13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous Chapters:

Chapter 6;
My name is...:

For as long as time remember, there has always been war...

Although different periods of time has brought different eras of peace,
An underlying cause for hatred has always been there lurking in the shadows,
Always present, always abiding its time to spring forth once again to disturb the hard-fought peace...
This tale is that of the forgotten, in a distant place far, far away.

This is how it all began, 7000 years ago...
When a defining change was just about to happen,
A different course, in a different place than what we eventually has come to know as the "Earth."
A change that would make two worlds collide, the starting point for a new beginning...

This is the tale of Jedi Master Revan
And how he came to be known as the Hero of Time,
The first wielder of the Master Sword.
This is how it all began, a long time ago...

In a Galaxy, far, far away.

Forcing himself up to his feet again, Demise looked like he was going to fall into a rage. Picking up his lightsaber and reactivating it instantly, he then closed his eyes for a bit, concentrating his energy. It was as if a different presence filled the air all together as a dark red stream of energy began to glow around his entire body. Opening his eyes again, they were now pure black compared to their dark red colors from before. Had he stored some powers left in him for a situation like this?

"Now you've gone and made me really mad... I guess it can't be helped, playing around for much longer will only end up getting the better of me..."

"Menma, be careful, he's-..."

"I know..."

Readying his defenses, Menma was prepared to face him yet again as the battle entered its final phase. Just as he was about to leap off to face Demise, Menma notice Revan falling to his knees gasping for air as he tried to check on him.

"I'm fine-... Don't worry... Don't take your eyes off him for even a second, Menma..."

"Revan, are you sure you'll-..."

"Just do it..."

Having to sit down for a bit, Revan didn't seem to be of much help now as Menma set his eyes upon Demise once more. After all, he had endured both a massive electrocution and also had had his hand pierced right through the middle of it with Demise's lightsaber.

"I will end this now..."

Shouting out, it was as if the red energy surrounding him suddenly retracted back into his body as Demise suddenly split into three copies of himself, including his real self. Each one just as deadly.

"So you're able to do that as well I see, fine, if you want to play it that way..."

Forming a cross with his hands, Menma then started to focus as well, but just as he did, he suddenly realized that the limits he now found himself restrained in did indeed have an affect on him. Being able to make only one copy of himself, Menma then set out to face the three versions of Demise. Reaching for one of the pockets on his combat uniform, Menma picked out something that seemed like a small blade as he headed straight for the clash. His clone however, seemingly got pierced right through his abdomen on purpose by one of Demise's clones' lightsaber, only so he could get a clean stroke with the blade, penetrating his neck as the two clones effectively dealt with each other before vanishing from the scene.

"Smart move, however..."

Seeing the real Menma coming in, Demise shot off another storm of lightning from his fingertips his way, but Menma quickly dodged it as he continued pressing forward, only to see Demise raise his other hand just as he was about to reach him. Getting pushed back by a mighty shockwave, Menma fell on his back and rolled over as he looked up at Demise again and threw the small blade his way, only to see it parried by his lightsaber. Using his extreme speed, Menma suddenly reappeared by the other clone's position as he jumped up high into the air and prepared to attack him from above. Readying his defenses, the clone was just about to throw his lightsaber at him when Menma quickly formed what seemed to be some sort of hand-seals on his way down towards him, creating two additional copies of himself to back him up with, both of which appeared right underneath Demise's clone. Knocking the clone up into the air, he was sent straight for the real Menma as Menma spun around several time over while shouting out.

"I call this... Men-ma... Super speed flying kick combination!"

Sending the last of Demise's clone crashing to the ground, Menma landed safely at his feet as he watched both that clone, as well as the additional two he created of himself, vanish as soon as the attack came to an end. It was only the real Demise and himself left now as he put his focus back on him. It was then that a surprising view met his eyes. Over by Demise's side stood Revan with the Master sword in hand, seemingly having been able to pick himself and the sword up, having charged straight at Demise in an attempt to end things prematurely. What had happened however was that Demise had been able to outmaneuver him and pierced his red lightsaber straight through his stomach. Realizing this, Menma quickly tried to come to his aid as Demise pulled the lightsaber out of Revan as he watched him fall to the ground in pain. Just as Menma was about to reach them, Demise shifted his focus towards him and prepared his defenses.

"Revan!!"

Immediately understanding what he meant, Revan mustered up his last remaining strength as he tossed the Master Sword Menma's way in one last desperate move. Everything pointed towards the obvious- Menma would not be able to wield it despite how much he wanted to. Catching it with his right hand, Menma was suddenly pulled down towards the ground by the weight of it as Demise's lightsaber swung just above his head.

"I knew-... It... !!"

Thinking that it was the weight that had pulled him down and that Menma was indeed unable to maintain his grasp of the sword, Revan was utterly shocked to see him having simply dodged Demise's attack, as he swung around and cut a clean cut straight across Demise's chest, before following up with a powerful roundhouse kick, sending Demise once again crashing into the wall as he did. Demise's lightsaber flew out of his hand as Menma grabbed a hold of it while it was still mid-air and threw it hard towards Demise who was still struggling to get lose from the rubble. Just barely being able to get his head up in time, Demise swiftly moved his right arm to the side to avoid getting hit, but as soon as he looked up to regain his focus of Menma again, he already saw Menma flying in at him as he pierced the Master Sword straight through Demise's left shoulder and into the wall behind him. Grunting out in great pain, sweat-drops began to form on his forehead as he saw that Menma had a dead-serious expression on his face.

"I will not-... Let you get the better of me!!"

Reaching his hand out, Demise sent both Menma and the Master Sword flying with an almighty Force push, and just as he landed on the ground and regained his balance, Menma quickly looked up again as he saw Revan pointing at the other side of the cave. The portal through time had finally opened up and Demise was heading straight for it!! He was even in such a hurry that he had left his lightsaber behind on the ground. It was basically now or never!

"Don't let him go through the portal or it will all be over!! You have to stop him, no matter the cost!!"

Screaming out for him to move with his final strength, Revan watched as Menma tightened his grip around the Master Sword and disappeared in a flash, only to reappear right in front of Demise who was now only meters away from entering the portal. Sending him high up in the air with a kick from below, Menma quickly jumped up to his height as he flipped several timed around through the air, before piercing the Master Sword straight through Demise's abdomen with all his power and sending the two of them crashing rapidly down towards the ground. Just as the dust finally settled, Revan's eyes widened as he saw Menma just standing there with both his hands still on the legendary weapon's hilt. On the ground below him, pierced by the sword and nailed to the ground laid Demise, as life slowly begun to vanished from his eyes. Not even a single word was uttered.

"It's-... Over..."

Almost collapsing in exhaustion due to the final attack, Menma had to take a short breather before he suddenly realized that Revan was mortally wounded. Leaving the sword still stuck into Demise's body, Menma then struggled himself over to Revan as he bent down to him and helped him up to an upright position.

"Our job-... Is done... However, it seems like it has cost more... Than I was able to handle... I'll leave the fate of this world in your capable hands, Menma... Let the Master Sword guide you where ever you decide to go... We were a good team the two of us, weren't we? I'm glad-... We got the chance to meet."

A smile formed on Revan's face as he looked at Menma, who in turn almost broke down in tears. He hadn't known Revan for too long, but their short meeting had definitely left a deep impact on him. And seeing his life slowly slipping away between his fingers, he just felt helpless knowing there was nothing he could do for his friend at this stage. He knew there and then that they had been able to stop Demise, but not without Revan's life as the ultimate price to pay. Was there really nothing he could do for him?

"So you decided to call it the Master Sword, huh Revan..."

Trying to break the tone, Menma begun to smile as well as Revan tried to laugh at his remark, but he could only cough up blood instead. Forcing out his final words, life was indeed slipping away from him.

"I already promised you, didn't I??... We stopped Demise, so that's the least I could do... I still wonder though how you were able to wield the sword, you weren't suppose to be able to... Perhaps the spark that was created between us when we greeted, once we first met, had something to do with it?? I must have transferred my imprints to you somehow I guess, but... I can only speculate at this point though... At the end of the day, I guess this was always meant to be my fate, my destiny, and I already anticipated it when I sacrificed everything to get here... It was basically a one-way ticket, and stopping Demise was all that mattered... My life is worth paying for it..."

"Revan, I-..."

"Tell me Menma, as the last thing-... Before I go... Do you remember something from your past and who you really are?? Have you finally regained your-... Old self??"

Looking at him, it was just a matter of time now, and realizing this, Menma bent down to his ear and whispered into it. He did indeed remember who he was and why he had been sent to the past now, but he did not have the time nor the strength to tell him the whole tale. Briefly summing it up to Revan, the last thing he said was his real name. Those words was the last thing Revan would ever hear.

"So that's how it is, huh... I see... Nice to-... Officially-... Meet-... You-..."

Taking his last breath, Revan's soul left his body as he was reunited with his friends and teachers from the past. The battle had finally come to an end, and all that remained now for Menma was to look to the future. He still had a long way to go before he could finally rest too, and thinking about the past, he knew that this was only just the beginning. Lamenting how he should have taken Revan's place, Menma then decided to give him a proper burial under a nicely laid line up of rocks, before turning his attention towards the Master Sword again as he picked up the holster that Revan had used to store it in on his way over there. Getting there, Menma pulled the sword out of Demise's lifeless body, as he wiped the blood of it before holstering it on his back. Menma was now the next wielder of the Master Sword, only the second in line of many. Looking at the portal as it closed up before him, Menma then turned his attention towards the exit of the cave as it was still snowing heavily outside. About to take his leave however, the whole mountain suddenly began rumbling as he quickly turned around, only to see Demise still standing on his feet!

"Impossible, you shouldn't have been able to, you were most definitely dead!"

"I am the Dark Lord of the Sith, the Demon King, Darth Demise! For me, everything is possible!"

Charging in at Menma weapon-less, Demise sought to get his revenge for ruining his plan in a one last attempt, and seeing this, Menma prepared himself.

"In that case... I guess I will use the remaining chakra I have left from the future, and end it all in my next move!"

Reaching his hand out, and intense ball of energy once again appeared in it, but only this time, a strong wind began to blew all around it as a piercing sound was heard throughout the cave.

"Take this!! Futon... Rasen-...Shuriken!!"

Throwing it with all his remaining might, Menma fell to his knees in exhaustion as he watched the RasenShuriken fly Demise's way. Expecting it to hit home however, Menma was surprised to see Demise being able to evade it just in time as he continued on his path towards Menma.

"You missed your chance!! I will get you for stopping my plans!!-..."

About to hammer lose on Menma with his bare hands, who still down on his knees, Demise failed to notice the RasenShuriken having turned around as it was now heading straight for him from behind. Hitting him dead on, Demise was sent flying over Menma's head and out of the cave as he disappeared in the distance far away from the Three Wolves Mountain's location. He flew so far that the blast couldn't even be seen due to the dense blizzard that was raging on, but both the sound and the shockwave of the blast reached Menma as he had to cover for his face. He had used his final strength, having emptied the final chakra that anyone would be able to utilize in millenniums, but now... Now it was finally over. At least for now...

Getting back up on his feet, Menma then set his eyes on what would come to be his next target, and somehow, it almost felt like he knew where to go. As the five next days passed swiftly by, Menma had continued journeying across the land in search for his goal, and as he finally entered out of a vast forest put behind him, he then came before a Great Temple, which was still having its final finishing touches made to it. Being worked on by some construction-workers and carpenters alike, Menma looked around as he noticed several other buildings being worked on in the distance as well, and seeing this, he immediately thought that he had come to a place which just had begun laying its founding bricks for what would eventually become a great village in the future. Heading over to the entrance of the Great Temple, Menma was greeted by an elderly monk inviting him inside.

"Hello there lonesome traveler. Please take a short breather inside to refuel your strength in the presence of the gods..."

"In the presence of the gods, huh..."

Joining him inside, Menma was amazed to see the structure's inner halls, but he knew there and then that he had come to the right place. What exactly was going on, and why had he traveled all the way to get here?

"Normally, I would have had to ask you to leave all of your weaponry behind by the entrance, but that sword... It's no ordinary sword is it??"

Asking curiously, the monk seemed to know a thing or two about Menma and the Master Sword, but he quickly brushed that fact aside when asked about it. Continuing further in, Menma came before what seemed to be an alter of some sort, as the monk then turned around and headed in the other direction.

"Wait... What's the name of this temple, wise monk??"

"Its name??... Normally, people name things after they are finished, don't they??"

Quietly taking his leave, Menma was then left to himself. Looking up, he sat down on the only row that had been put up so far as he started thinking of the past. He had been through a lot, more than he could possible sum up in just a few sentences, but he remembered it all clearly now. Who he used to be, what he was suppose to do from here on and out, how he had been able to travel to the past, and what tasks he still had in front of himself. And all of it, was connected to the one legendary sword on his back. A journey of 7000 years, that was his true mission and what he had to go through before finally being able to fulfill his destiny.

"'Death is only the beginning...' Now I know for certain what that meant."

Thinking back on what that sign at Death Mountain had read and what his vision had shown him, Menma had come to the realization that in order to go back in time from the future, he had to 'die' and get reborn in a sense. That was exactly why he suddenly looked like he was in his early 30s again, why he was not able to take the Tailed Beasts with him, why he had trouble remembering who he was and how he had been able to keep his immortality. The Wizard, or in one sense, his future self, was right all along. It was only one thing left for him to do now before he could finally go to rest and be reunited with his friends and loved ones from the past as well, and that was to endure.

Because his life, no matter how long he had lived and all the things he had gone through in order to bring on True Eternal Peace, had only just begun, and he had indeed a long journey ahead of him. The Shinobi World he left in the future had indeed had its peace, but in order to keep that peace safe and make this present time become that future, Menma would have to fulfill the different conditions that were set out for him, to make sure all the wielders of the Master Sword came to be. As he was sitting there in his own thoughts, he was suddenly approached by a stranger who asked him if he wanted the company. This however, was something Menma already had predicted happening as he gladly accepted it. Sitting down beside him, the two of them admired the alter in front of them together without sharing as much as a single word for the first few minutes. It was then, after a comfortable silence had filled their souls with peace, that the stranger finally spoke out...

"This temple... It's rather unusual, isn't it? It's like the atmosphere here is different, more pure, than anything I've ever felt..."

"I guess you could say that..."

The man who had taken a seat beside him, had what seemed to be a coat made out of the skin of a bear wrapped around him, a long brown and curly hair, and a determined but bold look on his face. He was in his early 20s and he had indeed traveled a long way to get to this temple for unknown reasons. Perhaps this was a destined meeting, just like the one Menma had with Revan??

"My name is Aragon by the way..."

Reaching his hand out, Aragon went to greet him.

"Aragon, you say..."

Hearing his name, a smile formed on Menma's face. This was indeed the one he was looking for, the one he had traveled all this way to find. Ignoring his hand, Menma stood up to his feet, as he looked around before taking a short walk further into the temple. Seeing this, Aragon too got up to his feet, wondering why Menma suddenly had the urge to stand up and take a closer inspection of the temple. Quickly catching up to him, Aragon had a curious, yet surprised look on his face, as if he had this weird feeling that he knew this guy from somewhere. Something he just couldn't explain.

"I've been looking for you, Aragon..."

"Say what now??"

Walking past the alter, the two of them came in front of what seemed to be a platform of some sorts at the end of the temple, and on top of it, was a few centimeters tall pedestal pointing up towards the sky with a small opening in the middle of it, where something seemingly belonged. Drawing the Master Sword from his back, Menma then decided to pierce it hard into the crack as the sword stuck deep into the pedestal, where it would remain until someone else worthy of wielding the sword would decide to try and draw it again.

"Now what did you do that for?? What's the purpose of leaving your sword like that?"

Seemingly puzzled, Aragon just looked at him. Having put the Master Sword to rest, Menma then reached his hand out to him while still having his smile intact, and seeing no reason not to, Aragon quickly shook it. Just as he did, a bright light lit up between them as Menma finally let go of his hand just as the light retracted and disappeared.

"What was that?! What's going on, why are you not answering any of my questions?? Are you-..."

"I am many things, but a god is not one of them..."

"You said you were looking for me??"

"Yes, I have indeed been doing just that... However, it's really too long of a tale to tell, but I guess we have plenty of time ahead of us."

"What do you mean??"

"Troubled times are on the horizon, and a Hero of the people will need to rise, just like destiny has foretold..."

"Destiny? Troubled times? A Hero of the people?"

"In a bit, I would like to have you try and draw this sword to make it your own, and depending on you being able to do just that or not, will indeed decide the future... Then, the sword will have found its new Master, the third one in line..."

Looking at him, Menma seemed like a totally different person than the one who had fought with Revan to bring down Demise. Where did he get all this knowledge from?? And what had he experienced during these five days of journeying to get here?

"This is the Blade of Evil's Bane, the Master Sword... It was created by a mysterious man named Revan, a Timeless Hero from beyond this planet. In a sense, you could look at him as a half man, half divine being. He met his end not long ago, but like for most of those from his kind, death is only the beginning. The Hero of Time, is someone who never really dies. Although absent from body, his soul is still connected to this world, to this sword, and may be called upon whenever so needed. The Master Sword will always be one with its Master...

Menma was not the slightest recognizable at this point. Hearing his words but not grasping the meaning of them, Aragon pressed to get some answers.

"Just who are you??..."

"My name... is Naruto... Uzumaki Naruto... And I've traveled from the future to meet with you."

The tale of Jedi Master Revan had come to an end, but what else laid waiting ahead?? Only the future knows...

The End.

Author's Note:

~ And that marks the end of this short tale. What exactly did Naruto mean with those last words of his, had Revan found a way past the limits of life itself? What would this encounter with Aragon bring? What about the rest of the wielders of the Master Sword? Questions left unanswered will find their truth in the future. ~

I hope you all liked the story this tale presented. Although it was in a sense, quite different from the other stories I've written here on the Base, it still managed to tell a somewhat interesting story. I guess most of you people realized early on that Menma was in fact Naruto, and for those of you who had read my Series Finale of TLSoK, this story served more as a continuation than a stand-alone work. Comments, thoughts, criticism and so on are welcomed!

As for what's next on my list, I'll be doing the tale of The Legendary Sage of Six Paths, based on an idea I've been storing ever since I started introducing him into the sequel of TLSoK, Returns, about three years ago. That's where this story will draw most of its inspirations anyways (which will mostly be in opposite of the direction the manga took). It's length will probably be about the same as this tale was, and I'll be releasing it in December.

After that, I'll be doing something called the "Recollection of the Past," which will be the ultimate story for the Master Timeline I've created, connecting all of my stories withing one shared universe. This project will be completely different from anything I've attempted before, and it will take place instead of writing separate stories for all of the remaining wielders of the Master Sword. More info to come later after I've done The Legendary Sage of Six Paths.

I also have a collaboration project coming up as well, and it will be the first thing I write that is completely separate from my Timeline whatsoever. All of these three stories will hopefully find their releases throughout December and January. After that, I'm thinking of finally doing my long shelved original work, Three Kingdoms as my last project on here, but as of now, it's still in the thinking-box.

To end things, I'll leave you guys with a small preview from 'Recollection of the Past!!':

By a rather quiet lake, an older man in his early 50s sat, pondering about in his own thoughts as he was waiting patiently for his rod to nipple. He hadn't been there more than half an hour, but it still felt like he had waited for a long time already. Not even a single fish had lured itself onto the fat juicy worm resting onto the hook as the older man was still expecting his first bite. Nothing... Not even a nipple... It was quiet, almost too quiet for his liking, but he was still waiting patiently like he always did as only a few singing birds could be spotted nearby, sitting up in a tree. Much had indeed changed during the past 20 years of his life, but by now, he had got used to it. His family was at home in his still ever growing village hidden in the leaves, and his sons and grandsons alike had already started, or, begun to start families of their own. Well perhaps not his grandsons just yet, but, it would probably not be many years before they too moved out to seek a future of their own.

The older man was 52 years old now to be exact, and as he was resting up against a tree, carefully watching his rod before him, a small grin begun to form on his face as he was reminiscing about the past. His once dark and blue hair had already started turning grey, and it had also grown quite in length too. His eyes were brown, and a small scar could be seen right beside his right eye, a scar he still to this date did not know where came from. It didn't bother him much though, as long as his loving caring wife thought it looked cool on him, then that was all that mattered. It was then as he continued to watch the rod before him that he reached for his bag laying beside him, which had a strap connected to it that rested around his shoulder. Pulling out a book from it, he then read its headline; "Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi." It was an old and dusty book, something he hadn't laid eyes on in ages. He still found the story quite interesting though, but the author of the book had passed away over two centuries ago. Just as he opened the book to chapter one, the rod in front of him started to go wild as a large red fish had taken the bait. Laying the book to the side, the old man tried to reel the fish in, but he quickly discovered that it was tougher than he could have imagined. Struggling for five minutes, he hadn't got any closer to reeling it in, in fact, it felt like more and more of his line was slowly being emptied from his rod.

*Snap!*

The fish was just too strong, not even being close to being reeled in. The line snapped in half as the old man bumped his back into the tree he previously rested it on. Scratching his head, the man lamented his own ability as he got back up to his feet. It was then that he noticed. The birds from before were gone and a dim fog had begun sneaking itself onto the lake before him. A light wind started to blow and a shivering feeling ran down his spine. "I guess it is time to go." He thought to himself as he went to reach for the book he had tossed aside before when the fish got hooked, but to his surprise, it was suddenly gone. Looking both right and left, the man could not find it anywhere as he was ever pondering on where exactly it could have landed. It was then that he suddenly saw an object getting tossed towards him from the shadows behind a tree, and as he caught it mid-air, he realized that it was the book he was looking for. Not only that, but the book had also opened up on a special page, a page the old man knew very well. It displayed a brief battle between two shinobi, a battle where the main character finally makes his stance and vows to break the curse, the curse of hatred. Perplexed by this odd coincident, the old man went to look to see who it was that had tossed the book his way, but as soon as he passed by the tree, nobody was there to greet him. "Strange..." Looking down at the book once more, the man thought to himself wondering how this occurrence could have happened, and it was then as he did that the shivering cold from before sneaked upon his spine once more. Turning around rapidly, the man shouted out; "Who's there lingering in the dark?! Show yourself!" Readying his defenses, the old man seemed to be quite adapt to battling despite his age, however, there was definitely something changed about him, something which no longer rested inside of him, a source of power that he once had relied heavily on to fight his battles. This something called 'Chakra,' which would have made him more than strong enough to fend of any and all danger approaching him. Nowadays however, he was just a man, like everyone else, and he had never come to expect anyone sneaking up on him by his favorite fishing spot, the one spot he always knew as peaceful and quiet.

"You have grown old on me, Ikari..."

A dark but calm voice could be heard, but there was no one around to claim that voice their own as Ikari looked around panic-struck, trying to target the one approaching him.

"Who are you and why are you sneaking up on me like this?! Show yourself!"

Trying once more to make contact with the mysterious being lurking in the dark watching him, Ikari knew he could be in trouble if he was to be jumped from the shadows. But who could it be? Who would disturb the peace?

"I am not your enemy, old friend, rather, I am..."

"That voice?! I know that voice!"

At the realization of this, Ikari stopped in his track as a transparent hand suddenly landed on his shoulder. Reacting in an instant, Ikari jumped forward as he rolled over, turning around as he finally saw the mysterious being with his own eyes. Before him stood a man, not young in age, but not too old either. In fact, he seemed to be around the same age as Ikari himself but perhaps not quite that old, as Ikari could only look at him, his eyes widening and his heart-rate increasing. Did he know this man?

"But I don't know you?? Are-.. Are you a ghost?!"

"Hahaha, I can assure you I am no ghost, or at least, not an evil one per say. The book you are holding on to, it was once written by my old perverted Sensei a long, long time ago. I guess Fukasaku handed it over to you after my passing, no?"

Listening to his words, Ikari did not know what to say. His entire body had frozen on the spot as the transparent man slowly approached him, reaching his hand out to him as he did. Grabbing onto it, Ikari was helped up to his feet as the two finally came face to face.

"Wait... Na-ruto?? Is that really you??"

[...]

Have an awesome day you guys. I'll probably just be replying to any reviews I get until December and not much else beside that on the Base, as I'm back home for good (done with the military at least) the 5th of December, and that's the next time I'll be home also.

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I enjoyed it Michael. Not as much as the Legendary Sage of Konoha, but I did enjoy it. I guess part of the reason is the change in style, even a reader has to get used to it. Although the change in style was not noticeable after the first two chapters. The fight sequence with Revan, Demise and Menma/Naruto was done really well, much better than the fight at the beginning.

I went back to parts 5 and 6 of TLSOK to refresh my memory about the Master Sword wielders. It was just as it was supposed to be so the two were tied together nicely.

Liked the preview. Looking forward to Recollections of the Past.

Last edited:

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I enjoyed it Michael. Not as much as the Legendary Sage of Konoha, but I did enjoy it. I guess part of the reason is the change in style, even a reader has to get used to it. Although the change in style was not noticeable after the first two chapters. The fight sequence with Revan, Demise and Menma/Naruto was done really well, much better than the fight at the beginning.

I went back to parts 5 and 6 of TLSOK to refresh my memory about the Master Sword wielders. It was just as it was supposed to be so the two were tied together nicely.

Liked the preview. Looking forward to Recollections of the Past.
Thanks a bunch Trea ^^ And I do agree. This story was never meant to be on the same level though, and I also like the One-Shot I did last December better as well. In the end it was more as a last minute decision to go through with this and it also helped me experiment a lot on new forms of writing. I knew to begin with that it would be a meager success if any, but I thought I had to go through with it nonetheless to help fill out my Master Timeline. I have high hopes for the one that comes next about the Sage, but then again, it's not like NB is what it used to be so we shall see. The Recollection of the past will be strange, strange indeed... More like 8 stories in one type of deal, and I've written that mostly for my own sake really as I doubt anyone will read it besides you.

As for styles, The Legendary Sage of Six Paths will be about 75 per cent 1st person narrative, so that is going to be exciting! Look for it in January (I doubt I'll be able to finish it by this year, but there is still hope). Thanks again for reading Trea, my currently one and only reader =p xD

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think I'm the only reader, although I am the only commenter. This post has over 140 views and the other parts have more than that.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think I'm the only reader, although I am the only commenter. This post has over 140 views and the other parts have more than that.
Oh but you are. Germanicus might catch up, but other than that there are none at this stage, for this work at least.
Hah, views aren't really anything to go by. 50 of those probably belongs to me for instance. Readers that only reads doesn't exist. They've never existed really.

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes they do. I know because I was one of them. I don't comment on every thread I read. When I first started reading your stuff I didn't comment on all of the parts.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hehe, but you were catching up, that's a difference. No need to revive countless old treads just to leave your input =p The point is, if you are a reader, you will leave a post on at least the last installment of the work you are reading, granted that it's not months old that is and that you were catching up. If you are a reader, you make the author aware of that so that he can keep a track on you and possible link you with upcoming parts (which might take months in between. People don't check the FF Section daily for a simple work anyways). The only way to keep on track is to let the author know. If not by comment then by VM or the likes of it.

View comes from people who are curious enough about a thread's name to find out what it is about really. Then they just leave that said thread the moment they found out what it is. I would agree if this wasn't the FF section, but since it is, you either read and comment or you don't basically (with what I mentioned above in mind). Nevertheless, you have to take the comments you get on the 2 or 3 first chapters with a grain of salt, after that, you can narrow it down to the ones that actually care/read your story and aren't simple striders who randomly comes by (which happens some times in the initial phase). I too used to believe in the views back in the days, but it is a commonly known and accepted that views are simple clicks made by the author, the readers (who comments or who are catching up) and the ones who randomly comes by, nothing outside of that. With this work, there are no comments except for yours, so there aren't anyone else reading right now. But like I stated, Germanicus might catch up, and there might also be someone else too that I know of. New readers are in either case out of the question, and so are "hidden ones." The only way that can happen is if you join the contest (not everyone bothers to read all and comment then), but I haven't joined with any of these so I know that for certain. Anyways, this is how I view it, feel free to disagree though =P

Last edited:

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry. I guess I was being too optimistic. I was trying to look on the bright side. Let me know when you post your next work.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was an awesome fight ^^ But I had no idea you were going to make Revan..well, you know what. I thought there was going to be some sort of miracle or something XD.
A very interesting story ^^ I liked it!

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was an awesome fight ^^ But I had no idea you were going to make Revan..well, you know what. I thought there was going to be some sort of miracle or something XD.
A very interesting story ^^ I liked it!
Hehe glad you did =p Now that I look back at it, I suppose it was worth the ride despite the few readers that read it. After all, it's just part of a bigger storyline, and that is what really matters. Like I mentioned, right now my sole purpose and focus lies in getting my Fic about the Sage of Six Paths done. Thanks for reading through, appreciate it! =)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, I can already tell by that title where this chapter is headed :) Either Demise wasn’t at full strength or his rage is getting the better of him. It’s sucks that Demise battered Revan so badly to the point where he couldn’t really even defend himself. I was happy to read that revan was able to challenge Demise but then very disappointed when he was pierced by Demise’s lightsaber. I was surprised to that Demise began to lose the fight as he was overwhelming but even more so that a portal randomly opened. Glad that Naruto finally remembered everything :) It really sucks that Revan died and so his death took place in this battle and not later on in his life. And I thought Demise was done for good. I suppose Demise’s will is so strong and that that is force that drives him. Demise’s final defeat was pretty humorous and I somehow doubt that was the last of him. It’s kind of odd that now Aragon encounters Naruto and I wonder is the reason will be revealed. I suppose it was just a matter of fate. I see now what was the deal with that monk, so this temple is what houses the Master Sword. And now it’s Aragon’s turn. I didn’t expect this story to end the way that it did but it made complete sense and it was very well done! I also liked the pieces of Star Wars music you chose ;) This story ending with Aragon has me thinking how his story will unfold and I’m looking forward to that one ^^

About your author’s notes:

I see, I thought you’d do a separate story for Aragon like you did Revan but a collage story will definitely be interesting and so I look forward to that ;)

You know I don’t like previews but for you I read it lol

This was well written and I liked the way you wrote it. I was surprised that the fifty plus year old man was Ikari XD And so this says that the Recollection of the Past!! story will also serve as a sequel to The Legendary Sage of Konoha as well :) In short, there’s still much to look forward to ;)

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, I can already tell by that title where this chapter is headed :) Either Demise wasn’t at full strength or his rage is getting the better of him. It’s sucks that Demise battered Revan so badly to the point where he couldn’t really even defend himself. I was happy to read that revan was able to challenge Demise but then very disappointed when he was pierced by Demise’s lightsaber. I was surprised to that Demise began to lose the fight as he was overwhelming but even more so that a portal randomly opened. Glad that Naruto finally remembered everything :) It really sucks that Revan died and so his death took place in this battle and not later on in his life. And I thought Demise was done for good. I suppose Demise’s will is so strong and that that is force that drives him. Demise’s final defeat was pretty humorous and I somehow doubt that was the last of him. It’s kind of odd that now Aragon encounters Naruto and I wonder is the reason will be revealed. I suppose it was just a matter of fate. I see now what was the deal with that monk, so this temple is what houses the Master Sword. And now it’s Aragon’s turn. I didn’t expect this story to end the way that it did but it made complete sense and it was very well done! I also liked the pieces of Star Wars music you chose ;) This story ending with Aragon has me thinking how his story will unfold and I’m looking forward to that one ^^

About your author’s notes:

I see, I thought you’d do a separate story for Aragon like you did Revan but a collage story will definitely be interesting and so I look forward to that ;)

You know I don’t like previews but for you I read it lol

This was well written and I liked the way you wrote it. I was surprised that the fifty plus year old man was Ikari XD And so this says that the Recollection of the Past!! story will also serve as a sequel to The Legendary Sage of Konoha as well :) In short, there’s still much to look forward to ;)
I love your reviews bro! Where have you been before now?! ;) xP
I don't even know what to say... I had some plans for Demise, and if you take a look at the One-Shot The Legend of Link, you can actually see some of what happens afterwards at the beginning of it. So yeah, Demise comes back only to be brought down by Ganondorf of all people.
As for the "after-story" of this chapter, I wrote it in the way I originally had planned, but it is to say that I also had planned to write a separate story for Aragon, so it seems to be a bit miss-leading in a sense. I am trying to make up for it with the Recollection of the Past though, so there's something to look forward to I guess.

As for the rest of your review, I enjoyed reading it. I could have given it the usual "expansion" treatment with a massive reply, but at this stage I'm kind of in a hurry and I'm not sure what else to add to it. But I guess that might be fine for a change, haha.
Glad you've caught up. Only the 4th chapter of the Sage's Tale remains now ;)

Kuroi Honoo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I love your reviews bro! Where have you been before now?! ;) xP
I don't even know what to say... I had some plans for Demise, and if you take a look at the One-Shot The Legend of Link, you can actually see some of what happens afterwards at the beginning of it. So yeah, Demise comes back only to be brought down by Ganondorf of all people.
As for the "after-story" of this chapter, I wrote it in the way I originally had planned, but it is to say that I also had planned to write a separate story for Aragon, so it seems to be a bit miss-leading in a sense. I am trying to make up for it with the Recollection of the Past though, so there's something to look forward to I guess.

As for the rest of your review, I enjoyed reading it. I could have given it the usual "expansion" treatment with a massive reply, but at this stage I'm kind of in a hurry and I'm not sure what else to add to it. But I guess that might be fine for a change, haha.
Glad you've caught up. Only the 4th chapter of the Sage's Tale remains now ;)
Always glad to hear that you love my reviews and a hilarious remark btw XD

Okay I see and of course I wouldn't have remembered about demise's brief return if not for you mentioning it-my memory is the worst!

That’s alright, I more or less got everything only that I might forget some things here and there that I should remember lol

As always I thank you for your compliment and yes, I;ve finally caught up! So happy to be up to date with your series and hopefully it stays that way =D

Reactions: Michael92