V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not really much of a improvement, Luffy would only need to extend Gear 4 use by mere seconds to beat Doflamingo, he is one blow away from victory.
Not sure on a seconds, since it's depending on how strong this last attack is and how much haki it uses up.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
It's Oda's powerscaling and Under-developed Haki concept. Suddenly after so much Haki information, there is the "He is using too much Haki" that was introduced in the last chapter, I don't understand why now?

And if this is where Luffy stands, then either doffy is really close in strength with the yonkou and his reaction to kaidou means jack or Luffy needs another timeskip or he will get an asspull with Haoshoku (Unlimited Haki lol).
Yeah, no. Haki isn't under-developed, we just haven't gotten all of the exposition about it. Oda revealing new information simply means we didn't know as much about Haki as we think we did, not that he's making up new things on the spot. Maybe it was revealed now because this is the first major fight where both fighters heavily use Haki?

People will seriously find anything to complain about these days.

saw2097

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not sure on a seconds, since it's depending on how strong this last attack is and how much haki it uses up.
I doubt Luffy can use Gear 4 in rapid succession, and considering Luffy only asked for 10 minutes I doubt he is planning anything big, so its likely that in Doflamingo's current condition, a good Gear 2 or 3 attack with some Haki will finish him.

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He said he needed it to fight the animals on the island, so yeah, no.
random animals= doffy or high level opponents ???

no man its not the same u kno ur so wrong when u say he is experienced. he doesnt have real world exp with it yet, using on opponents worthy would push him further and animals arent those worthy opponents. his g4 will improve and this will be as he uses it on opponents similar to other gears.

Last edited:

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

no man its not the same u kno ur so wrong when u say he is experienced. he doesnt have real world exp with it yet, using on opponents worthy would push him further and animals arent those worthy opponents. his g4 will improve and this will be as he uses it on opponents similar to other gears.
Beasts > Luffy without Haki, hence he made G4 while his Haki was in development

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Beasts > Luffy without Haki, hence he made G4 while his Haki was in development
Don't forget though, G4 requires a covering of haki, which isn't the easiest thing to do, so first he had to learn haki, then came G4 which means it was no way close to having developed it for a possible 24 months like someone has posted. Not to mention the fact that Luffy stated he can't "deflate" himself, this is obviously due to inexperience and I presume he will be ale to do so in the future.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't forget though, G4 requires a covering of haki, which isn't the easiest thing to do, so first he had to learn haki, then came G4 which means it was no way close to having developed it for a possible 24 months like someone has posted. Not to mention the fact that Luffy stated he can't "deflate" himself, this is obviously due to inexperience and I presume he will be ale to do so in the future.
Not necessarily, he just used Haki with G4...

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️

Luffy spent two years on the island. He spent a year and a half learning Haki, which means during that year and a half, he didn't have G4 since G4 works by controlling his retraction and propulsion through Haki. That means that after Rayleigh left and he was alone for 6 months, he had to fight the animals on the island, and Rayleigh said that at least 100 of them were stronger than Luffy. That means that after learning Haki, Luffy was left alone for 6 months on an island where at least 100 of the monster-sized animals were stronger than him. He said he needed G4 in order to fight the animals and survive on the island. That means that Luffy had and was using Gear 4 for at least 6 months to fight, as he would have to continuously fight the animals there in order to survive.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Luffy spent two years on the island. He spent a year and a half learning Haki, which means during that year and a half, he didn't have G4 since G4 works by controlling his retraction and propulsion through Haki. That means that after Rayleigh left and he was alone for 6 months, he had to fight the animals on the island, and Rayleigh said that at least 100 of them were stronger than Luffy. That means that after learning Haki, Luffy was left alone for 6 months on an island where at least 100 of the monster-sized animals were stronger than him. He said he needed G4 in order to fight the animals and survive on the island. That means that Luffy had and was using Gear 4 for at least 6 months to fight, as he would have to continuously fight the animals there in order to survive.
So he can do all these awesome new feats using the control he has of haki and a technique he has been working on for 6 months straight as you're making it sounds and yet he doesn't know how to stop G4 until the timer runs out... Sounds experienced to me.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
So he can do all these awesome new feats using the control he has of haki and a technique he has been working on for 6 months straight as you're making it sounds and yet he doesn't know how to stop G4 until the timer runs out... Sounds experienced to me.
What are you talking about? Why would he stop G4 before it runs out when he still needed it to do more damage to Doffy?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What are you talking about? Why would he stop G4 before it runs out when he still needed it to do more damage to Doffy?
I wasn't talking about him needing to stop it against Doffy, but after knocking him into the mountain, someone asks him why is he still bouncing around and "looks like that" (in G4 mode) and Luffy replies he has to wait for it to finish. So clearly you're overestimating how experienced he is in using Gear 4

Not necessarily, he just used Haki with G4...
Is G4 not based around using haki... I was under the impression hat it was.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I wasn't talking about him needing to stop it against Doffy, but after knocking him into the mountain, someone asks him why is he still bouncing around and "looks like that" (in G4 mode) and Luffy replies he has to wait for it to finish. So clearly you're overestimating how experienced he is in using Gear 4

Is G4 not based around using haki... I was under the impression hat it was.
They asked him if he's able to stand still, and he said no. That was it. In G4, Luffy's body is inflated to the point that his feet bounce whenever they make contact with the ground. That's just the way G4 works, experience most likely won't change that.

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They asked him if he's able to stand still, and he said no. That was it. In G4, Luffy's body is inflated to the point that his feet bounce whenever they make contact with the ground. That's just the way G4 works, experience most likely won't change that.
please tell me more ODA about how experience doesnt make G4 better cuz u seem to know. Its a typical OP or shonnen concept to improve as you fight tougher opponents ad doffy>> any animal. aniamls arent tactical eiher so he only needed brute force unlike against human opponents where using the mod effectively comes into play.

Luffy cant even tell when it was gonnna exactly run out of steam that speaks volumes to his experience with G4. dont be stubborn you're really shortsighted to think luffy is super experienced and wont grow more with G4.