Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you for agreeing to oversee my training in Fūinjutsu, @Drackos. I really appreciate the opportunity.

It's up to you if you would like to do this via roleplay or OOC; I'm totally fine with either so it's whatever works best for you. I look forward to our training. 🙏

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OOC because the amount of time it would take to roleplay an entire Fuuin training session would be insane, lol. In my training I'll ask you questions and I want you to answer them as best as you can. You don't need to go to ridiculous lengths to fill in the gaps of your knowledge. Just answer them as well as you can and I'll fill in the rest. Many of the techniques in Fuuin we'll see aren't very useful, or some are very useful. Others I'll ask how you'd make customs based on this, or push your knowledge on how you'd use them in a fight. It varies.

But to start out tell me what you know about the six basic components of Fuuinjutsu.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OOC because the amount of time it would take to roleplay an entire Fuuin training session would be insane, lol. In my training I'll ask you questions and I want you to answer them as best as you can. You don't need to go to ridiculous lengths to fill in the gaps of your knowledge. Just answer them as well as you can and I'll fill in the rest. Many of the techniques in Fuuin we'll see aren't very useful, or some are very useful. Others I'll ask how you'd make customs based on this, or push your knowledge on how you'd use them in a fight. It varies.

But to start out tell me what you know about the six basic components of Fuuinjutsu.
Fair enough, totally understandable. I look forward to receiving your mentorship on the subject. 🙏

The six basic components that make up the fundamentals of Fuuinjutsu are as follows:
  • The target of sealing
  • The vessel sealed within
  • The trigger that enacts the sealing process
  • The binding that holds the target
  • Chakra application
  • The seal release, or "Key."
From my understanding, these components are less accurately described as "requirements" and more akin to basic principles that make up the functionality of Fuuinjutsu usage; but can be applied in a variety of ways and in no particular limited manner. The "target" refers to the particular subject intended to be encapsulated within a sealing technique, generally sealed into what is referred to as the "vessel," which is the subject intended to be the container for the target sealed within. Most commonly these vessels are things such as scrolls, books, tattoos and a variety of things similar. Though a vessel is not inherently limited to inanimate objects as, in some instances, even living beings/organisms can be utilized for the purpose of a vessel, particularly by the common example of Naruto being the vessel to the target that is the Kyubi.

A "trigger" refers to a possible event or enacting element that plays a role in the activation of a sealing technique. This generally takes the form of hand seals, chakra manipulation, or time dilation for the purposes of seals activating for a specific time or causation that could generally allow for the seal to be made "primitively" without the need for it's creation on the spot, at least that's my interpretation of a trigger's primary purpose, given that not all seals have need or are required to have a trigger at all.

In the case of a "binding," this is generally the shackling component that manipulates and engages the containment of a target within it's vessel, often times taking the shape of things such as unique kanji formations, sometimes hand seals and other things that can be formulated in precise measures to "reduce" a target to a malleable state capable of being sealed away within a vessel. Unlike a trigger, this particular principle of Fuuinjutsu is considered critical and necessary in the creation of a successful sealing technique.

When referring to a "key" for a seal, this generally is addressing a command that is intended to act as a releasing mechanism to unbind a target from it's sealing vessel and allow for it to be released. Like a trigger, this component isn't intrinsically required for a seal to function properly, but it is commonly utilized for the purpose of redistributing sealed substances or objects in general in a controlled fashion, manipulated by the user of the seal. These release commands are, more often than not, generally just a particular series of hand seals made specifically for the seal itself, but otherwise can be things such as genetic recognition, such as blood or, I'd imagine, possibly even things like specific fingerprints.

And then of course the application of chakra is required to tie together all of these fundamental components in order to not only create a seal, but also to effectively maintain it as well. If I'm not mistaken, this chakra can be drawn from virtually any source so long as the quantity of the chakra is sufficient, though often times from where the chakra is drawn is dependent on the intent of the sealing procedure. As an example given in the Fuuinjutsu breakdown thread, in cases of the sealing of the tailed beasts into their vessels, or hosts, it is the host that exerts the necessary chakra to manage and maintain the seal, instead of the one actually casting the seal themselves.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good. Better than good, in fact. Now explain some basic Fuuin rules to me - this is more for fighting in the RP than anything else. And for your customs. How does the quantity of chakra in a Fuuinjutsu technique interact with the quantity of chakra in the target of your seal?

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good. Better than good, in fact. Now explain some basic Fuuin rules to me - this is more for fighting in the RP than anything else. And for your customs. How does the quantity of chakra in a Fuuinjutsu technique interact with the quantity of chakra in the target of your seal?
Ah, well this may be where my knowledge begins to flatline a little, as I'm not exactly super active in the combat side of the RP or custom creation, so I'm not overly familiar with many of the particulars in this department, but I'll do my best.

From what little I understand, in the majority of cases regarding the interaction of a Fuuinjutsu technique -regardless if it is barrier orientated meant to defend/defect a technique or intended to seal a technique- it's capacity for doing so is specifically dependent on the chakra value of it's target, rather than its damage value, or even specifically it's rank. Meaning if a Fuuinjutsu technique states that it can "seal up to A-rank techniques," that translates to stating it can "seal a technique with a cost of up to 30 chakra"; any more than that and the seal becomes insufficient. I think of it as a seal functioning quite basically like a container: Every container has a maximum capacity for what can be put inside of it; cups for fluids, seals for chakra.

I imagine this particular method of figuring was decided upon as a means to avoid confusion or debate on whether or not a technique becomes capable of nullifying/resisting a Fuuinjutsu seal used against it if said technique would happen to have a damage or rank boost to it, which seems like a very common occurrence and would no doubt cause quite a bit of havoc on the logistical side of Fuuinjutsu's fundamental mechanics. So the easiest way presumably to avoid these sorts of uncertainties is to simply refer to sealing the quantity of chakra, rather than the "power" of the technique. Which is arguably still dependent on it's chakra value as well, but I wouldn't doubt that there are plenty of instances that enhance damage or rank without necessarily influencing an individual technique's chakra cost.

Was there anything I missed, or that you'd like me to try and clarify upon more?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
You essentially got it right, fuuinjutsu works usually on a chakra vs chakra dynamic, when it comes to abilities that seal or absorb chakra, barriers sometimes work on a damage vs damage dynamic so it can vary. With that said when boosting fuuinjutsu by boosting the chakra cost of the ability, only 10 chakra can be added any other excess is considered wasted. So it limits the absorbition ability.

With that said we can begin with the techniques themselves. For each one I post please give me a little breakdown of the technique to your understanding, along with any thoughts you may have on them in terms of functionality usability etc.

( Isshi Tōjin ) - Light String Formation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: This barrier is designed to prevent anyone from leaving its confines. Once within a certain range of the person, the user erects the barrier underfoot rendering anyone within the seals, incapable of escaping. Should the user use on someone of a higher rank than him, than the effects will be null. However, should 2 or more barriers are combined, then the effects will be increased one rank ( Kages would effect Sages now, for example ).

( Fuuinjutsu: Kōmu Kekkaijutsu ) - Sealing Arts: Crimson Mist Barrier Jutsu
Range: Short - Long
Description: By summoning a thick wall of mist, the user can impair sight for all within it. It also masks any sound from being heard outside of the mist. The effectiveness of this technique varies between users as it depends on the user's skill. Starting at Chunnin rank, this lasts for 1 turn and can be extended 1 turn per rank increase up to Kage rank (6 turns). Chunnin and Special Jounin can use this up to Short range, Jounin and S-class Ninja can use this up to Mid range and Sannin and up can extend this to long range.

(Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Damage points: N/A
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Description: This barrier is designed to prevent anyone from leaving its confines. Once within a certain range of the person, the user erects the barrier underfoot rendering anyone within the seals, incapable of escaping. Should the user use on someone of a higher rank than him, than the effects will be null. However, should 2 or more barriers are combined, then the effects will be increased one rank ( Kages would effect Sages now, for example ).

A rather straightforward technique in concept; I'd say a rather basic application that sets the stage of what Fuuinjutsu is or is meant to be used for on a fundamental basis. Through the use of this particular barrier, I assume it's primarily meant to force a confined space in which can be viewed as a cage for the target, meant to minimize options for maneuverability and alleviate the need for wild spread techniques, allowing for the user to more reliably utilize direct attacks. I could also see this being utilized as a means to trap the user within the barrier as well, if nothing else but to force potential close-quarter encounters if the user possibly specializes in something like Taijutsu and has that advantage over the opponent.

I've been told that the Kage rank is not an official one anymore, that it was an old ranking system and the equivalent is now Jounin? If so, would how that is written still mean that Jounin-ranked users are capable of sealing Sage-ranked users in the barrier is erected twice? And if two barriers are used, does that occur in the same timeframe or separately, treated as two separate techniques used in the user's three technique limit per turn? Also, are these barriers capable of being broken if the target is trapped in them?

Description: By summoning a thick wall of mist, the user can impair sight for all within it. It also masks any sound from being heard outside of the mist. The effectiveness of this technique varies between users as it depends on the user's skill. Starting at Chunnin rank, this lasts for 1 turn and can be extended 1 turn per rank increase up to Kage rank (6 turns). Chunnin and Special Jounin can use this up to Short range, Jounin and S-class Ninja can use this up to Mid range and Sannin and up can extend this to long range.

A convenient technique to shape the rules of engagement in the benefit of the user; the fact that it impedes sound as well as the obvious sight is a definite bonus, allowing for things such as projectile attacks to be sent against the target, assuming the user is outside of the mist and the target inside of the mist, allowing for a large gap to be closed on them before they'd presumably even have the opportunity to react in any knowing manner.

As before, the rank layout is somewhat confusing given I'm assuming they are all from the previous system that was used. Would you mind translating what the equivalencies are to the current system so I have reference to it at a later date? I would greatly appreciate it.

Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

This one seems meant to be something of a projected radar field that allows the user quite a bit of advantage in the way of field awareness. A couple of questions though. While the title refers to it as a "dome," which implies it's more of a canopy or half sphere, the description itself refers to it as a sphere, which implies it's a complete geometric orb of sorts yet it also states that it is "above ground." Does this barrier extend at all beneath the surface once it's expanded, capable of sensing what might be beneath the surface as well, or is it only topical awareness? And is it something that is physically visible to others? Such as, does it have any coloration or recognizable characteristics that would betray it's usage to any who see the user active it or can it be done discreetly?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️

A rather straightforward technique in concept; I'd say a rather basic application that sets the stage of what Fuuinjutsu is or is meant to be used for on a fundamental basis. Through the use of this particular barrier, I assume it's primarily meant to force a confined space in which can be viewed as a cage for the target, meant to minimize options for maneuverability and alleviate the need for wild spread techniques, allowing for the user to more reliably utilize direct attacks. I could also see this being utilized as a means to trap the user within the barrier as well, if nothing else but to force potential close-quarter encounters if the user possibly specializes in something like Taijutsu and has that advantage over the opponent.

I've been told that the Kage rank is not an official one anymore, that it was an old ranking system and the equivalent is now Jounin? If so, would how that is written still mean that Jounin-ranked users are capable of sealing Sage-ranked users in the barrier is erected twice? And if two barriers are used, does that occur in the same timeframe or separately, treated as two separate techniques used in the user's three technique limit per turn? Also, are these barriers capable of being broken if the target is trapped in them?

A convenient technique to shape the rules of engagement in the benefit of the user; the fact that it impedes sound as well as the obvious sight is a definite bonus, allowing for things such as projectile attacks to be sent against the target, assuming the user is outside of the mist and the target inside of the mist, allowing for a large gap to be closed on them before they'd presumably even have the opportunity to react in any knowing manner.

As before, the rank layout is somewhat confusing given I'm assuming they are all from the previous system that was used. Would you mind translating what the equivalencies are to the current system so I have reference to it at a later date? I would greatly appreciate it.

This one seems meant to be something of a projected radar field that allows the user quite a bit of advantage in the way of field awareness. A couple of questions though. While the title refers to it as a "dome," which implies it's more of a canopy or half sphere, the description itself refers to it as a sphere, which implies it's a complete geometric orb of sorts yet it also states that it is "above ground." Does this barrier extend at all beneath the surface once it's expanded, capable of sensing what might be beneath the surface as well, or is it only topical awareness? And is it something that is physically visible to others? Such as, does it have any coloration or recognizable characteristics that would betray it's usage to any who see the user active it or can it be done discreetly?
The problem with light string formation is while combinations can "prevent people leaving" that really doesn't stop much, cause they can quite easily destroy the barrier given it's low durability, even with multiple formed it'll still only count as like a strong C rank, maybe a B rank at best. Also you're correct since Kage is removed it's just considered that Jonin is one rank below sage, so in situations like this you can interchange kage with sage generally. In regards to your other questions, using it multiple times would make it consume multiple move slots and multiple timeframe slots, unless you have a clone or ally perform it during the same timeframe. So all in all it's kinda shit not gonna lie to you.

With the second jutsu the rank exchange would probably make it work like this, Genin - Short range | Chuunin - Mid range | Jonin - Long range | That said this technique really is in need of an update given the rules regarding having fuuinjutsu and the rules regarding what rank jutsu a genin and chuunin can use. I'm gonna mention that to Chris when I get a moment, other than that you analysed it well.

In regards to the third technique, a picture is worth a thousand words or so they say.

You can see an image of the technique there, no it doesn't allow you to sense below the ground, however it's still a dome unless it hits the floor essentially, so if you use it in mid air, atop a summon like Jiraiya did it'll appear like that. It's mostly translucent but you can see a sort of visual distortion as it spreads, once you're inside it however you probably wouldn't notice anything. Okay moving on to the next set.

(Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

( Kekkai Kireme no Jutsu ) - Barrier Shatter Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 20 - 40
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact. Regular Fuuinjutsu users can dispel Barrier Techniques B-Rank and below. Uzumaki bios can dispel up to A-Rank. Advanced Sealing Specialists can dispel up to S rank Barriers.

(Fusen no Kekkai) Tag Barrier
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user will take a tag marked with the kanjis 障害 (Shōgai) and either place it on a weapon (like wrapped around a kunai's handle) or on a surface (like the ground). Upon doing so, a defensive spherical barrier is erected around the tag as a seal. The barrier can be used to defend against up to B-Rank ninjutsu but also be used to contain an enemy inside if feasible.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The problem with light string formation is while combinations can "prevent people leaving" that really doesn't stop much, cause they can quite easily destroy the barrier given it's low durability, even with multiple formed it'll still only count as like a strong C rank, maybe a B rank at best. Also you're correct since Kage is removed it's just considered that Jonin is one rank below sage, so in situations like this you can interchange kage with sage generally. In regards to your other questions, using it multiple times would make it consume multiple move slots and multiple timeframe slots, unless you have a clone or ally perform it during the same timeframe. So all in all it's kinda shit not gonna lie to you.

With the second jutsu the rank exchange would probably make it work like this, Genin - Short range | Chuunin - Mid range | Jonin - Long range | That said this technique really is in need of an update given the rules regarding having fuuinjutsu and the rules regarding what rank jutsu a genin and chuunin can use. I'm gonna mention that to Chris when I get a moment, other than that you analysed it well.

In regards to the third technique, a picture is worth a thousand words or so they say.

You can see an image of the technique there, no it doesn't allow you to sense below the ground, however it's still a dome unless it hits the floor essentially, so if you use it in mid air, atop a summon like Jiraiya did it'll appear like that. It's mostly translucent but you can see a sort of visual distortion as it spreads, once you're inside it however you probably wouldn't notice anything. Okay moving on to the next set.

(Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

( Kekkai Kireme no Jutsu ) - Barrier Shatter Technique
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact. Regular Fuuinjutsu users can dispel Barrier Techniques B-Rank and below. Uzumaki bios can dispel up to A-Rank. Advanced Sealing Specialists can dispel up to S rank Barriers.

(Fusen no Kekkai) Tag Barrier
Description: The user will take a tag marked with the kanjis 障害 (Shōgai) and either place it on a weapon (like wrapped around a kunai's handle) or on a surface (like the ground). Upon doing so, a defensive spherical barrier is erected around the tag as a seal. The barrier can be used to defend against up to B-Rank ninjutsu but also be used to contain an enemy inside if feasible.
All good to know. I appreciate it.

This quite simply seems like a minefield creation technique, in a manner of speaking. Presumably it's activation isn't solely tethered to the intended target being the one to step on it. Meaning it's entirely possible for them to be activated inadvertently on something or someone else, is this correct? Also, I'm curious if there's any expectation of an exact number of "explosive markers", or is it left to the user's discretion to determine that, as well the specifics of how far apart they are spread and so forth?

"Fighting fire with fire", but instead "Fighting Fuuinjutsu with Fuuinjutsu." It's pretty clear what the expected usage is, though I'm curious why it's possibly mid-range when it states that the user "must make direct contact" which to me, implies short range at most. Any thoughts on what the point of that is?

So it is intended to be utilized as a "projectile sealing barrier" of sorts. Seems relatively self-explanatory, though I'm curious: If the tags are applied to kunai, are the kunai still presumably usable for damage based purposes by being "free-form" thrown at a target, and if the kunai are countered as a consequence but not necessarily destroyed, is it assumed that they land nearby and the tag barrier technique persists as intended, being erecting the barriers in whatever location they land, or is it assumed the technique is canceled out at that moment?

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
All good to know. I appreciate it.

This quite simply seems like a minefield creation technique, in a manner of speaking. Presumably it's activation isn't solely tethered to the intended target being the one to step on it. Meaning it's entirely possible for them to be activated inadvertently on something or someone else, is this correct? Also, I'm curious if there's any expectation of an exact number of "explosive markers", or is it left to the user's discretion to determine that, as well the specifics of how far apart they are spread and so forth?

"Fighting fire with fire", but instead "Fighting Fuuinjutsu with Fuuinjutsu." It's pretty clear what the expected usage is, though I'm curious why it's possibly mid-range when it states that the user "must make direct contact" which to me, implies short range at most. Any thoughts on what the point of that is?

So it is intended to be utilized as a "projectile sealing barrier" of sorts. Seems relatively self-explanatory, though I'm curious: If the tags are applied to kunai, are the kunai still presumably usable for damage based purposes by being "free-form" thrown at a target, and if the kunai are countered as a consequence but not necessarily destroyed, is it assumed that they land nearby and the tag barrier technique persists as intended, being erecting the barriers in whatever location they land, or is it assumed the technique is canceled out at that moment?
The quantity of explosives spread as well as their formation is left to freeform discretion but don't get too carried away numbers wise and go crazy like "I use 1000 exploding kunai" I mean unless you combo it with the ninjutsu that does that I guess, but generally it's gonna be like 10-15 max to be reasonable I'd personally say unless you do use a replication technique.
As for triggering the explosive it doesn't specify if it's triggered by enemy chakra or pressure, in that case I'd say anything that touches it would cause it to explode yeah.

In regards to the second one I believe that's the upper limit that it can undo a barrier even while in direct contact. So for example a long range barrier couldn't be removed by this, at best it'd I guess remove a mid range portion of it, since that's the maximum reach this technique has. So for something the size of say the four red yang formation barrier, this would be somewhat ineffective.

With the third question, generally if the vessel or the kanji is destroyed the fuuin becomes useless, that's worth noting for a lot of fuuinjutsu not just this one, regardless of the strength of a seal in rank, it's "durability" is still tied to the kanji that creates it and the vessel that kanji is placed on. So for example paper tags can be very ineffective on mobile targets, even if you place a strong seal on them via a paper tag, if they simply rip the tag off the fuuin will be cancelled. However with this particular technique the barrier seems to be created once it's thrown, rather than when it lands, at least that's how it reads to me. So it'd be less susceptible to this inherent weakness of sealing.

Onwards and sorry for the late reply, been a bit preoccupied. Since I was delayed I'll add another jutsu.

(Mugen Hōyō) - Infinate Embrace
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (-50 per turn to the target, +30 to user)
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

(Fuuinjutsu: Kami Komyunikēshon) Sealing Arts: Scroll Communication technique
Range: N/A
Chakra: 20
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.

( Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag
Description: A basic sealing technique where the user places one or more tags either directly on a target or on a technique which is restraining it. As its placed, a sealing formula spreads around the technique or the target, sealing it. This technique has been seen used with Sand ninjutsu, Earth, Water, Wood, Cloth Ninjutsu, etc but basically any technique in which you can apply the tags can be used. In the case of expert ninjas, the tags might even be incorporated into the restraining technique, with no need to actually manually place the tag or tags. Additionally, less experienced ninjas can find that throwing one or more kunais with the sealing tags attached at the technique which will trigger the same effect when the kunais stick on the technique. This prevents the target from moving, molding chakra or even being summoned.
Note: The seal takes a while to form, so most opponents can either counter the restraining technique (thus preventing the sealing formula of taking effect) or rip off the tags from themselves negating its effects entirely. If the target, however, fails to counter the restraining technique or is counter to it fails or if he doesn't remove the tags in his next move, then the seal will fully be placed and the target unable to release himself.
Note: This technique is specially designed to be used on summons and Edo Tensei Summons but will work on any opponent except Jinchurikiis.

( Chakra Haisui Fūin no Jutsu ) – Chakra Suppression Seal Technique
Description: The user places this seal on the forehead of a Jinchuuriki influenced by the powers of a Bijuu, to forcibly cause the Bijuu's powers to recede. The Jinchuuriki becomes exhausted after this happens.
Note: This can only restrict Jinchuuriki in their Incomplete form, not when they completely transform into the Bijuu.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The quantity of explosives spread as well as their formation is left to freeform discretion but don't get too carried away numbers wise and go crazy like "I use 1000 exploding kunai" I mean unless you combo it with the ninjutsu that does that I guess, but generally it's gonna be like 10-15 max to be reasonable I'd personally say unless you do use a replication technique.
As for triggering the explosive it doesn't specify if it's triggered by enemy chakra or pressure, in that case I'd say anything that touches it would cause it to explode yeah.

In regards to the second one I believe that's the upper limit that it can undo a barrier even while in direct contact. So for example a long range barrier couldn't be removed by this, at best it'd I guess remove a mid range portion of it, since that's the maximum reach this technique has. So for something the size of say the four red yang formation barrier, this would be somewhat ineffective.

With the third question, generally if the vessel or the kanji is destroyed the fuuin becomes useless, that's worth noting for a lot of fuuinjutsu not just this one, regardless of the strength of a seal in rank, it's "durability" is still tied to the kanji that creates it and the vessel that kanji is placed on. So for example paper tags can be very ineffective on mobile targets, even if you place a strong seal on them via a paper tag, if they simply rip the tag off the fuuin will be cancelled. However with this particular technique the barrier seems to be created once it's thrown, rather than when it lands, at least that's how it reads to me. So it'd be less susceptible to this inherent weakness of sealing.

Onwards and sorry for the late reply, been a bit preoccupied. Since I was delayed I'll add another jutsu.

(Mugen Hōyō) - Infinate Embrace
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and generates a special barrier that surrounds the target forming a "cuboid" construct of pink chakra which begins draining the chakra of the target caught inside. This technique can be used in conjunction with shadow rope technique or other restrictive techniques to further hinder the target. Once caught inside it, the target cannot mold chakra above S-rank and the barrier itself can only be broken by B-Rank techniques or by attacking the user of the technique.

(Fuuinjutsu: Kami Komyunikēshon) Sealing Arts: Scroll Communication technique
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.

( Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag
Description: A basic sealing technique where the user places one or more tags either directly on a target or on a technique which is restraining it. As its placed, a sealing formula spreads around the technique or the target, sealing it. This technique has been seen used with Sand ninjutsu, Earth, Water, Wood, Cloth Ninjutsu, etc but basically any technique in which you can apply the tags can be used. In the case of expert ninjas, the tags might even be incorporated into the restraining technique, with no need to actually manually place the tag or tags. Additionally, less experienced ninjas can find that throwing one or more kunais with the sealing tags attached at the technique which will trigger the same effect when the kunais stick on the technique. This prevents the target from moving, molding chakra or even being summoned.
Note: The seal takes a while to form, so most opponents can either counter the restraining technique (thus preventing the sealing formula of taking effect) or rip off the tags from themselves negating its effects entirely. If the target, however, fails to counter the restraining technique or is counter to it fails or if he doesn't remove the tags in his next move, then the seal will fully be placed and the target unable to release himself.
Note: This technique is specially designed to be used on summons and Edo Tensei Summons but will work on any opponent except Jinchurikiis.

( Chakra Haisui Fūin no Jutsu ) – Chakra Suppression Seal Technique
Description: The user places this seal on the forehead of a Jinchuuriki influenced by the powers of a Bijuu, to forcibly cause the Bijuu's powers to recede. The Jinchuuriki becomes exhausted after this happens.
Note: This can only restrict Jinchuuriki in their Incomplete form, not when they completely transform into the Bijuu.
It's no worries, I appreciate you taking the time all the same. I fully anticipate the occasional pause here or there.

The description seems to cover most of what there is to interpret with regards to this technique. It serves as a method of hindrance to the opponent while simultaneously giving the user a steady supply of chakra. The only question I have is with regards to the maintenance of the barrier. Does the user have to maintain the previous form to create it (hands on the ground, focused entirely on the target/barrier) or is the user free to move and do other things once the barrier has been created, assumed to be self-sufficient?

Description:

Conveniently enough, I've recently used this technique -or rather was given use of it- in the NW. Imperfect and I utilized this as a means to communicate IC while he was doing his missions and I was doing my own elsewhere. It's an incredibly subjective technique that has very specific uses, but for those that have a desire to maintain a sense of realism or "authenticity" to their capacity for knowing certain things or being informed through others without essentially metagaming, it's quite useful.
One thing I'd be curious of is if the user is allowed to use this technique multiple times to form more than two scrolls and expand the network of connected scrolls? Such as if I were to use this technique twice, I would have four scrolls all connected to each other, or is it only ever the two originally formed that are connected? So even if I might have four scrolls in using it twice, it would still only be two sets of two.

This technique is mildly confusing until the final footnote that specifies it's intended use is in the prevention in specifically summonings and the like. I can see it's intended use in that way; if I'm not mistaken this is what the third Hokage used to prevent Orochimaru from summoning the Edo Tensei of the fourth Hokage back during the initial Konoha invasion, during the Chunin exams, I believe it was? It's been awhile.. haha.
I'm am a bit unsure of what it implies when it can be used on "any technique in which you can apply the tags." Does this just mean that the technique must be physical in some way, such as earth and earth-based elements, but not something like wind techniques, for example?

Very self-explanatory and not exactly open to any real interpretation. It's sole purpose is the sealing -or resealing- of the tailed beast within it's Jinchuuriki vessel. I'd wager this isn't easy to accomplish if the target isn't bound in some way before the attempted placement of the seal, but it's at least convenient if ever I find myself up against someone of the like.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
It's no worries, I appreciate you taking the time all the same. I fully anticipate the occasional pause here or there.

The description seems to cover most of what there is to interpret with regards to this technique. It serves as a method of hindrance to the opponent while simultaneously giving the user a steady supply of chakra. The only question I have is with regards to the maintenance of the barrier. Does the user have to maintain the previous form to create it (hands on the ground, focused entirely on the target/barrier) or is the user free to move and do other things once the barrier has been created, assumed to be self-sufficient?

Description:

Conveniently enough, I've recently used this technique -or rather was given use of it- in the NW. Imperfect and I utilized this as a means to communicate IC while he was doing his missions and I was doing my own elsewhere. It's an incredibly subjective technique that has very specific uses, but for those that have a desire to maintain a sense of realism or "authenticity" to their capacity for knowing certain things or being informed through others without essentially metagaming, it's quite useful.
One thing I'd be curious of is if the user is allowed to use this technique multiple times to form more than two scrolls and expand the network of connected scrolls? Such as if I were to use this technique twice, I would have four scrolls all connected to each other, or is it only ever the two originally formed that are connected? So even if I might have four scrolls in using it twice, it would still only be two sets of two.

This technique is mildly confusing until the final footnote that specifies it's intended use is in the prevention in specifically summonings and the like. I can see it's intended use in that way; if I'm not mistaken this is what the third Hokage used to prevent Orochimaru from summoning the Edo Tensei of the fourth Hokage back during the initial Konoha invasion, during the Chunin exams, I believe it was? It's been awhile.. haha.
I'm am a bit unsure of what it implies when it can be used on "any technique in which you can apply the tags." Does this just mean that the technique must be physical in some way, such as earth and earth-based elements, but not something like wind techniques, for example?

Very self-explanatory and not exactly open to any real interpretation. It's sole purpose is the sealing -or resealing- of the tailed beast within it's Jinchuuriki vessel. I'd wager this isn't easy to accomplish if the target isn't bound in some way before the attempted placement of the seal, but it's at least convenient if ever I find myself up against someone of the like.
Infinite embraces must be sustained once created, limiting your own mobility, it's actually one of the weaknesses for the stronger version MIE that we will be going over soon. With the communication scroll I'm pretty sure it's fine to make multiple scrolls in the same "network" not just two, so you can link them together between a large group and the like, given that we're allowed to use boruto era communication technology I can't imagine they'd limit such a fuuinjutsu.

In regards to the third technique, it's not what the third used to prevent Edo Tensei occuring, that technique he used was sadly never named or explained he just threw some shuriken at a coffin and made the generic handseal for molding chakra, it was pretty weird honestly lmao. This technique is just the generic sealing tag, so basically you bind your target with a vessel, any tangible vessel will do so yes earth, cloth, rubber, blah blah solid structure, even some advanced elements and CE, then you slap the tag on whatever you've used as the vessel and the victim is sealed inside. This was mostly used during the war arc to seal Edo's by trapping them in tangible objects and applying the tag.

The final one is pretty easy to understand and yes it certainly isn't easy to hit an incomplete transformation Bijuu in the forehead with a sealing tag without yourself being dumpstered, given their high speed and strength. With all of that we can move on to the next set.

( Han'you Fūin ) - Generic Sealing Technique
Type: Supplementary , Defensive
Description: This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items or weapons that have been stored using Fūinjutsu,typically they are stored within scrolls. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons. The items themselves are unaffected by time. This Technique allows the user to seal any weapons they wish being their own or opponents.
Note: Cannot seal opponent's custom weapons, or the special weapons of a particular character ( example: Samehada or Kubikiribocho ).
Note: Can only seal corpses, and not injured people regardless of the extent of their injury.

( Fūin Wana Bakuhatsu ) – Sealing Trap Explosion
Type: Offensive, Defensive
Damage points: 40
Description: The user places a seal on a chosen location which when an enemy target draws closer to the seal it will release itself in activation to the enemy’s chakra and cause an explosion.

( Shikoku Mujin ) - Four Black Fog Battle Formation
Range: Close
Damage Points: N/A
Description: When the opponent is trapped inside a container of some sort, the user places five sealing tags, on each side of the container forming a rough pentagon shape. The opponent is then locked in suspended animation for one turn.
Note: If the opponent escapes the container or shatters it before all the tags are placed, he avoids the technique fully.

( Ho/Mizu/Kaze/Tsuchi/Rai Houin ) - Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/Lightning Sealing Method
Description: The user takes out a scroll, and writes the name of the element they wish to seal in it. They then make four handseals, and a vapour comes out of the scroll, envelops the technique they wish to seal and seals it back into the scroll.
Note: This technique can only seal one technique up to S-rank per usage
Note: This technique may be used only thrice.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Apologies @Arthorius for my abrupt and unannounced absence all those months ago. I wish I had taken the time to contact you and let you know that I was going to be disconnected from the forum and that our training was going to be on hold; I hope we can have the opportunity to talk and catch up a little as I slowly try to reintroduce myself to the forum. Thank you very much for helping me with my training up to this point. Congratulations on Modship, by the way!~

I've asked @Mirai to oversee the remainder of my training given the vast gap in time since I last attempted this training session and would like to give the opportunity for a fresh attempt on my part without further burdening my prior teacher. If there are any issues regarding this, please, please don't hesitate to contact me. 🙏

Description: This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items or weapons that have been stored using Fūinjutsu, typically they are stored within scrolls. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons. The items themselves are unaffected by time. This Technique allows the user to seal any weapons they wish being their own or opponents.
Note: Cannot seal opponent's custom weapons, or the special weapons of a particular character ( example: Samehada or Kubikiribocho ).
Note: Can only seal corpses, and not injured people regardless of the extent of their injury.

Rather self explanatory and not a lot of interpretation to be had with this technique. For a B-rank, it's versatility is rather impressive and has a lot of room for advantageous effects and implications that help set the pace of a fight in favor of the user. My only question more or less extends from the lack of clarification on what exactly the limitations are -if any- on generally what size of objects can be stored/sealed in this way. So, for example, obviously you can seal a katana using this technique and similar things. Would it be possible to seal and store something like a large pile of logs, or boulders? I suppose these examples are pushing the broadness of what could possibly classify as "items or weapons", but it more or less encompasses my question at the very least.

Description: The user places a seal on a chosen location which when an enemy target draws closer to the seal it will release itself in activation to the enemy’s chakra and cause an explosion.

Ninja landmines go brrr.

When it states that simply "when an enemy target draws closer," is there a specific distance that this is expected to take effect without deviation, or is there room for manual, self-timed detonation by the user? And the short range; is that relative to it's explosive radius, distance that the user can place the trap from themselves, or the distance that the target must be from the seal before it will be set off?

Description: When the opponent is trapped inside a container of some sort, the user places five sealing tags, on each side of the container forming a rough pentagon shape. The opponent is then locked in suspended animation for one turn.
Note: If the opponent escapes the container or shatters it before all the tags are placed, he avoids the technique fully.

This one seems relatively straight forward, other than for the fact that I'm not entirely sure what it means definably by "suspended animation" relative to the rpg mechanics here. Is that something that is directly tethered to the rank of the technique that enforces it, or is it something that supersedes the technique's rank as far as suppressive capabilities to the target? And does the "container" that the target is held inside of have to be of equal rank to the seal itself, or can it be greater/lower rank and still be applicable? Which begs the question of whether or not the seal is applied to the container and not the target (or only applied to the target by way of affiliation to being within the container) or does it seal past the container and to the target?

Description: The user takes out a scroll, and writes the name of the element they wish to seal in it. They then make four handseals, and a vapour comes out of the scroll, envelops the technique they wish to seal and seals it back into the scroll.

This is an interesting extension, or rather different take on the sealing of tools/items as the previous "Generic Sealing Technique" allows. Whereas that one was limited to physical objects, this one is obviously meant for sealing jutsu in particular, of which I'm assuming is meant to expand a user's capacity for utilizing multiple techniques in one turn as a means of overcoming rank limitations per turn, such as if a technique notes that "cannot use S-rank jutsu next turn," this would allow the user to overcome that limitation, given that the seal itself is a B-rank technique that simply releases a previously stored S-rank technique. Or at least that is my impression. When it says that the technique can only be used three times, does that mean a user can only have up to three seals stored in this way, regardless if they were made before or during battle, or does it strictly have to be applied during a battle and then used later in the battle?

Reactions: Arthorius

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Apologies @Arthorius for my abrupt and unannounced absence all those months ago. I wish I had taken the time to contact you and let you know that I was going to be disconnected from the forum and that our training was going to be on hold; I hope we can have the opportunity to talk and catch up a little as I slowly try to reintroduce myself to the forum. Thank you very much for helping me with my training up to this point. Congratulations on Modship, by the way!~

I've asked @Mirai to oversee the remainder of my training given the vast gap in time since I last attempted this training session and would like to give the opportunity for a fresh attempt on my part without further burdening my prior teacher. If there are any issues regarding this, please, please don't hesitate to contact me. 🙏

Description: This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items or weapons that have been stored using Fūinjutsu, typically they are stored within scrolls. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons. The items themselves are unaffected by time. This Technique allows the user to seal any weapons they wish being their own or opponents.

Rather self explanatory and not a lot of interpretation to be had with this technique. For a B-rank, it's versatility is rather impressive and has a lot of room for advantageous effects and implications that help set the pace of a fight in favor of the user. My only question more or less extends from the lack of clarification on what exactly the limitations are -if any- on generally what size of objects can be stored/sealed in this way. So, for example, obviously you can seal a katana using this technique and similar things. Would it be possible to seal and store something like a large pile of logs, or boulders? I suppose these examples are pushing the broadness of what could possibly classify as "items or weapons", but it more or less encompasses my question at the very least.

Ninja landmines go brrr.

When it states that simply "when an enemy target draws closer," is there a specific distance that this is expected to take effect without deviation, or is there room for manual, self-timed detonation by the user? And the short range; is that relative to it's explosive radius, distance that the user can place the trap from themselves, or the distance that the target must be from the seal before it will be set off?

This one seems relatively straight forward, other than for the fact that I'm not entirely sure what it means definably by "suspended animation" relative to the rpg mechanics here. Is that something that is directly tethered to the rank of the technique that enforces it, or is it something that supersedes the technique's rank as far as suppressive capabilities to the target? And does the "container" that the target is held inside of have to be of equal rank to the seal itself, or can it be greater/lower rank and still be applicable? Which begs the question of whether or not the seal is applied to the container and not the target (or only applied to the target by way of affiliation to being within the container) or does it seal past the container and to the target?

This is an interesting extension, or rather different take on the sealing of tools/items as the previous "Generic Sealing Technique" allows. Whereas that one was limited to physical objects, this one is obviously meant for sealing jutsu in particular, of which I'm assuming is meant to expand a user's capacity for utilizing multiple techniques in one turn as a means of overcoming rank limitations per turn, such as if a technique notes that "cannot use S-rank jutsu next turn," this would allow the user to overcome that limitation, given that the seal itself is a B-rank technique that simply releases a previously stored S-rank technique. Or at least that is my impression. When it says that the technique can only be used three times, does that mean a user can only have up to three seals stored in this way, regardless if they were made before or during battle, or does it strictly have to be applied during a battle and then used later in the battle?
  • Generally speaking, most seals don’t have a size requirement. The reason being is that seals will basically compress whatever it’s trying to seal in terms of its size, brining it all the down into the script. So in terms of this technique, I don’t believe there is a size maximum, but of course don’t go trying to seal a mountain or something of that nature into the seal lmao. A pile of logs would be perfectly fine but again, just be realistic with the scaling and you should be more than ok.
  • It’s in relation to how wide the explosion and the detection range for the seal. Once it’s within, let’s say 1 meter, it will explode in response to foreign chakra, so be careful when using this around summons. It’s applied short range too but with physical contact, but having a summon near you would cause the foreign chakra clause to trigger bad basically cause you to self-destruct lmao.
  • This is one of the weirder techniques when it comes to Fuinjutsu. Well, suspended animation is basically being stuck in mid air per say, unable to move and shit. That;s basically it but the set up required for it just terrible. You asking some interesting questions, which imo the seal is applied to the container which by proxy causes the suspension to occur within it. The container rank doesn’t need to be the same as far as I’m aware, so you should be ok on the front. The suppression doesn’t really stop the opponent from just using a handsealess technique to just literally shatter the container anyways haha.
  • This is more so a defensive seal actually. It was used when Itachi and Kisame infiltrated Konohagakure. Itachi used Amatersasu, and Jiraiya used the scroll in order to seal the Amaterasu flames. So what it does is yes, allows you to seal techniques into it but rather than trying to store it for other uses like you assumed, its more so to protect you. The other problem with this (which will be addressed when canons update hopefully) is that it says it can seal S Ranks. It actually cant at the moment, as sealing/absorbing is mandated by the chakra of the technique. So with this being B rank, it would actually only work on B rank and below or if you increase its chakra by +10 can seal an A rank. And the thrice per battle is basically sealing three techniques in total for the battle until your usages regenerate (WSE wise) or not (in BA).

Anything else you wanna comment on before we move on or any point I might have missed to address?

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
  • Generally speaking, most seals don’t have a size requirement. The reason being is that seals will basically compress whatever it’s trying to seal in terms of its size, brining it all the down into the script. So in terms of this technique, I don’t believe there is a size maximum, but of course don’t go trying to seal a mountain or something of that nature into the seal lmao. A pile of logs would be perfectly fine but again, just be realistic with the scaling and you should be more than ok.
  • It’s in relation to how wide the explosion and the detection range for the seal. Once it’s within, let’s say 1 meter, it will explode in response to foreign chakra, so be careful when using this around summons. It’s applied short range too but with physical contact, but having a summon near you would cause the foreign chakra clause to trigger bad basically cause you to self-destruct lmao.
  • This is one of the weirder techniques when it comes to Fuinjutsu. Well, suspended animation is basically being stuck in mid air per say, unable to move and shit. That;s basically it but the set up required for it just terrible. You asking some interesting questions, which imo the seal is applied to the container which by proxy causes the suspension to occur within it. The container rank doesn’t need to be the same as far as I’m aware, so you should be ok on the front. The suppression doesn’t really stop the opponent from just using a handsealess technique to just literally shatter the container anyways haha.
  • This is more so a defensive seal actually. It was used when Itachi and Kisame infiltrated Konohagakure. Itachi used Amatersasu, and Jiraiya used the scroll in order to seal the Amaterasu flames. So what it does is yes, allows you to seal techniques into it but rather than trying to store it for other uses like you assumed, its more so to protect you. The other problem with this (which will be addressed when canons update hopefully) is that it says it can seal S Ranks. It actually cant at the moment, as sealing/absorbing is mandated by the chakra of the technique. So with this being B rank, it would actually only work on B rank and below or if you increase its chakra by +10 can seal an A rank. And the thrice per battle is basically sealing three techniques in total for the battle until your usages regenerate (WSE wise) or not (in BA).

Anything else you wanna comment on before we move on or any point I might have missed to address?
Nope, I believe that mostly covered my questions. The scroll sealing makes a lot more sense now that I interpret it as what it's clearly meant as, being a defensive utility. Though on that subject, wouldn't it basically be no different than simply countering the opposing technique with an equal-ranking elemental technique? As in, the chakra expense would be the same and the countered effect would be withstanding as well in either scenario, so I suppose I'm not entirely certain what the value of using the scroll as a means to counter a technique instead of using any typical countermeasure would be. In fact, it seems like it's a bit more inconvenient as it not only requires the preparation of the scroll (via writing down the name of the element inside of it) and then also performing 4 hand seals. It feels rather redundant and unnecessary when comparing to other methods of countering an attack.

Anyway, I'm good to continue.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Well, sealing within itself is a powerful mechanic. The reason I’m saying that is because sealing techniques work based on chakra amount, not DMG. The latter is ignored in those interactions, so let’s say you utilize and S Rank with 300 DMG through boosts or w.e but the chakra amount is still 40. A seal with 40 chakra will literally ignore that high damage; making it useless. So sometimes, having those types of techniques in your back pocket is pretty clever. Also do remember, we are ninjas, making those seals and doing the writing doesn’t really take THAT long tbh haha. Anyways if that’s all, we’ll continue into the next techniques:

(Kuchiyose: Raikō Kenka) - Summoning: Lightning Blade Creation
Chakra cost: N/A (-5 per tool/weapon)
Description: This is a special "ninja tool summon" that allows the user to seal basic ninja tools, like shurikens, kunais, swords, etc into sealing marks placed on their clothes or their body. The ninja tools can be summoned in an instant just by touching the sealing "marks". The greatest advantage of this technique is that the time between taking out a ninja tool, taking the right stance and actually throwing it is greatly reduced and one can unleash a barrage of weapons with great speed in a small time window. Also when a weapon such as a Fūma Shuriken is summoned, the time needed to throw it can be further shortened by having prepared the weapon in fully extended form beforehand. Sasuke even shown that you can have the weapons connected to wires and linked to their sealing marks and used the technique in sealing marks he placed in his wrist bracers.
Note: Can summon up to 30 basic tools per sealing mark and can have up to 2 sealing marks.

(Kyōkai Kekkai no Jutsu) - Boundary Barrier Technique
Chakra cost: 30 (-10 per turn remaining active)
Description: This is a detection type barrier which is simply a more advanced version of the (Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation technique and that can be used to surround an area and allows the user to monitor a certain area covering from the sky to underneath the ground creating a sphere. The user will create a tag with the 許可 (Kyoka) Kanji and place it on the ground, doing the confrontation hand seal afterwards to activate it. After the barrier is erected, the user, if inside it, will be able to detect any enemy inside it, even if he hiding his presence. After that, anyone who enters or leaves the barrier is instantly detected as well as anything that moves inside it. Techniques that mask the users presence are ineffective at avoiding detection as the barrier focuses on movement and displacement of matter, not solely on chakra detection. The barrier can also be moved according to the requirements of the user by moving the tag.
Note: Can only be used twice.

(Hogo Fuda Kekkai no Jutsu) - Protective Tag Barrier Technique
Chakra cost: 30
Description: This technique uses special talismans that when a specific part of the users body is targeted, this technique then activates and covers the specific area. The talismans move to cover the specific body part and form a barrier protecting it.
Note: Only Ao biographies can apply the tags.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, sealing within itself is a powerful mechanic. The reason I’m saying that is because sealing techniques work based on chakra amount, not DMG. The latter is ignored in those interactions, so let’s say you utilize and S Rank with 300 DMG through boosts or w.e but the chakra amount is still 40. A seal with 40 chakra will literally ignore that high damage; making it useless. So sometimes, having those types of techniques in your back pocket is pretty clever. Also do remember, we are ninjas, making those seals and doing the writing doesn’t really take THAT long tbh haha. Anyways if that’s all, we’ll continue into the next techniques:

(Kuchiyose: Raikō Kenka) - Summoning: Lightning Blade Creation
Description: This is a special "ninja tool summon" that allows the user to seal basic ninja tools, like shurikens, kunais, swords, etc into sealing marks placed on their clothes or their body. The ninja tools can be summoned in an instant just by touching the sealing "marks". The greatest advantage of this technique is that the time between taking out a ninja tool, taking the right stance and actually throwing it is greatly reduced and one can unleash a barrage of weapons with great speed in a small time window. Also when a weapon such as a Fūma Shuriken is summoned, the time needed to throw it can be further shortened by having prepared the weapon in fully extended form beforehand. Sasuke even shown that you can have the weapons connected to wires and linked to their sealing marks and used the technique in sealing marks he placed in his wrist bracers.
Note: Can summon up to 30 basic tools per sealing mark and can have up to 2 sealing marks.

(Kyōkai Kekkai no Jutsu) - Boundary Barrier Technique
Description: This is a detection type barrier which is simply a more advanced version of the (Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation technique and that can be used to surround an area and allows the user to monitor a certain area covering from the sky to underneath the ground creating a sphere. The user will create a tag with the 許可 (Kyoka) Kanji and place it on the ground, doing the confrontation hand seal afterwards to activate it. After the barrier is erected, the user, if inside it, will be able to detect any enemy inside it, even if he hiding his presence. After that, anyone who enters or leaves the barrier is instantly detected as well as anything that moves inside it. Techniques that mask the users presence are ineffective at avoiding detection as the barrier focuses on movement and displacement of matter, not solely on chakra detection. The barrier can also be moved according to the requirements of the user by moving the tag.

(Hogo Fuda Kekkai no Jutsu) - Protective Tag Barrier Technique
Description: This technique uses special talismans that when a specific part of the users body is targeted, this technique then activates and covers the specific area. The talismans move to cover the specific body part and form a barrier protecting it.

Self-explanatory and easy to comprehend. I'm assuming that these seals are meant to be pre-described and outlined in the user's biography prior to a battle for clarity on having preemptively created these seals and made the arrangements of the items sealed inside? As a means to avoid meta-gaming or needlessly throwing out just whatever a person wants on a whim without any prior justification other than "ninja magic makes it go-go."

This technique is pretty interesting and I find it to have me thinking the most about applications than most of the previous techniques thus far, truth be told. The capacity for relying on the barrier's sustainment from a tag seal is considerably convenient for alleviating the user from needing to sustain the barrier themselves (other than chakra supply per/turn), and the fact that it clearly states that it's meant to detect matter displacement rather than chakra presence, life force, or whatever else. My only questions surrounding this is regarding the seal's placement. While it states that the seal is placed onto the ground, it proceeds to explain that it "can be moved according to the requirements of the user." Is it at all possible to attach the tag to an object that can be moved, such as a slab of stone pulled up from the ground after applying the tag, thus moving the tag at the same time? As a means for a mobile spherical detection barrier. And when it says "can only be used twice", does each attempt to move the applied seal tag count as being "used" while also requiring a use of 30 chakra again (effectively just requiring the reuse of the technique as a whole), or is that only pertaining to if the tag is destroyed and would need to be remade?

Neato, I suppose. Not a lot to speak for itself, least of all for me to speak of. I'm assuming the Ao biography restriction is active and thus this technique is effectively moot to me, unless I were to make a reskin of that particular bio?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Pretty much; it’s what we call a body seal here in the RP. However, we’ll go over those a bit more later when you ever get Advance Fuinjutsu; as it touches on that aspect a lot more. And yes, you can place the tag onto something else i.e the stone you mentioned. And then when it comes to the question of moving it, you can move it with you since if you apply it to the rock, the barrier is anchored to the rock per say via the tag. And no each attempt to move it doesn’t count towards the usage limitations. It pertains to if the tag get destroyed and you want to remake it yes. If you don’t have anymore questions, here’s your next techniques to tackle. Yea that last technique was a mistake haha.

(Tajū Mugen Hōyō ) - Multiple Infinite Embraces
Chakra cost: 30 (-100 to the target per turn, +100 to user per turn)
Description: This technique is a stronger version of Infinite Embraces and is used basically in the same manner. The user will do the Tiger → Dog → Horse → Dragon → Boar hand seals and slam his hands on the ground, creating a bigger barrier than the original technique but similar in its essence which drains the target's chakra but also pushes down on them making it much harder to break free. The massive pressure the technique puts on the target prevents the target from moving unless it has some sort of enhanced strength ability, making it very difficult to break free from it. Unable to move, the targets are also unable to mold chakra above A-Rank while having his chakra drained. The barrier can only be broken by A-Rank techniques or above or by attacking the user.

( Hijutsu: Fūinjutsu Kai ) – Secret Technique: Sealing Release
Chakra: N/A (same chakra as the seal thats to be released)
Description: The user can use this technique to dispel sealing techniques of various natures by forcefully breaking open the seal or, in extreme cases, erasing/cancelling them. For seals placed on a living medium, the user must make contact with the seal. For other seals, being in short range of it is enough. Normally, to perform this technique one needs to do the confrontation or the tiger handseal.
Note: Regular Fuuinjutsu users can dispel Sealing Techniques B-Rank and below. Uzumaki bios can dispel up to A-Rank. Advanced Sealing Specialists can dispel up to standard S rank Sealing Technique.

( Fūinjutsu: Seikatsu Kekkai ) – Sealing Technique: Living Barrier
Chakra cost: 30 (-15 per turn active)
Description: The user takes out two bladed objects and crosses them. This creates a seal that seals away 50% of the chakra of any opponents within short-range of the user, allowing them to use only upto A-rank techniques.
Note: Sealing Method lasts 2 turns maximum.
Note: If the opponent moves out of short range, he regains his original abilities

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chakra cost: 30 (-100 to the target per turn, +100 to user per turn)
Description: This technique is a stronger version of Infinite Embraces and is used basically in the same manner. The user will do the Tiger → Dog → Horse → Dragon → Boar hand seals and slam his hands on the ground, creating a bigger barrier than the original technique but similar in its essence which drains the target's chakra but also pushes down on them making it much harder to break free. The massive pressure the technique puts on the target prevents the target from moving unless it has some sort of enhanced strength ability, making it very difficult to break free from it. Unable to move, the targets are also unable to mold chakra above A-Rank while having his chakra drained. The barrier can only be broken by A-Rank techniques or above or by attacking the user.

Pretty standard cause/affect technique. I'm curious if it's possible to utilize this in conjunction to other restrictive techniques? Like, if I were to apply something like the earth technique Swamp of the Underworld to a target, then simultaneously apply this barrier-based seal around the swamp-bound target, would the barrier's pressure applying properties against the target subsequently cause the target to sink faster in the swamp? Or is there even a method of measuring that sort of duality in the RP without both parties agreeing to the rationale behind it themselves?

Chakra: N/A (same chakra as the seal thats to be released)
Description: The user can use this technique to dispel sealing techniques of various natures by forcefully breaking open the seal or, in extreme cases, erasing/cancelling them. For seals placed on a living medium, the user must make contact with the seal. For other seals, being in short range of it is enough. Normally, to perform this technique one needs to do the confrontation or the tiger handseal.
Note: Regular Fuuinjutsu users can dispel Sealing Techniques B-Rank and below. Uzumaki bios can dispel up to A-Rank. Advanced Sealing Specialists can dispel up to standard S rank Sealing Technique.

Initially I found this technique to be rather redundant, or more specifically a nullifier of all prior techniques up until I read the first footnote that it supposedly can only dispel techniques up to B-rank without some form of additional biography features to benefit the process. But it begs the question that with the new Fuinjutsu system in place that makes all seals relative to the chakra applied to the seal rather than the rank of the seal itself, does that footnote still apply respectively, or is that somewhat void now and it's expected that, so long as the same amount of chakra as the target seal is applied, it could theoretically dispel it without much consequence?

Chakra cost: 30 (-15 per turn active)
Description: The user takes out two bladed objects and crosses them. This creates a seal that seals away 50% of the chakra of any opponents within short-range of the user, allowing them to use only upto A-rank techniques.
Note: Sealing Method lasts 2 turns maximum.
Note: If the opponent moves out of short range, he regains his original abilities

I.. guess this is neat? Not much to say about it given it's very short and obvious purpose, though I can't really imagine many instances where this would be functional in a proper all-out fight. I'd say it's rather dependent on the assumption that the target is obviously incapable of moving; be it that they're restricted or suppressed by some method applied by the user or committed to a movement they can't readily escape or divert from themselves.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Not with this one, unless you have an ally. This technique requires you to constantly focus on it so you’ll be unable to use this on your own haha. And it would just basically send them deeper down into the swamp yes, as the pressure caused a downward force. Once you spend the proper amount of chakra, then you’ll be fine with dispelling it hence why its “Chakra: N/A (same chakra as the seal thats to be released)”. If no more questions; here’s the next set:

( Keiyaku Fūin ) – Contract Seal
Description: The user, after having obtained some of the opponent's blood, touches a summoning that the opponent is controlling, causing a kanji formula to generate which forces the summoner to lose control of that summon. The summon does not fight for the user, but instead disappears back to its summon realm.
Note: Can only be used twice by regular sealing users while medical sealing masters can use it indefinitely.

( Suji Haji Fūin ) - Muscle Restriction Seal
Chakra Cost: 30
Description: A special fuuinjutsu utilized by taking a tag that bears the symbol for "Restrict". When placed upon the opponent it generates an electrical current that is not physically harmful. However this flows through the nervous system and restricts the movement of muscles. This slows down the opponent and prevents him from using A-rank Tai and above for three turns.
Note: If applied by a medical ninja with sealing mastery, the effect will last until released.

( Shishienjin ) - Four Violet Flames Battle Encampment
Chakra Cost: 30 (-10 per turn to sustain)
Damage Points: N/A ( 60 if the opponent makes physical contact with the barrier )
Description: This technique requires four people or clones to use. The people must be standing forming a square, they will then make the snake handseal and clasp their hands. A barrier forms around them on all sides, stopping anyone from outside from coming into the square. If they touch the walls, they will be burnt by violet flames. The casters can add a secondary barrier outside to prevent them from being attacked by enemies on the outside of the square; although by doing so, they are unable to attack as well. Each barrier can sustain any A-Rank technique.
Note: Requires 4 ninjas or 4 clones to use.