Stargate SG1 vs. Atlantis vs. Universe

Mnemeosyne

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am a huge Stargate fan. I love the films and the TV-series.
My personal favorite is Stargate Atlantis where I just live Rodney McKay. I really like his genius brain. The reason I like Atlantis best is that I enjoyed the character more.
What about you? What is you favorite series, your favorite character and why?

Kyrik

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My personal favorite is Stargate Atlantis where I just live Rodney McKay. I really like his genius brain. The reason I like Atlantis best is that I enjoyed the character more.
I'm with you about Atlantis. But I love O'niell. He is just too hilarious. Sg1 then SGA for me :D

itachi49

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
One of my favorite serie ,i watched all saisons of sg1 and sgu.
But i didn't watch atlantis,seems to be the less good.When i heard that Rodney McKay will play in Atlantis i decided to not watch since i didn't like his few roles in sg1 and sgu.Not to mension that there is no Teal'c ,O'neil,Goaulds,Azgards and all best characters...

I watched sg1 and sgu.Teal'c and Daniel Jackson are my favorite characters.
sg1 is by far the best serie.sgu had a nice potential but it stopped .I liked Nicolas Rush.

Last edited:

Kyrik

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One of my favorite serie ,i watched all saisons of sg1 and sgu.
But i didn't watch atlantis,seems to be the less good.When i heard that Rodney McKay will play in Atlantis i decided to not watch since i didn't like his few roles in sg1 and sgu.Not to mension that there is no Teal'c ,O'neil,Goaulds,Azgards and all best characters...

I watched sg1 and sgu.Teal'c and Daniel Jackson are my favorite characters.
sg1 is by far the best serie.sgu had a nice potential but it stopped .I liked Nicolas Rush.
wtf mkay is goddamn hilarious in sga I didn't really like him in sg1 either but he is so funny. Also to contradict you there are goaulds asgards and teal'c in Sga, sorry if I spoiled it. but all those points are in sga.

daniel periodically appears, sam runs atlantis for a year every original sg1 character plus the new ones are in atlantis some time or other.

Mnemeosyne

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with Kyrik. All the series are combined and characters frequently visited in the other series.

I suggest that you (itachi49) try to watch a couple of epsiodes before judging it ;)

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aww it looks like I'm late!

I have seen and own every episode released to date! LOL! Yup, I'm a big Stargate nerd.

It's a shame SGU was cancelled though. It had SO much potential. Especially with such a huge plot. The least they could have done was given it a decent ending...

My favorite was SGA too. Gotta love Rodney :D
Needless to say my favorite episode of SGU was the one with Rodney.

Eli vs McKay FTW!

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rodney just makes everything better!
I have the same opinion with you when thinking about SGU. The ending was not good...
Yeah it was such a shame. I mean, the fanbase is DEFINITELY there. It's undoubtable. That's why SG-1 made it to 10 seasons and SGA made it to 5 seasons. The fact that they cancelled it due to low ratings isn't even a legitimate reason because it doesn't account for people watching it together. For example, a group of friends could be watching it over at someone's house for the fun of it. Just by this alone it completely misrepresents the viewer ratings.

Anyways, when you think about the Ancient's and their philosophy it really puts SGU in new light. Why would a race who believes in science and experimentation of the material world name one of their ships "Destiny"? They should have continued the series and gone more in depth with their mission. Not to mention meeting new races in each galaxy. That was such a good aspect of the show too

Syfy continues to make their crap "original sci-fi movies" but couldn't continue SGU? That doesn't even make sense -_-

Mnemeosyne

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah it was such a shame. I mean, the fanbase is DEFINITELY there. It's undoubtable. That's why SG-1 made it to 10 seasons and SGA made it to 5 seasons. The fact that they cancelled it due to low ratings isn't even a legitimate reason because it doesn't account for people watching it together. For example, a group of friends could be watching it over at someone's house for the fun of it. Just by this alone it completely misrepresents the viewer ratings.

Anyways, when you think about the Ancient's and their philosophy it really puts SGU in new light. Why would a race who believes in science and experimentation of the material world name one of their ships "Destiny"? They should have continued the series and gone more in depth with their mission. Not to mention meeting new races in each galaxy. That was such a good aspect of the show too

Syfy continues to make their crap "original sci-fi movies" but couldn't continue SGU? That doesn't even make sense -_-
The show didn't have time to show its full potential. The low ratings was just at very stupid reason. It was shown in (I think) one country. That doesn't say anything about all the other people in the world who would have enjoyed it.
I also know that a lot of fans would have watched it only so they would get more knowledge about the universe. Some of my friends hated the characters (I don't know why) but they still watched it...

I think Syfy just got tired of making good television. That is the only reason I can see.

I always wondered about the name but I figured it was just a crappy plot hole/mistake. Your thought just changed my whole perspective.

Reactions: NLee

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The show didn't have time to show its full potential. The low ratings was just at very stupid reason. It was shown in (I think) one country. That doesn't say anything about all the other people in the world who would have enjoyed it.
I also know that a lot of fans would have watched it only so they would get more knowledge about the universe. Some of my friends hated the characters (I don't know why) but they still watched it...

I think Syfy just got tired of making good television. That is the only reason I can see.
You got that right. SG-1 made 10 seasons, and Atlantis made 5 season (which could have gone longer. They could have easily brought Ford back and created a story arc spanning 1-2 seasons, or even brought back the Asgards looking for revenge, etc). SGU could EASILY have gone 5 seasons with a boatload of story material for more. Syfy didn't even give SGU a chance which is what really irritates me :mad:

I always wondered about the name but I figured it was just a crappy plot hole/mistake. Your thought just changed my whole perspective.
*scratches head*
Umm, what part are you talking about? lol

Last edited:

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The fact that you actually think the ships name meant something :) I just thought it was a mistake but now I can almost see the mystery surrounding it. I hope I explained this correctly xd
Oh that lol. Yeah it's a mystery. The most straightforward reason would be because of the ship's mission. Other than that, I don't know

benIncher

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I watched all of SG1 within the last year, Every episode in a row, stopping only to eat, sleep and toilet. But, then I couldn't get into Atlantis or Universe. SG1 was brilliant, and since watching it, I have started saying "Indeed" a lot. Also, I use fron as well, for head. It's my second favorite TV series. And my favorite space based TV series.

Mnemeosyne

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I watched all of SG1 within the last year, Every episode in a row, stopping only to eat, sleep and toilet. But, then I couldn't get into Atlantis or Universe. SG1 was brilliant, and since watching it, I have started saying "Indeed" a lot. Also, I use fron as well, for head. It's my second favorite TV series. And my favorite space based TV series.
I really like sci-fi in general but Stargate will always hold a special place for me because it was the series that made me really like sci-fi.
It's awesome that you start saying things which was also in the show xd
I can't do it. None of my school friends like the series -.- so I only talk about on the internet.
It's a shame that you didn't like Atlantis or Universe. What was is that you didn't like? :)

benIncher

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really like sci-fi in general but Stargate will always hold a special place for me because it was the series that made me really like sci-fi.
It's awesome that you start saying things which was also in the show xd
I can't do it. None of my school friends like the series -.- so I only talk about on the internet.
It's a shame that you didn't like Atlantis or Universe. What was is that you didn't like? :)
They weren't the same. It's like watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, then Angel. Although they are in the same world, they are different concepts. Buffy is my favorite show ever, and has the scariest monsters I have ever seen... I would advise everyone to watch it.
I have all of the box sets of Stargate, SG1, Atlantis and Universe, and one seemed to focus more on character relationships, the other seemed political. Sg1 had a good mix of action, character relationships and politics... And, did they ever show O'neill's clone again? I liked him.

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They were different, but they were just as good in their own way.

SG-1 was more based on mythology (god I loved that about the show)
SGA was more tech based and comical (Rodney ftw)
SGU was more mysterious, dramatic, and secluded with the cast being stranded on a ship.

I loved SG-1 because it's what started everything (other than the original movie), but personally SGA was my favorite.

SGU had such huge potential but Syfy decided to end it... It had a plot that could have dwarfed both SG-1 and SGA if given a chance to expand upon. Not to mention they had Robert Carlyle who completely owned his role.

They weren't the same. It's like watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, then Angel. Although they are in the same world, they are different concepts. Buffy is my favorite show ever, and has the scariest monsters I have ever seen... I would advise everyone to watch it.
I have all of the box sets of Stargate, SG1, Atlantis and Universe, and one seemed to focus more on character relationships, the other seemed political. Sg1 had a good mix of action, character relationships and politics... And, did they ever show O'neill's clone again? I liked him.
Lol funny you brought that up. I loved both Angel and Buffy :p

Last edited: