Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I didn't even know this section existed. HunterxHunter is an amazing series that i recommend anyone to watch and read.

If there is anyone wanting to get into this series first of all watch the original anime up to Yorkshin and watch the ova's for Greed island, once you're done with that read the manga.

The reason i don't recommend the HunterxHunter 2011 is because despite great animation some of the fights arent as enjoyable(debatable) but one thing that ruins everything is how fast paced it is, the pacing even leaves fundamental stuff that are essential to explaining certain things so 2011 watchers only wouldn't understand how some of the thing occured. You can not watch and enjoy the 2011 because of how fast everything goes.

That's why i urge anyone wanting to get into this series to start with the original HunterxHunter with the 8 ovas that come with it before moving to the manga. I will give links.

All dubbed episodes of the original anime:

The OVA's that continue the original anime:

The OVA's are all subbed and after that you move to the manga:

The artstyle of the manga may be repelling at first but trust me it gets better as you read on.
The author of this series is the same as the one in Yu Yu Hakusho so you may see some similarities between the two.

I'm not caught up with the manga yet but i will definitely say it is my top 3 ongoing series under One Piece and Berserk.

Have fun.:)

Last edited:

'Kurapika

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The new anime completely skipped the beginning of the series where Kaito saves Gon's life and tells him about Hunter and his dad being alive. I don't even know how they'll be animating the Chimera Ants arc when they never showed Kaito. =/

~Yubel~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The new anime completely skipped the beginning of the series where Kaito saves Gon's life and tells him about Hunter and his dad being alive. I don't even know how they'll be animating the Chimera Ants arc when they never showed Kaito. =/
I know, they even skipped stuff like how Hisoka escaped the troupe to get to Kurapika in the last episode of Yorkshin.
They have good animation but they have no clue what they're doing.