Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So yeah what is your favorite shaft studio anime ? Here's a quick list for those who don't know about the titles in it

Monogatari Series
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Nisekoi Series
Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei Series
Mekakucity Actors
Arakawa Under the Bridge Series
ef Series
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Maria Holic Series
Rec
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
He is My Master
Negima!?
Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase
Koufuku Graffiti
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
Pani Poni Dash!
Mahoromatic Series
And Yet The Town Moves
Kino's Journey Movie
Summer Storm
Sakura Diaries

Imo Arakawa under the bridge is the best
[video=youtube_share;Yswoe_RnJXQ]https://youtu.be/Yswoe_RnJXQ[/video]

Arima

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol, I watched only 2 from the list - Nisekoi and Arakawa.

I really liked Arakawa Under the Bridge, but it's pretty hard to get into it tho, since the story is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
since the story is ridiculous.
:lol thats what makes it a masterpiece though, the story is just too weird yet entertaining.

But I think you should give bakemonogatari a try, it's quite decent but the other Monogatari parts are just meh

Amd yeah I haven't seen many of tbose either, I only know 7 of those titles

Last edited:

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
None... i watched some of their anime like Madoka,Mawaru penguindrum and Negima,
to be honest i dont like their style it kinda turns me off and i can never get used to it,

But then again that style is their identity and i respect that unlike a certain studio who pretty much just outsource most of their animators and staff which make their anime adaption lacks the THE FEEL regardless how much money the throw into it.

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I've only seen Nisekoi (last week actually) and the animation was good. They had some weird effects added to it though, is that the 'style' of Shaft?
The weird effects you are referring to mostly appear in action scenes

And Well shaft style is identified by more than one thing like their focus on the background durning speechs/poses/stylized action animations but the most obvious is the dialogue based story presentation , by this I mean that they foucus on the conversation of the characters and fill the the screen with fast moving texts that drop hints/foreshadowing phases that relate to the story or the characters . In a shaft anime one would except to look at the subtitles majority of the time instead of the actual animation and that is because it very text because hence there are little to no movements in instants where there should be.

You must be registered for see images

And of course there's the famous shaft head tilt^^^

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The weird effects you are referring to mostly appear in action scenes

And Well shaft style is identified by more than one thing like their focus on the background durning speechs/poses/stylized action animations but the most obvious is the dialogue based story presentation , by this I mean that they foucus on the conversation of the characters and fill the the screen with fast moving texts that drop hints/foreshadowing phases that relate to the story or the characters . In a shaft anime one would except to look at the subtitles majority of the time instead of the actual animation and that is because it very text because hence there are little to no movements in instants where there should be.

You must be registered for see images

And of course there's the famous shaft head tilt^^^
Ah, makes sense.

I see a lot of people hating on it and a lot of people loving Shaft.

Chie

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Monogatari Series

Shaft is very unique, I enjoy their added effects and random turns revolving around dialogue-heavy anime since it makes conversations more bearable/engaging than they would be otherwise.