Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Espada were handled terribly in general, but why was Stark so ridiculously underwhelming for the number one Espada, he literally was never threatening. I feel it was a huge let-down tbh, having him be lazy and careless is one thing but NEVER having the strongest Espada really seem all that powerful is ridiculous.

His death wasn't all that either, and I don't see why he had to die and Grimjoww to live.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think stark was just fine

He had calm exterior and he seemed most human out of all of them so showed different side of espada
I could see him beating most of his companions

Bar uliqurida and perhaps barragon .

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Underwhelming in what way? Abilities? True he may have not been as hax as say, barragan but he was most definitely best based on pure potrayal. Stark actually one shotted 2 vizards while fighting Ukitake and shunsui (technically that it was his partner also helping for a short bit but that was his gun...)

Overall i think he well deserves the number one.

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Starrk... my fav character. Oh god why?

Why didn't he use those OP wolves against shunsui? Why didn't he even force bankai? Being outnumbered is not an excuse... He's badass anyways tbh.

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Underwhelming in what way? Abilities? True he may have not been as hax as say, barragan but he was most definitely best based on pure potrayal. Stark actually one shotted 2 vizards while fighting Ukitake and shunsui (technically that it was his partner also helping for a short bit but that was his gun...)

Overall i think he well deserves the number one.
Just in overall portrayal, even though the other Espada got trolled heavily as well there were still moments when you thought "oh shi-t the captains done for or just epic moments to be had, Stark had one fight and it was literally nothing serious for 4 episodes before KO'ng some weak vizards and than proceeding to be trolled, he didn't have that "I'm the strongest Espada" moment, shooting a bunch of cero's around was a lame ability to give him imo and the wolves didn't radiate that much strength or even epicness tbh.

Never did I feel like oh shoot this guy's strong, his resurrection reveal was cool but thats about it.

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Espada in the end were just captain level opponents. With 0-4 being little above rest.

Starrk power was handlad okay to me, he took Shunsui, Ukitake, Rose and Love, who were all senior captains in nearly the same time, and he actually never had reason to fight.

His development was also okay, he was second best development espada.

It was never for sure confirmed that he died. Pesche said that he died, but I am not sure would Pesche's words be fact, considering Starrk being lone wolf and all that.

Grimmjow was main Espada, that's why he survived, but considering how he was handled in war arc, it is no difference for him between dead and alive.

Tarkatower

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
cuz Kubo

Barragan and Segunda Ulquiorra clearly beats Stark in terms of feats.
How are Baraggan's feats canonically better than Starrk's? Starrk dominated two Vizard ex-captains and was taken out by the future Captain-Commander after a competitive bout. Baraggan only dominated one of the weakest captains and VCs, and was taken out by Hachigen.

Barry's main ability is deadlier than Starrk's, but his on-panel battle performance is not as good as his.

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
cuz Kubo

How are Baraggan's feats canonically better than Starrk's? Starrk dominated two Vizard ex-captains and was taken out by the future Captain-Commander after a competitive bout. Baraggan only dominated one of the weakest captains and VCs, and was taken out by Hachigen.

Barry's main ability is deadlier than Starrk's, but his on-panel battle performance is not as good as his.
General argument goes like this:
1: Starrk was killed by getting stabbed in the least logical place imaginable. Barragan took a bankai to the face and just got angry.
2: Starrk was beaten by a captain Shikai. Every other espada (except nnoitora and Aaroniero) survived a bankai at some point.
3: Starrks powers are well balanced. Barragans powers where unbelievably haxxed, to the level he could easily pass for an elite sternritter.
4: The battle with Starrk was a smashing powers together until one of them won. The battle with Barragan was Soi-fon and Oomaeda running away until Hachi had to come and save them
5: And of course, Starrk just didnt do much. Neither did barragan, but he at least got to remove a few arms.

Tarkatower

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
General argument goes like this:
1: Starrk was killed by getting stabbed in the least logical place imaginable. Barragan took a bankai to the face and just got angry.
2: Starrk was beaten by a captain Shikai. Every other espada (except nnoitora and Aaroniero) survived a bankai at some point.
3: Starrks powers are well balanced. Barragans powers where unbelievably haxxed, to the level he could easily pass for an elite sternritter.
4: The battle with Starrk was a smashing powers together until one of them won. The battle with Barragan was Soi-fon and Oomaeda running away until Hachi had to come and save them
5: And of course, Starrk just didnt do much. Neither did barragan, but he at least got to remove a few arms.
Argument 1: Starrk was killed by a slash empowered by Irooni which maximizes damage. Baraggan survived Soifon's Bankai as per the nature of his body which is devoid of any vitals rather than raw durability. Neither says anything about their durability.

Argument 2: Yeah, the Shikai of a senior captain. The fact that Shunsui did so is a testament to his strength and Katen Kyokotsu's prowess, and does not imply a weakness of Starrk in comparison to the other Espada. Equating Shunsui with the other captains and his zanpakuto with other zanpakutos is a hasty generalization. Don't forget Starrk would have forced Shunsui to activate Bankai had Ukitake not interfered.

Argument 3: Baraggan is not on the level of any Schutzstaffel, and it doesn't say anything about the feats he demonstrated. We're talking about feats demonstrated, not skillset or their abilities themselves.

Argument 4: Don't see the point of this argument here.

Argument 5: This argument has no point either.

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Argument 1: Starrk was killed by a slash empowered by Irooni which maximizes damage. Baraggan survived Soifon's Bankai as per the nature of his body which is devoid of any vitals rather than raw durability. Neither says anything about their durability.

Argument 2: Yeah, the Shikai of a senior captain. The fact that Shunsui did so is a testament to his strength and Katen Kyokotsu's prowess, and does not imply a weakness of Starrk in comparison to the other Espada. Equating Shunsui with the other captains and his zanpakuto with other zanpakutos is a hasty generalization. Don't forget Starrk would have forced Shunsui to activate Bankai had Ukitake not interfered.

Argument 3: Baraggan is not on the level of any Schutzstaffel, and it doesn't say anything about the feats he demonstrated. We're talking about feats demonstrated, not skillset or their abilities themselves.

Argument 4: Don't see the point of this argument here.

Argument 5: This argument has no point either.
I wasn't actually arguing it, i was just pointing out the common arguments about it. barragan just has one of the most haxed abilitys in the series, while starkk died from being stabbed in the nothing, and the two facts combined make it easy to believe barragan is the stronger of the two.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Meh, I've always figured that the Arrancar ranks went like this:

1) Barragan
2) 2nd Release Ulquiorra
3)Starrk
4) Harribel

The rest should be self explanatory but Yama is kinda different.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was absolute trash. Grimmjow was more impressive than him. That goes for Hallibel too, oh my goodness what a let down the top Espada were.

Barragan was the only one who deserved his rank. Ulquiorra nuts on the rest.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was absolute trash. Grimmjow was more impressive than him. That goes for Hallibel too, oh my goodness what a let down the top Espada were.

@bold. HELL NO! LOL

OP: I somewhat agree. Would've like to see some more unique attacks from him that cemented why he was 1. One thing's for sure Yammy didn't deserve to be number 0 lmao. Starrk is still one of my favs. Don't underestimate the opponenets he fought. The vizards at the time were pretty strong. They were fending off a hollowfying Bankai Ichigo in turns for the training. None of them used their masks until Ichigo used the cero. Only Kensei used his shikai. Although that was an adjuchas Ichigo.

Last edited:

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Lmao no well in hell dude.. Starrk shits on Grimmjow, and has better feats than him aswell. And starrk probably beats 2nd resurrection ulquiorra, since the later has no counter to his wolves (don't know why Starrk didn't nuke the shit out of shunsui with them).

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@bold. HELL NO! LOL

OP: I somewhat agree. Would've like to see some more unique attacks from him that cemented why he was 1. One thing's for sure Yammy didn't deserve to be number 0 lmao. Starrk is still one of my favs. Don't underestimate the opponenets he fought. The vizards at the time were pretty strong. They were fending off a hollowfying Bankai Ichigo in turns for the training. None of them used their masks until Ichigo used the cero. Only Kensei used his shikai. Although that was an adjuchas Ichigo.
Lmao no well in hell dude.. Starrk shits on Grimmjow, and has better feats than him aswell. And starrk probably beats 2nd resurrection ulquiorra, since the later has no counter to his wolves (don't know why Starrk didn't nuke the shit out of shunsui with them).
I don't think Tosh actually thinks Grimmjow can beat Starrk, he just said that Grimmjow showed more impressiveness with his abilities and overall battle prowess... and he's right, Starrk was a disappointment.

For someone whose supposed to be #1 Espada, dude should have nuked the entire FK town.

At least 2ND Ulquiorra showed better AoE in Hueco Mundo against Hollow Ichigo.

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think Tosh actually thinks Grimmjow can beat Starrk, he just said that Grimmjow showed more impressiveness with his abilities and overall battle prowess... and he's right, Starrk was a disappointment.

For someone whose supposed to be #1 Espada, dude should have nuked the entire FK town.

At least 2ND Ulquiorra showed better AoE in Hueco Mundo against Hollow Ichigo.
But people don't really see that Starrk, was totally nerfed. He is a dissapointment, even considering that he was nerfed, but if he wasn't nerfed he'd atleast have beaten shinsui, since he could've blown his ass up with his wolves, but i don't know why he stopped using them and when into a sword brawl against an expert shinigami.

And i don't see how Grimmjow was more impressive if his feats were, losing to Ichigo (even cheating because he fired some nukes at Orihime and Ichigo had to take them to protect her, later it was showed that each one of those nukes could turn a building into ashes and ichigo took 6) and still he lost. Then he's brought back to be shat on by the elite poisoning guy.

Grimmjow is lame.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Stop it, Stark was a dissapointment who did absolutely nothing significant in Bleach. His powers were fusing with a loli to form a pistol.

Ulquiorra would run circles around this guy. Shitty ceros aren't doing anything. Stark gets his head ripped off, Ulquiorra regenerates from anything Stark has to offer.