Starting Toriko

Shisho

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is definitely one of the best Shonen I have ever read. It has awesome fights, and the characters are getting crazy strong. I would definitely recommend it to anybody that likes Naruto or DB, as both of these manga possess some qualities that Toriko shares. However, Toriko has far better character development and world building than Naruto for certain, and probably DB.

Reaper

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am up to chapter 170 or so but didnt rly read it in 2 weeks.
I plan to continue and I did enjoy it up to that part but I found some stuff I was more intrested in.

I like it,it has its good moments but also some meh ones imo.
It has an "old" feeling to it,kinda reminds me of the cartoons in the 90's,early 00's if that makes any sense xD

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's good, if you can get past the whole "omg it's about eating food and animals and sheet" mentality then it becomes enjoyable. Read the manga, the anime goes off track a lot- it takes adaptation to new levels.

jiraiya lives

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it's my second fav ongoing manga atm. U_U i'd rate the manga a 9.3/10....we constantly get amazig chapters week after week. Toriko has amazing fights, likable characters, Outstanding world building, intensity, and so on...

Give it a shot, especially if you like OP or HxH..imagine OP or Hunter x Hunter with better fights, a faster pace, and better world building and you'll get Toriko.

Forest

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it's my second fav ongoing manga atm. U_U i'd rate the manga a 9.3/10....we constantly get amazig chapters week after week. Toriko has amazing fights, likable characters, Outstanding world building, intensity, and so on...

Give it a shot, especially if you like OP or HxH..imagine OP or Hunter x Hunter with better fights, a faster pace, and better world building and you'll get Toriko.
This is really convincing.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

/thread U_U

Just don't watch the anime, read the manga. Its my second favorite series. Its better than HxH & the characters are as strong if not stronger than DBZ characters.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm currently reading it and honestly? I don't think it's anything special. It seems to have a style somewhat reminiscent of the older long running Shounen's like Get Backers and so on, but there isn't anything that stands out or grips me so far, it's mostly just whacky, goofy and adventurous world building with some reasonably well related analysis thrown in here and there.
I'd describe it as imaginative, but not ingenious, inventive or extraordinary, just imaginative.
Although, kudos to the author for drawing pictures of food that can actually make the reader hungry.

I am only on chapter 57 though, so my opinion may be subject to change but I doubt it. What I've described seems to more or less be the core of Toriko and it doesn't seem to be developing on, expanding outwards or exceeding from this core anytime soon. It's probably more or less the same even in the recent chapters.
It's probably still a reasonably good read though, but there are probably a lot of other better reads that should be taking priority, and how anyone can say that it's better than HxH is beyond me.
You may prefer it to HxH, but I don't see how, in any way, Toriko could be considered to be better, at least not from what I've read. The difference between the first 50 or so chapters of Toriko and the first 50 or so chapters of HxH are clearly substantial.

youwhatsup

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
its really good its my favorite manga
and don't listen to the people who say its bad cause its all about food those people just read few chapters of it and dropped it

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm currently reading it and honestly? I don't think it's anything special. It seems to have a style somewhat reminiscent of the older long running Shounen's like Get Backers and so on, but there isn't anything that stands out or grips me so far, it's mostly just whacky, goofy and adventurous world building with some reasonably well related analysis thrown in here and there.
I'd describe it as imaginative, but not ingenious, inventive or extraordinary, just imaginative.
Although, kudos to the author for drawing pictures of food that can actually make the reader hungry.

I am only on chapter 57 though, so my opinion may be subject to change but I doubt it. What I've described seems to more or less be the core of Toriko and it doesn't seem to be developing on, expanding outwards or exceeding from this core anytime soon. It's probably more or less the same even in the recent chapters.
It's probably still a reasonably good read though, but there are probably a lot of other better reads that should be taking priority, and how anyone can say that it's better than HxH is beyond me.
You may prefer it to HxH, but I don't see how, in any way, Toriko could be considered to be better, at least not from what I've read. The difference between the first 50 or so chapters of Toriko and the first 50 or so chapters of HxH are clearly substantial.
Finish till the end of century soup arc. Then make your judgement. Most if not all fans, enjoy the fights that take place in that arc.

Shinichi Izumi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I'm not gonna tell you to read it all, but there is one incredible arc at chapter 200 if you're interested

Fireplay

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great manga. Im not gonna write a wall of text and tell you why you should read it because others have done that already (and tbh, im lazy) Go and read the manga.

And btw, just to save you some disappointment, its not as strong as Dbz like some love to tell themselves but it is stronger than the HST though and a bunch of other manga aswell.

Its around Saiyan saga dbz level.

Toriko is my 2nd favourite ongoing manga right behind OP and in front of HxH but currently im reading Nanatsu no Taizai and let me tell you this shit aint no joke!!! When i catch up i might have to re-do my whole list.

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Great manga. Im not gonna write a wall of text and tell you why you should read it because others have done that already (and tbh, im lazy) Go and read the manga.

And btw, just to save you some disappointment, its not as strong as Dbz like some love to tell themselves but it is stronger than the HST though and a bunch of other manga aswell.

Its around Saiyan saga dbz level.

Toriko is my 2nd favourite ongoing manga right behind OP and in front of HxH but currently im reading Nanatsu no Taizai and let me tell you this shit aint no joke!!! When i catch up i might have to re-do my whole list.
EoS Heavenly Kings will be stronger than DBZ characters.

Latios

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The manga is honestly one of the best manga I have read (And I have read a shit ton of manga). The author of the manga is also very interactive with his fans too.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Personally, I wouldn't say it's the best. For sure, it deserves to be at least top 10 but I won't say Toriko is the best. It has it's flaw like any other series out there, it's no where near perfection like the other shonens out there. That being said, the mangaka is really hard working, we barely get breaks. We only had a 1 month hiatus before the TS and it paid off really well. It is in my top 3 series for sure and if this series got a good anime adaptation, I'm sure more people would appreciate it a lot more.

Check out this OVA, you don't have to watch completely but this how the anime should of been like.:
[video=youtube;D-l-g5_AyIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-l-g5_AyIY[/video]

Last edited: