Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A first-time author has been dropped by her U.S. publisher and her agent after readers and fellow authors accused her of posting fake negative reviews to a popular book recommendation website.

Many within the book community last week appeared to publicly turn against Cait Corrain, the author of the coming sci-fi fantasy novel "Crown of Starlight," after allegations surfaced that she made fake accounts on the Amazon-owned book review platform Goodreads to post negative user reviews online about fellow authors — a practice known as review-bombing.......
Del Rey Books, owned by Penguin Random House, said Monday that it was "aware of the ongoing discussion" around Corrain, who goes by she/they pronouns, and that her book, originally scheduled for publication on May 14, is no longer on its 2024 publishing schedule.
Corrain's book agent, Rebecca Podos, also said she has cut ties with Corrain.....
..Late Monday night, Corrain posted a on X, later of screenshots capturing the alleged fake reviews and a now-deleted X post from Corrain.
Bethany Baptiste was among the authors who appeared to be targets of the review-bombing. She did not immediately respond to a request for comment. In a about Podos' dropping Corrain, she said that "it's good to see Cait face the consequences of her own actions."
However, she added: "There was plenty of time for a private apology to be issued before a public announcement. I've spent days defending my name & reputation while Cait had the privilege to hide. Dropping her doesn't absolve you."
Corrain faced other professional repercussions in the days since the accusations surfaced.
Talk about stupid... It's something we used to see on some fanfiction sites, not by actual professional authors...

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,426💸
Kumi
666💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Awards
IDEMO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRANCE FAMILY THIS IS SPECIAL TRIBUTE REMIX THAT I MADE JUST FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REST IN PEACE CHESTER, TRANCE FAMILY LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TRY SO HARD AND GET SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER!!!!!!!!!!
You must be registered for see medias
Post automatically merged:

TRANCE FAMILY, REMEMBER, WE ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,426💸
Kumi
666💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Awards
Dame tu mano