Studio Ghibli

Sporticus100

Member
107 posts 14 reactions
Joined
Feb 23, 2012
Messages
107
Reaction score
14
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
So I am super excited for the American release of Ni No Kuni (Studio Ghibli's video game ) in January, and I was wondering what some of your favorite Studio Ghibli films are? Or if you haven't been introduced to any yet.

Personally I view Miyazaki as one of, if not the, best animators of all time and the music by Joe Hisaishi that accompanies his films is among the most beautiful I have ever heard.

For me, Princess Mononoke, both in film and soundtrack stands out as my favorite. Spirited Away, of course, is right below that.

Thoughts? Discussion?
 

Yerrina

Member
450 posts 61 reactions
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
450
Reaction score
61
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I enjoyed most of his work, but Mononoke and Spirited take the lead :]
 

TheBlackDevil

Member
189 posts 62 reactions
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
62
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I grew up watching these films! I absolutely loved Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away; Howl's Moving Castle and Tales from Earthsea were good too. In any case, his works are genius!
 

Uchihahahaha

Member
231 posts 14 reactions
Joined
May 19, 2012
Messages
231
Reaction score
14
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I remember seeing the movie with the monsters, which I guess is Spirited Away. That was really imaginative.
 
Last edited:

Reckoner27

Member
58 posts 21 reactions
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
58
Reaction score
21
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
*big fan of studio ghibli/miyazaki/joe hisaishi work here!!!!*

-Princess mononoke
-Spirited away
-Howl's moving castle

and for the cuteness
TOTOROOOO!! ^^

can't wait to see his next movie coming out!!!
:3


P.S. ... the only one i didn't like that much was porco rosso.. though i was young when i watched it so maybe i would change my opinion on it... ^^
 

Wesobi

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
13,053 posts 639 reactions
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
13,053
Reaction score
639
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Moved to correct section.
 

Furtuna

Member
192 posts 25 reactions
Joined
Aug 19, 2010
Messages
192
Reaction score
25
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I like Sen no Chihiro the most~
Although it feels like the characters are advanced type of those which were used in the sky castle!
 

Nerei

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,916 posts 380 reactions
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
1,916
Reaction score
380
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I've only watched a few of their movies but I really love them

-Nausica of the Valley of the Wind
-Howl's moving Castle <3
-My neighbours the Yamada's

I'm really looking forward to this video game :)
 

Silico

Banned
Legendary
14,626 posts 1,665 reactions
Joined
May 26, 2012
Messages
14,626
Reaction score
1,665
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
My favourite film company makes a game? o_O
 

Fio

Member
4 posts 0 reactions
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
My favorite Studio Ghibli feature films

1. Porco Rosso
2. Kiki's Delivery Service
3. Howl's Moving Castle
4. Spirited Away
5. My Neighbor Totoro
6. Grave of the Fireflies
7. Whisper of the Heart
8. Laputa: Castle in the Sky
9. Pom Poko
10. My Neighbors the Yamadas
11. Ponyo
12. From Up On Poppy Hill
13. Princess Mononoke
14. Arrietty
15. Only Yesterday
17. Ocean Waves
18. Tales from Earthsea

I also love their short films and the pre-Ghibli films which were also produced by practically the same team! And yes, the video game! I played it but I can't keep on playing cause it was in Japanese.

Ghibli is amazing! And their music is always great.
 
Last edited:
Top