Mis

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Imitation Game just recently released on my local theatre and I was wondering if anyone else had watched it.

In case you haven't, you should. It's an historical thriller about the mathematician Alan Turing, who was a key figure in cracking Nazi Germany's naval Enigma code, wich helped the Allies win the WWII. And it's not just a piece of fiction. If you're into History, I highly recomment it. Heck, I recommend it even if you're not. Awesome starring with Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley (favorite actress, lalalalala~).

As most movies based on true stories, it doesn't have a "and they lived happily ever after." Nope. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but either way I'd suggest you bring some tissues.

You must be registered for see images

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've seen it twice. Loved the movie. It had great pacing, and fantastic acting around the board [but ESPECIALLY from Cumberbatch]. Was it my choice for best of 2014? No. But none the less, it was a great watch.

Mis

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I've seen it twice. Loved the movie. It had great pacing, and fantastic acting around the board [but ESPECIALLY from Cumberbatch]. Was it my choice for best of 2014? No. But none the less, it was a great watch.
Now I'm curious~
What was your choice for best 2014 movie?

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now I'm curious~
What was your choice for best 2014 movie?
Best of 2014, in my opinion, was hands down Whiplash. Good god was that an outstanding piece of art. Im not one to see films about music -not that I don't like music, its just that usually films revolving around music typically don't go barking up my tree- but I had to see this just for JK Simmons performance and boy was I glad I did.

JK Simmons performance was breathtaking [the music was great too btw]. The tension that the film creates truly keeps you at the edge of your seat right up to the last frame of the movie. Im a film buff, so 9/10 times I can predict with some to extreme accuracy how a film to going to progress. Whiplash kept me guessing all the way through. Not because of any huge revelations or plot twists that a story like Naruto had, but just because of the pure tension that is created and raised throughout the entire film.

If anyone has not seen Whiplash, absolutely go see it before it gets pulled from theaters.

Edenia

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Imitation Game just recently released on my local theatre and I was wondering if anyone else had watched it.

In case you haven't, you should. It's an historical thriller about the mathematician Alan Turing, who was a key figure in cracking Nazi Germany's naval Enigma code, wich helped the Allies win the WWII. And it's not just a piece of fiction. If you're into History, I highly recomment it. Heck, I recommend it even if you're not. Awesome starring with Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley (favorite actress, lalalalala~).

As most movies based on true stories, it doesn't have a "and they lived happily ever after." Nope. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but either way I'd suggest you bring some tissues.

You must be registered for see images
I loved that movie, 9,5/10 for me! Amazing and loved Bennedict as Alan, great performance from him and Keira too

Mis

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Best of 2014, in my opinion, was hands down Whiplash. Good god was that an outstanding piece of art. Im not one to see films about music -not that I don't like music, its just that usually films revolving around music typically don't go barking up my tree- but I had to see this just for JK Simmons performance and boy was I glad I did.

JK Simmons performance was breathtaking [the music was great too btw]. The tension that the film creates truly keeps you at the edge of your seat right up to the last frame of the movie. Im a film buff, so 9/10 times I can predict with some to extreme accuracy how a film to going to progress. Whiplash kept me guessing all the way through. Not because of any huge revelations or plot twists that a story like Naruto had, but just because of the pure tension that is created and raised throughout the entire film.

If anyone has not seen Whiplash, absolutely go see it before it gets pulled from theaters.
Whiplash. I haven't seen it over here yet. But I'm definitely watching when it comes out/streams online. =D

I loved that movie, 9,5/10 for me! Amazing and loved Bennedict as Alan, great performance from him and Keira too
Awwww, your sig~~~ <3

Reactions: Edenia

Edenia

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
now I want to see the one from Anglin Jolie :) I liked American Sniper, I usually love Clint Eastwood movies,it was a nice tribute and very realistic but it's more monotonous in a way.

kmrasengan

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

My god, Whiplash was amazing. absolutely loved the 10 final minutes, it kept me at the edege of my seat the whole time, it was jaw dropping.

Mis

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
now I want to see the one from Anglin Jolie :) I liked American Sniper, I usually love Clint Eastwood movies,it was a nice tribute and very realistic but it's more monotonous in a way.
American Sniper didn't really catch my attention at first, but I might just try it out ^^

My god, Whiplash was amazing. absolutely loved the 10 final minutes, it kept me at the edege of my seat the whole time, it was jaw dropping.
Is is that good? Now I really am curious~

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really the entire third act kept me at the edge of my seat, but the last 10 minutes or so for sure

American Sniper didn't really catch my attention at first, but I might just try it out ^^

Is is that good? Now I really am curious~
Yes. A thousand times yes.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I found it streaming online.
It's loading~
:x3:
While I wouldn't recommend streaming a film such as this [you get the most power and emotion from it seeing it on a larger screen in full quality], if thats the only means you have of viewing it then by all means go for it! Its a very small release as it is, so many locations don't have it. But I know that it comes out on blu ray and dvd in just a couple of weeks. If you enjoy the stream I would highly recommend picking up the retail version as well. The experience will be much better I assure you [but streaming it will likely still be amazing] ;)

Reactions: Mis

Mis

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
While I wouldn't recommend streaming a film such as this [you get the most power and emotion from it seeing it on a larger screen in full quality], if thats the only means you have of viewing it then by all means go for it! Its a very small release as it is, so many locations don't have it. But I know that it comes out on blu ray and dvd in just a couple of weeks. If you enjoy the stream I would highly recommend picking up the retail version as well. The experience will be much better I assure you [but streaming it will likely still be amazing] ;)
I did watch it that night. And the quality wasn't bad altogether, although watching it on the big screen would've been much, much better. I don't quite know what I was expecting, but it dumbfounded me in lots of different ways. I'm deeply moved by movies with such profound, intense and meaningful messages, and Whiplash was no exception. Another thing worth mentioning: the surrealism of the acting. My God, they're good. I got angry, I got furious and almost threw my laptop out of the window. I felt the movie in my own skin. The harshness and severeness of all of it, and some of the character's choices and decisions, too. That was one hell of a movie. Thank you for your recommendation~!!!

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I did watch it that night. And the quality wasn't bad altogether, although watching it on the big screen would've been much, much better. I don't quite know what I was expecting, but it dumbfounded me in lots of different ways. I'm deeply moved by movies with such profound, intense and meaningful messages, and Whiplash was no exception. Another thing worth mentioning: the surrealism of the acting. My God, they're good. I got angry, I got furious and almost threw my laptop out of the window. I felt the movie in my own skin. The harshness and severeness of all of it, and some of the character's choices and decisions, too. That was one hell of a movie. Thank you for your recommendation~!!!
You're very welcome. Glad you enjoyed it!