Thor

Elite
Kin
91💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guess you have to ask V... Wait, he's not been active since 2021 :lok::headdesk::ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

True lol.
Lol V never listens, off course he had his reasons but still why xenforo over VB ? :D

I'm just mad about the deleted VMs. And groups. And profile customizations. And rep system. And the ranks. And.. everything, actually.
Ha ha ha truee

Thor

Elite
Kin
91💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From what I recall though Vbulletin was discontinued/not updated to work properly/not able to handle the data anymore, or something. I think Zise explained it once.
I don't think so, VBulletin still in business and keeps updating. I have its multiple licenses, so I know.
Well I am pretty sure there must be a strong reason.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello,
So what happened anyone know when the downfall of this site started ?
Naruto ended. OPB was in 2012. They did cause a damage to community but other major problem was google removing NB from the google search around the same time.

Afterwards NB did another experiment a few years ago... for some strange reason whenever V collaborates with someone they get the idea NB should just pack up and hand over the community to them. We lost some more people and even staff - a second time.. Anyway. V had his own ideas what he wanted with NB.

Last 2-3 years corona situation got him busier in RL than ever before. Unless he gets involved and tries something else it's harder. Specially since most people we had were manga readers and we do not host them anymore. Manga had to be removed to get back on Google.

Reactions: Michael92

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol V never listens, off course he had his reasons but still why xenforo over VB ? :D

Ha ha ha truee
Software needed updation. V tried to move to latest Vb first. but the data base of NB was too big and it failed to transfer properly. Then he tried Xenforo. He still had to let go of the VMs and community sections for groups because Xenforo didn't support those features and had different set up.

( I feel he might have tried for Vb harder but there were other partners who might have also influenced his decisions after initial attempts to move didn't work. Happens.) I myself miss Vb features that we lost... All my VMs and group posts... Some members used to participate just there.

• Sad
Reactions: Michael92