wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We know what chakra is. It is energy that is everywhere in the universe. However, Sages are intelligent creatures or personification of forces of nature (which is technically chakra) with high amount of chakra.
This follows the logic of many polytheistic religions and this is namely focused on Shinto religion.

From what we learned, these beings took form from chakra which gained physical form and sentience OR living beings that amassed massive amounts of chakra either from absorption or through consumption.

I would like to talk about the latter: Beings that transcended through consumption.

These are creatures from a different place that go planet to planet and farm the natural energy through planting a tree that will accumulate all the surrounding chakra of that planet (this is the former form: the one that absorbs energy and becomes a different form like the Juubi)
You must be registered for see images
This is merely a hypothesis but the number is too conspicuous to be left alone.

The number of travelers in accordance to the fact that it is symbolic as to why they travel in pairs and how the 6 paths can be categorized in 3 categories is too coincidental.

• Deva (Yin)
  • Asura (Yang)
  • Human (Yin)
  • Animal (Yang)
  • Petra (Yin)
  • Nakara (Yang)
I believe that 3 pairs were all sages of their own path.

Perhaps at some point in time, they all did things for their own interest (which we know Kaguya did and undercut Isshiki and took the fruit for herself).

Sage of 6 Path would probably Kaguya first. After transcending to another being, she had the means to be able to use the others' speciality or their Path for her own.

This was then passed on to her twins: Hagoromo and Hamura, albeit weaker versions of them.
Although, I do believe that they were incapable of using all 6 paths by themselves and only can use a few of them, which is why they needed each other's seal, the moon and sun seals.

We know that Hagoromo was the Yin as he had the Rinnegan while Hamura was Yang as he had the byakugan. As well as this is backed by the fact that Naruto and Sasuke exhibiting only certain feats once they had acquired those sun and moon seals.

From what we learned, seals can be used to obtain the stored power. My guess is that due to them only being able to use 3 Paths, they "Karma-ed" each other so that they can use the other's power at a moments notice.

As for the Outer Path. I do believe that it exists due to the 6 Paths. Kaguya may have had it but probably had no way of using it, let alone knowing what it is, as we know that she kind of suck at fighting.
Naruto being able to heal himself, give Kakashi his eye back and halt the disintegration of Guy (using Nekara Path)
Summoning 3 Kuramas, 2 to support him and 1 to gather chakra (Animal Path)
Augmenting himself by combining all Kuramas and using different affinity TBB (Asura Path)
Sasuke taking in the Tailed Beasts' chakras (Petra Path)
never used Human Path unless it was done some other way that wasn't like Pain's Human Path, my guess is probably when he absorbed the Tailed Beasts using Petra Path, if he did use it
Sasuke using Planetary Devastation (Deva Path)

After rebelling, Kaguya became the 1st to transcend. This opened up new things and new power (one she does not know exists aside from her colleagues' paths).
Knowing what she knows of their powers, she probably tried making her own or perhaps it became inherent if she did not teach Hagoromo and Hamura of the Paths.

Toneri exhibited several techniques that are Sage of 6 Paths level.
We know that Hamura is also a Sage of 6 Paths as he made it possible to build the moon and its inhabitants.
He also carries the Moon Seal of Hagoromo (Yin) so it wouldn't be farfetched.

Tenseigan seem to be able to use the Petra Path as Toneri began absorbing the sun's energy/chakra and popcorning himself
He seem to also use Asura Path as he augmented his Truth Seeking Orb to be used as a glowing sword as well as taking in the byakugans into himself
As well as using Animal Path for summoning the flaming teenage ninja turtle golem
His recovery is probably using Nekara Path (although not healing his eyes for atonement).
He hijacks Hinata's mind and peeked through it using Human Path
Unsure if there was a point where he used Deva Path. Maybe when he was floating on Earth? Need to rewatch it to confirm but too lazy.

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
799💸
Kumi
397💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Interesting analysis. I'd like to add an extra layer to you're initial proposition that would better perfect this theory in the grand scheme of things.
It is energy that is everywhere in the universe.
However, Sages are intelligent creatures or personification of forces of nature (which is technically chakra) with high amount of chakra.
Energy exists on all things and the matter we physically percept are comprised of physical energy hence Chakra as we know it is likely an intangible energy that enables the castors to produce magical results like ninjutsu, illusions and taijutsu. However even physical energy is elementally something that we can't perpetually percept or physically interact with for extended periods of time ie., fire is a physical energy type but we can't feel it's material presence consistently like we could accomplish with a square spike of ice. Hence we approach the fact that the energy ie., chakra can't be consistently physically felt, hence there exists a room of sorts that reroutes the energy the instance we lose contact with it.

Hence this implicitly implicates that chakra likely possesses a room dimension that reroutes it so that some form of consistency could be applied to it's manifestation. It's likely that a significant fragment of the dimensions that spiritually or physically exist in the universe are literally gargantuan reroute faciliating prototypes like I've exemplified in that analogy.

Sages are likely intelligence creatures like you've exemplified but personification of forces of nature? Like how did you approach that conclusion? In my opinion, sages are physical entities that approach spiritual enlightenment via intelligence, obliteration of ignorance, a assimilation of natural and biological knowledge to explicitly circumvent the ill will, and cyclical suffering that the significant populace are perpetually constrained by, that and they tap into the ethereal vibrations that resonate throughout the globe to attain access to the divine, and by that they could hopefully revitalize themselves spiritually and thier aging physique that's constantly subjected to the constraints of time, to finally approach peace and immortality and arguably materialize thier desires and good will in the earthly world realm like you've alluded at. My proposition coincides with yours in the fact that a form of supernatural personification transpires in either case, that's likely why seasoned perfect sages exudes gargantuan chakras, to manifest thier good will (fighting apparently for the application of it via battling gargantuan opposition that signifies the vicious monstrosity that they gotta battle like all day as it pertains to battle simulations), and desires (to envision the world a perfect place like Minato, Jiraiya and Naruto) perfect sages, sufficiently desired.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Energy exists on all things and the matter we physically percept are comprised of physical energy hence Chakra as we know it is likely an intangible energy that enables the castors to produce magical results like ninjutsu, illusions and taijutsu. However even physical energy is elementally something that we can't perpetually percept or physically interact with for extended periods of time ie., fire is a physical energy type but we can't feel it's material presence consistently like we could accomplish with a square spike of ice. Hence we approach the fact that the energy ie., chakra can't be consistently physically felt, hence there exists a room of sorts that reroutes the energy the instance we lose contact with it.
yes, exactly. The intangible and tangible are 2 separate things that were able to coexist. The nonexistent exists but outside of reality. It is merely the process where one thing is moved to the next. Similar to Obito's Kamui powers.

Everything is melded together. It is simply that the knowledge to interact with them is not known therefore manipulation of any kind is impossible until the necessary requirements are achieved (mind + body. Chakra + physical energy, etc.)

I think that this goes well with the concept of Jougan. An eye that can see through these dimensions rather than blindly jumping in.

Hence this implicitly implicates that chakra likely possesses a room dimension that reroutes it so that some form of consistency could be applied to it's manifestation. It's likely that a significant fragment of the dimensions that spiritually or physically exist in the universe are literally gargantuan reroute faciliating prototypes like I've exemplified in that analogy.
This is like as if our existence are just an endless hallway with multiple rooms. We need the eyes to see where we are going and we need the body to be able to move around it. Each room is a different dimension/reality. Taking one thing from the room and moving it to the next room would basically be the principle of ninjutsu. To imagine and be able to process it and be able to manipulate and manifest it into the current world.

personification of forces of nature?
The basis for this is history. Our polytheist religion were based off of recognizing the power of nature and applying it to a person or object to understand it or make it relatable.
Shinto religion is such religion which uses aspects of nature as gods. This is most likely where the Animal Sages came from.
Orochi snake has a legend derived from the river is an example of this.

Such myths came from natural phenomena and I believe that the creation of Sages from chakra came from this. Free floating chakra that amassed more chakra over time then started to group and gain sentience and thus physical form. Similar to the creation of myths.

Just take the Juubi for example. The Juubi is pure chakra and yet once it is outside its vessel, it creates its own physical form (as shown from Kaguya's splitting into chakra and vessel: Juubi and Gedo Mazou, respectively).

This is why I gave 2 POSSIBLE ways for a Sage to emerge.
1: Chakra coming into existence.
2: Absorption and Consumption of chakra transcends a living being into a higher plane of existence.

So basically 2 routes: Yin and Yang.

One is out of imagination (Yin)
Two is having already existing but evolving (Yang)

They fit the theme so far.

In my opinion, sages are physical entities that approach spiritual enlightenment via intelligence, obliteration of ignorance, a assimilation of natural and biological knowledge to explicitly circumvent the ill will, and cyclical suffering that the significant populace are perpetually constrained by, that and they tap into the ethereal vibrations that resonate throughout the globe to attain access to the divine, and by that they could hopefully revitalize themselves spiritually and thier aging physique that's constantly subjected to the constraints of time, to finally approach peace and immortality and arguably materialize thier desires and good will in the earthly world realm like you've alluded at
This certainly fits the latter. Sages are a type of evolution. Something that already have sentience rather than being simply a force.

But there is power in imagination. One can bring forth anything from that place. It wouldn't just be force, energy, idea, or anything of the sort. It is possible to bring a living and thinking being. People can be conjured and even bigger than that such as societies, civilizations, etc.

So a Sage can definitely will itself into existence if it had the necessary power to do so and chakra is power.

Reactions: Uverdore9

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But wouldn't that limit the Otsutsuki species to just six people?
Who's to say that there aren't any more Sages of Paths out there? Maybe there are only 6 Paths but there are many users of them as well.
So this could mean that their species travel in packs of 3 pairs. Or at least that is one of their group.

But it wouldn't be surprising if the Otsutsuki are just down to 6 people. I mean they are immortal and powerful race.
Although I do not think that to be true as Kinshiki stated that he has family or a predecessor. So there are more of them.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who's to say that there aren't any more Sages of Paths out there? Maybe there are only 6 Paths but there are many users of them as well.
So this could mean that their species travel in packs of 3 pairs. Or at least that is one of their group.

But it wouldn't be surprising if the Otsutsuki are just down to 6 people. I mean they are immortal and powerful race.
Although I do not think that to be true as Kinshiki stated that he has family or a predecessor. So there are more of them.
Are they truly immortal or just have lots of energy for healing?

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are they truly immortal or just have lots of energy for healing?
Good question. Maybe the latter since Hagoromo and Hamura passed away. Maybe they ran out of energy or just chose to be spirits? I think it is the former and they truly did pass away due to old age.
Basically like Tsunade? They just steal other people's energy to remain eternally youthful rather than pure godlike immortality

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good question. Maybe the latter since Hagoromo and Hamura passed away. Maybe they ran out of energy or just chose to be spirits? I think it is the former and they truly did pass away due to old age.
Basically like Tsunade? They just steal other people's energy to remain eternally youthful rather than pure godlike immortality
Yeah, that makes more sense.

Also because they wouldn't need chakra fruits if they were truly immortal.

On the other hand, Momoshiki knowing Kaguya suggests they live a really long time

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, that makes more sense.

Also because they wouldn't need chakra fruits if they were truly immortal.

On the other hand, Momoshiki knowing Kaguya suggests they live a really long time
Well they do eat chakra fruit and pills all the time so they are immortal. The difference between them and Hamura and Hagoromo is that the latter 2 chose not to devour other people

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well they do eat chakra fruit and pills all the time so they are immortal. The difference between them and Hamura and Hagoromo is that the latter 2 chose not to devour other people
Isn't that just to power up their healing?

Also, if they were immortal, why would they need to devour their parents to grow stronger? Couldn't they just do simple training?

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't that just to power up their healing?

Also, if they were immortal, why would they need to devour their parents to grow stronger?
no clue. It certainly is tied to their immortality.
Also not sure whether or not they devour their own parents.
I know that they do on other affinities like Kinshiki (Yang) being eaten by Momoshiki (Yin) to transcend.

Maybe transcending is a taboo for them and only can be used for emergency.

We also do not know what would happen if they were left alone as transcendent being. Would they go back to RS level if they deplete the added chakra of the chakra fruit or is it a permanent thing? If it is, is the chakra demand going to be greater and they would need to harvest more to eat more to sustain the demands of being a transcendent being? Or is it a one time thing and you just need to eat the chakra fruit.

Based on Kaguya, she seemed to have lived long and ruled Earth in a very benevolent way until Hagoromo's and Hamura's adulthood. So I think that it wouldn't be the case where she would need to eat more.

I think it is a taboo thing to do. Which begs to question, what did the Otsutsuki face that needed Kinshiki's predecessor have to do that sacrifice?

As for training, they are aliens and they use Paths, or a Path. For example, most of what Momoshiki was using was Preta Path. All he did was absorb chakra and reflect it back to them.

Isshiki seem to do Deva Path. He can manipulate sizes of things and even store them to send them out for later use.
Kaguya seem to do Asura Path since she can use the bone technique, but that's speculation on my part.
Kinshiki could have used Naraka Path when he sacrificed himself and turned himself into a chakra fruit to be absorbed by Momoshiki through Preta Path.

Again, these are my speculation for the aliens' powers/paths.

Couldn't they just do simple training?
They probably have peaked a long time ago. Also if their paths are unique, then perhaps it is something that cannot be trained but only boosted. Also they are so powerful that they probably had no need to.

Remember Momoshiki's attitude towards Naruto and Sasuke when he crashed the test? It was the same attitude as Boruto had about the tournament. He just relied on the ninja tech to boost his ninja prowess.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
no clue. It certainly is tied to their immortality.
Also not sure whether or not they devour their own parents.
I know that they do on other affinities like Kinshiki (Yang) being eaten by Momoshiki (Yin) to transcend.

Maybe transcending is a taboo for them and only can be used for emergency.

We also do not know what would happen if they were left alone as transcendent being. Would they go back to RS level if they deplete the added chakra of the chakra fruit or is it a permanent thing? If it is, is the chakra demand going to be greater and they would need to harvest more to eat more to sustain the demands of being a transcendent being? Or is it a one time thing and you just need to eat the chakra fruit.

Based on Kaguya, she seemed to have lived long and ruled Earth in a very benevolent way until Hagoromo's and Hamura's adulthood. So I think that it wouldn't be the case where she would need to eat more.

I think it is a taboo thing to do. Which begs to question, what did the Otsutsuki face that needed Kinshiki's predecessor have to do that sacrifice?

As for training, they are aliens and they use Paths, or a Path. For example, most of what Momoshiki was using was Preta Path. All he did was absorb chakra and reflect it back to them.

Isshiki seem to do Deva Path. He can manipulate sizes of things and even store them to send them out for later use.
Kaguya seem to do Asura Path since she can use the bone technique, but that's speculation on my part.
Kinshiki could have used Naraka Path when he sacrificed himself and turned himself into a chakra fruit to be absorbed by Momoshiki through Preta Path.

Again, these are my speculation for the aliens' powers/paths.

They probably have peaked a long time ago. Also if their paths are unique, then perhaps it is something that cannot be trained but only boosted. Also they are so powerful that they probably had no need to.

Remember Momoshiki's attitude towards Naruto and Sasuke when he crashed the test? It was the same attitude as Boruto had about the tournament. He just relied on the ninja tech to boost his ninja prowess.
Another thing about them is that they never speak of an upper limit to their power.

Like, remember how Obito couldn't handle the Ten Tails power inside him? Likewise many fodder died from eating the flesh of Gyuki, as his power was too great.

So i wonder why the Otsutsuki don't seem to have a limit in terms of the power they can consume and control.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So i wonder why the Otsutsuki don't seem to have a limit in terms of the power they can consume and control.
Perhaps they do. That could possibly the reason why Momoshiki eats pills and seem to be cross when he had to eat Kinshiki (well, eating his comrade is also the case there).

We know that Toneri started popcorning when he started to absorb the sun's energy. Same principle applies to SM where Jiraiya becomes partially a toad due to the imbalanced of the chakras.

I think they just pace themselves with the demands of their body. If they need to fight, they tend to eat more. If not, they eat less. Only to supply their body to keep it full at all times.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Perhaps they do. That could possibly the reason why Momoshiki eats pills and seem to be cross when he had to eat Kinshiki (well, eating his comrade is also the case there).

We know that Toneri started popcorning when he started to absorb the sun's energy. Same principle applies to SM where Jiraiya becomes partially a toad due to the imbalanced of the chakras.

I think they just pace themselves with the demands of their body. If they need to fight, they tend to eat more. If not, they eat less. Only to supply their body to keep it full at all times.
You'd expect that to have been mentioned as an option in fighting them.

That is, to shoot them with the energy gathered from the sun or the chakra of all people or something like that. Not to say it would be enough, but just as a possibility

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You'd expect that to have been mentioned as an option in fighting them.

That is, to shoot them with the energy gathered from the sun or the chakra of all people or something like that. Not to say it would be enough, but just as a possibility
Or that land of thunder chakra cannon

You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Infant

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It'd be epic if the other Otsutsuki came around and they were greeted with that.
Although IDK what Toneri is going to keep an eye out with being blind and all.
Honestly, IDG why he chose that as penance. I mean I get Sasuke but that's because it is only one arm and significantly symbolic but Toneri's eyes and keeping watch for the Otsutsuki? He must have complete trust on his ability to perceive evil intent from long range.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It'd be epic if the other Otsutsuki came around and they were greeted with that.
Although IDK what Toneri is going to keep an eye out with being blind and all.
Honestly, IDG why he chose that as penance. I mean I get Sasuke but that's because it is only one arm and significantly symbolic but Toneri's eyes and keeping watch for the Otsutsuki? He must have complete trust on his ability to perceive evil intent from long range.
Or training others to keep an eye out?