Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saito appears before the young samurai in training he scans him but isn't able to make any assumptions as of now he plans to asses his sword skills

You come to me to learn samurai skills. But first you must show your knowledge of basic sword techniques. Do you have prior kenjutsu training?

Saito waits for the student's response

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Upon the arrival of his sensei Yuuki would proceed to bow, lowering hinself out of respect. "Yuuki Tenpouin." As he rises he would size up his sensei and proceed to respond to the question. "I have no formal training, my blade has only been sharpened by my own experience."

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Upon the arrival of his sensei Yuuki would proceed to bow, lowering hinself out of respect. "Yuuki Tenpouin." As he rises he would size up his sensei and proceed to respond to the question. "I have no formal training, my blade has only been sharpened by my own experience."
Saito was surprised but excited. This meant he was going to be able to start with the basics. To first get him to learn the way of the samurai he before teaching him sword tech.

You own experience eh? Then tell me what are the 9 cardinal slashes that can be made with a sword? Once you correctly answer I will have you practice those swings on this dummy

Saito points to the dummy short range to his right before waiting for the student's answer

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saito was surprised but excited. This meant he was going to be able to start with the basics. To first get him to learn the way of the samurai he before teaching him sword tech.

You own experience eh? Then tell me what are the 9 cardinal slashes that can be made with a sword? Once you correctly answer I will have you practice those swings on this dummy

Saito points to the dummy short range to his right before waiting for the student's answer
"Well, I may be wrong, but I believe the sword slashes are diagonal, vertical, horizontal, and jabs. Diagonal and Vertical having two slashes each. Left to right, right to left, up down, down up. The jab is simply a thrust. Diagonal slashes would have 4 basic methods, top left to bottom right, top right to bottom left, bottom left to top right, and bottom right to top left."

Whilst explaining Yuuki would be demonstrating each slash with his wooden Tsurugi sword, slashing away at the air.

"Am I correct?"

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Well, I may be wrong, but I believe the sword slashes are diagonal, vertical, horizontal, and jabs. Diagonal and Vertical having two slashes each. Left to right, right to left, up down, down up. The jab is simply a thrust. Diagonal slashes would have 4 basic methods, top left to bottom right, top right to bottom left, bottom left to top right, and bottom right to top left."

Whilst explaining Yuuki would be demonstrating each slash with his wooden Tsurugi sword, slashing away at the air.

"Am I correct?"
Saito was pleased with his answer. He could see great potential in this student. Having no techniques down but is able to give a excellent explanation showed promise. Saito went to acknowledge the student.

That is correct. Just to add the thrust would be the most powerful strikes out of all of them if successfully landed but it also leave the swordsman vulnerable to a multitude of strikes if they arent careful. Also great demonstration.

Saito would want to test his Knowlege some more and ask a couple more questions.

Okay next couple of Questions: First, what is the difference between a two handed and a one handed swing of your sword. Second what are the 5 basic kenjutsu stances? Once you have answered these questions then we will begin taking on samurai techniques and implement how these sword swings, sword handling, and sword stances matter in each technique.

Saito then waited for the Students response once again. He was optimistic about the outcome of this training.

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saito was pleased with his answer. He could see great potential in this student. Having no techniques down but is able to give a excellent explanation showed promise. Saito went to acknowledge the student.

That is correct. Just to add the thrust would be the most powerful strikes out of all of them if successfully landed but it also leave the swordsman vulnerable to a multitude of strikes if they arent careful. Also great demonstration.

Saito would want to test his Knowlege some more and ask a couple more questions.

Okay next couple of Questions: First, what is the difference between a two handed and a one handed swing of your sword. Second what are the 5 basic kenjutsu stances? Once you have answered these questions then we will begin taking on samurai techniques and implement how these sword swings, sword handling, and sword stances matter in each technique.

Saito then waited for the Students response once again. He was optimistic about the outcome of this training.
"A two handed swing is more powerful, however it limits movement. A single handed swing is weaker but it allows more movement. The stances I am not sure about. One with the sword lowered and pointing towards the ground behind you. Another with the sword vertically raised from chest level. A third with the sword held horizontally and above the head. A fourth one could holding the sword horizontally to your side. All those require the sword to be held with two hands. A single handed stance could be one in which the position of the sword is less important, this would be because of the presence of a shield or even another sword for two handed wielding."

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saito was happy with the response. It showed that the student was putting much thought into Kenjutsu. However, it wasnt the answer he was looking for. It was okay since he didnt expect the student to know all the answers. Saito explained.

When it comes to the difference between a two handed strike and one handed strikes, you answered it partially correct. You were correct when it comes to power. The Two-handed swing has more power and it limits movement but also it isnt swift. The One-handed swing is faster and more adaptable when it comes to advanced swordplay but it is less powerful. For single katana users they retain full power of a strike while on the contrary duel wielding swordsman have greater speed in their strikes but it would most likely take more strikes between the two swords.

Saito then draws his sword and take different stances while explaining them.

there are five different stances. I dont expect you to remember the names but i will show you each stance while explaining.

this is chudan no kamae. This stance is usually the most basic of kenjutsu. with this stance you are evenly guarded from all angles and it also allows you to strike from all angles with equal difficulty.
You must be registered for see images

The next stance is the Gedan no Kamae. this stance is a lowered sword stance is usually used to deflect or attack in an upwards direction you could also use upward diagonal strike. and depending on which foot you are leading with you could make a lateral swing as well.

The next stance is the Hasso no Kamae stance. this stance is usually used to either deflect or attack from above. your swing is usually a two handed downward vertical or diagonal swing and depending on the foot you are leading with it could come from your left or your right.

The Next stance is the Jodan no Kamae stance. this stance is with the sword is over your head is used more for offense than defense but that doesnt mean that defense is impossible with this stance. the swing would also be coming down but the range and power of the strike is increased compared to the Hasso no Kamae stance, but it also leaves you more open to strikes from the opponent with greater speed.

the final stance is the Waki no Kamae stance. The Waki no Kamae stance is my favorite stance. It is usually used for defensive purposes but with great skill you could be used for offensive purposes as well. this stance is used to prepare for an upward vertical or diagonal strike as well as a lateral swing. It's also used to keep the length of your sword hidden which could be vital depending if you are using a standard katana or a Nodachi which is a sword with a longer range.

Do you have any comments, questions, concerns?

Saito sheathed his blade after demonstrating the different stances to the student and waited for the student's response.

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As his sensei went over the descriptions of the stances Yuuki would proceed to imitate the stances, trying his best to get them accurate and right.

"No questions yet."

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As his sensei went over the descriptions of the stances Yuuki would proceed to imitate the stances, trying his best to get them accurate and right.

"No questions yet."
Saito was satisfied at the student trying to practice the stances and understand their function. Saito felt that it was time to teach him some samurai techniques .

alright then we will start with some samurai techniques. I will present a technique one at a time. When i present the technique i would like you to tell me the advantages and disadvantages of this technqiue. Then i would like you to perform the technique. I would want you to tell me every action that is needed to be done to perform the technique.

Usually i would start with the lower ranked techniques but because most samurai techniques require the Samurai Sabre technique, I will want you to learn that technique first in order to properly execute the other techniques i will be teaching you.

Saito drew his katana and held it up with his hand before coating the Katana with chakra visible to the naked eye. Saito turned to a tree nearby before making a one handed downward diagonal swing of his sword to release the chakra from the katana and cut down the tree.

I want you to perform the Samurai Sabre technique.

(Samurai Guntou no Jutsu) Samurai Sabre Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This technique is unique to samurai, which employs the concept of chakra flow techniques similar to the flying sparrow and Kusanagi: Chidori katana. Through the use of chakra flow the user channels their chakra through their swords his extends the reach and the cutting ability of the blade, and also allows the user to fire crescents of chakra whenever the blade is swung. This released chakra is capable of great destruction as shown from how it destroyed a stone pillar. The samurai have also shown the ability to use shape transformation, as they can form their chakra blades into giant buzz saws, broad swords, spiked shafts, and axes. This ability allows them to rely on smaller swords while retaining greater reach, damage, and surprise attacks as needed.(The technique is capable of countering Ninjutsu of A rank and below due to the chakra charge technique).
Note: Can only be taught and used by a Samurai Bio

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Silently observing his sensei and his course of action Yuuki would be taking notes. As his turn came Yuuki would be prepared for the technique. He would unsheathe his sword and begin channeling chakra through it. As he feels that enough chakra has been channeled through the blade he would get into the gedan no kamae stance and then swing the sword upwardst while releasing the previously built up chakra. The chakra would be released in the form of a crescent wave of condensed chakra.

"The technique is quite useful as it is capable of standing toe to toe with elemental techniques. It also adds more range to our style which enables us to cut down fleeing target. The fact that we can add shape manipulation to it makes it even better. I can not think of any immediate drawbacks. Perhaps a drawback could be that it only travels in a linear path. "

Last edited:

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Silently observing his sensei and his course of action Yuuki would be taking notes. As his turn came Yuuki would be prepared for the technique. He would unsheathe his sword and begin channeling chakra through it. As he feels that enough chakra has been channeled through the blade he would get into the gedan no kamae stance and then swing the sword upwardst while releasing the previously built up chakra. The chakra would be released in the form of a crescent wave of condensed chakra.

"The technique is quite useful as it is capable of standing toe to toe with elemental techniques. It also adds more range to our style which enables us to cut down fleeing target. The fact that we can add shape manipulation to it makes it even better. I can not think of any immediate drawbacks. Perhaps a drawback could be that it only travels in a linear path. "
Seeing his demonstration and listening to his response, Saito was very much satisfied with his student.

Good Job! Now that you have properly performed the Samurai Sabre technique, i will be able to teach you techniques that require the Samurai Sabre Technique.

Saito takes both hands on his swords and position it over his head. While in this position he channels raw chakra before swinging downward releasing the technique in the form of a projectile cresent blade that was significantly weaker than his previous technique towards the trunk of the tree he previously cut down.

This is the fracture strike. please perform this for me.

(Kossetsu Ashige) - Fracture Strike
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user will draw their sword and release a pressurised cresent blade of chakra at the target causing them to be hit with a strong force of chakra.(The technique is capable of countering Ninjutsu B rank and below due to the chakra charge)
Note: Can only be used by samurai biographies
Note: Usable only 3 times per battle

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Once agian he would watch his sensei perfrom the technique and when it became his turn he would take the jodan no kamae stance. He would behin channeling chakra through his blade then when sufficient he would swing downwards, releasing the chakra. The chakra would take the form of a pressurized crescent blade.

"Very similar to the our Sabre Technique however it's weaker in power and demands a more specific stance while the sabre technique grants us some leniency as to how we strike."

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Once agian he would watch his sensei perfrom the technique and when it became his turn he would take the jodan no kamae stance. He would behin channeling chakra through his blade then when sufficient he would swing downwards, releasing the chakra. The chakra would take the form of a pressurized crescent blade.

"Very similar to the our Sabre Technique however it's weaker in power and demands a more specific stance while the sabre technique grants us some leniency as to how we strike."
Saito was pleased with the response and the execution of the technique. He knew that it was more the ready for the next technique. The technique is gonna be taken to the next level and Saito felt that it was time to teach the student another one of our hidden techniques. the Iado. Saito then got into proper stance while doing so he demonstrated the technique giving the student step by step instructions.

For the next step in our training. I will be teaching you techniques that involves the Iado, or The quick-draw and Re-sheath technique. The stance to take is one that resembles the Waki no Kamae stance but instead of starting the stance with the sword drawn your Sword should be in the scabbard. With precise timing you use the thumb of the hand that is placed on the Scabbard and the guard of your Katana to push the against the guard just enough to unlock it. You use the hand that you have hovered over the handle to quickdraw swing just as the katana is unlocked from the scabbard. After you swing you then slide your Katana back into the scabbard, or Re-sheath it.

Iaidō) - Art of Quick Draw and re-sheathing the sword
Type: Offensive, Defensive
Range: Short
Description: Iaidō is a form of kenjutsu where the user quick draws the blade extremely fast to strike, then re-sheathing it. This method prevents enemies from using hand seals, thus preventing them from using Ninjutsu making it highly effective against enemy ninja. General Mifune of the Land of Iron is a master of this style, making him highly effective against even ninja of caliber of Sasuke Uchiha and Hanzō the Salamander. (The speed of the technique is equivilant to that of the rank of the user)
Note: Can only be used by Samurai biographies

As Saito resheath his Katana he directs his student.

I want you to practice your Iado. This technique requires repetition to master so i want you to perform this technique 3 times to make sure you have it correctly.

Saito then waits and watches his student perform the technique

Last edited:

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yuuki intently observed and listened to the actions and words of his sensei. Upon being instructed he quietly nods, and proceeds to take a few step back and take the Waki No Kame stance, but with his sword sheathed, as instructed. Yuuki's initial try ends in a failure, mainly due to him attempting to directly imitate what his sensei did. Yuuki reasoned that the reason for his failure was the overall difference in style between himself and his teacher. He lacked the strength and speed present within his sensei, in addition to the experience. As such, Yuuki would approach the technique at his own pace, slowly but surely getting the method of the technique. Soon enough Yuuki would be able to perform the technique in adequate fashion. Yuuki's method of using Iaido was somewhat different to his teacher's. Instead of only using his thumb and hand to deliver the sword strike, he incorporated some movement into it, specifically hip movement.

Yuuki would proceed to demonstrate the technique to his sensei. He would grab a lone leaf and throw it into the air in front of him. Then, with great accuracy and speed Yuuki would slash towards the leaf, each time hitting it two times. In the end the sword could be heard being sheathed/unsheathed 3 times each. The leaf would fall onto the ground in multiple pieces. After the sequence Yuuki would be slightly panting.

"Good?"

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well done! For the next technique you will first invoke the samurai sabre technique. you will then go to the dummy and strike it with the samurai sabre technique still channeled to your blade. with great skill you could also use this technique to counter focused attacks approaching you.

Saito points towards the dummy in the distant as he directed him to perform the next technique

( Hadan no Jutsu ) - Rapture Technique
Description: After envoking the Samurai Saber technique to use the chakra flow and then the user swings their sword and strikes his/her opponent. ( The technique is capable of countering Ninjutsu B rank and below due to the chakra charge )
Note: Can only be used by Samurai Biographies.
Note: Usable only 3 times per battle.

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With a nod Yuuki makes his way towards the dummy. Once in range, he would enter a chudan no kamae stance and begin to channel chakra into his sword, utilising it to activate the samurai saber technique, following that he would perform a downwards horizontal strike starting from the left side of the dummy.

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good job. Now we are going to go back to the Iado techniques. with this next technique is going to require a quickdrawing two handed falling vertical swing of the sword followed by resheathing. perform this technique.

As Saito explained the technique he slowly mimic the drawing of his blade the two handed falling vertical swing of the sword, the swinging the blood off the sword and the resheath into the scabbard to give his student a visual of how to perform the technique.

when you feel confident in your technique, go to the next dummy and cut it down the middle with it.

( Iaigiri ) - Iai Beheading Technique
Description: The user, using the art of Iaido to quickly draw their katana, will then uses both hands to create a downward slash, thus cutting the opponent. This jutsu was strong enough to cut Hanzo's salamander Ibuse head clean open. ( The speed of the technique depends upon the users rank meaning the higher the rank the quicker the user can perform the technique )
Note: Can only be used by Samurai biographies

Ester

Regular
Kin
822💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
'Seems simple enough.'

After observing his sensei perform the technique, Yuuki would spring into action, mirroring his sensei's movements and delivering a downwards horizontal slash towards the dummy, cutting it completely in half, then resheathing the sword. The manoeuvre was performed quite quickly, mainly due to the utilisation of the Iaido method. Yuuki was slowly getting more and more used to the stances and alternating between them.

Wakizashi

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
good job! know we are going to go into the more advanced Iajutsu! These Iajutsu is going to incorporate speed, accuracy, strength!. For the first technique, you would pass the opponent with a quick dash in unison with your quickdraw slash to the opponent. Afterward, you would sheath you blade which is when the affect of the slash would take place.

For the second technique you would wind your body while preparing for the quickdraw slash. As you would quickdraw the blade you would turn just your torso or your entire body at high speed. This execution will allow you to be able to slash multiple targets surrounding you.

Saito slowly demonstrated the iajutsu while explaining the forms needed to perform effectively. He watches as his student performs the technique.

( Yōjinbō ) – Dance Blade Risk
Description: The user performs a quick dash towards his opponent, and by using the art of Iaido to quickly draw and slashing their opponent and quickly passing them. The opponent only feels the damage as the user sheaths their sword.
Note: Requires Iaido

( Zettai Tōroku ) - Absolute Inscription
Type: Attack
Description: The user quickly draws his sword, slashing everything around himself and is capable of attacking multiple opponents with quick speeds.
Note: Must have first learnt Iaido.