Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
List some of the stereotypes of your country and say how true each of them is. I'll start first:

Italians are loud: this is quite correct. It doesn't mean we're always yelling around, but we generally tend to talk louder than people of other nationalities.

Italians speak with their hands: true as well, we tend to use a lot of hand gestures.

Italians are always eating spaghetti, pasta and pizza: it's not like we eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but yeah, people eat them quite often.

Mafia is still a cause of worry: sadly, this is true, at least as far as the Southern regions are concerned.

Italians speak a lot of different dialects: absolutely true, pretty much every region has one. In fact, I couldn't understand a word of Tuscan or Sicilian.

Italians are short, dark and physically weak: this depends a lot on the regions. Broadly, Southern Italians tend to fit these characteristics more than their Northern compatriots, who tend to be tall, fair skinned and well built.

Robbiebah

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm from Ireland

The land is mostly beautiful green fields.

We love to have fun.

We love to get drunk (I don't drink but I still take pride in it. Weird)

You'll never beat the Irish!

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not a lot of stereotypes that I know for the Balkans and Eastern Europe in general apart from the slav squat thing, which I don't even know where it came from. It's mostly known for being ex communist and poor. I do see a lot of people with adidas track suits though, so I guess that one is true.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Russians drink vodka (and other alcohol) - true. I don't, though.

We don't actually have bears walking around, and we don't dress the way it's usually depicted.

...Though, I can't judge well since St. Petersburg has its own specific things associated with it, and I'm not sure if any of those are known internationally.

Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

We don't actually have bears walking around, and we don't dress the way it's usually depicted.

...Though, I can't judge well since St. Petersburg has its own specific things associated with it, and I'm not sure if any of those are known internationally.
Saint Petersburg is sometimes considered as the San Francisco of Russia. Basically a more liberal city than the others in Russia (I have a couple of Russian friends xd)

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saint Petersburg is sometimes considered as the San Francisco of Russia. Basically a more liberal city than the others in Russia (I have a couple of Russian friends xd)
In here, it's actually associated with depression, insanity and terrible weather. And all those are in a way true :p

Didn't we talk about it a while ago though?

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
England.

We all talk with non-existent British accent.

Does this really sound like that?

[video=youtube;kgv8TGhSETs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgv8TGhSETs[/video]

We spend our time drinking tea out of dainty china cups.

A lot favour coffee and very few use china cups and saucers. In fact, I think coffee was introduced here before tea! Outside of homes, I know that over 2 billion coffees were consumed vs. 874 million (0.874 billion) in 2015 here in the UK.

​We're all ever so pleasant and well-mannered.

HAHAHA!

And the list goes on.

Reactions: ~Ethereal~

UchiGOD

Regular
Kin
179💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Iran
friendly ppl who love to dance wherever they can(even in the middle of street xd )
delicious food:score:
full of sight seeings and different cultures in different parts of country(sometimes you feel like you've entered a new country :mew:)
always want to have fun(mostly in the north part)
tall men and short women
with dark eyes and hair
and white skin :D

Reactions: Sugiyama

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is hard to encapsulate all stereotypes directed toward Americans because each state has its own culture. Let me try a few stereotypes:

Americans are uneducated, ignorant, and seem unintelligent.
False. Every country has stupid people; intellect is distributed on a normal bell curve across most countries. IQs average around 95-105, with the U.S. right in the middle. Perhaps what foreigners see comes from media (Hollywood will pump out whatever trash they think will score ratings-and they make a concerted effort to manipulate culture).

Americans are pushy and demanding.
True. America was built on individualism. It's what drives all America's successes and failures including, but not limited to, immigration, capitalism, and a (sadly) growing sense of entitlement.

Americans expect other countries to speak English.
True-ish. Americans have been spoiled because so many countries do speak English. I would say most don't expect others countries to speak English, as much as they hope they do.

The American South is more polite.
True-ish. The American South operates on old-fashioned manners and social protocol. The American North is much more blunt/rude. In the South rudeness is often hidden in politeness (i.e., if you hear a Southerner say "bless your heart," they may be saying "F--- you.).

Americans are very outgoing.
True, and at times annoyingly so; sometimes I just want to buy groceries without someone talking to me about their son's sporting event. Some states are definitely more reserved.

Americans have loose/poor morals.
False. A very large part of America tends to be conservative. From my observation (morality is somewhat subjective/cultural) there is a disproportionate amount of immorality in Hollywood, and our lower socio-economic class.

HashiraMadara

Elite
Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[COLOR="FF000"]

South Africa:

Well mostly the stereotypes are continental...

Big Dicks
I haven't seen a more outrageous stereotype than this. The effed part the it runs within the continent as well where they believe the blacker you the bigger the ****. That's nonsense.

Starvation and bony bodies
That's just stupid in whichever way I look at it. There are no kids with flies on the face, waiting to die of hunger in my country :lmao: Trevor Noah even ridiculed that on the daily show since he's from here.

Jungle
> The feeling when Americans call africa jungle yet more forests exist in United States alone than the entire African continent.

Living in huts
Nah fam, that's just dumb. Even villagers (That make up less than 30% of the country) live in built networks not huts.

Accent
Yeah there is a South African accent but it's not different from the tri nations accents(New Zealand, South Africa and Australia) but that is becoming rare since we are flooded with European migrants who brought about a neutral accent but Captain America Civil War and Age of Ultron still have the best accents to make an example of: King Ta'challa more neutral accent and Vabranium guy is old school SA accent.

Rainbow nation
Yeah fam, we are prolly the most "truly" ((((((diverse)))))) :| country. I said truly because unlike America, The Chinese, Indians, Malaysians, Middle Easterners, Europeans etc here are not migrants chasing "American dream" but they're regarded indigenous since they all have been here for over 100 years forming part of the country without noticeable discrimination.
[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Kishi Uzumaki

Elite
Kin
1,725💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We Sri Lankan's are considered to be hospitable people ( most people are but there can be exceptions )

we are able master things easily specially ones that can learn through practice ( for example I'm more of intellectual type that learn through studying things and applying them to the system ) .

we can't compete with the world ( most people are content with what they've but there's ones who done that )

and likes rice and currys ( mostly we do but there's lot of recipes around )

Last edited:

Hei

Supreme
Kin
263💸
Kumi
250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Russian's drink not only vodka LOL
Also some of them that they like weapons and kinda nuts

Deadlift

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In here, it's actually associated with depression, insanity and terrible weather. And all those are in a way true :p

Didn't we talk about it a while ago though?
Yup, we did ;)

Anyway, according to my friend, Saint Petersburg is more beautiful than Moscow, SPB is more quiet than Moscow, SPB people are more gentle and responsible than Muscovites, SPB people are more openminded than Muscovites, SPB people are more environmentally friendly than Muscovites, SPB people like to practice sports and stay in shape whereas Muscovites tend to be lazy and fat. European Russians mostly see SPB as the most beautiful city in Russia, whereas Siberians tend to prefer Moscow but, according to my friend, they don't count because visiting Ekaterinburg is enough for leaving them astonished.
I suspect she's quite biased.

Iran
friendly ppl who love to dance wherever they can(even in the middle of street xd )
delicious food:score:
full of sight seeings and different cultures in different parts of country(sometimes you feel like you've entered a new country :mew:)
always want to have fun(mostly in the north part)
tall men and short women
with dark eyes and hair
and white skin :D
Lol I noticed that Iranian people actually look more European than those who come from other Middle Eastern countries.

It is hard to encapsulate all stereotypes directed toward Americans because each state has its own culture. Let me try a few stereotypes:

Americans are uneducated, ignorant, and seem unintelligent.
False. Every country has stupid people; intellect is distributed on a normal bell curve across most countries. IQs average around 95-105, with the U.S. right in the middle. Perhaps what foreigners see comes from media (Hollywood will pump out whatever trash they think will score ratings-and they make a concerted effort to manipulate culture).

Americans are pushy and demanding.
True. America was built on individualism. It's what drives all America's successes and failures including, but not limited to, immigration, capitalism, and a (sadly) growing sense of entitlement.

Americans expect other countries to speak English.
True-ish. Americans have been spoiled because so many countries do speak English. I would say most don't expect others countries to speak English, as much as they hope they do.

The American South is more polite.
True-ish. The American South operates on old-fashioned manners and social protocol. The American North is much more blunt/rude. In the South rudeness is often hidden in politeness (i.e., if you hear a Southerner say "bless your heart," they may be saying "F--- you.).

Americans are very outgoing.
True, and at times annoyingly so; sometimes I just want to buy groceries without someone talking to me about their son's sporting event. Some states are definitely more reserved.

Americans have loose/poor morals.
False. A very large part of America tends to be conservative. From my observation (morality is somewhat subjective/cultural) there is a disproportionate amount of immorality in Hollywood, and our lower socio-economic class.
I knew all of them besides the last one. I think that this is a stereotype created by strongly anti American countries like Russia. I've never thought Americans had poor moral values, especially because I hear quite often conservative Americans accusing western Europeans of exactly that.
Of course Americans aren't stupid, and I also know that Southerners are more easy going than Northerners, in Italy it's exactly the same. And I mean dramatically so.
The only problem I find with some Americans is their nationalism. I hear people claiming that America is the number one country in the world, that every country is poor besides the USA, that every country is either weak (so in need for American protection) or evil (so America must take it down). There are those who are proud of having never been abroad, and I've even met one Texan dude who was dead sure Americans are genetically stronger than any other population in the world.
I must say I tend to be easily irritated when I hear people exalting their homeland with the "we are the best" attitude, so I'm probably overemphasizing the problem.

[COLOR="FF000"]

South Africa:

Well mostly the stereotypes are continental...

Big Dicks
I haven't seen a more outrageous stereotype than this. The effed part the it runs within the continent as well where they believe the blacker you the bigger the ****. That's nonsense.

Yummy, I love this, Heading for South Africa asap :Sparks:

Yeah there is a South African accent but it's not different from the tri nations accents(New Zealand, South Africa and Australia) but that is becoming rare since we are flooded with European migrants who brought about a neutral accent but Captain America Civil War and Age of Ultron still have the best accents to make an example of: King Ta'challa more neutral accent and Vabranium guy is old school SA accent.
You must be kidding dude, Australian accent sounds like 75% British and 25% American. Your accent is absolutely different, you speak like those African immigrants who come here from Senegal, Ethiopia, Ghana etc..
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Also:

You must be registered for see images
Why do they all look like Ed Sheeran?