righteousness. A tower that attested to belief in an ideal doomed to fail. While Amara spoke to him briefly of her past, of the one man who'd invaded her Reality Marble, Merlin, Ozymandias' mind was elsewhere. Back in Egypt, during the time of the Ten Plagues, the pharaoh had requested that a tower similar to this be built in order to commune with a certain God, one of a religion preached by his one and only friend, Moses. Ironically, both the tower that was to be built in his homeland, and the one standing before him, both stood for ideas and principles that were incompatible with his own. Perhaps if Moses were to be a Surgebinder, like Ozymandias, he would be a Radiant. A small smile curls on the lips of the pharaoh, the humor of his thoughts causing a slight break in his usual solemn demeanour. Perhaps the irreconcilable differences between the Fallen and the Radiants were always meant to be, and like his friendship with Moses, nothing in all the world could hope to change it. Amara's words snap him back into reality, and the smile fades from his lips, his stone expression being assumed once again. Following the ancient woman, Ozymandias walks through the great doorway of the ancient tower. Though the tower's exterior appeared only to be somewhat decrepit, the halls of the citadel had succumbed to much greater decay. The ceiling and pillars suffered great cracks and discoloration, with destroyed wooden beams and other objects being strewn throughout the area. He observed the ruination with an expression of indifference. There was a maintained silence between the two Surgebinders, one that was met only by the sound of footsteps echoing throughout the great halls of the tower as they neared the stairwell to the next floor.
It was a sobering silence as the two strode through the halls of the Ivory Tower. To Ozymandias it was an unfamiliar sanctuary, but to Amara it was like a second home. She recalled her days as a young girl sprinting up the stairs of the tower after Lancelot, her father, told her she would be learning under Merlin. It was an escape from the daily mundane chores of womanhood that she was initially trapped in when they arrived in Camelot. Galahad had always been taken to train, while she would stay in the home to study law, clean, and cook. Yet her father, knowing she possessed a symbolic half of his power, saw the waste that having her in the home would create. But she never did become a Knight of the Round Table, it hadn't interested her. Knightly activities were sought after by Galahad. She preferred the consumption of knowledge, raw knowledge. It was a contrast between the two that was fitting; for she was the dark, and he the light. One Yin, the other Yang.

After sometime they arrived in the Observatory. It was a room near the top of the Ivory Tower that had once belonged to Merlin; it was his place of study and observation, and a place where he would bring Amara to learn about her innate powers. It was a tall Gothic style room. Tables with stacks of books sprawled around the room, with massive windows on all sides of the room illuminating the inside. Merlin's Observatory was one of the few rooms that were untouched by Mordred's war. It seemed that only time had taken its toll on the room, rather than the chaos of war. Everything seemed to be in the place where Merlin left it last...untouched for almost 700 years.

She turned to Ozymandias and held out both her hands. She remained silent, glaring into his eyes waiting to detect a reaction. In her two palms small crackling black flames would slowly flicker into existence. Moments thereafter, their color would shift yet again into a deep violet. And then yet again into a turquoise. Then finally they would return to black. "What do you see when you see these flames? What are they to you?" It was a deep question, and there wasn't any single correct answer necessarily. But it was an important question nonetheless.

(Shiraton: Genshi Sōzō) – Mystic Fire Release: Primordial Creation
Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: 10 – 40 (-10 per turn)
Damage: 20 – 80
Description: This technique encompasses the flame-like, wispy, energy base of Mystic Fire Release and allows the user to concentrate chakra in an area, whether it is from their body, through the ground, or even in the air. In the case of the flames being produced from the air they are unable to be created within short-range of the opponent, unless the user is within short-range as well. Flames produced from the ground possess an audible queue giving slight warning to the target should they emerge from beneath them. These flames can be manipulated to a high degree allowing the user to produce a wide variety of constructs and shapes, generally limited by their own imagination. Alternatively Primordial Creation can also be used to create simple streams, fireballs, blasts, and waves of flame. These flames can be, at the user’s volition, concentrated to effectively solidify allowing them to punch through physical obstacles and cause explosive damage. The flames of Mystic Fire by default adhere to the violet spectrum but can be manipulated to fit any color in the visible light spectrum. Alternatively they can seal their light entirely causing them to appear akin to the black flames of Amaterasu. Applications above A-Rank require a single hand seal. Sustaining this technique requires the user expend ten chakra per turn. S-Rank can be used four times per battle and cannot be used in consecutive turns.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After ascending the countless sets of stairs, Ozymandias and Amara had finally reached the penultimate level of the tower. It appeared to be some kind of union between observatory and library. Like the rest of the tower, it was a sanctuary dedicated to the accumulation, study and safekeeping of knowledge. The weathering of the ancient books and scrolls were indicative of its master's absence. Amara made no direct indication of it being Merlin's former abode, but the monarch assumed it to be so. Shelving those thoughts dismissively, he turns his attention to Amara, who'd begun to stare at him in anticipation. He averts his eyes to her outstretched hands, where faint currents of energy had begun to swirl. Within moments, those currents ignited, manifesting as the pitch black flames he'd encountered in their last bout. He showed no reaction indicative of surprise, shock, or amusement, but rather, he began to stare at the flames closely, as she did to him. The color of the flames progressively grew brighter, exhibiting colors amongst all the light spectrum. Violet, turquoise, and then returning to their abyssal pigmentation. He briefly reflected upon her inquiry, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. He spoke softly, but with certainty, with a tone that denoted absolute confidence but did not possess his usual harsh manner.

"I see the abyss which the primordial being used to create the world. It was Amun who had created from that ancient abyss, the first object of shape in the cosmos. That object would be used to carve out and build the rest of all creation. He, who was separate and hidden from the universe, in a time where time itself did not exist, used his power to give birth to everything. To shape the world, the universe, as he saw fit. I see an abyss before my eyes, one that I would use to shape a world all of my own. It is foolish to believe it would be considered an 'improvement' on Amun's work, for it was never he who sought to create perfection. That task falls to the pharaoh, as a son of the gods before me. You may not believe in divine right, but I do not ask for your belief in such a thing. I will take my time to teach you the nature of the one whom you face. Then, you shall believe."

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After ascending the countless sets of stairs, Ozymandias and Amara had finally reached the penultimate level of the tower. It appeared to be some kind of union between observatory and library. Like the rest of the tower, it was a sanctuary dedicated to the accumulation, study and safekeeping of knowledge. The weathering of the ancient books and scrolls were indicative of its master's absence. Amara made no direct indication of it being Merlin's former abode, but the monarch assumed it to be so. Shelving those thoughts dismissively, he turns his attention to Amara, who'd begun to stare at him in anticipation. He averts his eyes to her outstretched hands, where faint currents of energy had begun to swirl. Within moments, those currents ignited, manifesting as the pitch black flames he'd encountered in their last bout. He showed no reaction indicative of surprise, shock, or amusement, but rather, he began to stare at the flames closely, as she did to him. The color of the flames progressively grew brighter, exhibiting colors amongst all the light spectrum. Violet, turquoise, and then returning to their abyssal pigmentation. He briefly reflected upon her inquiry, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. He spoke softly, but with certainty, with a tone that denoted absolute confidence but did not possess his usual harsh manner.

"I see the abyss which the primordial being used to create the world. It was Amun who had created from that ancient abyss, the first object of shape in the cosmos. That object would be used to carve out and build the rest of all creation. He, who was separate and hidden from the universe, in a time where time itself did not exist, used his power to give birth to everything. To shape the world, the universe, as he saw fit. I see an abyss before my eyes, one that I would use to shape a world all of my own. It is foolish to believe it would be considered an 'improvement' on Amun's work, for it was never he who sought to create perfection. That task falls to the pharaoh, as a son of the gods before me. You may not believe in divine right, but I do not ask for your belief in such a thing. I will take my time to teach you the nature of the one whom you face. Then, you shall believe."
Amara grimaced at his reply. The Mystic Flames responded to the sudden shift in her emotions, they flared slightly with anger. The black flames reached up ever so slightly toward the ceiling, dancing outwards slightly as if trying to reach Ozymandias. Yet she restrained herself. "I don't care for your religion, or your divine right. This is the Ivory Tower, a place of knowledge. We are not speaking of theocracy, but of purpose. What are these flames to you? What purpose do they serve?" The flames returned to their normal gentle state, but her glare did not.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An answer he gave, but not one she was pleased to hear. The flames seemingly reached out to him, their lack of heat catching Ozymandias' notice. As they died down, returning to their previous state as embers floating in the palm of Amara's hand, she asks him again. What did these flames mean to him? His previous answer was a truthful one, but it did not satisfy the ancient Fallen. He would answer simply this time. Albeit, perhaps crudely.

"They are a tool. A means to an end. A weapon to smite one's enemies, a beacon with which to seek more knowledge."

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
An answer he gave, but not one she was pleased to hear. The flames seemingly reached out to him, their lack of heat catching Ozymandias' notice. As they died down, returning to their previous state as embers floating in the palm of Amara's hand, she asks him again. What did these flames mean to him? His previous answer was a truthful one, but it did not satisfy the ancient Fallen. He would answer simply this time. Albeit, perhaps crudely.

"They are a tool. A means to an end. A weapon to smite one's enemies, a beacon with which to seek more knowledge."
"Good. This is your heritage as a Fallen, and even as a Pharaoh. You have a vision that burns brightly. But to implement that vision upon humanity you must use whatever means that are at your disposal. They are tools, they are a means to an end, they are your weapons, they can even manifest your will...." She trailed off, her eyes shifting their glare to the dancing flames in her hand. They would momentarily disperse, flickering out of existence. She then rested her hands by her side, returning her glare to Ozymandias. "I've taught you this before. A Fallen has discarded the Paradigm of Radiance. It is believed that political power can be used to impose our grand vision upon the world, and shape it. Use the tools at your disposal to do that, and you will come to see the world the way I do. Religion, faith, and destiny are for those who can't mold the world themselves. Keep believing in your gods, but they will do nothing in your journey to safeguard your people and shape a humanity worth a damn." She spoke bluntly. Amara didn't care whether Ozymandias would be offended by her words. Like her knowledge was to him, he tool was merely a tool.

She turned her back and faced the rows of bookshelves which housed vast amounts of the ancient knowledge that Merlin once safeguarded. Yet the knowledge she would share with Ozymandias would not be found anywhere in the books. With her back turned she spoke, "I know you have come to obtain at least rudimentary knowledge of the Art of Sealing. Its nature and characteristics are integral to how Mystic Fire operates. While Fūinjutsu itself is not an elemental nature, it is notably the characteristics and properties of the chakra that composes Fūinjutsu. Thus, Fūinjutsu becomes integral to the nature." Amara turns back toward Ozymandias, producing a normal flame. It radiated generic infrared light from its body, rather than the previous black flames that Mystic Fire had created. "With that in mind, what is the difference between these two flames?"

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ozymandias heard all that Amara had to say, knowing that despite the nature of his being, this was a matter in which he still required guidance. No, rather, it was guidance that would allow him to achieve his full potential. His task would be accomplished regardless. But irrespective, the pharaoh took heed to her words, knowing they came from a place of wisdom, a desire to assist, to nurture. As Amara turned her back to him, facing the shelves containing countless books, themselves containing countless pages of knowledge and research. No doubt, Merlin was an intellectual, despite what his air-headed and carefree demeanour might indicate at first. When the ancient Fallen turned back to face Ozymandias, she carried in her hand a crimson flame. It appeared to be entirely normal, in complete contrast to the flames she had conjured previously. A brief moment of silence follows Amara's inquiry, before the pharaoh answers.

"The sealing arts allows one to directly control chakra in a way unafforded by any other form of technique or ability. My estimate would be that its incorporation into your Mystic Fire allows it to draw in ambient energy, light, resulting in a unique coloration. Or lack thereof. During our battle, I noticed this. As well as its apparent neutrality to elements."

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"That is only partially true, and misses the point. I'll repeat my question. What is the difference between this...." She motions with her head toward the red flames in her hand. "...and this." In her free hand, turquoise flames gently come forth. "What separates Mystic Flames, based on what I told you, from normal fire? It is the integral concept to the nature. Without it, then it is nothing."

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ozymandias ponders for a moment longer, treading down various lines of thoughts based on his previous answer, and remembering Amara's remark on that answer. Perhaps starting from the top was best. Holding his hands near the turquoise flames, he feels no heat coming from them. An odd quality, though reminiscent of a particular technique he came across during his studies of the sealing arts.

"The incorporation of the sealing arts into your flames allows for total neutrality to all things. It resembles the Four Violet Flames Formation, which similarly releases no heat, but can easily ignite anything which comes into contact with it. On that note, it would be plausible to surmise that the element only transfers energy, itself, when in contact with other substances. Any interaction with other elements becomes a matter of whether or not the flames simply overpower its opposition. There are sealing techniques in existence which allow one to disable barriers and other forms of seals themselves, and I would wager that when combined with Fire and Lightning Release, two of the most destructive elemental natures, your Mystic Fire has an innate capacity to target and destroy these seals without need for tedious processes such as contact with barriers or tags. Likewise, the incorporation of Fire and Lightning into the sealing arts allows you to infuse your own barriers and seals with the Mystic Flames."

Ozymandias waits for Amara's response, relatively confident in his revised answer.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She shook her hand and momentarily pressed her palm against her face in slight frustration. "The answer is quite simple; it is the nature of their behavior that separates the two. Your answers were not inherently incorrect. Yes, the flames obtain absolute neutrality from their sealing heritage. And don't concern yourself with its innate disruptive nature when coming in contact with other sealing techniques. That is an advanced discussion we will cover once we understand the basic nature of the element. So allow me to repeat this. The difference between Mystic Flames and Fire Release is their behavior. The Sealing Arts is not an elemental nature. Rather, it is the behavior of the chakra. So while Mystic Fire Release is indeed a combination of Fire and Lightning, its most important characteristic is that it inherently behaves differently from other elemental natures. Fuuinjutsu is no elemental nature, but Mystic Fire Release incorporates that very behavior into its nature. Understand?"

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Good. Now that a basis for the element has been established. It's time to mold it. Like you've already said, it is a combination of Lightning and Fire chakras. And like I said, the chakra nature itself is imbued with the behavior of Fuuinjutsu, which grants it various properties that separate the element from other energies. So let's begin. The element requires considerable control, so mold the two chakra natures first before applying the Sealing Arts. What will occur here is the molecules released during the ionization process will be of any color you desire. However, given that this initial test will lack any application of Fuuinjutsu you will be unable to create the black flames of Mystic Fire, akin to that of the Mangekyou Sharingan's Amaterasu."

You must be registered for see images
Shiraton | Mystic Fire Release
Custom Element Japanese Name:
Custom Element English Name: Mystic Fire Release
The Element is based on: Fire Release, Lightning Release & Fūinjutsu

Facts that prove the element to be possible (in the manga context):

Mystic Fire Release is composed of Fire Release and Lightning Release. The use of one’s Fire chakra grants it unique burning capabilities and properties while Lightning Release grants it an energetic and versatile form. The simultaneous combination of these element and their qualities gives birth to Mystic Fire Release, a magnificent plasma/energy. Mystic Fire Release is perhaps best compared to the existence of a basic skill within the broader category of Fūinjutsu. The Four Violet Flames Battle Encampment utilizes a violet barrier to produce special violet flames. Alone these violet flames possess no special or inherently powerful characteristics, they simply act like generic flames. However, with the manipulative abilities of Fire and Lightning Release the user becomes able to create their own specialized flame, Mystic Fire.​

How it works:

The primary method of forming Mystic Fire from one’s own body involves the simultaneous combination of one’s Lightning and Fire chakras, with added characteristics of Fūinjutsu. In its purest essence Mystic Fire Release operates similarly to the Four Violet Flames Battle Encampment. Its union with Fūinjutsu is based on the principle that, while Fūinjutsu is not an elemental nature itself, it is a characteristic and organization of chakra granting it sealing, and unsealing, qualities.

The basic nature of Mystic Fire Release, by its composition, is an energy based element. Like Fire and Lightning Release, the element operates by concentrating chakra in an area, whether it is from one’s body, through the ground, or even in the air. Once concentrated the user vibrates the chakra, which is a product of Lightning and Fire Release, causing the air to ionize resulting in the creation of Mystic Fire. Like its parent elements, the generated plasma is able to take the form of bolts or fire, and can even be used in tangible forms by applying shape manipulation, much like concentrated Fire. However, most techniques retain the form of flames, which brings forth the name Mystic Fire.

In terms of its other physical characteristics the flames of Mystic Fire are quite similar to the flames of the Four Violet Flames Battle Encampment because of their neutrality to elemental natures and inherent strength against raw chakra. When a target is struck the flames will ignite and spread to engulf the target at high temperatures until extinguished, much like the black flames of Amaterasu being able to burn even fire itself. However, unlike typical Fire Release, the energy it not ‘hot’ in the normal sense; one who holds their hand near Mystic Fire will not feel heat as if they would with normal fire. The energy only produces a burning and searing sensation when coming in contact with a victim making them a somewhat deceptive elemental nature. Unlike normal Fire Release, Mystic Fire does not fuel itself by feeding off oxygen in the air. Because of this those who stand near high quantities of Mystic Fire do not suffer from oxygen deprivation. As previously mentioned Mystic Fire can be compressed, much like normal Lightning and Fire Release, to gain a form of solidity and tangibility in order to cause explosive damage and allowing them to punch through physical obstacles, should they be used in such a manner.

The most remarkable physical characteristic of Mystic Fire Release is its numerous colors. During its creation process, when the chakra is concentrated and the air is ionized, molecules release light (a process identical to Fire releasing light). Typically, the violet spectrum is naturally favored in Mystic Fire. However, chakra concentration varies from user to user causing the wavelengths produced by the molecules to rest anywhere within the visible spectrum of light. As such, Mystic Fire can effectively take on any color imaginable through the user’s control. However, because they are on the visible light spectrum the flames cannot have the properties of invisibility, transparency, or translucency, unless gained from an external technique. Additionally, through the sealing properties gained through its Fūinjutsu-based nature, the flames can also prevent light from emitting altogether resulting in absolute black coloration, much like a cosmic black hole. This is the same property which prevents heat from radiating from the flames. Mystic Fire, normally, only releases heat by conduction, this allows the flames to burn for longer periods of time or even continue to burn on top of water.

Fūinjutsu is frequently noted to possess elemental neutrality, in both barrier-based techniques as well as normal seals due to its characteristics, organization, structure, and its sealing nature. Mystic Fire's foundations in the Four Violet Flames Formation, and the flames which it produces, allows the elemental interactions of Mystic Fire to be simplified significantly. The flames and plasma produced are extremely similar to the flames created in Shishienjin. When used against energy based elements the element with the higher energy overpowers the other. When used against matter based elements it becomes a question of whether or not Mystic Fire has enough energy to burn through their chemical bonds of the opposing element (all matter changes state when exposed to enough energy). Through its foundations Mystic Fire is capable of storing immense amounts of energy in remarkably small areas. This causes clashes to become purely based on raw strength allowing Mystic Fire to retain absolute neutrality against all elemental natures, even if an opposing element possesses a natural strength against energy based elements, resistance to fire, lightning, or other plasmas; it is neutral to all and strong against raw chakra.

The strongest advantage to Mystic Fire is its nature and origin in Fūinjutsu, as well as the elemental natures of Fire and Lightning Release. Mystic Fire possesses unique burning and destructive capabilities, beyond what is normally possible through Fire or Lightning Release. It possesses remarkably high energy; noted to be a rather ‘rebellious’ elemental nature aiming to bring chaos to structure and disorder to order. Because Mystic Fire is born from the two highest energy-based elemental natures it is able to reproduce their characteristics in order to create an extremely efficient offensive against opposing Fūinjutsu, barrier techniques, and absorptive-based natures and techniques. Lightning Release is noted to be capable of entering Earth and ripping it apart from within. Fire Release is noted to possess potent external burning capabilities. With these two characteristics, along with its origins in Fūinjutsu, it creates a potent three-pronged offensive against the above techniques. The final prong, and arguably the most important, in the offensive, through its origins in Fūinjutsu, calls on the nature of techniques such the Barrier Shatter Technique and Sealing Technique: Sealing Release, as well as other highly disruptive Sealing techniques. This effectively makes Mystic Fire a very disruptive element able to strike at the core of techniques which aim to seal, consume, absorb, or block with barrier based techniques. It effectively gives it an inherent neutrality against techniques, meaning it will require absorption techniques of the same rank or above to seal/absorb them. This includes techniques and elemental natures such as Dark Release Absorption and Water Release Absorption.​

Usage Examples:

(Shiraton: Kurohāto no Uchū) – Mystic Fire Release: Dark Heart of the Cosmos
Chakra: 10 – 40
Description: This technique is the most basic application of Mystic Fire Release allowing the user to release from any point on their body or from their body itself Mystic Fire. The Mystic Fire can take any color within the visible light spectrum. As a highly versatile energy the user can shape it however they please. They can form bolts, fire, waves, and even weapons. The energy can also be compressed creating a form of explosive damage allowing Mystic Fire to punch through physical obstacles. When it comes in contact with matter it will burn and spread over the target until extinguished, much like Amaterasu.
(Shiraton: Sōzō no Hashira) – Mystic Fire Release: Pillars of Creation
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra: N/A (+10/20/40 chakra cost to applied techniques)
Damage: N/A
Description: Pillars of Creation is considered the sibling technique of Splendor of Orion and is the strongest Mystic Fire supplementary infusion technique. Pillars of Creation is designed to be used in conjunction with a full/partial body elemental or non-elemental transformation; this can be done when initiating the transformation or when the user is presently in it. This does not apply to all elemental transformations, only those which are considered energy based or ethereal in nature. This includes, but is not limited to, Fire Release, Lightning Release, Explosion Release, and even barrier-type Fūinjutsu. Pillars of Creation is based on the principles of infusion-type techniques, as such when utilized it the infusion occurs instantaneously and can be used within the same timeframe as a transformation. Typical techniques of this category involve an infusion of chakra, in many cases of the same nature, to change numerous aspects of the technique. These can range from a shift in strengths and weaknesses, additional strength, different states and forms, and new and unique effects. However, when a different chakra nature is utilized it forms a ratio between the technique’s base chakra and the infusion’s added chakra. The greater the infused chakra the greater the influence that the infusion holds; as such Pillars of Creation utilizes three separate levels of infusion, each becoming progressively greater. Pillars of Creation can be used four times per battle. B and A-Rank applications count as one application and an S-Rank application counts as two applications. Despite counting as a second or third application this technique will still require one move, it simply reduces it from the total number of times Pillars of Creation can be used. The infusions are as followed:

First Pillar: is the B-Rank application of Pillars of Creation and is considered the weakest infusion. With an additional infusion of 10 chakra the user’s transformed state will gain the specialized characteristics of Mystic Fire Release. This means the user’s form will become naturally strong against sealing and absorptive-based techniques, such as Fūinjutsu and Dark Release Absorption.

Second Pillar: is the A-Rank application of Pillars of Creation. With an additional infusion of 20 chakra the user’s transformed state will gain the strengths and weaknesses of Mystic Fire Release, being nearly converted in full. This means, along with the First Pillar’s effects, the user’s elemental transformation will become neutral to all elemental natures while also becoming strong against sealing and absorptive-based techniques, such as Fūinjutsu and Dark Release Absorption.

Third Pillar: is the S-Rank application of Pillars of Creation and is considered the strongest and most dangerous infusion. With an additional infusion of 40 chakra the user’s transformed state will become a perfect union between Mystic Fire and the infused nature, elemental or non-elemental. As the most potent infusion the user’s elemental transformation will shift in appearance becoming Mystic Fire almost entirely, gaining a color of the user’s choice as well as the characteristics of Mystic Fire and its strengths and weaknesses.
Conditions to be able to use it:

User must have completed training in Fire Release and Lightning Release.
User must be Sage Rank or higher.

It is noted that to control the flames of Fire Release one must possess notably high skill in the elemental nature. This principle extends toward Mystic Fire Release as an even more advanced elemental nature going beyond Fire Release. As such, in order to control the flames and energy as well as grant them their counter-sealing properties, one must have completed training in basic Fūinjutsu in order to possess the skill necessary to do so.​

Weak to: N/A

Mystic Fire Release is considered neutral to all elemental natures.

Strong to: N/A

Mystic Fire Release is considered neutral to all elemental natures.

Co-creator: Xylon

Students I pass this custom element on too: Scaze & Goetia
Approved Mystic Fire Release Techniques

Description: This technique encompasses the flame-like, wispy, energy base of Mystic Fire Release and allows the user to concentrate chakra in an area, whether it is from their body, through the ground, or even in the air. In the case of the flames being produced from the air they are unable to be created within short-range of the opponent, unless the user is within short-range as well. Flames produced from the ground possess an audible queue giving slight warning to the target should they emerge from beneath them. These flames can be manipulated to a high degree allowing the user to produce a wide variety of constructs and shapes, generally limited by their own imagination. Alternatively Primordial Creation can also be used to create simple streams, fireballs, blasts, and waves of flame. These flames can be, at the user’s volition, concentrated to effectively solidify allowing them to punch through physical obstacles and cause explosive damage. The flames of Mystic Fire by default adhere to the violet spectrum but can be manipulated to fit any color in the visible light spectrum. Alternatively they can seal their light entirely causing them to appear akin to the black flames of Amaterasu. Applications above A-Rank require a single hand seal. Sustaining this technique requires the user expend ten chakra per turn. S-Rank can be used four times per battle and cannot be used in consecutive turns.

Description: This technique encompasses the concentrated plasma-based energy of Mystic Fire Release and allows the user to produce currents, bolts, streams, and waves of lightning-like Mystic Fire from the user’s body, through the ground, or even in the air. In the case of the energy being produced from the air they are unable to be created within short-range of the opponent, unless the user is within short-range as well. Energy channeled through the ground is akin to lightning being channeled through the ground, rippling outward from its location created or directed through manipulation by the user. This technique can be concentrated allowing for the energy to take a more solidified state enabling it to punch through physical obstacles. Like its sibling technique Primordial Creation the energy by default adheres to the violet spectrum but can be manipulated to fit any color in the visible spectrum. Alternatively they can seal their light entirely causing them to appear akin to the black energy. Applications above A-Rank require a single hand seal. Sustaining this technique requires the user expend ten chakra per turn. S-Rank can be used four times per battle and cannot be used in consecutive turns.

Range: N/A
Chakra: N/A (+10/20/40 chakra cost to applied technique)
Description: Pillars of Creation is considered the ultimate infusion technique utilized in conjunction with energy-based elemental natures (Fire, Lightning, Explosion, etc) as well as barrier Fūinjutsu. As a technique based around the principles of infusion it occurs instantaneously and can be used within the same timeframe as the technique it is applied to. Typically techniques of this category involves an infusion of chakra, in many cases of the same nature, to change numerous aspects of the technique. These can range from a shift in strengths and weaknesses, additional strength, different states and forms, and new and unique effects. This could be compared to ratios and the effects that chakra can have on a technique; the more chakra utilized the greater the changes. As such Pillars of Creation utilizes three separate levels of infusion, each becoming progressively greater. Unique to this technique is that it can be stated in one’s biography to allow for the passive infusion of the user’s energy-based techniques, listed above, causing their coloration to shift in accordance to Mystic Fire’s unique colors. As a passive occurrence this application does not require any chakra and is simply a cosmetic ability of Pillars of Creation. The infusions are as followed:

The First Pillar: This is the B-Rank application of Pillars of Creation and utilizes an infusion of ten chakra. As the simplest infusion this technique causes the effected energy-based technique to gain Mystic Fire’s quality of absolute neutrality. For example, when used on a Fire technique, the applied technique will effectively shed its strengths and weaknesses becoming neutral to all elemental natures. Additionally, this infusion causes the applied technique to gain Mystic Fire’s specialized interactions with sealing/absorptive-based techniques. When an S-Rank Lightning technique is infused with the First Pillar, for example, it will, in addition to gaining the neutrality of Mystic Fire, will also only be able to be sealed or absorbed by a technique of equivalent rank (meaning the rank of the seal or absorbing technique itself, not the rank of what it can seal, must be equivalent). Additionally, the First Pillar cannot be infused on channeling-based energy techniques (e.g. streams of fire).

The Second Pillar: This is the A-Rank application of Pillars of Creation and utilizes an infusion of twenty chakra. The Second Pillar, unlike the first, employs the ability to not only infuse an energy-based technique with Mystic Fire chakra but to convert it to the nature entirely; this effectively converts any energy-based nature, or barrier Fūinjutsu, into Mystic Fire. Because the technique is effectively transformed it will change its inherent color into any color allowed by Mystic Fire Release, namely any color on the visible spectrum while being able to become absolute black, like the flames of Amaterasu. Techniques which radiate heat, like Fire Release, will lose those qualities due to their inherent sealing nature. Additionally, these techniques will gain an additional rank in strength, or twenty additional damage for techniques above S-Rank. The Second Pillar can be used on any number of A-Rank and below techniques but it can only be used four times per battle on S-Rank and above techniques. It also cannot be used in consecutive turns.

The Third Pillar: This is the S-Rank application of Pillars of Creation and utilizes an infusion of forty chakra. Unlike the previous two pillars this Third Pillar only incorporates techniques which employ a partial or fullbody elemental transformation, much like the Hozuki, and must be energy-based in nature. This technique, through an enormous flooding of Mystic Fire chakra, converts any energy-based elemental transformation to become purely Mystic Fire based, while retaining its original abilities and qualities. For example, should a Bakuton based elemental transformation be converted to Mystic Fire it will retain its default explosive qualities while obtaining all qualities of Mystic Fire Release. Additionally, as long as the elemental transformation utilized allows for Fire and Lightning natures to be accessed, the user will still be able to mold chakra for techniques based on the original elemental transformation, even after conversion. The Third Pillar, like the Second, also enhances the applied transformation by an additional rank in strength, or twenty additional damage for techniques above S-Rank. The Third Pillar can be used twice per battle, requiring a two turn cooldown in between uses.

Description: The Eyes of God, or sometimes referred to as the Helix nebulae, are two nebulae within the Milky Way galaxy. This technique is considered the sibling to Primordial Creation and the Dark Heart of the Cosmos. The Eyes of God allows the user to manifest creations imbued with a higher form of sentience on the battlefield. These creations are limited only by the rank applied and the user’s imagination. While animalistic creations are generally preferred they are not limited to this, allowing for a wide range of familiars. As familiars created from energy they are capable of flight, regardless if they possess wings or not. Familiars can only reach a maximum height of twenty meters. There exist two separate applications of the Eyes of God: forming and manifesting familiars on the battlefield or manifesting familiars as an ethereal guardian around one’s person. S-Rank usages of the Eyes of God, regardless of which application, can only be used two times per battle and cannot be used in consecutive turns. A-Rank and above familiars can only exist on the battlefield for a maximum of four turns. S-Rank applications require the user weave a single hand seal.

Single Helix (Tan’itsu Rasen Seiun): The Single Helix, named after the commonly known Helix nebula itself within the constellation Aquarius, is used to manifest creations on the battlefield with a higher degree of sentience. As creations with a higher degree of sentience these can be created anywhere on the battlefield including around the user’s own person, although this is a lesser used application. Familiars cannot be created within short-range of the opponent unless the user is present within that range as well, in which case familiars cannot be created within two meters of the opponent. These creations are limited only by the user’s imagination. The default abilities of creations made through the Single Helix allows them, at the user’s volition, to possess a concentrated state allowing the energy which they are composed of to take a physical form. When in this physical form their bodies become far more volatile; matter or opposing forces which they strike or are struck against will cause them to explode inflicting significant damage five meters around the created familiar. Because they are familiars which possess a higher degree of sentience they are capable of acting independent of their user’s concentration. Multiple familiars can be created and will follow normal splitting rules.

Double Helix (Nijūrasen Seiun): The Double Helix, named after the lesser known Double Helix Nebula near the core of the Milky Way, is used to manifest an ethereal guardian around one’s person. Like the Single Helix, this Guardian also possesses a higher degree of sentience and can act independently of the user’s concentration. These familiars, like its lesser versions, can be created within the limitations of the user’s imagination. The default abilities of creations made through the Double Helix allows them to utilize Mystic Fire techniques up to and including the rank of the created guardian. Mystic Fire Release techniques which require hand seals can be utilized by the guardian, much like Susano’o’s ability to utilize hand seals, but requires the created guardian to possess hands. The guardian possesses a form of solidity, much like the concentration of energy found in other constructs, however this does not hinder the user’s techniques to pass through the guardian should the need arise.

Chakra: 30
Description: This technique is named after the nebula the Ghost of Jupiter and employs Mystic Fire’s ability to manifest itself freely on the battlefield. Through Mystic Fire’s unique relationship with Fūinjutsu the Ghost of Jupiter is capable of utilizing the highly disruptive capabilities of Mystic Fire Release against Fūinjutsu and barrier Fūinjutsu. Through a release of Mystic Fire chakra, much akin to that of Hindering Sound Ninjutsu, one is capable of applying three distinct applications of Ghost of Jupiter, all applying similar principles. Seals which are tampered with are left useless, regardless of whether or not the Mystic Fire is removed from the battlefield as its purpose is to simply disrupt the seals functionality. All applications utilize a saturation of the battlefield in harmless Mystic Fire chakra. This technique, regardless of application, can be used four times per battle and cannot be used in consecutive turns. In the following turn the user is unable to utilize Mystic Fire Release above A-Rank.

Diffuse Nebulae (Kakusan Seiun): Named after the common diffuse type nebulae which span enormous distances. This encompasses the first application of the Ghost of Jupiter. Through a saturation of the battlefield free standing seals, such as the generic Sealing Tag, Flying Thunder God seals, and other free standing seals are destroyed. This is because the seals themselves are simply sheets of paper or simple inscriptions which possess unranked durability. The Mystic Fire chakra permeates the seal and disrupts its mechanics, rendering it useless. This application is unable to be applied to seals located on the body, but it can be applied to seals which are applied to the body after the fact, such as Flying Thunder God seals. The exception to this application is seals which have been fortified through an infusion of chakra. Should an applied seal be fortified with elemental chakra, or some form of infusion which bolsters the seal’s physical durability, then the absolute neutrality of Mystic Fire must be respected. This in effect causes the first application to be deferred to the second application. The Diffuse Nebulae application will not tamper with the user’s own seals.

Planetary Nebulae (Wakuseijōseiun): Named after the lesser common emission-type nebulae released from the death of red giant stars. This embodies the second application of the Ghost of Jupiter. Unlike the first the Planetary Nebulae is a precise and targeted application aimed toward seals classified as body seals. Due to their complexity the user may only tamper with seals equivalent to the rank of Ghost of Jupiter. As such, when used at A-Rank, the user is capable of tampering with one A-Rank body seal, rendering it useless. Should the Ghost of Jupiter be boosted in strength, it will be capable of tampering with one S-Rank seal, or two A-Rank seals, and so on. However, as a more precise application, the user must also be aware of the seal which they are targeted on the opponent’s body requiring they have already seen it and have knowledge of its existence. The user can apply this second application to barrier Fūinjutsu as well, following the same principles as above. The Planetary Nebulae is also used against fortified seals, as outlined in Diffuse Nebulae.

Range: Short
Chakra: 30
Description: This technique employs a tag seal with the word ‘Repository’ inscribed on it and placed somewhere on the user’s body or on a weapon; in the case of a weapon the weapon must remain in contact with the user at all times. The seal can either be placed on the user’s biography and stated or placed during travel or battle, counting as a move. Cygnus Loop is a technique which utilizes Fūinjutsu’s ability to seal infinite quantities of various objects within a vessel, in this case the Cygnus seal. This acts as an effect chakra storage unit and can store infinite quantities of chakra absorbed and drained from another target through two methods. The first method passively allows the seal to link itself to the user’s absorptive techniques, such as the Multiple Infinite Embraces. Typically the Embraces will drain chakra and immediately deposit it in the user’s body; with the Cygnus seal this chakra is instead deposited in the seal itself. The second method is through the seal’s unique relationship with Mystic Fire Release and Fūinjutsu allowing the user to utilize Ultraviolet Radiance, a technique based on the Cygnus seal. Regardless of the application used when chakra is drained from an opponent or their techniques the chakra will be deposited within the seal. In essence Cygnus Loop acts as a bank and middleman. When chakra is stored in the seal the chakra is ‘purified’ within the seal. This effectively converts stolen chakra back into raw chakra. For example, should the user absorb Fire chakra and store it within the seal it will be converted into stored chakra and made readily available for the user to use for a future technique. Alternatively stored chakra can be freely absorbed into the user’s body to replenish their reserves. The Cygnus seal itself is an A-Rank seal and is fortified as such due to its relationship and infusion of Mystic Fire.

Chakra: 10 – 40
Description: This technique stems from the Cygnus seal and is based on Primordial Creation. Ultraviolet Radiance utilizes chakra stored within the Cygnus seal in order to produce creations of Mystic Fire Release, much like those created in Primordial Creation. Should the Cygnus seal be void of chakra it can be directly drawn from the user’s own reserve. However, because of the Cygnus seal’s unique composition these flames are notably different from the typical flames created in Primordial Creation. They are granted remarkable chakra draining and sealing qualities. The flames can be produced from the user’s body, through the ground, or even in the air. Should the flames be produced in the air they are unable to be created within short-range of the opponent, unless the user is within short-range as well. The flames can be manipulated to a high degree allowing the user to produce a wide variety of constructs and shapes, generally limited by their own imagination. Alternatively Ultraviolet Radiance can be used to simply create streams, fireballs, blasts, and waves of flame. By default the flames adhere to the violet spectrum of visible light, but they can seal their light entirely allowing them to appear much like the black flames of Amaterasu. Because of their unique chakra draining and sealing qualities the flames are able to consume the chakra of opposing techniques and targets in order to supply the Cygnus seal. Ultraviolet Radiance’s draining capabilities reflect the rank it is granted; for example, should an A-Rank flame be produced it will be capable of draining 30 chakra. This occurs when striking a target directly. The chakra drained will be stored within the Cygnus seal. Alternatively, when clashing with opposing techniques the flames of Ultraviolet Radiance will act to seal the technique’s chakra within the Cygnus seal. For example, an A-Rank Radiance flame will be able to seal A-Rank and below techniques and be neutralized, respecting Absolute Neutrality. The remains of the chakra-void technique will be burned away by the Mystic Fire, leaving nothing behind in the case of a complete neutralization. The flames of Radiance can be weakened; should an A-Rank flame seal a B-Rank technique it will be weakened to B-Rank. While the flames possess ranked damage, the rules of sealing take precedence in technique clashes. Thus, the ranked damage simply is applied when striking an unranked target or opponent and inflicting the physical damage applied. Applications of Ultraviolet Radiance above C-Rank require a single handseal. S-Rank applications can be used three times per battle and cannot be used in consecutive turns; in the same turn that the S-Rank application is used the user is unable to use Mystic Fire Release above A-Rank.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now it was time for the practical part of training. Wordlessly, Ozymandias holds an open palm before him, as if gripping an apple or other circular object from its underside. Taking note of her instructions, the pharaoh concentrates chakra to his palm, vibrating it a a high but constant frequency. What forms in his hand is a small violet flame, flickering gently in the dimly lit room. Ceasing the concentration of chakra to his hand for a moment, he performs the process once again, this time producing brief but recurring crackles of electrical energy, which were also violet, with a flick of his hand. Through minor manipulation of his chakra, he slowly alters the coloration of the energy in his palm, turning it from violet to red, from red to yellow, and finally settling on a blue which appeared similarly to that of the midday sky. Returning it to its state of flames, he gazes upon the energy for a moment longer, before closing his fingers into a fist, quenching the flame in that same movement.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Good. You're learning." She went to a nearby dusty table and sat down, crossing her legs. "So we've discussed the nature of the Sealing Arts. We've come to the understanding that the nature of the chakra in techniques that fall under that category are not an elemental nature, but rather an established behavior in a sense. So, now we're going to practice applying this behavior to the Mystic Flames you've just produced. We'll know when you've accomplished it when you can effectively seal off the light produced by the flames - this will create what will seem similar to the black flames of Amaterasu. While the sealing aspect of the element is not integral to the black flames, meaning that a flame of any color can have the sealing properties of Mystic Fire, it will be an indicator of your success. Now, begin."

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nodding, Ozymandias re-opens his palm, focusing his chakra to the center of his hand, and produces another small ember of blue flames. Taking note of Amara's words, and remembering his own training, the monarch knows not to further tamper with the element's nature. Rather, he inserts an additional, minuscule amount of his own chakra into the flame, enough to further manipulate the present energy in such a way that the color of the flames would undergo yet another change. Starting from the center of the flame, its color begins to fade, turning darker and darker until there is no color at all, no light emanating from the flame itself. This behavior spreads throughout the rest of the flame, like a drop of ink spreading through parchment upon contact. Slowly, the rest of the fire loses its color, turning entirely black. Accompanying this change, was the noticeable recession of light from around the small mass of energy. It appeared to absorb the light entirely within itself, and Ozymandias could no longer feel the heat that would normally radiate from the flames. He had produced the entirely black flame which Amara had used against him during their small bout in the ruins below, and his features experience a minor shift in expression. His usual, plain, uninterested gaze became a more intense glare, his eyes having focused in on the lightless energy floating in his palm. Rather than dispel the flame immediately, he stretches the hand holding it to Amara, to silently show his success.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A key aspect of Fuinjutsu is its ability to absorb or contain energies, or create barriers which do so. In essence, I'd directly applied that characteristic of Fuin to the flames themselves. Through this manipulation, the flames themselves don't emit any light or heat, except through direct contact, as the energy becomes entirely contained within the flames, thereby altering the behaviour of the energy itself.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A key aspect of Fuinjutsu is its ability to absorb or contain energies, or create barriers which do so. In essence, I'd directly applied that characteristic of Fuin to the flames themselves. Through this manipulation, the flames themselves don't emit any light or heat, except through direct contact, as the energy becomes entirely contained within the flames, thereby altering the behaviour of the energy itself.
Good. You finally fucking get it I think z.z. What you've done thus far officially constitutes enough knowledge to perform Primordial Creation.

"Know this well, Ozymandias, and do not forget it. This technique is called Primordial Creation. Knowing the element, why do you think it is named as such? It is largely unrelated to the technical part of our training, but I want to understand whether or not you know why."

(Shiraton: Genshi Sōzō) – Mystic Fire Release: Primordial Creation

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amara's words registered, but Ozymandias held his gaze on the flame before him, briefly contemplating on the question. "I believe it symbolises the ancient universe following the great blast which created it. That, or even the explosion, the Big Bang, itself. It is creation in its most basic, fundamental state, before the passage of time shaped it."