Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Today two bombs exploded in the metro of St. Petersburg, Russia. As for now, medias are talking about 10 dead and 50 injured.
The most plausible hypothesis seems to be that this attack represents a reaction from jihadi militants to the large Russian military action in Syria against Isis, hypothesis that is strengthened by the fact that numerous foreign fighters who joined Isis are originally from the Russian part of Caucasus and ex soviet central Asiatic countries.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The most plausible hypothesis seems to be that this attack represents a reaction from jihadi militants to the large Russian military action in Syria against Isis, hypothesis that is strengthened by the fact that numerous foreign fighters who joined Isis are originally from the Russian part of Caucasus and ex soviet central Asiatic countries.
:wut: Where'd you get this from?

Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do we blame muslims again without confirmation or was it confirmed
Blame Muslims? Have you ever heard of a thing called strawman fallacy?

:wut: Where'd you get this from?
Medias in my country are all about this. There are reporters in SPB, as well as others who are quoting RIA Novosti quite extensively.

Reactions: Mari Makinami

Lyke

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Medias in my country are all about this. There are reporters in SPB, as well as others who are quoting RIA Novosti quite extensively.
Nah bro I havent but I didnt blame you with my post

Last edited by a moderator:

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, here in SPb there are simply news reports about the explosions, no theories on who's done it yet.

I can't imagine what the 90s would be like if media coverage back then was the same as now.

Wave.

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You still didn't answer the question. Where did you get this? Must be working for the government to know ahead of the others.

Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, here in SPb there are simply news reports about the explosions, no theories on who's done it yet.

I can't imagine what the 90s would be like if media coverage back then was the same as now.
Regardless of this, feel free to inform us when more detailed informations will be available in your country

You still didn't answer the question. Where did you get this? Must be working for the government to know ahead of the others.
I actually did when I talked about my country's medias. I'm not claiming to know ahead of anybody, all I'm saying is that I've heard from the medias that, speculating on possible causes of the fact, the jihadist hypothesis seems to be the most probable for now. They supported this by saying that Russia is conducting massive military action against Isis, that several Russian foreign fighters are originally from northern Caucasus or Central Asia and that Russia has been plagued by Islamic terrorism in the past. All of these three are absolutely true, and you don't need to work for any government to know about this.
At the end of the day you're attacking a strawman as well.

Mari Makinami

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Today two bombs exploded in the metro of St. Petersburg, Russia. As for now, medias are talking about 10 dead and 50 injured.
That's a bit scary, I used to travel via this line of metro daily back when I was a student.

Also, another bomb was found and defused a few stations away shortly after the explosion, so I guess it's safe to say that it was no suicide bomber.

У вас действительно закрыли метро? У нас, в Москве, все станции кишат полицией.

Reactions: Deadlift

Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's a bit scary, I used to travel via this line of metro daily back when I was a student.

Also, another bomb was found and defused a few stations away shortly after the explosion, so I guess it's safe to say that it was no suicide bomber.
]
No, it seems almost certain that this wasn't a suicide bombing. Apparently they left the bombs in packages under the seats, probably pretending to forget them when they left

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah, I see. I was on my way home when I asked, so I couldn't access any news sources properly. Anyway, my condolences.
Oh, they're fine. Just stuck in traffic jams. My father just got home by train with no problems though.

By the way, still no news on who did this. Just that the bomb that was disarmed was made out of a fire extinguisher.

Edit: ok now they're looking for two suspects.

Last edited: