inoyamanaka98

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi you guys I was thinking about creating a fanfiction yet the thing is that I'm not very good at making stories so I was wondering if you can give me some suggestions on how to do so.

Last edited:

Kαmi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Write about you favorite character and the path you would have liked to see him or her go with extreme detail and an antagonist who matches up with the character's personality. Or your favorite character being a dominant antagonist who defeats the protagonist.

Reactions: inoyamanaka98

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As long as it's an interesting premise (whether it's a "what if" situation or original story with your own characters), you're sure to get some readers:) Make sure you plan out everything beforehand so you don't get stuck midway. And be sure to use correct grammar, too. Kind of a buzzkill reading when there's mistakes all over the place;) lol

Cam

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here's an idea of what I normally do, think about yourself and what you would like to do, become, go, discover etc. and create a character and story from there.

For example, let's say you always wanted to be a shapeshifter and what you can do with your powers i.e. steal from a bank. Bingo you got a character and a sub-plot, now work around the plot to develop it, create a detective that works on the case to stop you. You will have this at the back of your mind anyway "what if I will get caught?" etc.

Keep thinking of yourself and what you will do in that situation and who you would like to meet on your journey and you will progress and change along the way.

Sot6p

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi's story would be interesting. But you'd need to create the world

Also, you could make... let's see....
What if Hiruzen died on the 3rd war and Danzou took over?
What if Naruto and peers were trained under him?

Erm...
That ok?
Or what if Naruto & peers graduated earlier because of the massacre? (you know, it killed a bunch of ninjas. Replacement would happen)

Including darker themes would give the story a nice touch. Drugs, because ninjas are always under extreme pressure. Politics, because corruption should be there as well. Slavery, because why not? Dirty Missions(assassinate people to sell protection, things like that)

Don't write a Mary Sue, be careful with important character being one dimensional and...
don't make Naruto need explaining multiple times!
This would be fine in the format of a manga or anime, but don't do this on a fiction. Having to read the same thing repeatedly is incredibly annoying for the reader. Make him stupid in another way... like clumsy
Reading the same thing multiple times makes me want to punch the monitor. Kishimoto does that because he's explaining things to kids, you really don't have to do the same...

Readers should see the emotional development of the characters. Writing about the main character doing everything without even thinking twice about it is a bit too much.

That, of course, is about Naruto.
Since you didn't exactly specify...

Last edited: