[Question] Steins; Gate subbed or dubbed?

Fuzzy Panda

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just finished guilty crown (which was pretty epic) and now i'm going to start Steins; Gate.

So like the title says, should I watch it in subbed or dubbed?

6ari8

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The answer is always 'subbed'
^^^This. I never liked any anime dubs, though.
They're lying, man. Steins;Gate's dub was amazing, and almost every character was better because of it (especially Okabe and Daru) :)
I find it hard to believe that someone can voice Okabe better than Miyano Mamoru. Besides, Hanazawa Kana and Tamura Yukari are in the cast and those VAs are some of my favs!

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just watch the first episode both Subbed and Dubbed, and make your decision. While original is mostly better, try not to listen to the weaboos, good thing i didn't when i started Code Geass.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^^^This. I never liked any anime dubs, though.

I find it hard to believe that someone can voice Okabe better than Miyano Mamoru. Besides, Hanazawa Kana and Tamura Yukari are in the cast and those VAs are some of my favs!
Miyano is a great seiyuu, but J. Michael Tatum seriously killed this role, even more so than he did Isaac from Baccano! in my opinion. Performance-wise, I might say they're equal, but Tatum's dialogue was a lot better and more fitting to Okabe's character.

And I can't say much for Mayuri's dub VA (that's the only performance I really question), but Cherami Leigh really did a great job with Suzuha, so I might challenge you on Tamura.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I prefer to watch dub when possible, but I just could not watch dubbed Steins;Gate.
The OP should look up dub vs sub "But he's a dude" scene & decide for himself. sub is bettah.
Okay, I remember the scene well...what's your point? Is it the performances, the dialogue, what really stood out as horrible about the dub to you?