Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even after Zuko became Firelord, in the Avatar manga, Toph implied that he added even more soldiers to the Fire Nation army despite the war being over ( ). Uncle Iroh once said that the Fire Nation is all about pride so I'm thinking that even in times of peace, they have been steadily buffing their military strength and technology.

Meanwhile, Republic City's military was shown to be weak considering they were getting destroyed by Amon's Equalists. Later on Republic City had some problems with spirits which while resolved, would have caused a lot of disturbance even for its security forces and a lot of the city's population may have migrated elsewhere. Furthermore, Unalaq also ended up doing considerable damage to Republic City. Not only that, but President Raiko decided against sending troops to help the Southern Water Tribe and instead decided to keep troops in Republic City for self defence. He is definitely going to do the same in this season as he is a stubborn man that doesn't listen even though he could have prevented Unalaq from even fusing with Vaatu in the first place.

The Water tribes were at war just three years ago and regardless, are hardly a force in comparison to the Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom or the United Republic. The Air Nomads are a force consisting of only a few dozen benders, they aren't even nearly as powerful as either Water Tribe and can not stand up to Kuvira's Army.

Zaofu is now under attack and the city will obviously be overrun due to lacking a strong population to defend against Kuvira's military assault when her army consists of soldiers from all around the continent. Keep in mind that the Red Lotus gave Zaofu a decent fight despite being a very small group.

We haven't seen much from the Fire Nation in all of Legend of Korra so I'm sure they are finally going to take a pivotal role in the story now that Zuko's daughter, the new Fire Lord, .

Europa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One can only hope so. It's barely done anything on the fire nation. I'd be okay with that, seeing how it dominated everything in the last series. But after three seasons we should see something from them.