Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alot of people say it's the pacing but I think it's the character writing and story arcs that haven't been doing a good job in generating interest.

The new author relies on cheap things like power ups to generate interest part 1 naruto was great because character writing and story arcs are great probably the beginning of naruto is the best of its story writing.

The new characters theres not much to care about and I'm more so at this point interested in the world building of the series than the characters. I think in many ways the series relies on the success of naruto and power ups then focusing on writing something that will care about.

In the beginning I was hyped with the intro of kara and ao and new mystery and threats in the series which are all pretty much revealed in the beginning
And naruto has always had an issue of focusing on character development of the main characters others suffer for it. I was hyped for konohamaru as captain he has been ignored and lost opportunity to show his growth over the years. Even sasuke and naruto feel like prop characters for the new series.

I would even be surprised of the oversexualization of sarada was intentional to generate interest that tells you this new author has no real interest in writing a serious sequel to the series.

I'm sure fighting wise we will get hype moments but not character about these new characters as much as the old ones for this reason.

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the way the story is portrayed is caused by them not wanting the series to drag on long as the original. Plus we have too much info to deliver it as you would a brand new series.
At least karma is a plot point and not just a cool looking transformation.

Reactions: Sagebee

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the way the story is portrayed is caused by them not wanting the series to drag on long as the original. Plus we have too much info to deliver it as you would a brand new series.
At least karma is a plot point and not just a cool looking transformation.
Sure it is, the plot point became illogical when Burrito delivered the rasengan that gave it to him. It was a poorly constructed plot point, imo.

Reactions: Sagebee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sure it is, the plot point became illogical when Burrito delivered the rasengan that gave it to him. It was a poorly constructed plot point, imo.
Me I'm okay with that moment even tho it's completely to put a kid in harm's way like that.

But shoehorning the new gen to fight all the big threats to make the old gen look incompetent annoys me the most.