The best Flash-Forward

...?

• I can think up a better one (Comment in thread below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To get the audience hyped, Naruto Shippuden and Boruto both had prologues that showed an event in the future.

Shippuden: Running feet down labyrinth mazes in Oro's lair. Naruto runs outside to find Sakura, staring face to face with Sasuke. They finally found him.

You must be registered for see images

Storm 2: Starts Shippuden by cutting to the Pain Invasion Arc. Sakura calls for Naruto in a destroyed Konoha, SM Naruto appears.

Boruto: Boruto is shown trying to talk sense into a mysterious new enemy in the ruins of Konoha.

Which one does the best job of creating mystery and setting the tone?

Last edited:

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Storm 2 had the right idea. Imagine if Naruto Shippuden had started out like that rather than the whole Sasuke thing....which, honestly, while fairly impressive still, doesn't seem like hte best point to flash forward if you're gonna try and create tension and mystery.

Another good idea would be to flash forward to the final battle of Naruto and Sasuke about to start, just them staring each other down and then doing that clash thing with their forearms before going back.

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Storm 2 had the right idea. Imagine if Naruto Shippuden had started out like that rather than the whole Sasuke thing....which, honestly, while fairly impressive still, doesn't seem like hte best point to flash forward if you're gonna try and create tension and mystery.

Another good idea would be to flash forward to the final battle of Naruto and Sasuke about to start, just them staring each other down and then doing that clash thing with their forearms before going back.
I idsagree personally, I think it sets the tone for Shippuden. Which is more about fixing team 7 than 'omg naruto is gonna get god tier'

Plus the atmosphere and direction in that prologue is insane, it gives you exactly what you wanted in Oro's lair after years of Part 1 Filler all being about hunting down Orochimaru & Sasuke.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I idsagree personally, I think it sets the tone for Shippuden. Which is more about fixing team 7 than 'omg naruto is gonna get god tier'

Plus the atmosphere and direction in that prologue is insane, it gives you exactly what you wanted in Oro's lair after years of Part 1 Filler all being about hunting down Orochimaru & Sasuke.
It does fit the tone, but it doesn't leave much in the way of speculation and mystery. Its just them meeting Sasuke. Its a long expected moment, but it doesn't leave much to the imagination. It would've never caused the same uproar Boruto did, or Shippuden itself would have had it done the same as Storm 2.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Storm 2's opening works thematically too, it sets the stage by saying: How could this happen in the NV? Instantly putting the audience on Naruto's messiah team, now that they know that the NV NEEDS peace, otherwise disasters like this will happen.

Plus Naruto appearing with the robes and toads is just insanely cool. Tells the audience that this will be a very different series and a different Naruto.

The Kawaki prologue is...bland.

Last edited: