Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you for agreeing to oversee my training in Ink Ninjutsu, @Mirai. I really appreciate the opportunity. I'm actually somewhat excited for this, albeit a bit nervous since I'm not exactly all too well versed on this particular ninjutsu relative to the verse, but I suppose that's the point of this after all. ✌

As always I'm open to doing this via roleplay or OOC; I'm totally fine with either or even a loose combination of the two, interchanged at your discretion, so it's whatever works best for you. I look forward to our training. 🙏

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We'll take this to a mix of both; you start us off @Red-Robin
Alright. I'm assuming you're intending that we start off in the RP format, so I'll work from that then.

Several hours had passed since the dawn had broke over the horizon, spawning the new day. No sooner than the light of day had taken root in the sky and broke through the messy drapes of the rundown shack tucked atop a nearby hill in the bordering woods of the local village, a young girl had seemingly awaited the glimmer of sunlight; immediately tossing her "blankets" off of her person and into the air as she sprung to her feet and began to stretch. She let out a lengthy groan through her attempts to pull away the stiffness of her joints, having slept on little more than a bed of hay straw and loose clippings of fabric. As far as any casual deduction that can be made, it seemed the girl lived in a state of poverty...

Slipping one foot at a time into her leather-bottomed shoes, she casually made for the door, only to stop shy of it to spot her reflection in a mirror beside her. She blinked at it, giving herself a onceover in an inspecting manner. A mess of short blond hair, sandy, glossy eyes, generous helpings of ink stains across her cheeks and down her neck.. What a mess. She let out a long, dramatized sigh as she stumbled around, tossing about loose fabrics that were some combination of clothing and simple cloths, wood panels that all seemed to have the makings of sketches
You must be registered for see images
upon them, even wooden dishes such as bowls, cups and plates. Finally she'd collect a comb, albeit one that was missing more than a few bristles before approaching the mirror, quickly pushing it over her hair with the guiding directive of her offhand pushing her fingers through the locks firstly, as to separate any needless clumps to make the passing of the comb easier.

As a final means of preparing, she'd kick out the door, peering at a nearby bucket that was arranged a pace away from the door. Approaching it, she noted that it had been filled with fresh rain water, hinted at the dampness of the air and the ground beneath her feet. She took in a deep breath before crouching in front of it, tucking her hands across the surface of the cool water and lifting it to splash generously across her face; rubbing, scrubbing, then a final splash of the cold water. Retreating back inside, she rounded up a cloth to pass over her face, dabbing her features dry before approaching the mirror once again, as though to inspect the results of her efforts. While she still looked rather gruff, her hair was at least flattened in place and her face clean, which was good enough for now. After all, she had no time to waste, as she meant to find someone in the village today.

Rushing out the door once again, the young girl puffed out her chest as she took in a sharp breath, holding it a moment, before letting it out in a drafty exhale. She peered off into the distance, marking her destination as she began to make her descent of the hill and her approach of the village. "Alright, Arte.. Not everyday a Sage makes the rounds to just any village. Don't screw it up girl..." She buzzed to herself, entering the borders of the village by crossing it's front gates, exploring around in an effort to find this particular individual.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Hokusai was on her usual trips across the country; spreading her ever growing love for the arts. On this particular trip, she decided to stop in a small village; one rumored to have some of the finest dances in the world. She reared her pretty little head as she approached the village outskirts not too long ago, with news of her arrival spreading quickly. Many had come to witness her live art performances, but many didn’t understand it well enough to truly appreciate it. She also heard of a particular girl whose been recently studying the art of ink ninjutsu. It was almost as if faith brought her here, another student to teach in the arts she truly loved. “Haha come one come all, Hokusai is here to wonder you all!” she danced around with the towns folks as her creations matched the rhythm of the music as she twirled around. However her attention was turned towards an individual approaching not too far away from her.

And so the stars have finally aligned” she said stopping her movement and approaching the girl. “And you might be…Arte? I’ve heard about you from the others, you seek the tutelage of the Sage of Artistry hmm? Then tell me, what do you understand about art, what makes it special and more importantly, why pick Ink Ninjutsu in particular. There’s various other mediums such a music and clay molding, yet you decided to pick up an ink brush and become an ink ninjutsu apprentice, hmm?” she said with a coy tone.

She was interested in her potential new student’s ambition

Alright, welcome to Ink Ninjutsu training with me, Mirai. I know a lot of naysayers will tell you “ink is trash, its just black water” but they can suck salt for all I care! Anyways before we proceed any much further I want you to explain to me what you know , understand and don’t understand about ink ninjutsu, Gimme a mini thesis as to you know about it and how it works etc etc.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hokusai was on her usual trips across the country; spreading her ever growing love for the arts. On this particular trip, she decided to stop in a small village; one rumored to have some of the finest dances in the world. She reared her pretty little head as she approached the village outskirts not too long ago, with news of her arrival spreading quickly. Many had come to witness her live art performances, but many didn’t understand it well enough to truly appreciate it. She also heard of a particular girl whose been recently studying the art of ink ninjutsu. It was almost as if faith brought her here, another student to teach in the arts she truly loved. “Haha come one come all, Hokusai is here to wonder you all!” she danced around with the towns folks as her creations matched the rhythm of the music as she twirled around. However her attention was turned towards an individual approaching not too far away from her.

And so the stars have finally aligned” she said stopping her movement and approaching the girl. “And you might be…Arte? I’ve heard about you from the others, you seek the tutelage of the Sage of Artistry hmm? Then tell me, what do you understand about art, what makes it special and more importantly, why pick Ink Ninjutsu in particular. There’s various other mediums such a music and clay molding, yet you decided to pick up an ink brush and become an ink ninjutsu apprentice, hmm?” she said with a coy tone.

She was interested in her potential new student’s ambition

Alright, welcome to Ink Ninjutsu training with me, Mirai. I know a lot of naysayers will tell you “ink is trash, its just black water” but they can suck salt for all I care! Anyways before we proceed any much further I want you to explain to me what you know , understand and don’t understand about ink ninjutsu, Gimme a mini thesis as to you know about it and how it works etc etc.
After having explored the outside-edge of the village and it's streets, skimming from one stall to another and peering into the occasional food cart in little more than an inspective manner, drawn only by the curiosity of identifying whatever her senses may have been attracted to at the time, Arte had begun to hear the gatherings of a steady crowd not far off. Blinking with intrigue, the young girl quickly shuffled from one street to the next, splitting the difference between them by slipping through narrow alleyways and tucking between buildings before she'd finally spot the swelling crowd, only to hear the beckoning call of a woman at it's center: "Come one come all, Hokusai is here to wonder you all!" It was her..! The Sage she
had been looking for. That was, just prior to her explorative distractions when she decided to indulge in a moment of sightseeing.

Arte stood at the edge of the crowd, propping herself along the tips of her toes as she attempted to peer past the heads and shoulders of the gathering folk. She let out an irritated huff, realizing that little would work in her favor from this position. With little modesty, she slowly tucked up her sleeves in something of a rather unnecessary gesture before she began to bulldoze herself between bodies; prying past their shoulders with a wiggle of her fingers and feet into place in an effort to give herself an advantage to avoid being pushed out or away, slipping through one small layer of flesh-walls at a time. "Flesh-walls".. Hm. A description she didn't give a lot of thought to, nor did she particularly care to revisit it.

Finally, at long last, she had managed to "pop" out onto the other side of the crowd; a heavy gasp escaping her in a dramatization resembling having just surfaced from a body of water she had been in for some time. Just in the nick of time, she had "surfaced" at the front row to witness the gliding imagery coasting across the air in a seamless dance of black strokes that left little to the imagination with their generous detail and realistic curves, yet still left one dumbstruck by an overwhelming fantastical awe.

"And you might be.. Arte?" Suddenly the girl's eyes dropped from peering into the sky to matching the reflective gaze of the individual now standing directly in front of her. She blinked; once, then again. She'd peer left, then right, where the crowd had seemingly shuffled a foot or two away from her, as if emphasizing her having been singled -quite literally- out of a crowd. She returned her attention forward as a sudden heaviness washed over her. She pointed a shaky finger at herself as a bead of sweat tossed down her brow and temple. "u-Uh.. m-Me, Mademoiselle..?" She felt like a hot mess. She sounded the part too.. Every word a stumbling disaster as she was very clearly called by name, only to be continuously addressed in a run-on of having known of her desire to learn ink ninjutsu well before she had ever even considered introductions. Was this simply the informative nature of a Sage..? She had "heard" from the "others"? Were they.. glorified stalkers, or Assassinos..?!
..Surely not.

Arte had idled a moment as she was swamped with a sudden series of questions; or rather, one defining question of why she wanted to learn ink ninjutsu in particular, that had taken the shape of several branching curiosities, all of which could be answered with one coherent answer. She didn't need to think for very long before the reality struck her all over again. "i-I want to make love!" The girl blurted out without much thought. An awkward silence had practically beveled around her as she had seemingly struck out so passionately with her answer, only for her oceanic blue irises to slowly darken as her features seemed to invert into a 2-D world. She had realized the context-less implication of her words, and she wanted to crack and fall apart like a poorly primed painting right now...

"w-Wait.. let me elaborate.. What I mean is.. uhm.." This was it. You did it, Arte. You did the thing you told yourself not to do. You screwed it up, girl... But she was already this deep into the situation now. The best she could do is hope for a steady recovery and try to explain herself out of this one to the best of her abilities. After all, she didn't necessarily misspeak; quite on the contrary, in fact. She just had a poor choice of words for such a lack of explanation. ".. I have been drawing all my life. Calligraphy, shūji, landscape paints.. These are all things that I've had a deep passion for, for a very, very long time. But.. nay, they are not just a simple passion. For me, becoming an artisan isn’t a goal. It’s a means to an end. In reality, I did understand; ”I love drawing.” I didn’t get this far on just that one neat and tidy emotion. I was frustrated.. Even angry. That’s what drove me to act as I have. I know just how hard it is for someone to make a living in this world. That is why.. Because all I have is art.. Rather than living in a birdcage, even if it means I’ll die by the side of the road somewhere, I want to learn and find a path that lets me live through my own power. Only recently had I found myself capable of the manipulation of chakra in any coherent manner, so of course I began to think: What if this was a thing; art and chakra together..?" She was quite expressive in her rather winded elaboration; gesturing her hands in one direction or another, but always bringing them back to something of a respected folded state directly in front of her, her thumbs occasionally pressing together in something of a light twirling as she'd peer down
toward them in an effort to keep herself collected long enough to get out her thoughts coherently. ".. So of course, I studied the subject, at least a little. I learned of the Kekkei Genkai Sumiton, it's development by the Shinobi of the Gufūgakure long ago, how the style has seemingly gone unnoticed on the stage of the world. Your name came up quite often, of course. You could say that you were something of an inspiration.."

A subtle moment of silence caught the air surrounding Arte as she had lowered her visage with closed eyes, only to suddenly sling her focus upward once again, meeting the eyes of the Sage before her with a curious resolve. "When I see the sort of joy that the creations of the artistic world bring to those around it: Both to the artist and the onlookers, eagerly peering through the eyes of another in a way that most would never had thought possible.. Any true artist pours their heart into their creation! That heart brings great joy, and love to many; both wonderous and tragic.. So, when you ask me "why ink specifically," Mademoiselle.. Well, it is simply because I believe that no amount of passion and love can ever be without translation when at the edge of a brush."

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
The Sage continued to dance around and twirl towards her hearts content; listening attentively as Arte spoke. Her humming and rather unique motions slowly faded, as she did one final spin on the heels of her feet and bowed to the crowd. As they started to clap, she simple fixed her posture to now meet with the gaze of Arte, a smile on her face. “Excellent answer, that’s the kind of spirit I expected from a fellow artist!” she said. Slowly the crowd started to disappear, until it was really only the two of them. “You mention my name gets called up a few times, but honestly I might have not been me” she said in a rather confusing way. She tapped her cheek a bit and simply shrugged as she doesn’t really recall these people Arte mentioned. “In truth, my father is the true Hokusai Katsushika everyone admires, I’m simply his daughter and true successor. I’m also his understudy, by the time I was nine years old, I was almost as good as my old man but in truth, any works of art under the name Hokusai can either be by me or him. I simply keep using it to represent the legacy we built together as father and daughter” she said looking up to the sky. Her father was already long gone, but she never felt alone, his blood and skill flowed through her veins and she truly made him proud.

Oh well, my name is Oui Katsushika, the Sage of Artistry. I came at the request of the village to do some performances, but I was told there was a woman here who was pretty much the peak of amazing art in this village. They gave me a name and a brief description of your appearance…but that’s not what made me notice” she said approaching Arte and grabbing her hands. “Your hands, this is what told me” she said smiling. “However don’t sweat the details, I’ve already made up my mind on taking you underneath my wing! If you’ve proven yourself even by the end of this all, I’ll even share of some of my own personal techniques with you my dear” she said smiling as she inhaled and exhaled. Hokusai’s mastery of ink has reached the point of her body now naturally being able to produce ink. As she spews it out, she made the required seals and formed it into a dragon capable of fitting both the girls onto it. “Next stop, training!” she said as the creation flew them off into the distance and out to the hillsides where she already had her training gear ready.

No need to worry about material, I’ve got plenty to spare haha” she said as they approached the training site. “No room for slack today, grip a brush and let’s get started shall we?” she instructed to Arte.

Type: Supplementary, Offensive, Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 10 - 40 (-5 per turn)
Damage: 10 - 80
Description: Usually used as a means for teaching others how to paint with ink, Painting Summer allows the user to manipulate their ink in various forms for different reasons such as demonstrating the applications of the ninjutsu. The range of this technique starts from short range as usual, painting the work of art into life such as furniture to sit on due to ink techniques having been known to sustain themselves, small animals for entertainment etc. The vast possibilities are endless, leaving it up to the user’s own imagination. These creations can be no bigger than five meters in height. These creations can be formed for combative purposes if the user needs this, now dealing damage in accordance to it's rank. A rank usage has a limit of thrice per battle while S rank is twice per battle however the former leaves the user unable to use ink based techniques above S rank in the same and next turn while the latter prevents use of ink based techniques above A rank for the same and next turn. A rank has a cooldown of one turn while S has two turns after use. Though this technique can be used with no damaging properties simply for cosmetic use. This is considered freeform and doesn't count as a move. B rank needs a single hand seal, A rank needs two while S rank needs three.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Sage continued to dance around and twirl towards her hearts content; listening attentively as Arte spoke. Her humming and rather unique motions slowly faded, as she did one final spin on the heels of her feet and bowed to the crowd. As they started to clap, she simple fixed her posture to now meet with the gaze of Arte, a smile on her face. “Excellent answer, that’s the kind of spirit I expected from a fellow artist!” she said. Slowly the crowd started to disappear, until it was really only the two of them. “You mention my name gets called up a few times, but honestly I might have not been me” she said in a rather confusing way. She tapped her cheek a bit and simply shrugged as she doesn’t really recall these people Arte mentioned. “In truth, my father is the true Hokusai Katsushika everyone admires, I’m simply his daughter and true successor. I’m also his understudy, by the time I was nine years old, I was almost as good as my old man but in truth, any works of art under the name Hokusai can either be by me or him. I simply keep using it to represent the legacy we built together as father and daughter” she said looking up to the sky. Her father was already long gone, but she never felt alone, his blood and skill flowed through her veins and she truly made him proud.

Oh well, my name is Oui Katsushika, the Sage of Artistry. I came at the request of the village to do some performances, but I was told there was a woman here who was pretty much the peak of amazing art in this village. They gave me a name and a brief description of your appearance…but that’s not what made me notice” she said approaching Arte and grabbing her hands. “Your hands, this is what told me” she said smiling. “However don’t sweat the details, I’ve already made up my mind on taking you underneath my wing! If you’ve proven yourself even by the end of this all, I’ll even share of some of my own personal techniques with you my dear” she said smiling as she inhaled and exhaled. Hokusai’s mastery of ink has reached the point of her body now naturally being able to produce ink. As she spews it out, she made the required seals and formed it into a dragon capable of fitting both the girls onto it. “Next stop, training!” she said as the creation flew them off into the distance and out to the hillsides where she already had her training gear ready.

No need to worry about material, I’ve got plenty to spare haha” she said as they approached the training site. “No room for slack today, grip a brush and let’s get started shall we?” she instructed to Arte.

Type: Supplementary, Offensive, Defensive
Chakra: 10 - 40 (-5 per turn)
Damage: 10 - 80
Description: Usually used as a means for teaching others how to paint with ink, Painting Summer allows the user to manipulate their ink in various forms for different reasons such as demonstrating the applications of the ninjutsu. The range of this technique starts from short range as usual, painting the work of art into life such as furniture to sit on due to ink techniques having been known to sustain themselves, small animals for entertainment etc. The vast possibilities are endless, leaving it up to the user’s own imagination. These creations can be no bigger than five meters in height. These creations can be formed for combative purposes if the user needs this, now dealing damage in accordance to it's rank. A rank usage has a limit of thrice per battle while S rank is twice per battle however the former leaves the user unable to use ink based techniques above S rank in the same and next turn while the latter prevents use of ink based techniques above A rank for the same and next turn. A rank has a cooldown of one turn while S has two turns after use. Though this technique can be used with no damaging properties simply for cosmetic use. This is considered freeform and doesn't count as a move. B rank needs a single hand seal, A rank needs two while S rank needs three.

Arte had listened carefully to the Sage before her speak of her family and the legacy not only inherited, but also developed upon in her short time as well. It was somewhat enchanting, as all she could do was consider her own possible future in the same position.. was it even possible? Did she even care for such a thing? Truthfully, all she really wanted was a steady life that she could manage to provide for herself to would allow her the freedom to paint without consequence.

Arte watched as Katsushika abruptly approached her and took hold of her hands, of which stirred a blush of surprise across her pale features. She blinked rapidly as she watched the woman turn her hands over as though to present something with a point to be made. Her.. hands..? They were full of calluses and darkened creases that had shaped to her hands from the holding of various brushes and other tools, like the grip of a handle to a sanding scrub used for priming wooden canvases. Perhaps that is what she meant. That she could see Arte's dedication in the signs of ware in her very hands. She had expected to see Katsushika's own hands in the process, as if to compare, yet she was too little, too late as the woman stepped away with an exclamation of training. Arte hadn't realized she was already accepted; in fact she didn't even really feel like she had much of an "opportunity" to try and convince the woman to train her. She had worked up a grand speech, resume, portfolio and everything.. But, there was certainly nothing wrong with it. This was in fact easier, and farbeit for her to complain.

Carefully Arte watched as the woman stepped away from her, only to suddenly conjure forth a sizeable beast from her own ink, of which she had seemingly spewed out of undisclosed places.. While Arte was fixed on examining the beast, she had missed being reeled up onto the top of the beast, of which she let out a curious sound that somewhat resembled a squeak as the beast took off and began to fly them away from the village. Once they had arrived in what seemed like record time, she dismounted the beast, slowly pushing her hands through her now once again messy hair in a hopeless effort to try and tame it all over again. She stepped forward into the hillside clearing that she had been taken to, observing the line of tools and equipment that she was no doubt expected to use. Turning an eye to Katsushika, whom had insisted she take a brush, Arte did just that. Approaching a table, she lightly skimmed through the variety of different brushes and tools before taking one up and holding it to the light overhead, peering through it's bristles, thumbing a gentle stroke across it's top before lowering it in front of her, once again eyeing her newfound mentor. "Well, what should I draw then?"

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Hmm…let’s start with a self-image” she said; turning towards the canvas behind her. Immediately has Hokusai said this, she dipped her ink brush into a pot near her and started to weave the ink. A skill she developed on her own, not needing an actual canvas anymore but simply to demonstrate for her rather newer student. “This technique is pretty simple, you will start by drawing a picture of yourself, but as you do I would like you to pour some of your chakra into the ink brush. As you do this, the chakra will flow into the ink present on your brush and as you finish drawing, I want you to literally lift the ink off the paper while keeping the product intact. This will produce an ink clone of yourself, though its really quite an inferior technique…considering it can only utilize ink ninjutsu. It’s pretty niche if you ask me, but its part of the ink training curriculum, so let’s see what you can do!” she said finishing the painting of herself as the image popped off the page and into an image of herself.

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user creates a clone made of ink that takes the appearance of the user. This clone can only use Ink Ninjutsu up to A rank.

Alright time for some OOC stuff, tell me what you think about this technique in your own words. Pros, Cons, anything really. Afterwards I’ll put my own input into it.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmm…let’s start with a self-image” she said; turning towards the canvas behind her. Immediately has Hokusai said this, she dipped her ink brush into a pot near her and started to weave the ink. A skill she developed on her own, not needing an actual canvas anymore but simply to demonstrate for her rather newer student. “This technique is pretty simple, you will start by drawing a picture of yourself, but as you do I would like you to pour some of your chakra into the ink brush. As you do this, the chakra will flow into the ink present on your brush and as you finish drawing, I want you to literally lift the ink off the paper while keeping the product intact. This will produce an ink clone of yourself, though its really quite an inferior technique…considering it can only utilize ink ninjutsu. It’s pretty niche if you ask me, but its part of the ink training curriculum, so let’s see what you can do!” she said finishing the painting of herself as the image popped off the page and into an image of herself.

Description: The user creates a clone made of ink that takes the appearance of the user. This clone can only use Ink Ninjutsu up to A rank.

Alright time for some OOC stuff, tell me what you think about this technique in your own words. Pros, Cons, anything really. Afterwards I’ll put my own input into it.
"Self-portrait, huh..? I suppose it's only right we start out with the basics." Arte hummed somewhat to herself, pondering the actual basics of everyday art. She recalled back to a tutor she once had, hired on at the behest of her father to help hone her fascination for the creative arts when she was much younger. Self portraits were among the first forms of lesson when it came to image projection from ones own imagination, as the image of self is seen as not only the most repetitious and thus the easiest to call to mind, but it is also the most critical. What one draws or paints when thinking of oneself may not always be perfectly accurate to life, yet instead is believed to reflect the true, unfiltered perception that one has of themselves. Something that things such as still-life pieces mean to show the opposite of.

Given her experience with such a form of art, Arte had no issue recreating the same fluid motions that were demonstrated to her; the dip of the brush with smooth transition onto the canvas before her. Each stroke was meticulous and steady, as though rehearsed time and time before. The final image that was projected depicted her with far longer hair than she currently had, perhaps a reflection of herself before a time she had cut it to the shorter style it was now. She seemed to do so subconsciously, as she didn't seem to notice, at least she did not draw attention to it herself. Of course, throughout the entire process, she had managed to induct her chakra into the ink as previously instructed. Once she finished, the image cleanly popped from the canvas, swirling to life before standing before her in a surprisingly animated shape. With a wide smile, Arte stared at it for a time. "This was truly all that was needed? The application of chakra during the creative process? I cannot believe I did not think of it sooner..."

Truthfully, despite it's limitation to Ink Ninjutsu strictly, which isn't unusual for elemental-specific clones such as the water and earth counterparts, I find that it's somewhat pleasantly surprising that a C-rank clone technique is capable of controlling up to A-rank techniques with no other specific limitation mentioned outside of this, while most of it's counterparts are generally only capable of utilizing techniques of not only the same element as itself, but also only up to it's specific rank.

Considering some other clones describe distance limitations from the user, such as water clones, the fact that this one does not is nice. I imagine this one also has the means of reverting back into basic ink after it has been defeated, allowing for it to be utilized as a source of ink for other techniques, no?

All and all I'd say there's no specific cons worth mention, apart from the simple facts of what it is: "It's only a C-rank" or "It can only use ink ninjutsu," which seem unfair to classify as "cons" since most, if not all forms of clone suffer similar restrictions. This one at least has the means of using A-rank while being C-rank, which puts it far above it's cousins.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Hokusai watched in awe as her student managed to get a hang of the new technique almost immediately. “Good job, and well yes…it’s as easy as you’ d imagine but in reality its actually a lot harder for some. Placing chakra into another object, that is a skill known as Chakra Flow, one that is primarily used by weapon wielding shinobi. Our weapons of choice as practioneers of the ink ninjutsu are our brushes, ink and scrolls. We aren’t like the others who simply have to learn to flow chakra into a weapon, we must do a bunch of functional things all at once, so don’t take it lightly my child…but alas, you’ve simply proven you have a natural talent for the skill. Now it’s time to hone that skill, so let’s move onto the next skill I have in mind for you” she said weaving her hand.

This causes a spirit, one that cannot be seen by Arte to be summoned from the Pure Land and now inhabits her ink clone, forcefully absorbing her chakra from it and taking command of the ink. It was time for a bit of combat, as the spirit forcefully contorted the ink into the form of a dragon once more. “Now; the next set of techniques I have in mind for you is the creation of anatomy. Start by drawing several of your favored animals, then like before use your chakra to bring them life. Have them behave as though they are realistic like my dragon here…” she said as the dragon flew into the sky, though Arte didn’t need to know it was simply her controlling the ink herself with another entity. “Show me what you got” she said guiding the spirit controlled ink dragon towards her as it dove from above, Hokusai didn’t afford her any warning as well. She needed to make sure her mind was sharp and always thinking several steps ahead. (Spirit is C Ranked).

Type:Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user uses his Ink to draw several animals that can attack, bind, and allow the user to fly. These animals can range from variety but cannot exceed 5 meters in size.
Note: Creates up to 5 animals.

That is true, it does have that one perk to it about it being not defined by its range. Never the less, it's pretty much a watered down Shadow Clone, which is B rank and can use any form of technique you want to utilize, but I'm also sure this one follows the shadow clone rules, so id have to ask just to make sure. Moving on though, tell me about the next technique, what's on your mind about it. It's fairly simple sure but I can tell you it has its uses for sure.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hokusai watched in awe as her student managed to get a hang of the new technique almost immediately. “Good job, and well yes…it’s as easy as you’ d imagine but in reality its actually a lot harder for some. Placing chakra into another object, that is a skill known as Chakra Flow, one that is primarily used by weapon wielding shinobi. Our weapons of choice as practioneers of the ink ninjutsu are our brushes, ink and scrolls. We aren’t like the others who simply have to learn to flow chakra into a weapon, we must do a bunch of functional things all at once, so don’t take it lightly my child…but alas, you’ve simply proven you have a natural talent for the skill. Now it’s time to hone that skill, so let’s move onto the next skill I have in mind for you” she said weaving her hand.

This causes a spirit, one that cannot be seen by Arte to be summoned from the Pure Land and now inhabits her ink clone, forcefully absorbing her chakra from it and taking command of the ink. It was time for a bit of combat, as the spirit forcefully contorted the ink into the form of a dragon once more. “Now; the next set of techniques I have in mind for you is the creation of anatomy. Start by drawing several of your favored animals, then like before use your chakra to bring them life. Have them behave as though they are realistic like my dragon here…” she said as the dragon flew into the sky, though Arte didn’t need to know it was simply her controlling the ink herself with another entity. “Show me what you got” she said guiding the spirit controlled ink dragon towards her as it dove from above, Hokusai didn’t afford her any warning as well. She needed to make sure her mind was sharp and always thinking several steps ahead. (Spirit is C Ranked).

Range: Short-Long
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user uses his Ink to draw several animals that can attack, bind, and allow the user to fly. These animals can range from variety but cannot exceed 5 meters in size.
Note: Creates up to 5 animals.

That is true, it does have that one perk to it about it being not defined by its range. Never the less, it's pretty much a watered down Shadow Clone, which is B rank and can use any form of technique you want to utilize, but I'm also sure this one follows the shadow clone rules, so id have to ask just to make sure. Moving on though, tell me about the next technique, what's on your mind about it. It's fairly simple sure but I can tell you it has its uses for sure.
Without hesitation, Arte had quickly taken to the canvas laid out before her once more, of which she rapidly flicked the edge of her brush across it's canvas in smooth, precise strokes. It seemed as though this sort of pressure was hardly unfamiliar to her. Perhaps she had the suspicion that no real harm would come to her; if not that her mentor would stop the attack short of it's effort to attack her, but she had confidence that, even if she could not manage the ink technique itself to defend herself, then she had other tools at her disposal to accomplish the same. For now, she needed to focus on the particular challenge laid out to her.

As her brush whipped across the canvas, the ink began to take shape and gradually peel away from the image she'd paint. Firstly came a lion; large and proud in it's shape and size. Second came a python; it's "scales" thick and it's body long. Third, a dire wolf with fangs sharp and intense. The fourth and fifth drawings came as a pair of twin hawks, their wingspan alone taking up the generous 5 meter capacity of their size. The five animals rushed to action; one of the hawks plucking the python from the ground and carrying it skyward, the other darting straight into the dragon phantasmal that had been conjured, obstructing the momentum of it's descent a moment long enough for the other hawk to drop the python down against the head of the dragon, to which had coiled itself aggressively around the beast's neck, forcing it to look on in a downward angle by tightly bending at it's neck, forcing it's descent directly into the ground. The moment that it was grounded, the wolf and lion sprung into action, burying their inked fangs into the beast as they began to ensure it remained incapacitated.

Arte let out a faint sigh of relief as she lifted her dominant hand to rub the back of it lightly at her cheek and forehead, of which resulted in a few small smudges of ink to appear across her face, likely to her unawareness. "Well, that was a fun one. I've always loved drawing animals. They rarely sit still long enough to get an accurate drawing, though."

It's a greatly diverse technique from what I can understand. It's limitations are practically nonexistent, aside from the limitation of 5 in quantity and 5 meters in size, but both are rather generous numbers to work with in terms of the imagination. I'd be curious to know if each conjured beast can act independently of the others, and thus are treated as separate attacks (meaning each of the 5 beasts can deal 30 damage), or if, no matter the quantity of attacks made from the various beasts, the damage always and only totals out to 30?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
I agree, but sometimes it’s just as great to imagine things just as they are on their own haha. Now let’s take it up a notch from here. Repeat the same process, but this time increase the amount of chakra you infuse into the ink and damn near double the size of the creations!” she said as she did this on her own; creating a giant octopus like creature from the ink itself. Once the octopus formed, she would control it in order to simply weave around and attempt to smash into Arte with it’s long tentacles. However should she fail to do so, Hokusai would stop it in it’s tracks before any real harm can be done. “It’s as basic as the previous version but of course with more power behind the creations” she commented on it.
Once done, I want you to try this technique out. Simply take the ink, and have it flow out of the ink pot and onto the ground. As you do this, use your chakra to control the ink and seize control of it and turn it into a snake. Have it burrow into the ground and try to constrict me with it” she told Arte.

Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: A more powerful version of Ninja Art Beast Imitation, the user uses his Ink to create significantly larger animals. These animals can reach up to 15 meters in size and range in their selection. The user can create up to 3 gigantic animals.
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will pour Ink onto the ground, and summon several ink snakes to strike from underground and restrain the opponents. Should the opponent prove to be strong enough to break the binds, the snakes can reform around the target, making struggling pointless.

To answer your questions, yes they act independently on their own! However each one doesn’t do 30 each haha, that be too broken. In the roleplay, when a jutsu creates multiple constructs at the same time, the power is divided among each creation. So if you utilize an S Rank but fires off into two different constructs, each one is split into two A ranks, and so forth in multiples of 2, so an S rank divided into 4 constructs is 4 B ranks, if divided into 6 that’s 6 C ranks etc. Now if you go odd numbers it becomes a bit weird ngl but overall creating all 5, you basically have multiple E rank animals lol BUT if you have all of them attack or defend at the same time, its collective rank/damage value is the original rank, which in this would be C – Rank. How this technique is just the enhanced version of it so not much to input here. So decided to post another technique too alongside it. Tell me what you think about it.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree, but sometimes it’s just as great to imagine things just as they are on their own haha. Now let’s take it up a notch from here. Repeat the same process, but this time increase the amount of chakra you infuse into the ink and damn near double the size of the creations!” she said as she did this on her own; creating a giant octopus like creature from the ink itself. Once the octopus formed, she would control it in order to simply weave around and attempt to smash into Arte with it’s long tentacles. However should she fail to do so, Hokusai would stop it in it’s tracks before any real harm can be done. “It’s as basic as the previous version but of course with more power behind the creations” she commented on it.
Once done, I want you to try this technique out. Simply take the ink, and have it flow out of the ink pot and onto the ground. As you do this, use your chakra to control the ink and seize control of it and turn it into a snake. Have it burrow into the ground and try to constrict me with it” she told Arte.

Chakra Cost: 20
Description: A more powerful version of Ninja Art Beast Imitation, the user uses his Ink to create significantly larger animals. These animals can reach up to 15 meters in size and range in their selection. The user can create up to 3 gigantic animals.
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will pour Ink onto the ground, and summon several ink snakes to strike from underground and restrain the opponents. Should the opponent prove to be strong enough to break the binds, the snakes can reform around the target, making struggling pointless.

To answer your questions, yes they act independently on their own! However each one doesn’t do 30 each haha, that be too broken. In the roleplay, when a jutsu creates multiple constructs at the same time, the power is divided among each creation. So if you utilize an S Rank but fires off into two different constructs, each one is split into two A ranks, and so forth in multiples of 2, so an S rank divided into 4 constructs is 4 B ranks, if divided into 6 that’s 6 C ranks etc. Now if you go odd numbers it becomes a bit weird ngl but overall creating all 5, you basically have multiple E rank animals lol BUT if you have all of them attack or defend at the same time, its collective rank/damage value is the original rank, which in this would be C – Rank. How this technique is just the enhanced version of it so not much to input here. So decided to post another technique too alongside it. Tell me what you think about it.
All the while that she listened to Hokusai lay out her following instructions, Arte had already long since begun the drawing process of the animals she wished to. Though, this came in less of an intended means, and more that she simply wanted to draw more. She was an artist at heart, through-'n-through, the use of ink ninjutsu was simply an excuse for her to have the means to do just so and still be able to utilize the drawings for practical purposes, if need be. As she weaved generous amounts of chakra into the creations she were making without much consideration for how much she was using, exactly, she had finished the final touches upon the making of three large jellyfish creations; their lengthy tendrils flowing like smooth strokes of ink of their own that all whipped into action the moment they were created, each moving to wrap around the many tentacles of the giant octopus that her mentor had created to, once again, try to pressure her, each tightening violently around the octopus until it'd inevitably be defeated and reduced to a simple puddle of ink. Ironic..

As this was taking place, Arte had long since begun the process of infusing her chakra into the inkpot that she had in hand, recited to her in the second technique that she was to be taught. She moved to tilt the pot sideward, watching as the black fluid flowed like a waterfall down against the ground, soaking into the soil. Immediately afterward, she imagined the same process she was familiar to in how she'd manipulate her chakra into water in order to control the substance, considering it to be a similar, if not entirely identical process; simply a difference in what liquid substance was being controlled. Steadily, she focused the ink toward her mentor, applying her will and intent into the form of shape manipulation to maneuver the infused ink to surface in the form of several snake-like creations that all began to coil and
constrict around Hokusai's legs from the knees down, one layering over another in a persistent effort to bind her in place.

After a moment, Arte let out a heavy sigh, breaking her concentration so as to release her control over the creations made, resulting in the instability of their forms and falling back into simple ink, releasing Hokusai. Arte moved to sit at her stool once more, lifting a hand to rub lightly along her cheek as she looked skyward. "It feels strange to use my creations in this way.. It's quite neat, and extremely helpful in many ways that I can think of, but it shall certainly require some getting used to."

Not much to say, I suppose. It seems quite self-explanatory in it's function as well it's overall uses. I find it interesting that it specifies "Should the opponent prove to be strong enough to break the binds, the snakes can reform around the target, making struggling pointless", which leads me to believe that it isn't something that someone can simply be removed from, but rather they need to specifically break the technique in some way, such as using a technique to specifically counter it or perhaps attack it with a chakra infused weapon?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Haha believe me, there is more to come in terms of unique usages. I have a few personal made techniques that you’ll come to love, but at a later date. Moving forward, the next technique is a rather tricky one might I add” she said moving towards her and getting to her face. “What a little child you are haha” she said taking some water chakra and creating water in her hand to clean her face off a bit from the ink. “Now then the next technique is similar to what you just practiced but instead of just making it into a simple snake, you can do a lot more now. Try taking the same ink from that snake, and now remold it into something like…a weapon perhaps, maybe into something a lot more unique. Go wild, show me what that amazing mind of yours is capable of” she said patting her head and stepping back.

Once Hokusai did this, she simply observed her student. “I’ll show you another example of this technique in action too once you mastered the art of free form drawing as I call it”.

Precisely, in order to completely rid the technique, you need to literally get rid of the ink. So let’s say you managed to break free from it via taijutsu, unless you actually destroyed it the snake will simply regenerate and attempt to bind you in place again. It’s a pretty niche technique as no one will really allow it to hit em anyways haha. Anyways, newer technique works on the same principle as ink flow but of course a bit more versatile on how it works. Anything comes to mind? Any sort of unique usages you can think of?

Type: Offensive/Supplementary/Defense
Chakra Cost: 25
Description: The user will change the shape of a special ink source to create small weapons like daggers, kunais etc, shields, or pillars made of ink by manipulating the users chakra that is already inside the ink source. The items can also be pre-drawn inside a scroll. The method of manipulating and ink source instead of drawing it out inside a scroll based on "( Ninpu: Sumi Nagashi ) – Ninja Art: Ink Flow" where Sai pours the special ink onto the ground to create snakes without drawing them.
Note: Can be used five times and by Ink users.
Note: The user can only manipulate his own special ink.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry about the wait. It's been a crazy couple weeks. 🙏

Arte had lifted a hand to pinch lightly at her chin in a pensive moment of thought as she took in the instruction that was being provided by Hokusai. Her gaze shifted up in something of a curious uncertainty as she began to hear the woman approach, only to find herself in a momentarily uncomfortable state of closeness that she had not expected. "w-Wha-?!" Her vibrant sapphire irises began to blink rapidly as she tried to lean backward instinctively, yet she could hardly reach far enough back without falling over, allowing for the woman's hands to reach her and began to seemingly rub at her face
with what seemed to be the cool touch of water; something she wasn't expecting at all.. She huffed and puffed in something of a bashful manner all throughout the process, only lifting a hand to rub the back of it lightly at her now clean cheek, wiping away the strange lingering sensation of having someone else touch her face in such a way.

Once she had a moment to calm down, she began to process the next technique that had been instructed to her. The more she heard about the next technique and it's method of application, the more she began to consider it's unique possibilities. It was quite similar to the previous technique as Hokusai mentioned, yet it seemed to stand apart from it in quite a few ways; all good. With intense focus, Arte drew her focus toward the ink that she had previously poured into the ground, the same that had morphed into the snake-like protrusions that she had used to coil around Hokusai's legs previously. First, she began the process of converting the ink's shape through manipulating what remaining chakra was still infused within it into that of the familiar snakes from before, yet instead of targeting Hokusai, they slithered rapidly across the ground toward Arte, where they wrapped around and up her person before gathering at her right arm, where the ink proceeded to reshape itself into that of what appeared to be a gauntlet of sorts, doubling as a shield-like tool that was fixed to her arm. She blinked at it before it began to reshape, molding itself once more in a repeat of the technique's use into that of a large fan, one that would generally be used to generate wind-based techniques as well used in physical engagements. She waved it lightly around in front of her, as though testing out it's weight and balance, all while inspecting it's inked details thoroughly. "Truthfully.. this might be the neatest thing. I may get carried away in using this for superfluous things.. ha." Arte lifted a hand to rub awkwardly at the back of her head as she began to consider all the possible things she'd use this sort of technique for, yet most of them took the form of recreating scenes for painting still-life or motifs; a third dimension projection, something physical and tangible that she could create with ink that would allow her to observe and recreate more accurately than possibly from her own thoughts and imagination when drawing it upon a canvas, purely for artistic purpose.

Nothing particularly unique springs to mind, at least not in any way that I feel would be considered unique. I'm sure this can be utilized for purposes such as position displacement, such as forming a pillar of ink beneath the user in order to throw themselves out of harms way or even toward an opponent to close the gap as necessary for a follow-up attack; something like a springboard. I'm curious, as it is described as being simply the more versatile rendition of the "Ink Flow" technique previously learned, does it still have the same persistent principle as that technique does? Meaning it's required to outright eliminate the ink entirely, rather than just disrupt whatever form it takes?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,353💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Ahaha, all that is a part of being an artist of my love. Art is what you make of it, not everyone will enjoy or understand your personal experience every time” Hokusai responded as she started to draw a little bit more on her sheet of canvas. As the sage started to mind her own business once again, she had forgotten she was in the middle of a lesson after all. “Now then, let’s move onto some other techniques that I had in mind” she said now turning back to Arte. This one was a bit more different from the others, taking more practice into the whole “prepping” art before a battle theme Hokusai managed to perfect with the help of her father. “Now then, this is a bit different from beforehand of course. You will first prep a set of ink tiles similar to what I have drawn here” she said showing her ink tiles and then rolling the scroll closed. “Then you simply toss it or open it to release the tiles and use them to your heart’s content. Of course you can drawn them on the spot but where is the fun in that?” she said to her student.

No it doesn’t have the whole regeneration aspect that ink flow has, it was mostly the whole “I can draw without drawing” aspect that the two share in common. Anyways, yea it’s nothing too special if I’m being completely honest. Oh well, let’s move onto the next technique. Tell me what you think, any questions?

Type: Defense/Supplementary
Range: Mid-Long
Chakra Cost: 50
Description: The user creates 5 large tiles of ink that raise out of the scroll elevating the user. Can be used to catch the user while plummeting from the sky.
Note: Must be drawn or pre-drawn inside a scroll.
Note: Can only be used by Ink users.
Note: Courtesy of Mathias

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arte stood attentively as she watched Hokusai present the scroll riddled with what appeared to be simple black inked boxes drawn into the scroll to her in a displaying manner. Though she could understand the implication of what purpose they were meant to serve at the moment of chakra application, she couldn't help but let out a soft giggle at the images drawn. Not because of how they were drawn, but that such simple geometric shapes would ever serve a purpose like this. If someone had told her a few years ago, "Arte, draw a box and it will come to life and carry you to the heavens!", needless to say she would have been a touch skeptical. Yet knowing what she knows now, she couldn't help but feel an air of excitement to try every little thing she could, no matter how miniscule it was.

Once she was given her instruction, Arte sprung to action as quickly as possible. Unravelling a scroll that was blank that had been provided to her among the items that were prearranged atop the nearby "supply table," she quickly and efficiently began to glide her freshly inked brush across the canvas, drawing several replications of the "tiles" that she had been previously shown. Once finished, she rolled the scroll back up as if to reset the scene back to a baseline where she could properly simulate the technique's usage. In one swift motion, she tossed the scroll, but it was not directly up, but rather in a slight upward arc forward. As the scroll began to unravel, it would release the numerous tiles that she had drawn into it, yet they seemed to formulate a spiraling staircase that swirled higher and higher into the air. Steadily, Arte approached the first tile nearest to the ground, tapping her foot against it as though to test it's durability. Once she had both feet on it and her entire body weight was now applied to it, she confidently began to skip her way up each tile until she finally stood at the highest point with a broad smile as she cast her glacial eyes out across the forest surrounding them. "Woah.. I can see the entire village from earlier! Maestra Hokusai, where is it that you live?" While the question seemed abrupt, it seemed to spawn from her simple excitement for having such an eagle eye's view of her surroundings, her gaze constantly whipping around as she seemingly tried to find any recognizable landmark that she could out of simple entertainment in her effort to find them.

Well.. there really isn't much to say about this one, given its quite minimalistic description and very straightforward functionality. I'd imagine their uses are quite diverse beyond the initial implicated use of being used to save the user from a freefall, or something to that effect, though I'm not entirely sure why it's an A-rank technique, apart from the fact that it can presumably be used for defensive purposes, so that's at least nice.